Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Current Turnaround Time

Comments

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care about delivery as long as my orders are delivered to the FUN bourse (actually would prefer that at this point). But one regular grading order at least needs TrueViews available soon. I was going to image the coins for a book that needs to be done by late December. TrueViews would work as proxies for them. But that order remains in Grading level limbo, while later submissions at Modern Value tier have been in Quality Check for weeks. It is maddening.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2021 6:35PM

@Barberian said:
    And on the 93rd business day since submission, the order is now in ENCAPSULATION and TRUEVIEW imaging! I was pleasantly shocked after 60-some business days of checking.

Things are moving along smoothly. Got to go back to my order page and soak this all in.

Wow, congratulations, it must be exciting to see something new. Mine are still in grading from July 20th, moving right along into December.

• Options
    mightyhuntermightyhunter Posts: 476 ✭✭✭

My regular submission finally moved from limbo to encapsulation and imaging. How long till I can see my grades?

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mightyhunter said:
    My regular submission finally moved from limbo to encapsulation and imaging. How long till I can see my grades?

60 days? :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

at least.

never seen it so bad

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

you guys need to stop complaining abrasively and publicly and call / email and be nice
    (and persistent)
    obviously they're swamped
    I've offered to take excess coins that won't be graded for months but all I get are gentle no's

• Options
    Morpheus1967Morpheus1967 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@tcollects said:
    obviously they're swamped

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since they have so much business, it would be nice if they offered a 5% refund for each month past the normal turnaround time.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2021 5:39AM

I would think it prudent to put the current turnaround times on the Website. 30 days for regular service???

I'm at 46 days and counting.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lack of communication is arrogant. You can't call yourself a world class industry leader when your customer relations lack so badly. Your customers know better.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options

At least they haven't gone and said "No more economy or regular subs until further notice" like happened with sports cards.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

Just want to add that I hope all the TPG graders are taking all of their allotted PTO and finding some time to enjoy the holiday season with their loved ones. I've waited this long, another month isn't going to hurt.

• Options

Your submission is on its way.
    Yes so is Christmas!

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

From a customer relations standpoint I do think that a discount would be appropriate, appreciated and fair when turnaround times greatly exceed the published estimates.

• Options

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes. I sent in a submission recently. I’ve since let my subscription expire, and may not renew it if submissions take 3-4 months now.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up to 137 calendar days, or 95 business days in grading, called and was told it was getting closer to the end of the grading cycle now, and so to expect around 7 more days :)

• Options

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

Up to 137 calendar days, or 95 business days in grading, called and was told it was getting closer to the end of the grading cycle now, and so to expect around 7 more days :)

What does the "end of the grading cycle" mean? When I first called PCGS in mid-October, I was told the coins had been graded individually already. Does a batch of coins get graded by one grader in its entirety before the batch moves on to another grader? Does that mean the two graders may grade the same coin weeks apart from each other? For some reason, I had this assembly-line idea of how coins are graded, i.e., that the second grader examines the coin shortly after (a matter of minutes after) the first grader grades it.

When will grades and trueviews be posted during this entire process?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

I've been reading this and other threads with great interest. End of grading cycle? That's a new one. I'm starting to think PCGS is run by Willy Wonka. Must have a silver, gold, or platinum ticket/membership to enter the establishment. No drop-offs and a secured building. Oompa Loompa's running an Express order to the front of the line. The off limits room where the mysterious "trumps all other graders" guy/gal makes the final ruling. Weeding out undesirables to get to the most precious. And finally, the dissapointment when your beloved coin doesn't measure up and it's back to the shack for you.
    Hey, remember those chocolate coins you used to see around Christmas time....

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• Options

@Fairlaneman said:
    Received grades and order shipped in 29 working days, if I counted correctly. Econ submissions with no frills. PCGS received it on 10-21 and it was shipped today 12-6. Not shabby at all in my opinion.

Ken

How many hundreds you slip in the box? Still hasn't moved. This was dropped off at the ANA...

• Options

By the way, NGC just shipped my Econ sub back to me Friday, they got that 10/26...

• Options
    edited December 6, 2021 3:41PM

@DelawareDoons said:

@Fairlaneman said:
    Received grades and order shipped in 29 working days, if I counted correctly. Econ submissions with no frills. PCGS received it on 10-21 and it was shipped today 12-6. Not shabby at all in my opinion.

