Home U.S. Coin Forum

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• @Mgarmy said:
    The heavy hitters would be in the highest tier due to volume of purchase. Where would the cutoff be five orders of 200 bucks in the prior year gets you second tier which allows you sloppy coin seconds😂

@MsMorrisine said:

@Boboso5 said:
    Not that it will go anywhere, but I wrote a lengthy email and spoke to a customer service rep a few minutes ago at the US mint about creating a tiered enrollment program for regular US Mint customer purchasers (for the single purchase of each offering by enrollment). Fighting the website isn't much fun, and buying via enrollment would be so much simpler. The US Mint knows it has a problem. They offer free Loyalty shipping for repeat purchasers. Tiered enrollments would be just as easy to set up.

every flipper would qualify

someone wanting ... say an ASE Proof collection ... would be out due to the lower spend amount

My thought is a single enrollment purchase option (HHL - 1) for the regular customers who make several different purchases over a fixed period of time. This would make the hired guns and purchasing club members buy the regular releases as well as the ones they would make a profit on. Wont fix everything, but clearly the system in place doesn’t work real well for the regular household collector.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

People are funny...but if we got into a time machine and flashed back to last night and I had posted "I guarantee that everyone on this board who wants a set will get at least one set...and, in fact, if you keep trying you'll likely get multiple sets!"

WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THAT??? Virtually everyone would have said "You're insane!"

Therefore, despite the server mayhem, I think today was very successful!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 4:10PM

I've got a payment method blank situation

first idiot said they tried to rerun card

problem with that - they don't have access to the card #s

I was lied to

(and CC comp. says no declines & no pending)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@Boboso5 said:

My thought is a single enrollment purchase option (HHL - 1) for the regular customers who make several different purchases over a fixed period of time. This would make the hired guns and purchasing club members buy the regular releases as well as the ones they would make a profit on. Wont fix everything, but clearly the system in place doesn’t work real well for the regular household collector.

won't work

low volume people are left out

who decides what "different purchases" constitutes a good customer? all the hot issues this year would have some flippers qualifying for foot rubs, too!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

I think US Mint unknowingly has caused lasting health damages to the American public 😃

BTW I went through the whole process as ‘guest’ because it seems to work better/smoother than logging in as US Mint user.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 4:17PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@Boboso5 said:

won't work

low volume people are left out

who decides what "different purchases" constitutes a good customer? all the hot issues this year would have some flippers qualifying for foot rubs, too!

I would love a free foot rub.

People don't seem to recognize that flippers are the best customers the Mint has.

• AnnWAnnW Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

@Rarity said:
    BTW I went through the whole process as ‘guest’ because it seems to work better/smoother than logging in as US Mint user.

I managed to get one of the sets today, though it took almost a half hour of trying. I had one computer going as a guest and the other where I was logged in, and the guest was the one I managed to order with.

@MsMorrisine said:

I was lied to

new person said nothing can be done and will most likely be cancelled.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got second confirmation

Many happy BST transactions
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Email confirm received, and now processing? > @Goldminers said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Goldminers said:
    Just now received the real confirmation for my one reverse proof order.

For interest, I also just cancelled my uncirculated burnished order of 3 because of the backorder till December issue. I also cancelled a gold T2 proof that did not ship within a month because no longer first strike eligible. No longer a fan of these apparently deliberately planned delays that go on for months.

Burnished Eagles shipped date changed to Sept 14th if that makes any difference for you.

Thanks for the info, but I think that tomorrow shipping date is mostly for the enrollment purchases. Mine said backorder still, but I already cancelled it and no regrets. Basically I'm just getting tired of the entire modern mess.

My enrollment for the Burnished is due here tomorrow, while my order from today, the confirm email was received 15 mins after the order was placed, and is now processing.

I'll come up with something.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

I still consider this to be an improvement...and it gives my wife and I something to do together!

I agree, "IF" the mint comes out and says, we detected bot assaults or DDOS attacks and reactively shut our servers down to mitigate the threat, then restored them, that action allowed more customer purchase opportunities.

that would be fine with me.

Who amongst us can say they didnt have a chance to order one?

(l8-)>>

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    oh great I got the mystery double order. 2 are showing in order history.

supposedly only 1 gets cancelled, right? whoever just went through the scenario?

When I had exceeded the HHL, both transactions went into PROCESSING, then one order went through, the other was cancelled 2 weeks later. I didn't have to call and wait on hold for half an hour and plead with some phone jockey. I'm not sure how the rumor got started that if you exceed your HHL, you get nothing and everything gets cancelled.

My order for this set took almost 1 1/2 hours to get. Just checked order history and it's in processing mode now, even though I didn't see confirmation email....just order received email. And CC only pinged once.

• johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I wasn't going to get one, however, when I checked my e-mail and had to offers to buy them, I went on line, 10 am Calif. time, and was able to order one with out much trouble. I just got my "confirmed" e-mail from the mint. I may just take it down the street to L & C coin and see what they will give me . . . LOL

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it first came out, site went dowm then I was able to get one in about 10 min after it came back up. Several of my customers were not having as much luck, but I told them to keep trying and eventually, everyone who wanted one, got one over the next hour of so.

edited September 13, 2021 5:08PM

@MsMorrisine said: zLies

@MsMorrisine said:

I was lied to

new person said nothing can be done and will most likely be cancelled.

new new person said "trying again" it "was declined"

interesting moving target ... "not enough" (couldn't concoct whole sentence)

I said I just calledd the CC company and yada yada yada no nothing.

"there is a minimum on your card" minimum? "they have a minimum per day" no "maximum per day" I can spend my credit limit in a day. "they declined it"

can you just cancel this order? ok. it's cancelled.

Now I hope the OTHER one doesn't get cancelled, too.

[edit: they cancelled the line item, not the order -- time for ANOTHER call]

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    after all the recent releases, they all sold out so fast.

then this one has the website SO SCREWED UP they are available for 2.5 hours

the MINT HQ needs to hear feedback on this massive $$^%&&*&&^$$##%^%^&^&

It does no good...

The US Mint is made up of bureaucrats who have a nice safe gov't job....and are getting 5% matching in their TSP funds.
    They live in the DC area getting $125k+ salaries, living in homes that cost $750k+, their kids go to the best schools in the country (as far as academics), etc...

They don't really care about customers nor will anyone in those jobs rock the boat to bring about change...

They will happily use our tax dollars though...to hire more DC swamp over-priced consultants that will tell them how to improve their efficiency (but remember, the consultants only care about milking that puppy (US Mint) for as long as possible...not a quick fix)...

This is our Gov't at work

I hope I haven't violated any TOS with this posting - I only post facts...as I used to be one of them - I know how the gov't worker game is played!

Seems like a very little, jaded, and bitter view. I spoke to a very competent, courteous rep the other day who handled my call expertly. Many are just nice people doing their jobs. No need to attack

He who knows he has enough is rich.

@Onastone said:

When I had exceeded the HHL, both transactions went into PROCESSING, then one order went through, the other was cancelled 2 weeks later. I didn't have to call and wait on hold for half an hour and plead with some phone jockey. I'm not sure how the rumor got started that if you exceed your HHL, you get nothing and everything gets cancelled.

My order for this set took almost 1 1/2 hours to get. Just checked order history and it's in processing mode now, even though I didn't see confirmation email....just order received email. And CC only pinged once.

I'm going to cancel the one "without payment info"

hopefully that will keep the other one alive

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I’m curious, was anyone on this board NOT successful with their purchase?

• KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

When are these supposed to ship?

Thanks
    Frank D

• AnnWAnnW Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    I’m curious, was anyone on this board NOT successful with their purchase?

This was my first experience trying to buy one of the proof sets and, honestly, no one was more surprised than I was when I succeeded. I had an appointment to go to and told myself that I was going to give it five more minutes and then forget about it and head out.

So I was almost unsuccessful.

the way they've been since the ASE W proof, you might not get it until first strike has passed... but probably will

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    What a bunch of crap. Let me guess flyover state? AND if you did work for the USG and that is a big if and allowed your people to suck, that is on you.

Nope - NOT in a Flyover State - Living right within smelling distance of the Swamp (although sometimes I wonder if that's NJ when the wind blows from the North)! :D

...I guess you'll just have to take my word for it - 32 years!

...and NO, the people who worked for me were NEVER allowed to SUCK!

...Now, the people above me...Yeah, they mostly ALL SUCKED (well 90% of them did) and about 1/2 of them got told how much they sucked (in a respectful way) and how worthless they were - It's practically impossible to fire a gov't employee!
    They literally move from agency to agency in the DC / Gov't bureaucratic swamp. Networking is big up there and I'd say 1/2 of them you would not trust to walk your dog!

There are some very helpful and good ones...but they are running the show or leading - and that's the problem these days!

BST references available on request

ok. last attempt to cancel whole order successful

and there are people thinking telling these 1-800# people what needs to be fixed will go anywhere?

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I place multiple orders until it sells out.

how many apartments are in your basement?

Hey, I'll sub-lease apt B-28 to you!

;-)

• Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Are pcgs or ngc going to have a double holder for these?

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got confirmation for third and final order

Many happy BST transactions

I call B-28-top !!

@Mindy9773 said:

Dual holders are a request and a fee

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@Mgarmy said:
    What a bunch of crap. Let me guess flyover state? AND if you did work for the USG and that is a big if and allowed your people to suck, that is on you.

Nope - NOT in a Flyover State - Living right within smelling distance of the Swamp (although sometimes I wonder if that's NJ when the wind blows from the North)! :D

...I guess you'll just have to take my word for it - 32 years!

...and NO, the people who worked for me were NEVER allowed to SUCK!

...Now, the people above me...Yeah, they mostly ALL SUCKED (well 90% of them did) and about 1/2 of them got told how much they sucked (in a respectful way) and how worthless they were - It's practically impossible to fire a gov't employee!
    They literally move from agency to agency in the DC / Gov't bureaucratic swamp. Networking is big up there and I'd say 1/2 of them you would not trust to walk your dog!

