Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Numerous SCAM attempts ....... BST ....... Still active as of 9/1 .......

124»

Comments

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RayB said:
    Well I wish I had seen this early :'( I hang my head in shame for falling for it. On 8/1/21, He told me he had the Johnson Rev PR I was looking for. Sent me a picture of the one he claimed he had. It started smelling bad about half way through but the money had already been sent.

Don't feel bad. He scammed me a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately I paid by PayPal but NOT by Friends and Family which allowed me to file a claim with PayPal and they reimbursed me.

I too was very embarrassed but PayPal told me this happens to others so don't feel bad.

The good news is the Moderators are aware of this person and if he isn't banned yet he will be soon!

• Options
    RayBRayB Posts: 15 ✭✭

no, he is getting smarter. The deal was either apple pay and bank zelle . I did bank zelle

• Options

this is how it started

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well familiar with the start

On the bst, vet the other side, if new take precautions, or don’t do the deal

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RayB said:
    no, he is getting smarter. The deal was either apple pay and bank zelle . I did bank zelle

Call your bank ASAP. They may be able to do a claw back. Good luck.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the @JM33 account has been banned, now. Thank you, Moderation Team.

Y’all be vigilant and watch for his return under a different name. Read all the threads so you’ll recognize his MO if and when he comes back and tries again.

I’m glad to have dodged a bullet thanks to other folks posting about his attempts before he tried me.

In any event, my wantlist item was esoteric enough that it would have taken him a bit of work to find pictures of the coin I want, to tempt me with. I definitely would have required good pix up front, and if he’d grabbed those from somewhere else online I might have recognized them.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

He lifted pics from EBay when he tried to scam me. Fortunately I recognized the picture since there was only one available EBay and I had already seen it.

• Options
    californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I am an idiot I got scammed and it cost a bit not horrible I am smarter than this. UGH

Barry

• Options

omg. he is trying it again!! for the want post!!.
    I may have to string it along just for fun. Wonder if he will sent the same picture of the coin he does not have?
    Different name but same MO

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has been reported to the Moderator........😎

• Options

this guy continues to pop up and scam us. Only been 5 months since the last attempt.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

@californiacards3 said:
    I am an idiot I got scammed and it cost a bit not horrible I am smarter than this. UGH

Barry

I feel for you. I really do. This kinda stuff is getting ridiculous and it's everywhere.

I collect coins, metal detect, and new hobby; shooting trap and skeet ATA etc. I got to the cusp of being scammed buying ammo 12 gauge shot shells for shooting sports. Scammers are everywhere. Big tip off? ? ? Zelle pay cash apps even ff paypal

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful - surprised the MO hasn't changed!

Thanks for keeping the thread up to date with your experiences. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.