Ken

How many hundreds you slip in the box? Still hasn't moved. This was dropped off at the ANA...

Is that 'Regular' service?

Here's my regular service. Our host is still advertising 30 day turnaround for this service.....mine's at 47 and counting.

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@Fairlaneman said:

Ken

Is that 'Regular' service?

Here's my regular service.

Economy.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

My submission is now in "Quality check" now (after 97 business days).

How and when will grades be posted?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    mightyhuntermightyhunter Posts: 476 ✭✭✭

My regular submission (collectors Club platinum) 8 coins are now in quality assurance. They also show them as being imaged. How much longer am I looking at now? I submitted 7 Morgan Dollars and an interesting Barber Dime. MH

• Options

Regular service with gold shield. Dropped off at Long Beach; recorded at received at the office on 10/5. About 45 business days. give or take. Absolutely need the TrueViews before Xmas (for a book to release at FUN - self-publish at this point) and the coins for the FUN show. Still in Grading. Since I have had other orders (Modern Value) in Quality Check for maybe a month and no grades or TrueViews, it is worrisome. The expense of setting up at the show was predicated in great part on this. Should have just imaged them and kept them raw perhaps.

• Options

• Options

So much for expedited....

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2021 5:27AM

Got one in qa approaching a month now

and its not economy

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:
    Regular service with gold shield. Dropped off at Long Beach; recorded at received at the office on 10/5. About 45 business days. give or take. Absolutely need the TrueViews before Xmas (for a book to release at FUN - self-publish at this point) and the coins for the FUN show. Still in Grading. Since I have had other orders (Modern Value) in Quality Check for maybe a month and no grades or TrueViews, it is worrisome. The expense of setting up at the show was predicated in great part on this. Should have just imaged them and kept them raw perhaps.

Have you contacted PCGS about your situation?

While not ideal, if you absolutely need to have your order by a particular date, MAYBE PCGS will allow you to upgrade to a higher service level to enable a quicker turnaround time.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

72 days, regular, no rush, happy with what I received. Sending off another order of 12 coins tomorrow.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@alefzero said:
    Regular service with gold shield. Dropped off at Long Beach; recorded at received at the office on 10/5. About 45 business days. give or take. **Absolutely need the TrueViews ....

Have you contacted PCGS about your situation?

While not ideal, if you absolutely need to have your order by a particular date, MAYBE PCGS will allow you to upgrade to a higher service level to enable a quicker turnaround time.

Yeah, I shot off an email. It was previously expedited. Was so used to Regular service being fast enough. Might need to leave out a handful of varieties in the first printing (self published this time for expediency anyway,). It is going to be so tight that I will have to pick them up at the Staples in Orlando. Not complaining about that though. I know where the store is and I won't need to ship or carry that.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2021 8:08PM

58 business days for Regular? It was 15 last year. Is there a point where our host feels any embarrassment or shame? At least an explanation of what is going on and their plan to fix this backlog. It's become a joke. I can't imagine any other service on the planet creating this big of a problem and not at least addressing its members.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent some in fairly recently. Was back in my hands in under a week. When you dont cheap out on the service level.....

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:
    Yeah, I shot off an email. It was previously expedited. Was so used to Regular service being fast enough. Might need to leave out a handful of varieties in the first printing (self published this time for expediency anyway,). It is going to be so tight that I will have to pick them up at the Staples in Orlando. Not complaining about that though. I know where the store is and I won't need to ship or carry that.

I hope that it works out for you. :)

• Options

A friend of mine has had a PCGS Econ in QA since 10/28.

• Options

Is this turn around time issue as frustrating as the us mint. :D

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    Is this turn around time issue as frustrating as the us mint. :D

Yes, because you expect to be frustrated by the Mint, not by our gracious hosts.

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

They have my Nickle. I'll wait :smiley:

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a single coin regular crossover submission received on 10/4. Went to QC/imaging on 11/8. Just received TV and grade last night and just received a shipping notification a moment ago.

• Options

• Options

I would feel better if my submission spent an equal amount of time in all the other progressions. Instead of forever in QA . Since that is the last step before shipping makes me think they ran out of wrapping paper.

• Options

@oldrattler said:
    I would feel better if my submission spent an equal amount of time in all the other progressions. Instead of forever in QA . Since that is the last step before shipping makes me think they ran out of wrapping paper.

Love the handle. Only 13 posts since 2018, yet now you are awakened.

I'm in the same boat as you. Post more often.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file