Home U.S. Coin Forum

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Finally got one at 1:20 pm! Still shows processing.

Oh, I finally got one at 12:46 EST - and got the Confirmation Email at 5:12 EST

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

You don’t have to enter CC each time if saved. It will EVENTUALLY auto fill. I always wait for auto fill I don’t want to confuse a computer.

TIL! I also learned that you can't paste a credit card number into that field. On the other hand (because I always have to be right, even if I don't know what I'm talking about) on a "normal" Mint Rush, the 10-30 seconds you wait for the credit card to auto-fill could be the difference between getting the coin and not.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@MrBear said:
    ...I also learned that you can't paste a credit card number into that field.

I did not have the same experience you did...

Due to the numerous issues the website was having today, and due to the number of times my pre-populated credit card was not showing up immediately upon selecting my already saved Credit Card number...I found that I was actually able to copy/paste my credit card number into the field. I must have done it at least two dozen times today during numerous check-out attempts.

Normally, I have my credit card's security code already copied so I can quickly paste it in that field during checkout but today I had to switch gears and I had my credit card number copied, for immediate pasting...and I manually entered my cards security code in.

BST references available on request

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only dealers can submit for FDOI.

Collectors are Collector Club Members they should have equal footing

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

There is a first strike cutoff date.

They need to ship before the cutoff date to be FS eligible. Once it has past FS cutoff date, coins must be submitted in the original mint shipping box. (label the outside of the box)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:55PM

Did anyones confirmation Email look like this:

Looks like 2 separate line items

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:

I only see a single line on mine.

• @MsMorrisine said:

They need to ship before the cutoff date to be FS eligible. Once it has past FS cutoff date, coins must be submitted in the original mint shipping box. (label the outside of the box)

What kind of label do I got if I ship in original mint box from the last year coins? Thank you!

• Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:
    Are pcgs or ngc going to have a double holder for these?

They always have it available. You need to indicate on the form double holder ($20 extra), put comments in the lower box the coins you want tied together just to be safe. If you want First Strike then indicate that on the form.

• Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBear said:
    I got the two confirmation emails for mine. So should these be "first strike" or "first day of issue" or what? It's been a while since I've submitted anything to PCGS

First Strike, yes. There is a box to indicate First Strike. First Day of Issue is only available to the distributors/direct customers with large volumes.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@o0o said:
    What kind of label do I got if I ship in original mint box from the last year coins? Thank you!

Assuming your "original mint box" is 'unopened/sealed', and has a postmark prior to the PCGS cutoff date for the specific coin, you are eligible for the 'First Strike' designation.

See the section titled "two ways to obtain the first strike designation" here.
    Specifically, #2.

Note - you do not automatically receive the 'First Strike' designation when submitting eligible coins. You have to request it on the submission form, and pay extra for it.

@o0o said:

@MsMorrisine said:

You ship the box within a bigger box.

• MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

Well, almost 7:30am Who's here with Coffee?

• nothing?

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭

No - didn't see any change - not available. Got my one so I'm set, just curious so I checked.

Jim

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2021 4:37AM

nope....been refreshing since 7:18am, and....... nope

I'll come up with something.
  • maybe they tricked us and will drop at :45 or at the hour

Strangely, the captcha's are back...

@derryb said:

@Metal said:

In Mayo hospital (Gallbladder surgery, unplanned) Waiting on my gourmet breakfast with coffee medical care and food here are second to none. I was able to get my order in for the Reverse proofs just prior to surgery. Coins always come first

Get well, soon @derryb!

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuttin honey

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody said about not being able to cut and paste cc info...I've actually done that many times successfully...especially when checking out as a guest.

However, what the Mint's system was doing was autofilling expired cc dates for my cards...although the correct up to date info had been saved. So I guess the system was just having a total meltdown.

• @privatecoin said:
    The mint should not disclose the mintage limit on any specific coin being sold until 24 hours after it has been released. Let it be a real lottery on the release date.

The only way that works is to wait until the 7 day return policy passes to release the mintage numbers.

edited September 14, 2021 5:39AM

Absolutely crazy looked at 8:30 est. Dang captcha

Just to check on a product?

Yesterday’s checkout was like none other! But I got one…. 1 hour 14 minutes later. ( my “refresh finger “ is asking for medical attention 😂

Yep all ordering is done on a iPhone 7. With the worst WiFi ever😉

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know a method to make phone links smaller for the forum, so they don't take up the whole screen?

edited September 14, 2021 5:47AM

Thats as small as I can get it ,editing in my photos

• @MsMorrisine said:

The PCGS cutoff date also shows the original release date. I've asked PCGS if they plan to revise the cutoff date, considering the mint postponed the release, but they haven't answered. Has anyone here heard if the cutoff date of Sept 23 will be revised?

when posting from a phone, a screenshot would have to be editable, and the user would have to shrink it before posting.

