Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• oilers99oilers99 Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    @oilers99 At this point, I fear what you're going to get - hopefully it is not someone else's return!

That's a real possibility although I'll hold out hope that they send me fresh coins from whatever small amount they have in inventory and didn't sell.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure is a long time mess sorry 🤨

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oilers99 said:

@oilers99 said:
    Another Mint email update today:

We apologize for the continued delay you are experiencing with receiving your item(s). In order to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, we will process a replacement order for you by Friday, 11/26/2021. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with new tracking information once your replacement order has shipped. Thank you for your patience as we sought resolution to this issue.

Hope springs eternal...

True to their word, the Mint sent me a replacement CC and O Morgan and they arrived last week. The original Oct 25 shipment disappeared into the Twilight Zone. Both Morgans look pretty clean with no visible blemishes.

I really hope they learned the value of valid and timely tracking info

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I sent 10 O Morgans to NGC for grading and got (6) 69's and (4) 70's. Disappointing but not unexpected

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2021 4:13PM

[[True to their word, the Mint sent me a replacement CC and O Morgan and they arrived last week. The original Oct 25 shipment disappeared into the Twilight Zone. Both Morgans look pretty clean with no visible blemishes.]]

Well...I had the EXACT SAME order situation...same day, same everything...missing CC & O Morgans...unfortunately my useless customer service droid at the Mint just swore up and down that replacing these coins is not an option...and that all she could do was to issue a certificate of non-receipt and that I would need to wait 4-6 weeks for a credit card refund.

So again...depending on which idiot you speak to definitely impacts the outcome of your case.

Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Dang sorry. 🤨

I even said "My friend..." so I lied bit "...was offered replacement coins."

And she kept insisting..."No...no...no...those are no longer available...that's impossible!"

So maybe tomorrow I'll call and scream at a supervisory idiot!

• MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

None of these have ever appeared during the normal coffee club hours, have they?

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got some Morgan’s graded but PCGS did not put the FS designation on the labels per the submission form. Should I send them back for the correct label? Seems it will take several weeks at best plus shipping both ways…. It’s a mess

No. Nothing yet.

• Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

..> @jessewvu said:

I got some Morgan’s graded but PCGS did not put the FS designation on the labels per the submission form. Should I send them back for the correct label? Seems it will take several weeks at best plus shipping both ways…. It’s a mess

Were you charged for FS? Had you filled out the submission form for FS?

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't charged for FS but it was on the submission form twice (box checked and written). I spent a pretty penny on express mail to/from to have them come back without it... bummer

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

@jessewvu said:
    I wasn't charged for FS but it was on the submission form twice (box checked and written). I spent a pretty penny on express mail to/from to have them come back without it... bummer

I am sorry that this happened to you.

If you decide to return them to PCGS, please let us know how it goes.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2021 6:01PM

@jessewvu said:

I recently cleaned out one of my closets and took many sealed boxes to Baltimore. I decided to try the online submission forms. All I had to do was enter the coin number, the form autopopulated the coin date, designation, first strike, oversized holder etc and indicated the cost of each. The submission form was auto generated.

I still spent more than an hour at the submission table as he verified, then opened each box, removed the coins and envoices. verified the envoice dates against first strike cut-off or set designation. He then made a verification comment and initialed each envoice, made a copy of each and attached them to the submission forms.

A week later I noticed on order was flagged, "please call customer service". I was told that they flagged the submission, because they needed to verify that I wanted first strike designation. I was/am greatful that they flagged it, but The single coin submission had a first strike coin number, populated with first strike designation, first strike box was checked, first strike fee was applied. I asked what more more did they need, why was it flagged? Customer service could not explain it, they were just processing the issue from receiving.

Clearly an OOPS, and I appreciated the attempt to resolve it before grading. Unless you had express or walk through service, your submission form date should be able to verify first strike eligibility (before 18 November). I would call custmer service and seek their guidance. They retain their copy of the original submission form. To their credit they patiently listened to my explaination and resolved the issue.

(l8-)>>

• oilers99oilers99 Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:

And she kept insisting..."No...no...no...those are no longer available...that's impossible!"

Any favorable updates from the Mint? Hoping they send you your missing order.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2021 6:41PM

looks like the Mint has something to say about bot users as the O and CC morgans sales are now cut back to the 165,000 range. Don't buy from bot users since they think it is ok to scan scam a seller to get what they want to sell it is likely they probably would not think twice about scamming you.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    edited December 10, 2021 6:54PM

@HATTRICK said:
    looks like the Mint has something to say about bot users as the O and CC morgans sales are now cut back to the 165,000 range. Don't buy from bot users since they think it is ok to scan scam a seller to get what they want to sell it is likely they probably would not think twice about scamming you.

