Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show us your Bust Coinage

Comments

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took a couple of pictures last weekend of some of Mrs_Spuds great grandparents coin collection that we ended up with. This one is perfect for bringing this thread from page 2 back to the top 🌞

Mr_Spud

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKbustchaser mmmm, that looks like a beauty! I could go for one like that!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drddm said:
    Another bust half from my favorite year. This one is Ex. Hamilton and was once in a old fatty NGC 55 holder with a gold CAC sticker. It now resides in a PCGS 63 CAC holder :o

Dave

Wow!
    what an upgrade!
    Congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drddm said:
    One of my favorite overdates!

Dave

Unbelievable

BHNC #248 … 121 and counting.

• Options

I purchased this one on Saturday 🌞

Mr_Spud

• Options

Mr_Spud

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 3:37PM

My only pickup from the ANA which I attended yesterday. :) I'm thinking it may be a B-3 or a B-4. Not too sure if someone can help. Nice original coin which I got at a great price. Could work on the pictures TBH.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've hit the like button so many times I need a break. Geez, what a thread!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful pieces... it occurred to me, other than coin collecting and sculpture "show us your bust" could get you slapped! ;-)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was either here or in the ebay is like a bad coinshow thread 😂

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooh I just bought a bust half on ebay, so I can play along also:

PCGS VF30... but 'good for the grade', do you agree?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    My only pickup from the ANA which I attended yesterday. :) I'm thinking it may be a B-3 or a B-4. Not too sure if someone can help. Nice original coin which I got at a great price. Could work on the pictures TBH.

It’s B-4. For me, the easiest way to differentiate B-3 from B-4 is to compare the position of “25 C.” relative to the arrow feathers and the tip of the branch. Nice pickup!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NSP said:

@Kliao said:

It’s B-4. For me, the easiest way to differentiate B-3 from B-4 is to compare the position of “25 C.” relative to the arrow feathers and the tip of the branch. Nice pickup!

Thanks! It took me 15 minutes yesterday but I was able to figure out the die pair with a bunch of cracks on the reverse. Nice to have a conformation and an easier way to telling them apart :) .

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing newps, Lance!
    My favorites are the 1808, 1817 (such a tough die marriage in AU), and the 1824 (incredible eye appeal and very hard in MS)!
    Your 1808 looks undergraded to me and very deserving of an AU58.

And your two rarities are crazy tough to find in straight graded holders….awesome coins!
    Did the 1829 O.118 recently go up to 5+?
    Love their look too….very wholesome and original.

Congrats!

Dave

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    And two rarities at modest grades.

1827 O.137 VF35 CAC R6-
    1829 O.118' XF45 R5+

GRRRRRRR.

LOL. Love it.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 14/3 is just amazing, Dave. Nice upgrade! Pictures don't do it justice. Your collection is wonderful.

Re your question...no, the 29-118 is still an R5. The prime die state (without A2 filled) is probably a 5+.
    Lance.

• Options

@lkeigwin said:
    That 14/3 is just amazing, Dave. Nice upgrade! Pictures don't do it justice. Your collection is wonderful.

Re your question...no, the 29-118 is still an R5. The prime die state (without A2 filled) is probably a 5+.
    Lance.

Thanks, Lance!
    Ok, didn’t know about the 29-118 prime die state being an R5+….good to know.

Dave

• Options

It was great to finally meet you, Todd. Beautiful newps you got there!
    Love the 1814 O.107…. a tough coin for sure in AU. I may have to coax that one out of your hands one day ;)

Congrats!
    Dave

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only bust addition from the show.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file