Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Current Turnaround Time

Comments

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gave PCGS a Regular submission and an Economy at the Summer ANA show in Chicago. Sent in a subsequent Economy submission about a month later. I've now received both Economy submissions back however, the Regular submission remains in house in Imaging.

Granted these were some very rare but lower grade items. I'm thinking there was some study/verification on something which slowed things up. Don't know why they're being imaged as I didn't ask/pay for that.

Hoping for news next week.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Just be happy your not dealing with silencers and the ATF - https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    Gave PCGS a Regular submission and an Economy at the Summer ANA show in Chicago. Sent in a subsequent Economy submission about a month later. I've now received both Economy submissions back however, the Regular submission remains in house in Imaging.

Granted these were some very rare but lower grade items. I'm thinking there was some study/verification on something which slowed things up. Don't know why they're being imaged as I didn't ask/pay for that.

Hoping for news next week.

Images are included with coins submitted at Regular Service or above.

• Options
    cjdilegocjdilego Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

I had to call PCGS on an order that somehow they just forgot about it? It sounded like someone on there end obviously made a mistake by the response that I was getting on the phone and they did expedite y order after that. The grades were also the best that I have ever received on crossovers with several jumping 2 full points.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2021 3:58PM

@cjdilego said:
    I had to call PCGS on an order that somehow they just forgot about it? It sounded like someone on there end obviously made a mistake by the response that I was getting on the phone and they did expedite y order after that. The grades were also the best that I have ever received on crossovers with several jumping 2 full points.

A 2 point PCGS positive crossover from another grading service is extremely rare. I usually get a grade drop after 3-4 months of inspection on my NGC medal crossovers, probably including the half dozen top pops currently sitting in grading since August. No wonder I am becoming a bit ornery in my old age.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cjdilego said:

@cjdilego, When were the coins submitted? I received the same response over a month ago ("Yes, this is running a bit late").

Congrats on the upgrades!

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

@cjdilego said:
    @Goldminers Post said:
    A 2 point PCGS positive crossover from another grading service is extremely rare. I usually get a grade drop after 3-4 months of inspection on my NGC medal crossovers, probably including the half dozen top pops currently sitting in grading since August. No wonder I am becoming a bit ornery in my old age.

To clarify, I did also have the restoration service on the coins as well as a crossover. Here are a couple of pics.![]

Those are very nice coins. Well done and great to collect!

• Options
    mightyhuntermightyhunter Posts: 476 ✭✭✭

As suggested by other posters, I made the call to PCGS. Left a number rather than wait an hour on hold. Never got the call back. Oh well. Just sayin...mh

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my odds are I will miss the gold box due to turn around times... :'(

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

I checked on my submission on my account page and instead of seeing its status, there was a somewhat alarming message for this first-timer stating:

"You have no recent orders in our system. Start a submission and check back to see your order's progress." For a second I thought they'd lost the submission.

Turns out the order had rolled over onto the older "orders" page. I guess after 130 calendar days in their possession (120 calendar days and 86 business days since noted as officially "received"), they figure the submission should have been graded by now. It still remains in "authentication and grading".

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a comment of things starting to improve, but I got two in QC been their for 2 weeks now

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@MetroD said:

Link (screenshot from 07/31/21)

What is the secret algorithm to decode the accurate numbers?

(# of days x 2)

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

Got through to customer service today. The lady was very pleasant but harried. Confirmed my regular submission was 41 business days in. She said my coins were graded but unavailable for me to know the grades. She put an “expedite” on my submission. Whatever that means. Oh well. As Sargent Schultz would say “ I know nothing”. Oh well. Mh

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got an expedite on an order yesterday too. Really need them back in my hands within a couple weeks.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Upcoming trade shows along with holidays this month and next may slow things down.

• Options

It's clear to me that the mission of the company (a grading company) has become lost in all the other projects they involve themselves in. When I worked for a living and we fell behind producing the business on the books, we had to work Saturdays and Sundays. Just sayin'.

• Options

I sent an email requesting status, they advised it would be expedited, but I don't expect any change.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

What I find interesting is that all my lowest cost to grade modern value submissions of Morgan's, Peace, and some ATB's are already in the encapsulation and QA stage, and I only sent them in a couple weeks ago! That is really fast.

Yet my US Mint medals raw and in NGC crossovers have been sitting in grading for 2-4 months.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised our host hasn't responded to this thread yet.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@alefzero said:
    I got an expedite on an order yesterday too. Really need them back in my hands within a couple weeks.

I wish you the best with that. I hope you don't have any die pairings that you want to have attributed.

