Home U.S. Coin Forum

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Any idea when these are being shipped ?

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the HHL is gone! But still unavailable....

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey look, I am now magnified in a smart phone bubbly way :D

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Sorry my old hands just did not have it in them to rewrite so I just borrowed my post. Ievinnll just needed to check back a couple posts.
    Sorry Batman

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Somebody said about not being able to cut and paste cc info...I've actually done that many times successfully...especially when checking out as a guest.

However, what the Mint's system was doing was autofilling expired cc dates for my cards...although the correct up to date info had been saved. So I guess the system was just having a total meltdown.

I have said in another post, the mint should eliminate the CC step just use the default CC, and no need for security code.

• @MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    I've got a payment method blank situation

first idiot said they tried to rerun card

problem with that - they don't have access to the card #s

I was lied to

(and CC comp. says no declines & no pending)

new person said nothing can be done and will most likely be cancelled.

I have a situation that is somewhat similar to this. I ordered coins ( in this case a set of ten Morgan CCs and Morgan Os) with my Visa card. Everything was fine, order is listed as back ordered and credit card was pinged at the time. That was in May. In July, the credit card switched banks and they had to reissue new credit cards to everyone. Since this new credit card has a different number it will not match the number when these coins are scheduled to ship. I called about this and got a couple of explanations. The first was that they will try to charge the original card and it will fail. The mint will then presumably notify the person and at that time there "may" be a way to update card. Then she transferred me to a manager and he said that the mint is being inundated with calls with this same problem due to the time lag between offer and shipment. Again, presumably, they will be making an announcement/change before the shipment of coins. How much of this is bogus is yet to be seen.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2021 10:04AM

The mint is aware of these problems and there are many. They are going back and forth trying to determine the cheapest method that requires the least effort to address the problem. They have not committed to anything yet, however with the size of the issue they "should" do something about it. We shall see.

And if you don't see it here, you won't see it, Hear.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stuck one in my bag yesterday. I’ll be ready tomorrow two clicks from getting another if available

@taxmad said:
    With eBay sales tanking on these - one has to wonder how many buyers in the $600+ range will be backing out (or returning under eBay's Buyer Approval Program)...

The buyer for the big boys gobbled up all the Ebay BINs under $350 , hundreds of them, yesterday and this morning. Now we will see where prices really go on these. Everybody, like me, who is putting together a 2021 Type 2 set will need one.

congrats to all who scored. The mint cluster*&%# yesterday was designed to get more coins in the hands of collectors who
    kept on going and going, and going yesterday.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2021 11:00AM

@RichR said:
    .....and it gives my wife and I something to do together!

My wife is in another state and it was her first time trying to snag one all by herself because my youngest kid (the one who usually makes mint purchases) was in school. Took her about an hour and a half to get the order and was on the phone from 11:59 to 12:35 with me before having to get on a work related call. She had been a specatator during other mint releases and thought it was a fairly easy process till yesterday. Could really sense her frustration and anxiety, so was glad to hear her relieved voice once she got the order through. Can only imagine how many new buyers get vexed with the whole process.

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I ordered a second 1 very late on my phone using all of my dad's info. Got an order confirmed on the site but never got an Email. Per someone's suggestion I checked order status on the site and they had no record of the order. So I called the Mint today (about a 1 1/2 hour wait), she took all my info, said I would get an Email and I did get the Confirmation Email. So I went back to the Mint web site and they still have no record of the order. Does the system need to catch up???

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@RichR said:
    Somebody said about not being able to cut and paste cc info...I've actually done that many times successfully...especially when checking out as a guest.

However, what the Mint's system was doing was autofilling expired cc dates for my cards...although the correct up to date info had been saved. So I guess the system was just having a total meltdown.

I have said in another post, the mint should eliminate the CC step just use the default CC, and no need for security code.

I don't think this would ever happen. If you could hack into someone's mint account you could change the delivery address and order up a storm.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Go to the mint website, customer service, don't login, select menu, check order, order status, at bottom of page enter the order number and email address, if the order exists, it should generate an order page.

(l8-)>>

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

have tracking number for my burnished W ASEs

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

edited September 14, 2021 12:04PM

@edgar said:
    Go to the mint website, customer service, don't login, select menu, check order, order status, at bottom of page enter the order number and email address, if the order exists, it should generate an order page.

That's just it. I did that and it says it doesn't exist. Email confirmation below.

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

What was your order date if you dont mind

@92vette said:

@derryb said:

What was your order date if you dont mind

subscription

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Here is the order:

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

with over 1,100 listings on these, 400 will not hold up, too many desperate sellers willing to sell for less, this has always been a problem on e bay

• robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    ordering was so bad....

I forgot to mention that I tried anew with an emptied cart and logged out.

I actually had time to log back in again and reload the cart

I did the same thing several times on two devices. Was a very fast and furious hour.

👀Seems fair.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dishwasher said:
    The PCGS cutoff date also shows the original release date. I've asked PCGS if they plan to revise the cutoff date, considering the mint postponed the release, but they haven't answered. Has anyone here heard if the cutoff date of Sept 23 will be revised?

Welcome to the forum. :)

I noticed the same thing yesterday. As of the time of this post, it has been corrected.

Source

• Just got the 'your item has shipped email'.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2021 2:34PM

@MetroD said:

@Dishwasher said:
    The PCGS cutoff date also shows the original release date. I've asked PCGS if they plan to revise the cutoff date, considering the mint postponed the release, but they haven't answered.

