Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Current Turnaround Time

Comments

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2021 12:59PM

If these long wait times don't turn you into a discerning buyer/collector nothing will.

The sports card grading took a year with PSA and a year and counting with BGS.

BGS billed me over two months ago... lol

It has slowed my purchases to almost nothing.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've come to start to wonder if my order will be complete before the release of 2022 morgans or silver eagle rushes.... :s

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to keep bashing it, but I myself, have stopped sending in submissions until they catch up, as well as not taking any more customer submissions to submit either.

• Options

@ms70 said:
    99.... Got the "grades are available" e-mail. Cert's / images not in system yet.

Impossible Impossible!!!!! :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

Just got grades today for my Economy submission that was received on September 1.

That makes 129 days.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

I have my fifth order of the year into our hosts. I don' mind the wait; however, I do mind the fact they won't update their chart of how many business days days it takes. My order has been in since Sept 10, and the chart says it should take 45 days. If it is going to take twice as much time simply let the customer know the "correct or approximate" current turn around times. It really can't be that hard to update the chart. I know my coins are secure, and I know I will get them back, and I am not in a hurry, but this simple customer service task should be an easy thing to take care of such a minor detail as to update turn around times.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my grades from ANA econ drop off yesterday. They had the gall to upcharge for 2 $500 coins. :neutral:

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

Would it make sense at this point for PCGS to announce that they're not accepting any new submissions for 30 days, and maybe during that time to hold weekend grading marathons with OT or bonuses for their employees? I would completely respect them for doing that, and it would make sense. I'll also reiterate that Walkthrough is as fast as ever.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    Finally got my grades from ANA econ drop off yesterday. They had the gall to upcharge for 2 $500 coins. :neutral:

Why am I not surprised?

• Options

@opportunity said:
    Would it make sense at this point for PCGS to announce that they're not accepting any new submissions for 30 days, and maybe during that time to hold weekend grading marathons with OT or bonuses for their employees? I would completely respect them for doing that, and it would make sense. I'll also reiterate that Walkthrough is as fast as ever.

Nobody should be forced to work more than 40 hours a week, especially not graders.

They need to hire more graders if they have to overwork the existing ones to get things back to normal.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@opportunity said:

I like the sentiment but I don’t think this is the answer. They can say they aren’t accepting more submissions, but that won’t stop people from sending more submissions.

They just need to scale their operations to better accommodate the demand.

• Options

@FixedFrameNate said:

@opportunity said:

I like the sentiment but I don’t think this is the answer. They can say they aren’t accepting more submissions, but that won’t stop people from sending more submissions.

I bet the issue right now is compensation. How much do you think a good grader would want to live in SoCal right now?

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@FixedFrameNate said:

@opportunity said:

I bet the issue right now is compensation. How much do you think a good grader would want to live in SoCal right now?

That's why I say move to Texas, Tennessee, or even Florida. Isn't NGC in FL? I'd move right across the street :D

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

@opportunity said:

I've thought about that. At least accept but not enter in their system until the backlog is completed. Or, they could offer to compensate you the difference between the tier you submitted under and the lower tier. I paid extra for Regular for a faster turnaround and I'm getting 150% of the turnaround time of Economy (which increased 50% since last year). I don't think they've ever considered fixing the problem; the keep sending out what few graders they have to grade at shows. The problem will only get worse, you watch.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

@Coinscratch said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@FixedFrameNate said:

@opportunity said:

That's why I say move to Texas, Tennessee, or even Florida. Isn't NGC in FL? I'd move right across the street :D

Sarasota aint cheap either. Ain't no SoCal, but a half decent house is $500k+.

• Options

Why offer a quarterly special if they can't complete your order in a quarter?

• Options
    FixedFrameNateFixedFrameNate Posts: 18
    edited December 29, 2021 10:13AM

@privatecoin said:
    Why offer a quarterly special if they can't complete your order in a quarter?

From my experience you get the next quarter’s special.

• Options

Well my order submitted was received in September. For sure my order will not be done till at least January. So I should get the quarterly special for January to March that nobody knows what it is yet, or if my order will even qualify for any of those specials in this coming quarter?

