Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show us your Bust Coinage

Comments

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

@Eldorado9 said:
    Amazing examples above! Makes me realize how much I love bust coinage. The 1828 below, I sold a while back, which I am now kicking myself. The 1826 is my only Bust half, and I love the color of that coin...In hand it really is beautiful.

That 1828 is just lovely. Wonderful half. I'm not sure I could have sold it.
    Lance.

I was an idiot to sell. To make things worse, it was eventually upgraded a full point to MS-66. I bought and sold it as an MS-65. Live and learn. I remember staring at it....It was perfect.

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outrageously awesome coin! PF-66CAM Pop1/0 In hand it must glow like the sun. Beautiful.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Some very nice pieces shown above by all. I have a couple of silver pieces.

Donato

Sorry for my stupidity, but

What is that sticker on the left piece?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:

Outrageously awesome coin! PF-66CAM Pop1/0 In hand it must glow like the sun. Beautiful.

Haha yes it does and thank you!
    And It is a Norweb coin- I love to maintain the old pedigrees!

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Bower's 1987 book "The Norweb Collection" She's a certifiable rockstar!

>

That’s very cool I didn’t realize it was in there!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:

@divecchia said:
    Some very nice pieces shown above by all. I have a couple of silver pieces.

Donato

Sorry for my stupidity, but

What is that sticker on the left piece?

@Treashunt

The coin has been certified a "Sight White" coin by sightwhite.com/

I've never submitted a coin for "Sight White" certification, but I'm guessing it is similar to blast white as the coin looks blast white to me in hand.

Hope that helps. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBN said:
    I do so enjoy this series. Some of the pieces from my collection:

....and a lovely untoned example:

I really love the untoned example. I would be real proud to have that in my collection.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 9:43PM

Don't normally reply to myself, but I never noticed before that the TrueView for that 1827-134 doesn't have the normal PCGS background and serial number as other TV's I've seen. Is that unusual?

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKbustchaser said:
    Don't normally reply to myself, but I never noticed before that the TrueView for that 1827-134 doesn't have the normal PCGS background and serial number as other TV's I've seen. Is that unusual?

I have one like that where I submitted a coin back when they were just starting to offer Trueviews. I didn’t get a TrueView but they used my coin in CoinFacts and the image looks like that. It’s a TrueView quality image. I also have some that are lower quality scans that show up in my registry sets that I found out were done for a short period right before Trueviews that are in the same format but lower quality. They are annoying because you can’t get rid of them in the Registry sets galleries without contacting PCGS.

Mr_Spud

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file