That’ 165,000 is sold so far.
    Don’t you think they will pump out the other CC & O 175,000 The peace dollar is showing 194,000+.
    Seems one of a couple things will happen. 1. We are done and there will not be a final release or 2. It’s going to get crazy with a final release.
    They got pissy about the basketball coins and put up the sold out sign, quick. We’ll see 😉

I’d put the rest on sale with the HHL on

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

look for a surprise release on Christmas Eve

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

But you don't run the Mint. They will hold them for 2 years and auction them to the select group of dealers like they did with the proof eagles from 2016, 2017 and 2018.

edited December 10, 2021 7:33PM

@djm said:

@MsMorrisine said:

But you don't run the Mint. They will hold them for 2 years and auction them to the select group of dealers like they did with the proof eagles from 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Oh my. You may be spot on 🤔

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

1. How do you know this has anything to do with bots?
    2. How would you know who a "bot user" is?

@djm said:

@MsMorrisine said:

pitchforks and torches!

@MsMorrisine said:

best I could find

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

best I could find

They've been dropping since issue. All 5 of them have been dropping. The D and S are down to 168,000.

Cancellations and returns, I would guess.

edited December 16, 2021 4:14PM

@RichR said:

Any favorable updates from the Mint? Hoping they send you your missing order.

Nope...no satisfaction at all! My CCs and Os...just gone...poof.

USPS tracking shows that they never left the possession of the Mint..."Awaiting receipt of item"...you like that?

Totally the fault of the Mint...and we know they have inventory on hand...but they won't fix their own screwup!

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@HATTRICK said:

That’ 165,000 is sold so far.
    Don’t you think they will pump out the other CC & O 175,000 The peace dollar is showing 194,000+.
    Seems one of a couple things will happen. 1. We are done and there will not be a final release or 2. It’s going to get crazy with a final release.
    They got pissy about the basketball coins and put up the sold out sign, quick. We’ll see 😉

Assuming those are returns that were scrapped, I doubt the mint will fire up the presses to strike a few thousand more coins. They have other things to do.

If the coins are on hand, they'll sell them. If not, they won't strike more.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

The planchets used for these offerings were unique in size/composition. The mint procured only enough planchets to meet the original mintage targets. There are not likely any more of these planchets to strike any more of these particular offerings.

And yes...they have likely moved on.

Also consider that of the balance between the current sales figures and the original mintage targets, some of those "unsold" may not be in a condition that can be made available for sale again.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Through 12/11/2021, the following are populations reported online by both PCGS and NGC - total graded and percent 70s:

1) The percent graded 70 may be somewhat skewed by early bulk submissions that may have had a minimum grade of 70 attached.
    2) The total number graded for each issue relative to each other may also be skewed by early bulk submissions that may have had a minimum grade of 70 attached.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Household limits are back on for the Morgan and Peace Dollars...

• HH limit at 3 for all Morgans.
    I'd guess that means they will be available for sale one of these days

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2021 5:34AM

Does that mean 3 more ? Only coins I would buy are CC & Peace

Woah up there partners. HHL 3 is not new, is it ? I check every day, everything and 2-coin reverse proof is up. But nothing has changed with the Morgan’s.

• @Jzyskowski1 said:
    Woah up there partners. HHL 3 is not new, is it ? I check every day, everything and 2-coin reverse proof is up. But nothing has changed with the Morgan’s.

It is new.
    The HH limit had not been there for months.
    (Nor did it become available for sale, so it was a moot point).

That changed sometime between Friday morning and this morning.

I scan quickly so I’ll go with your observation . I just don’t have a clear memory of checking all the HHL’s so we may very well be about to see some movement. Checking as often as I do I have noticed that Sunday morning has opened up some very tough items. Perhaps is now signaling movement. They’ve got proofs, uncirculated sets, Morgan’s and Peace Dollar. Be fun to watch. I wonder if the stinkers are gunna put the remaining items on backorder 😂. We shall see 👍🏼

If like the 2 coin silver set, the HHL will apply to purchases you already made. If you already purchased three you are done.

Got capticha cha cha. Not a thing today 😉

Not today. 🙀

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Not today. 🙀

Wrong!!! The sloppy seconds went on sale at 2:00PM EST.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are mostly gone now

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

GONE !!!

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m good hopefully any one that didn’t get them can or will.

Hoard the keys.
    edited December 14, 2021 1:30PM

How the heck did they decide 2pm est? 🤔
    Oh, what’s this. An email notification from the mint less than 1 minute after surprise release. I am in shock. I actually could have answered it ordered in time. 🤨

If like the 2 coin silver set, the HHL will apply to purchases you already made. If you already purchased three you are done.

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    How the heck did they decide 2pm est? 🤔

It's the mint. Remember that box of chocolates thing.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm miffed. I didn't get the reminder email about more CCs being available until TODAY.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Showing shipped. Any chance they'll go on sale again today at 2

Didn’t see any come up 😉

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file