My order is in its second month in "expedite" mode and yet nothing has changed after what will now be at least 89 business days and four calendar months in "authentication and grading". Likely hundreds of thousands of coins have been graded and shipped since my order was "expedited".

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@alefzero said:

I wish you the best with that. I hope you don't have any die pairings that you want to have attributed.

My order is in its second month in "expedite" mode and yet nothing has changed after what will now be at least 89 business days and four calendar months in "authentication and grading". Likely hundreds of thousands of coins have been graded and shipped since my order was "expedited".

Not likely I'll ever make that call for "expedited" resolution.

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

they were firm but fair i forgot i even sent them in it was so long
    pcgs should offer an amnesia option where you forget about your submission I'd probably pay $5-10/coin for that kinda depends

• Options

@younique said:
    Not likely I'll ever make that call for "expedited" resolution.

A silky!

• Options
    edited November 23, 2021 7:05PM

Another business day. #75. Nothing.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    I made a comment of things starting to improve, but I got two in QC been their for 2 weeks now

Also have one stuck in QC for a few weeks now. Things not moving much faster ATS either.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a batch in under modern value... 25 day turn around. Plain simple first strike but no extra handling such as photos. They were logged in and moved to grading at lighting speed. I was very impressed. They moved to "Encapsulation" over a month ago. They are still sitting in Encapsulation. We are beyond the 25 business day mark now but given what you guys are posting I am a short timer. :s

I do not know the inner workings of the slabbing system. But If my coins were graded last month and they do not need any additional handling like attributions or photos then why have they not been slabbed, sealed and shipped? What is the big bottleneck in the system? I had previously been under the assumption that Grading and Photos were the choke points. Now I'm thinking it is something else.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

over 65 days and counting

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:

I have an order been in QC for just over 3 weeks now,,,,,,, maybe next week.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2021 11:41PM

@Batman23 said:
    I do not know the inner workings of the slabbing system. But If my coins were graded last month and they do not need any additional handling like attributions or photos then why have they not been slabbed, sealed and shipped? What is the big bottleneck in the system?

Hard to slab them when you are working remotely from home,,,,,,,, ;)

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@Batman23 said:
    I do not know the inner workings of the slabbing system. But If my coins were graded last month and they do not need any additional handling like attributions or photos then why have they not been slabbed, sealed and shipped? What is the big bottleneck in the system?

Hard to slab them when you are working remotely from home,,,,,,,, ;)

Hmm... so they are grading by skype >:)

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 9 coin order has been in QA for about two weeks, I'm being patient. Order received 9/20/2021.

• Options

I have to laugh. The Mods get all shook up about a very minor naughty word I used in this thread but apparently don't think it was deserved.

Oh, the ironing.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im on easy three weeks plus in QA on one right now

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree - ironing is the worst part of doing laundry.

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    I have to laugh. The Mods get all shook up about a very minor naughty word I used in this thread but apparently don't think it was deserved.

Oh, the ironing.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

It's been a long time in QA.
    What's all this checking About?
    I'll take them anyway they come back. If the MS65 was mistakenly given an MS66 that's ok I'll take it!

• Options
    edited November 29, 2021 4:22PM

And on the 93rd business day since submission, the order is now in ENCAPSULATION and TRUEVIEW imaging! I was pleasantly shocked after 60-some business days of checking.

Things are moving along smoothly. Got to go back to my order page and soak this all in.

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just today 11/29 got grades posted for my 9/2 regular submission of 13 coins.
    So its close to 90 days.

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options

@joebb21 said:
    So its close to 90 days.

That's 58 business days.

• Options

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2021 6:10PM

I have two world orders that have been sitting in QA for two weeks now. They aren't quite as old as some of those in this thread though. It doesn't give me hope for getting grades soon.

Was there a surge of 2021 Morgans that has backed them up?

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@joebb21 said:
    So its close to 90 days.

That's 58 business days.

and only 13 Mondays

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joebb21 said:

@Barberian said:

@joebb21 said:
    So its close to 90 days.

That's 58 business days.

and only 13 Mondays

Lucky 13. Hopefully the grades were what you were expecting.

• Options

• Options

Are they going to make a platinum box for those orders over 3 months? :D

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2021 10:57PM

6 weeks in quality check ? Geeeeze. I called PCGS today. Was put in queue as tenth caller for a callback. No callback. Sent 172 in when my membership renewed in July. My membership might expire before I get any word.

Edit to add : grades are finally in (12-10-21). Coins submitted 7/27/21. PCGS acknowledged receipt on 9-23-21.

What's worth having is worth waiting for.
    In their defense, it was a bulk submission.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file