Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Numerous SCAM attempts ....... BST ....... Still active as of 9/1 .......

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 1, 2021 8:54PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I have a recurring post on the BST looking for a 2016 FUN Luncheon slab, Kennedy 50c with a P mintmark.

Received a tip from a "member" telling me "Teddy" has one for sale.

I ask for a picture, which was provided.

For some reason, it looked very familiar, so I checked the picture from my PCGS Luncheon thread. :D

Edited to add the PM I received and to update the date.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a similar PM

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Teddy, why are you messing with my emotions ? I got it too saying they could help me with my current WTB on the BST
    :'(

It's all about what the people want...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heads up everyone... Scammer afoot.....Thanks for the warning. Cheers, RickO

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those kinds of "a friend has one" comments are 110% pure unadulterated scam.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only minor because they didn’t get away with anything

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the member advocating for 🐻

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I called it minor since the attempt was only $150.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

JK - Funny in that it's the wrong date and MM anyway ..... :D

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too got a PM telling me that Teddy has an item I had posted that I WTB on BST. I was given an email address to contact Teddy. I just had a gut feeling that something was amiss. I replied to the PM that I'd check it out. But I had no intention of going any further.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a similar Email.

• CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the same email stating he had multiple gold CAC approved Seated dollars for sale 😂

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

tsk, tsk, what a shame. with that seller i dont need a friend, jmo

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how all of the Kennedy 50C's in PCGS Luncheon slabs have the lighting issues... ;-)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I received that PM to

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too. Glad I read this thread!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell Teddy to send you the coins first and then you'll pay him. That will get rid of him real fast. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting to hear that there was a scammer on the boards :#

• vinceuhervinceuher Posts: 10 ✭✭

Unbelievable. :s

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this scam was reported on the BST a few months ago with different names.

I hope the Mods were brought in.

Was this the same guy that burned Luke Marshall?

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Thomas Webb, aka Big Webb

It's all about what the people want...

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's one in every crowd.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone report this person to the mods as of yet?"

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:

@Mgarmy said:

Could that be the return of BigD5 ?

• Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the same PM directing me to Teddy - thanks for the heads up.

• radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

This is his name: AZEEM Khair

Yes, reported it. :+1:

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is Teddy's email address: teddyowens0@gmail.com

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:

@Mgarmy said:

How did he scam you? I've sold to him before.

He scammed Luke as I remember

edited July 30, 2021 5:29PM

So happy coin karma visited you Luke!

• Dug13Dug13 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

I too got a PM telling me that Teddy has an item I had posted that I WTB on BST. I was given an email address to contact Teddy..........Red flags everywhere...... WARNING, DANGER WILL ROBINSON - STAY AWAY!

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• blaircountycoinblaircountycoin Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

I have a thread on BST about needing better grade Jefferson nickels. A forum member sent me a PM saying his friend Teddy has some. Stupid me sent an e-mail to him. Did not hear back. How does a forum member get away with that? By the way I am still looking for some.

The forum member pushing teddy needs to be shunned

• VetterVetter Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the 3rd time I’ve seen/heard of this scam on the BST. The first 2 times I had WTB posts up. Same MO. Luckily I check on the photos I was sent and found they were from past major auctions and no way could the seller have them. I post last time it happened and it was also posted the 1st time I saw it. The person who messages you with the name of the person who has the coin will have 0 posts. Please beware and do a little homework before sending money to someone not on the forum.

Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 7:18PM

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO
    If you don't have the coin in hand, you should not be allowed to post it on BST.
    If you do, then you should be banned.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I think this scam was reported on the BST a few months ago with different names.

I hope the Mods were brought in.

Yep; as @Vetter mentioned, this has happened a few times before. It's the same strategy with different emails.
    Always be careful and do some research (especially if it involves someone you don't know on the forums).