Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

August acquisitions -- flash the goods!

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    What a Hoot! I just picked up this 1971 PSA-9 . I'm happy to add it to my collection!

very nice. I got outbid on an 8 last minute. Like yours better.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ clean and jelly. congrats!

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2021 5:35PM

The I-phone pics on Ebay were not that impressive, but I went to recent sales on PSA and found that the seller had purchased it from the PWCC vault in May 2021 with an actual scan. The scan raised my interest.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Payton Power - Thanks @JakeR2234 for selling me your SWEET 81 Topps Rack!! The year I first started collecting Football.
    It now resides with its single in PSA 10.

Awesome Rack!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    These came back from a bulk sub last fall. Just in time for the season.

Love the Patrick's

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

While a colored HGA slab would be cool, some cards you want to pop on their own merits and the gold in this /25 auto along with the blue just about perfectly matches the Marlins colors. And Jazz's hair. Lol.

PSA all the way with this one. Jazz has a shot at being a 30/30 SS in a year or two, he's at 15/16 now with a rookie year marred by 2 IL trips and a Covid 10 day break.

Love this card.

• Options

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    I was in DFW for work and ran into the Dallas Card Show. Brought a few things with me and was able to swing a few deals. These are my graded pickups

Sweet Alworth rookie.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options

After I get the wax off the back, seriously thinking of sending this in and taking my swing at a 9. Corners and edges are razor. Centering is realllly good for this card( incredibly hard to find a centered one), a bit tilted though. LCS pickup for $25.

Maybe a 1 in 3 shot at a 9 here? Thoughts? TIA.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 12:28PM

double check the size of the jabbar. That card is like 70% of the time Min Sized. Not joking. Top boarder slant vs the straight edge on the bottom could also get it a miscut

• Options

I have a few 86 stickers sitting around, good idea. Thx.

• Options

If you look at the psa 8s out there I see similar cuts...it's good to get some eyes on it at what will be a $100 fee soon I hope. Thanks.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrburns443 said:

@mrburns443

Don't know your first name - George?

Nice pickups - by any chance did you share the Ruth/Gehrig card with Chris Sewall BB Card Collector? I saw this card on his video.

Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 2:07PM

Never pulled one - so had to pick these up just before he starts hitting home runs again - his batting fielding can't be challenged IMO - I like him!

This just for fun - I did the 2021 TSC set this year - thought the photos were incredible - and wanted to show 5 parallels (the silver is the "base") that I pulled on the same card - the gold chrome is a "case hit."

For the first time in many years, I'm not planning on putting a Topps Chrome set together due to price.

I predicted - based on pre-order - that this would happen - at least my wife knows tho she only "half" listens to my rambling...

Pre-order on Topps Chrome hobby was $350 - look what it is right now....

*note that they didn't tell the "real" original price (they have it @$299 instead of $350) since they didn't want to totally burry this over bloated price point of a product:

Mike
  • Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

@mrburns443 said:

@mrburns443

Don't know your first name - George?

Nice pickups - by any chance did you share the Ruth/Gehrig card with Chris Sewall BB Card Collector? I saw this card on his video.

Yep that was me!

• Options

Yeah, it's totally min size.
    I have a very off center but full size Akeem lined up underneath it. Woof.
    You guys rock.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PastaBoy said:
    Doesn't really belong here, but I was happy today...went to a local Flea market with my better half and was just following her around shopping when I spied these on a table and bought them. Happy day for my fledgling collection.

Didn't really check them out there since it was hot and wife done too. Got home and one of them has:

in back. Another has Schmidt. They threw in a '90 Fleer rack pack too.
    So, not graded (do people grade these since they do look good shape?) but my days work. :)

Just out of curiosity, how much did they cost?

PSA doesn't have holders that fit them, so won't grade them. BBCE has holders, but I don't think they are sealed. In any event, if you want added protection/guarantee of authenticity for your heirs BBCE is the way to go.

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

For the Trout collection.

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 176 ✭✭✭

@daltex Nabbed sealed '92 Score, UD, and Fleer factory sets along with rack packs cause, well, why not? Wasn't expecting to buy anything there tbph. Rack packs were $2 each though. Thanks for other info.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2021 6:19AM

Connor McDavid is a joy to watch. Forget the mind numbing fact that a 6 year old young guns card is at 3k- I'm happy to have it in my possession.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2021 8:56PM

@Frozencaribou said:
    Connor McDavid is a joy to watch. Forget the mind numbing fact that a 6 year old young guns card is at 3k- I'm happy to have it in my possession.

I still kick myself for not pulling the trigger when this was a $500 card in December 2019. Great pickup!

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com