Used to be the cut-off date was 30 days after "first shipped" (remember UHRDE shipping fiasco)

(l8-)>>

@coinpalice said:
    with over 1,100 listings on these, 400 will not hold up, too many desperate sellers willing to sell for less, this has always been a problem on e bay

It's called true price discovery and it is how supply and demand are supposed to influence a free market. Be thankful that is still exists in some markets.

edited September 14, 2021 3:18PM

@robec said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    ordering was so bad....

I forgot to mention that I tried anew with an emptied cart and logged out.

I actually had time to log back in again and reload the cart

I did the same thing several times on two devices. Was a very fast and furious hour.

What worked for me was having three Chrome tabs opened at the mint and bouncing back and forth till one allowed loading the bag and another allowed the checkout. Using a saved favorite to the coin page, just keep clicking/returning to the "favorite" page tab every time one of the three tabs goes bonkers.

And yes, even with pre-filled CC info it eventually made me manually enter the card number,but only once. After that the card number block had a drop down with the save CC number.

edited September 14, 2021 3:24PM

@edgar said:

@MetroD said:

@Dishwasher said:
    The PCGS cutoff date also shows the original release date. I've asked PCGS if they plan to revise the cutoff date, considering the mint postponed the release, but they haven't answered.

Used to be the cut-off date was 30 days after "first shipped" (remember UHRDE shipping fiasco)

It is still 30 days

I for one would never buy or sell an ebay pre-sale. Too many variables that can create an unhappy buyer or seller. Over the years I have witnessed many ebay bullion sellers go belly up selling what they thought was theirs to sell. My pre-sales are limited to my honorable brothers and sisters on the BST.

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Says it's shipped, let's see if it moves as fast as the burnished did.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that for the two coin or an earlier order that was in back order?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok...something a little odd that I just noted...I have a confirmed order in hand from my primary account...and it's processing...and I also have a set still sitting in my bag. I guess in the chaos...and while using multiple screens...one order went through while a second set landed in the bag moments later???

@Bullsitter said:
    Top 8 answers on the board.
    100 US Mint customers were ask, name something that makes you mad when trying to order a "hot" US Mint item.

A picture is worth a thousand refreshes. Another good one Bullsitter. :D

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Received my second confirmation email... Not sure why they send two... same order number, so will not be a second set. Two emails, so I am reasonably certain I got a set. :D Cheers, RickO

@derryb said:

My burnished are due to be delivered tomorrow

I'll come up with something.

@NotSure said:

@ricko said:
    Received my second confirmation email... Not sure why they send two... same order number, so will not be a second set. Two emails, so I am reasonably certain I got a set. :D Cheers, RickO

@derryb said:

My burnished are due to be delivered tomorrow

me too, race you to the graders.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Ok...something a little odd that I just noted...I have a confirmed order in hand from my primary account...and it's processing...and I also have a set still sitting in my bag. I guess in the chaos...and while using multiple screens...one order went through while a second set landed in the bag moments later???

Same thing happened with me. I had all kinds of windows opened and had a few get to 'Place Order'. Guessing 1 got left in the cart from one of the orders that didn't go through

I'll come up with something.
  • HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    It is only hard to fire an employee if you have not done the necessary paperwork along the way. As for those above you sucking…sched C’s sometimes suck, some SES’s suck just like some officers sucked..that is life. You do not judge the whole military by some sucky officer and you don’t Judge the gov by some sucky SES.

Looks like I struck a nerve with you... I wonder why?
    I'm sure I already know the answer.
    ...just like you did when you "assumed" you could tell where I lived based upon your flyover state comment!

Do you think less of people who live in flyover states - your comment seemed to imply that - at least it did with me

BST references available on request

edited September 14, 2021 7:04PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@Mgarmy said:
    It is only hard to fire an employee if you have not done the necessary paperwork along the way. As for those above you sucking…sched C’s sometimes suck, some SES’s suck just like some officers sucked..that is life. You do not judge the whole military by some sucky officer and you don’t Judge the gov by some sucky SES.

Looks like I struck a nerve with you... I wonder why?
    I'm sure I already know the answer.
    ...just like you did when you "assumed" you could tell where I lived based upon your flyover state comment!

Do you think less of people who live in flyover states - your comment seemed to imply that - at least it did with me

Spend all day hunting the 6 Jan types and they are coming again this weekend. About had it with the government bashing. If the shoe fits wear it. Yes a good deal of the jackassery is from flyovers. You are on mute.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Spend all day hunting the 6 Jan types and they are coming again this weekend. About had it with the government bashing. If the shoe fits wear it. Yes a good deal of the jackassery is from flyovers. You are on mute.

I see...I knew there was something more there...

You instantly assume that anyone who dare say anything but nice things about a gov't entity/bureaucracy or complains about the Mint's ordering system is somehow now a 6 Jan type?? I can only assume the other things that you think of anyone who expresses their thoughts, that don't agree with yours.

You've had your say...I've had mine (BTW, thanks for reporting it). I'm sure the nice folks here don't want to hear anymore from you or I on the subject - especially the nice folk who might reside in flyover country!

Oh, one last thing - I'm originally from FlyOver Country (TX/OK border area)...and I take offense to your comment but I can handle your comments...because it's your right to think however you like! (You're welcome!)

o:)

BST references available on request

From US mint on FB post
    Shipping of 21XJ will begin 9/16. Please visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/faqs/ to learn about how orders are processed and fulfilled.

Awesome

• wow lucky you. nothing for me yet

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw it was available then gone again very quickly.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available for a few seconds.

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes came available for a blink of the eye at 7:30. Gone by the time I got to my cart.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got to little processing box then crapped out before completed. Someone was very fast I only had to click accept terms and place order.

This discussion has been closed.