Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rare plastic for the weekend - any service, samples - what have you got????

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is fun. Don’t recall when but judging by the heavy “sell” advertising, someone probably over paid.Found it in the yard sale “keepers “ locker and it’s kinda cool

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    It's the real deal - posted 2 of them in the Compugrade thread, purchased both earlier this year. Here's the other. They walked into a dealers shop with 4 Morgans, also Compugrade - was able to make a deal to acquire both.

Nice! Can you tell any difference between what they called a 63.5 and the 63.6? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just arrived in today's mail from an internet purchase. Part of the never ending OOB collection:

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kove - BIG difference between 63.5 and 63.6, especially the luster ....... :D

Never have seen OBCS - any idea what year that was slabbed??

The ANACS slab is earlier than I've seen - like a title you sign off when you sell the coin - interesting! Didn't take them long to flip it!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:

Never have seen OBCS - any idea what year that was slabbed??

I have a number of website resources for obscure Third Party Grading services and not a single one lists OBCS. I'm not sure they even operated a full year or even a full month but this just increased the intrigue.

Tim

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@radioman that one is new to me, can we steal the photo?

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

@radioman that one is new to me, can we steal the photo?
    Sure

• Options

Thanks for the info, @BStrauss3. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it but my OOB collection has very rustic home as well:

Here is my updated list, pending a couple of new purchases today:

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2021 6:24PM
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1885 of course.

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:

Another Hallmark

Always show the reverse no matter the service.

• Options

Couple of semi-rare pick-ups from the Sacramento Coin Show this morining:

• Options

Nice - I've usually been impressed with those old ANACS slabs! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

In my collection which includes a bunch of doily's, NGC 2.0, 2.1 and 3.0's and even a PCGS Regency, this might be my rarest holder. It's an ANACS Gen 3 (old soapbox, no bar-code with a six digit numerical cert). Less than 100 known to exist. Thanks to a fellow forum member for a great deal:

• Options

Here’s another for your file BStrauss3

• Options

I forgot about this one

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Here’s another for your file BStrauss3

Please, NO.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

@BStrauss3 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Here’s another for your file BStrauss3 no

Please, NO.

Those popped open during shipping. All 10 of them 😂

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is another state quarter ...

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sold this one on the BST:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few from the back of the vault

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perforated label, no barcode, and an interesting serial number:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

2 fairly common and 1 rare Compugrade sample. Was really surprised to see the rare one be offered - can you tell which is which??

• Options
    edited September 17, 2021 3:33PM

@Lakesammman said:
    2 fairly common and 1 rare Compugrade sample. Was really surprised to see the rare one be offered - can you tell which is which??

If I were a betting man, I would say the 69-D. :)

Seriously, if it is date related, I'd say the '67 is the rare one and if it is holder related, I'd say holder missing the L00 is the rarer one. The other question I have is, which one do you want to sell?

Tim

• Options

Picked up another over-graded oddball holder at the San Jose Coin Expo this morning.

Latest old holder inventory list:

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hallmark from Q. David Bowers

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

This may not seem very rare at first glance, but according to the research provided in Conder101's book this slab is NGC6 which is a transitional slab. This was the first of the keyed slabs from NGC but with the gen5 reverse hologram, Conder101 did not give an exact date of service but thinks it was in use during 1996.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 3:51PM

1964 Lable w/ 1962-D Dime...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file