Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

August acquisitions -- flash the goods!

Comments

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

love the moonshot inserts. are there 3 of the 1/1 autos too?

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 thats an awesome Reggie! Also seems like you’re one of 4-5 CU members simultaneously working on his basic Topps run. Have fun!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Another Reggie for the run.......

both of your reggie jackson psa 10 topps 72 and 77 are amazing cards.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Originally drafted by the Red Sox, 4x All-Star, NL MVP, NL ROY, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, 2017 HOF

My favorite rookie of his 3 base cards in 1991. Bonus that it is a first year Stadium Club card too.
    Added to the 75-95 Rookie Showcase: https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/8826

Bagwell was the first player I collected. This brings me back!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2021 6:18AM

@BJY83 said:
    Added my 43rd PSA 10 of this card
    today.

Oh SNAP!!! Congrats!! I can't imagine owning one dime much less 43. Wowww!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    Added my 43rd PSA 10 of this card!
    today.

Amazing feat! Curious, what is your collecting goal with this card?

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭

Uffdah strikes again!

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    today.

What?! I feel like we need to see a photo of the ones you currently have all together.

• weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    love the moonshot inserts. are there 3 of the 1/1 autos too?

Yes, there is that one, a black disco 1/1 and something else I forget

• BJY83BJY83 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@BJY83 said:
    Added my 43rd PSA 10 of this card!
    today.

Amazing feat! Curious, what is your collecting goal with this card?

Not sure yet. Maybe get to 100 eventually.

Brian

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice hit Mike. That is a sharp looking TBT set.

• Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Originally drafted by the Red Sox, 4x All-Star, NL MVP, NL ROY, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, 2017 HOF

My favorite rookie of his 3 base cards in 1991. Bonus that it is a first year Stadium Club card too.
    Added to the 75-95 Rookie Showcase: https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/8826

Probably his generally agreed on "best" rookie though the Tiffany is more valuable. I actually like the Leaf Gold Rookies the best.

edited August 17, 2021 7:37AM

@Browns1981 said:

@NGS428 said:

Probably his generally agreed on "best" rookie though the Tiffany is more valuable. I actually like the Leaf Gold Rookies the best.

I created some guidelines I follow when selecting rookies for my set. The guidelines are in the inside cover of my digital album. I do like the design of the leaf gold rookies too.. Stadium club was released late in 1991, but I am still calling it a base set.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/8826

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    I bought a case of 1991 OPC Premier hockey in April 2020. Finally get to show off my big hit from the case- a Vladimir Konstantinov error. It's quite rare for the 90's junk era. The error is a 1 of 2 in a PSA 9 with none higher and only 4 graded. Got a nice PSA 10 corrected version as well in the sub.

So whose photo is it?

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@Frozencaribou said:
    I bought a case of 1991 OPC Premier hockey in April 2020. Finally get to show off my big hit from the case- a Vladimir Konstantinov error. It's quite rare for the 90's junk era. The error is a 1 of 2 in a PSA 9 with none higher and only 4 graded. Got a nice PSA 10 corrected version as well in the sub.

So whose photo is it?

99.8% sure that's Nicklas Lidstrom. Never knew about this error

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Frozencaribou nice card and scans!!

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    @Frozencaribou nice card and scans!!

Thanks, Nic! The picture is of Nicklas Lidstrom, and is the exact back picture for Lidstrom's card, which is #117. Considering the HOF career of Lidstrom and the tragically shortened career of Konstantinov and his perseverance in the face of his injuries, this error card has a lot going for it. Two hockey greats for sure.

-Nathanael

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Unopened Football on STERIODS!!

1971 Topps Football 1st Series Cello Box.

Card #1 is Johnny Unitas.

Oh my, that is Perfect!

that orel is a very smart pick up, imo.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great cards! Vizquel, however may go to jail before he goes to Cooperstown

edited August 20, 2021 4:58AM

@dan89 said:
    Great cards! Vizquel, however may go to jail before he goes to Cooperstown

Yeah, it is not looking good for him. Batboys added to the list now…

edited August 20, 2021 10:39AM

@CenteredMantles said:
    Great august pick ups. National month always brings out some amazing things.

This is one I have been after a LONG time. Only about 56 in the pop report vs over 300 for the PSA 10. Just a gorgeous, crisp auto penned in just the right spot and nearly dead centered. Has all its matching paperwork and is about 40 away on serial numbers from an item I personally know was submitted at the same camp. Thrilled to lock this one away in the PC

congrats! just know that flip doesnt ensure its a real ‘86 fleer. not trying to freak you out. just that a lot of folks have no idea that just because an older blue flips state “1952 topps” does not mean its a real 1952 topps card. mine came in one and everything checked out and obviously from the details youve wrote youve done all the necessary due diligence. per the card, great centering and corners. they are very hard to find in that condition and with all the proper and accompanying stickers and letters. congrats!

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Couple HOFs here.

This JR is a tough one, in fact all the Pinnacle base cards are tough. This one with the gold border and blue on the back. The ol' Bubble card! This completes my Pinnacle base run for Jr.

From 97-03 this man dominated the majors! In his career: 3,000+ k's, 8x All-Star, WS Champ, 3x Cy Young, Strikeout and ERA Leader. HOF in 2015

great cards! i need to get a pedro upper deck rookie.