I don't know if shrinking on a phone is possible.

edited September 14, 2021 6:33AM

I take a screenshot. When I posted I selected a picture . At that point I am offered different sizes. Original, large, medium and small Pick one hit add (iPhone). My first pic was original and the second was small. I did the editing on the phone

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

MsMorrisine,

I think the mint is pointing the finger at you and it is not the index finger. Did you not notice that giant bullseye on your back? ROFL >:)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Metal said:

In Mayo hospital (Gallbladder surgery, unplanned) Waiting on my gourmet breakfast with coffee medical care and food here are second to none. I was able to get my order in for the Reverse proofs just prior to surgery. Coins always come first

Hope all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Happy you got your Reverse proof. I got mine.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KrustyKrab said:

@privatecoin said:
    The mint should not disclose the mintage limit on any specific coin being sold until 24 hours after it has been released. Let it be a real lottery on the release date.

The only way that works is to wait until the 7 day return policy passes to release the mintage numbers.

Works for me.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

With eBay sales tanking on these - one has to wonder how many buyers in the $600+ range will be backing out (or returning under eBay's Buyer Approval Program)...

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Thats as small as I can get it ,editing in my photos

The first was too big, the second too small. I was hoping for goldilocks, the middle one would be just right. Glad you could do it easily. Thanks!!

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we know if these coins will ship soon, before the processing period of the CC ends? Last night I got that text from the CC company... do you recognize these purchases... I am sure you know the rest of the story. Anyway this purchase will continue to process but not likely to re-process at a later time. Oh and then there are the Peace Dollar backorders to figure out... :'(

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2021 7:29AM

These have the red Add to Bag but doesn't seem to work, still HHL 1. 9:15cst

Gone now 9:23

Just remembered I had one in the bag so that is probably why it wouldn't add, not really looking for another but had one left from the chaos yesterday.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr said:
    These have the red Add to Bag but doesn't seem to work, still HHL 1. 9:15cst

Gone now 9:23

Yep, just looked and has the blue remind me button.

edited September 14, 2021 7:36AM

I tried my skills are limited. Can you enlarge it by doing the thumb and finger stretch the picture spread on your phone. I can enlarge almost every picture posted. I also use a magnifying glass 😉

• @GiveMeProof said:

I’ve gotten that a couple times this year on order confirmation emails, it’s just a glitch & doesn’t seem to affect what I actually ordered or what eventually ships. Like everything else usmint.gov, it’s running about as smooth as Egyptian whiskey.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone with late orders get the dreaded backordered ?

@Batman23 said:
    Do we know if these coins will ship soon, before the processing period of the CC ends? Last night I got that text from the CC company... do you recognize these purchases... I am sure you know the rest of the story. Anyway this purchase will continue to process but not likely to re-process at a later time. Oh and then there are the Peace Dollar backorders to figure out... :'(

The 2-coin was buy it now ( so to speak). It’s charged my credit card. I have a confirmation email and expect them to ship soon. The Carson Cities have not charged my credit card. I understand that is proper procedure. Card will be charged when product becomes available. Peace dollar the same. My burnished ase’s maybe next week or December. 😉

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Somebody said about not being able to cut and paste cc info...I've actually done that many times successfully...especially when checking out as a guest.

However, what the Mint's system was doing was autofilling expired cc dates for my cards...although the correct up to date info had been saved. So I guess the system was just having a total meltdown.

You can cut and paste but not when it is showing as asterisks. That may be the reason for the two different observations.

• I have been frustrated with the mints ordering process before but this was an exercise in frustration on steroids. The ordering process just keeps getting worse instead of better.
    They need to figure this out or turn it over to a private tech company to run the sales.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@derryb said:

@Metal said:

Get well soon. “Hey doc , just a minute. I’ve got to call the mint “ Only a dedicated collector.

Right at 12:01 the Mayo chaplain popped in. The patient web portal shows he entered "patient too busy trying to buy something on-line."

I'm fine, back home.

Glad you're feeling good. Thank God for modern medicine! Gall bladder problems could otherwise be life threatening.
    Go easy on fatty foods for awhile. It took me a year for my body to adjust to not having a gall bladder. Milk fats are still risky for me.

This discussion has been closed.