There are some very helpful and good ones...but they are running the show or leading - and that's the problem these days!

It is only hard to fire an employee if you have not done the necessary paperwork along the way. As for those above you sucking…sched C’s sometimes suck, some SES’s suck just like some officers sucked..that is life. You do not judge the whole military by some sucky officer and you don’t Judge the gov by some sucky SES.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@Mindy9773 said:

Dual holders are a request and a fee

Do you buy chance have the pcgs number for this dual set?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

I doubt pcgs has assigned a number for each.

So you don’t get a 69 on one side and a 70 on the other, I’d ::

Submit a ton in singles and reholder
    Or
    Buy them as 2 70s

And each coin will have a different coin number

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I was lied to

They did not lie to you.
    They can re-run the same card without you providing the card number.
    They can not re-run with a new card.
    Just my experience.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint should not disclose the mintage limit on any specific coin being sold until 24 hours after it has been released. Let it be a real lottery on the release date.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 7:42PM

@Mgarmy said:
    Do you buy chance have the pcgs number for this dual set?

@MsMorrisine said:
    And each coin will have a different coin number

Source

@Samuel8 said:

They did not lie to you.
    Just my experience.

Well the CC comp says no declines and no pendings

Just called, too.

shrug

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 7:13PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@Samuel8 said:

They did not lie to you.
    Just my experience.

Just called, too.

shrug

I have the "blank-payment method" issue for Morgan O. My credit card is perfect.
    I called, they can't do anything about it. We just wait until one day before they ship, they are supposed to send us an email to ask us to provide new CC info........

I suspect, when the payment method is blank, the mint program did not pick up the CC info at the first place when you check out. You remember several days ago, many people received the mint email asking us to provide payment, I was one of them, the payment method was not blank, I called, they re-run, it went through.

@Samuel8 said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Samuel8 said:

They did not lie to you.
    Just my experience.

Just called, too.

shrug

I have the "blank-payment method" issue for Morgan O. My credit card is perfect.
    I called, they can't do anything about it. We just wait until one day before they ship, they are supposed to send us an email to ask us to provide new CC info........

I got that email already for today’s order

Supposedly 2 different ones “re-ran the card” but each was “declined.”

My CC comp says no declines today and no pending today.

I was lied to twice.

A third said nothing can be done and it will probably be cancelled. I believe this person. However, we won’t find out because I had the order cancelled just in case it might interfere with the other order

@philographer said:
    Seems like a very little, jaded, and bitter view. I spoke to a very competent, courteous rep the other day who handled my call expertly. Many are just nice people doing their jobs. No need to attack

It's not an attack on the daily hard-workers (like you spoke with). I too have had very courteous and competent people on the other end when I have had a discussion with the Mint.

My original write up was geared more to another writer who stated it was time to write a letter to the Mint.

My response was that the bureaucrats (whom a letter would be addressed) really don't care about us...or our constructive or logical criticism.

Am I bitter - Nah, Not at All! - I have just worked with enough swamp people (who read/respond to "letters") to know exactly how they think of "us".

@Samuel8 said:

I suspect, when the payment method is blank, the mint program did not pick up the CC info at the first place when you check out. You remember several days ago, many people received the mint email asking us to provide payment, I was one of them, the payment method was not blank, I called, they re-run, it went through.

I received mine several days back and one person said they didn’t know why I received the email.

None of mine was blank.

I’m not sure what I reported last time but recalling now, I was left with no action taken.

They also have the automated order status phone system, you get the status of a Morgan order and it says it will ship today or ship tomorrow.

They say whatever it takes to get you off the phone satisfied — true or not.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    Hadn't opened this thread since last night and there's 444 new posts!

Did I miss something? :lol:

Just this

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

@MsMorrisine said:

I received mine several days back and one person said they didn’t know why I received the email.

None of mine was blank.

I’m not sure what I reported last time but recalling now, I was left with no action taken.

They also have the automated order status phone system, you get the status of a Morgan order and it says it will ship today or ship tomorrow.

They say whatever it takes to get you off the phone satisfied — true or not.

And don’t forget

A day or two after an announcement was made that the emails were sent in error.

So they corrected something that wasn’t wrong?

As a result, we will now be paying $350.00 per set. If you have already sent us an email before 10:00pm EST on 9/13/21 we will be honoring our previous purchase price. We ask that you please be patient in allowing us time to respond, but rest assured we are still purchasing the coin set. Please allow 48hrs to receive your Purchase Order.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ADDITIONAL EMAILS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT ONE, DOING SO WILL ONLY CAUSE FURTHER DELAYS.

Thank you for your continued support!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got one at 1:20 pm! Still shows processing.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a conformation email this afternoon.

Despite all the issues with server crashes etc at the start, pretty much anyone who stuck around was able to get one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

I got the two confirmation emails for mine. So should these be "first strike" or "first day of issue" or what? It's been a while since I've submitted anything to PCGS

Occasionally successful coin collector.
This discussion has been closed.