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    Well my order submitted was received in September. For sure my order will not be done till at least January. So I should get the quarterly special for January to March that nobody knows what it is yet, or if my order will even qualify for any of those specials in this coming quarter?

That’s what I would expect.

The criteria to qualify for the special box are usually consistent quarter to quarter.

• Options

@FixedFrameNate said:

@privatecoin said:

That’s what I would expect.

The criteria to qualify for the special box are usually consistent quarter to quarter.

"Usually " There is nothing usual about what's going on with their turnaround times right now.

• Options

My order is in QA today... impossible impossible!!!! :D

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2021 10:50AM

@privatecoin said:

I thought the quarterly special was based on submission date/postmark, rather than return ship date?

(l8-)>>

• Options

@edgar said:

@privatecoin said:

I thought the quarterly special was based on submission date/postmark, rather than return ship date?

They key is available while supplies last.

• Options

@edgar said:

@privatecoin said:

In that case I should get the silver box. But don't think that's happening.

• Options

54 business days and counting - Regular tier.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mach1ne said:
    54 business days and counting - Regular tier.

Yours must be around the same time as mine. 10/13 received date - in QA since yesterday.

I've never even had an economy take this long.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options

Finally got more movement in my early mid-September submissions. All finally moved out of grading into encapsulation.

I’m up around 65 business days on these. My Sept 1 submission shipped at 72 business days.

All economy or modern value.

• Options

Got TONS of movement in my submissions over the last 48 hours. All 5 of my September submissions went from grading to shipped.

Don’t know if this is just a year end push so they can count all these submissions as revenue in before year-end, but I’ll take it.

My oldest order stuck in grading is now an Economy one received on October 15.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 4:52PM

99 business days on an economy and they return them in a crappy black box. At least if they sent me a gold box as a kind gesture I could've said something nice, but no. Right in the garbage.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on calendar day 89 in the grading phase for an economy submission - will I be the one to break 100?

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

My September 10 (day they put them in the system coins arrived earlier that week) economy order arrived at my PO B0x today January 3; shipped on December 30. Maybe a year end thing, or maybe just how they are running now.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

Some other info that may be helpful.

My order received September 12 got the gold box, but my order received September 20 did not.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats the latest info on turnaround time? I have a Nov 12th order not moving.

• Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2022 9:25AM

My submission was received 07Dec and is in QA check step now :) (Modern)

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sadysta1 said:
    My submission was received 07Dec and is in QA check step now :)

What level service did you pay for?

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

10/18 voucher regular 4 coins just got shipped yesterday. Modern 7 of those peace and morgan dollars 11/19 those have been in quality check for over 10 days now with no movement.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

I'm just wondering where my true views are.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2022 9:53AM

@privatecoin said:
    I'm just wondering where my true views are.

Me as well. I've had the coins two weeks now.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

I'm on day 97 in grading...

• Options

10/18 Regular here. Just called customer service and there are 19 people ahead of me, estimated 39 minutes before they get to me. Which, by PCGS standards, is closer to 78 minutes.

• Options
    edited January 11, 2022 3:53PM

Regular turnaround (which is up 400% from last year) is now the same as Economy.
    I'll be calling back and cancelling my other 3 orders if I am going to be billed hundreds of dollars extra for the same turnaround time?

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no complaints whatsoever. 4 orders in and 1 has been sitting a while in Economy. I'm just glad PCGS is doing them especially in the light of this pandemic thing.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but if you have a business to run, and rely on getting coins back to offer to customers or before a major show, etc, you rely on adequate turnaround times to be able to conduct business.

• Options

I was trying to go a whole day w/o checking. Apparently I cannot :D I'll try again tomorrow.
    Received 11/23 modern/regular.

• Options

• Options

You ever look at this page? PCGS has graded 322,643 coins in the past 30 days. No wonder they are a bit behind.
    Also interesting is the high number of cleaned coins :#

https://www.pcgs.com/statistics

• Options

Got grades today. 70 business days Regular. I won't be using Regular ever again for coins <$2500.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file