Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    looking forward to seeing the Natty gets from those who went

i'm a neglected southerner, so my latest & greatest is a fleecebay purchase

always a sucker for MP dimes

>

welp. started and finished the thread in the first post, huh?

for those that dont know about miller presses, they are fairly rare. after finding them, i believe only came in sheet form, finding cards that have appropriate sized borders is even tougher. many times, 7s or 8s are bought, recut & resubbed for 9s or 10s. so finding a 10 that truly looks like a 10 with appropriate looking borders is no easy feat at all. let alone one of freddie. congrats galaxy, thats one hellavu card!

• Options
    edited August 2, 2021 11:14AM

@woodstock2 said:
    Wow, nice pickups! Mine can't compete with these but I was very happy to get this 1973 Nicklaus Panini in the mail over the weekend. I'd been trying to track down a well centered one (that I could still afford) for quite awhile.

golf cards coming in strong this month

so it was you! 🤬

was underbidder on this card. manually entered early on but my snipe didnt pop off. think this was early last month actually from a guy over in italy, right? very solid example and one of jacks earliest and hardest cards, yucky upper deck manufactured-rarity aside. congrats! awesome example.

• Options
    woodstock2woodstock2 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@woodstock2 said:
    Wow, nice pickups! Mine can't compete with these but I was very happy to get this 1973 Nicklaus Panini in the mail over the weekend. I'd been trying to track down a well centered one (that I could still afford) for quite awhile.

so it was you! 🤬

was underbidder on this card. manually entered early on but my snipe didnt pop off. think this was early last month actually from a guy over in italy, right? very solid example and one of jacks earliest and hardest cards, yucky upper deck manufactured-rarity aside. congrats! awesome example.

Thanks! Yes, that was me. I wasn't sure what I was going to get since the ebay picture wasn't great and it wasn't clear whether there was discoloration on the bottom of the card. Really I cared more about centering so that uncertainty didnt bother me much and likely ended up helping me out. The card arrived from Italy over the weekend. I was super excited when I unboxed it and there was no discoloration. Still can't get over it. Seems silly but I've been searching for a relatively centered one for a long time and have had a lot of fun with the chase.

• Options

@woodstock2 said:

@blurryface said:

@woodstock2 said:

so it was you! 🤬

Thanks! Yes, that was me. I wasn't sure what I was going to get since the ebay picture wasn't great and it wasn't clear whether there was discoloration on the bottom of the card. Really I cared more about centering so that uncertainty didnt bother me much and likely ended up helping me out. The card arrived from Italy over the weekend. I was super excited when I unboxed it and there was no discoloration. Still can't get over it. Seems silly but I've been searching for a relatively centered one for a long time and have had a lot of fun with the chase.

they are hard to find centered and my sole reason for going after it too! good to hear about the discolorization being a non issue. always concerning when dealing w an international seller.

• Options

@JimMeant said:
    My 1st pro wrestling card added to my PC.

>

aha! 😉

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

welp. started and finished the thread in the first post, huh?

for those that dont know about miller presses, they are fairly rare. after finding them, i believe only came in sheet form, finding cards that have appropriate sized borders is even tougher. many times, 7s or 8s are bought, recut & resubbed for 9s or 10s. so finding a 10 that truly looks like a 10 with appropriate looking borders is no easy feat at all. let alone one of freddie. congrats galaxy, thats one hellavu card!

thanks compadre! nothing more for me to add; you were on it. inherently cool cards for myriad reasons. i dig them all, but baby blue 83s reside at the top of my hierarchy. i've been waiting on someone to unload for years.

@woodstock2 fabulous golden bear -- my fav card of his. enjoy it!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. That is a great addition to your Rookie Cup collection.

@yankeesman said:

Picked up this 1959 Sporting News which features the first ever ballot for the Topps Rookie Cup award winners to go with my Rookie Cup auto collection.

• Options

^ cool timing too.

“sheckard, chicago nat’l” right after the national was in chicago!

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard love that 74 ryan

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭

Magnificent centering on that Bronko.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chris that is a monster grab. Hard to find one for sale and to find it centered. Just wow! Big-time congrats.

@UFFDAH said:
    Been hunting this card in this grade range since 2014. Super tough to find centered.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Was outbid on this card when it was originally auctioned a few years ago. But ended up with it in the end!

Paul... Best Stargell card hands down. Congrats on the pickup!!.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭

Holy cow Nice Bronk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Been hunting this card in this grade range since 2014. Super tough to find centered.

Wow. That is a for real big boy card.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

Always loved that card. He has a strange, delightful look on his face. Straight killer!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

old pick up. but w the lakers announcement, just figured id post:

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Picked up 2 Cale Makar autos for the PC.

Both from 19/20 SPx.

Obsidian Black and Purple. The Purple is /25.

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

I'll repost this here since I'm apparently confused about what month it is...

Like I wrote in the July thread, I probably should've picked this up earlier when it was a bit cheaper but I'm quite happy with it overall.

• Options

@brad31

very cool w the nephew. hard to top that! even w that absolutely remarkable registration on that 61 ruth. 😉

• Options

^ congrats. both of those cards are definitely must haves for the player run. perfect timing to pull the trigger on that ssp.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow KC that Mantle is incredible. Nice pickup.

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@GDM67 said:
    I'll repost this here since I'm apparently confused about what month it is...

Like I wrote in the July thread, I probably should've picked this up earlier when it was a bit cheaper but I'm quite happy with it overall.

Nice Riley! Very much digging that card

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com