Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rare plastic for the weekend - any service, samples - what have you got????

Comments

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still hunting for an NGC 1.0 and a 108 white label rattler. Unfortunately, I have never actually seen either one in person and they have both probably surpassed my budget.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2022 3:20PM

This one is on ebay, $20 Liberty in PCGS Unc holder, no numerical grade, not a problem coin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185480842016?hash=item2b2f850b20:g:e5gAAOSw5qViukkI

Also, what generation NGC holder is this?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bob48 said:
    Here is a new purchase form the Long Beach show.

Nice pick-up, @bob48. Would make a nice sibling for my old Accugrade holders:

Tim

• Options

@logger7 said:
    This one is on ebay, $20 Liberty in PCGS Unc holder, no numerical grade, not a problem coin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185480842016?hash=item2b2f850b20:g:e5gAAOSw5qViukkI

Also, what generation NGC holder is this?

@logger7 That looks like an NGC Gen. 4 holder. I can't say 100% without seeing the back of the slab, but based on the high cert. number I assume the back has a hologram. If so, then it is a Gen 4.

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

@UpGrayedd said:
    I'm still hunting for an NGC 1.0 and a 108 white label rattler. Unfortunately, I have never actually seen either one in person and they have both probably surpassed my budget.

This display case was at the Long Beach Expo in February. NGC 1.0's, PCGS 1.0 and 1.1's. Not sure if this dealer is at the Long Beach show this weekend but definitely was the highlight of my show:

Tim

That's pretty awesome, thanks for sharing.

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 454 ✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

Nice pick-up, @bob48. Would make a nice sibling for my old Accugrade holders:

Tim

Tim
    I have 56 small AGC slabs 7 photo slabs and one ACCURADE CERTIFICATE (signed by Alan Hager

All blue labels
    Small slabs include:
    1 San Francisco, CA (Pictured above)
    4 Des Moines, IA
    3 Long Beach, CA
    3 PO Box 4304 Greenwich, CT
    1 ACCUGRADE WEST
    5 ACCUGRADE CONNECTICUT
    and the rest are variants of ACCUGRADE SINCE 1984

Your HUXLEY IA would be a nice addition to my family.

Picture will follow.

Bob

• Options

Touché Bob. I can’t hold a candle to your collection. Very impressive!

I picked up the Huxley at the Long Beach Expo in February ironically enough.

If you’re interested in acquiring it, please PM me as it looks like you have the extended family of blue label Accugrade’s.

Tim

• Options

Here is a NCI Slab, Photo Cert and Book

Bob

• Options

Here is my ACG Florida slab.

Bob

• Options

And then here are my ACG Photo slabs;

Bob

• Options

@bob48 said:
    Here is a NCI Slab, Photo Cert and Book

I like your NCI collection. I have the book, and I have a NCI photo cert. with the coin in a flip. I also have a NCI slab without the photo cert., but I can never seem to find a matching NCI slab and photo cert together. Atleast not one that is reasonably priced.

• Options

@bob48 said:
    Here is my family of ACCUGRADE Holders:

Nice set, Bob. I think I'll keep my little set in the safe after seeing your large collection.

Tim

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted my 1st two boxes of ACG on IG... it's still TECHNICALLY the weekend, so

These are my stacks of the two basic forms of the common "SINCE 1984" production slab.

I finished going through the easily accessible one and have 7 slab boxes (not 100% - need to leave room for growth)

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:
    I have seen a Blanchard slab, and I have seen a Redfield in a Paramount slab, but I don't think I have seen a Redfield in a Blanchard slab posted yet.

Did you buy that off me on eBay? lol I def sold one.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:

@UpGrayedd said:
    I have seen a Blanchard slab, and I have seen a Redfield in a Paramount slab, but I don't think I have seen a Redfield in a Blanchard slab posted yet.

I don't know. I bought this off ebay several years ago, but I'm not sure from whom. There was one sold on ebay a few months or so ago, but I wasn't the buyer. I put in a bid in case it went too cheap, but it ended up going for more than I was willing to spend on a duplicate.

• Options

@BStrauss3 said:
    I posted my 1st two boxes of ACG on IG... it's still TECHNICALLY the weekend, so

These are my stacks of the two basic forms of the common "SINCE 1984" production slab.

I finished going through the easily accessible one and have 7 slab boxes (not 100% - need to leave room for growth)

Great pictures, Burton. Can’t wait to see the text of the collection.

Tim

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UpGrayedd said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@UpGrayedd said:

I don't know. I bought this off ebay several years ago, but I'm not sure from whom. There was one sold on ebay a few months or so ago, but I wasn't the buyer. I put in a bid in case it went too cheap, but it ended up going for more than I was willing to spend on a duplicate.

Yeah, the one sold a few months ago was mine. Never seen another, neat.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    Great pictures, Burton. Can’t wait to see the text of the collection.

Tim

New "scanner". I'm air quoting it because it's actually a camera on a pole. I bought it via Indiegogo. There is still some availability there.

https://www.czur.com/product/et24pro

So far so good, although their software sucks. It's like they've never used any other windows app and they just invented their own metaphors. You can't tab between entry boxes... WFT

But it does a great job scanning paper... just slap it down on the black mat, press the button and it takes an image and auto crops & straightens. I haven't begun to exercise the machine.

Next think to try is putting a few slabs on the mat, pressing the button and then using their breakup image function.

-----Burton
  • Options

@UpGrayedd said:

There is a different coin for sale on fleaBay right now. He wants $400 for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265750344622

-----Burton
  • Options

@BStrauss3 said:

@UpGrayedd said:

There is a different coin for sale on fleaBay right now. He wants $400 for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265750344622

Yeah I saw that. If it sells for that I might have to let mine go.

• Options

I don't think I have seen a US Tangible Investment Corp. slab posted in this thread yet.

It appears to be the same shell used by WMP.

• Options

@UpGrayedd - nice find. I knew I had a USTI holder but it was a bit of an Easter Egg hunt to find it:

Tim

• Options

Thanks @pointfivezero, you've got a lot of other nice plastic in that picture. I especially like the PCGS Regency in the middle. Is that an ex Danny Kaye?

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

@UpGrayedd said:
    Thanks @pointfivezero, you've got a lot of other nice plastic in that picture. I especially like the PCGS Regency in the middle. Is that an ex Danny Kaye?

Thanks @UpGrayedd! It is a Danny Kaye in the Regency Holder. I consider the Danny Kaye's the Rodney Dangerfield of old holders. Here is my current collection:

Tim

Wow, that is truly impressive. I'm almost speechless.

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@pointfivezero said:

@UpGrayedd said:

Thanks @UpGrayedd! It is a Danny Kaye in the Regency Holder. I consider the Danny Kaye's the Rodney Dangerfield of old holders. Here is my current collection:

Tim

Wow, that is truly impressive. I'm almost speechless.

Thanks! Eight down, 355 to go.....

Tim

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive - I missed out on #364 of #363 a few years ago - should have lept at the chance!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:
    Very impressive - I missed out on #364 of #363 a few years ago - should have lept at the chance!

That would have been a cool item for sure! I do have #371 so apparently Danny found some more Lirot in his loose change after the original run of 363:

Tim

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:
    It's finally the weekend, at least for me. Similar to the GENI slab I posted earlier this isn't necessarily rare in other parts of the world, but you don't see them very often here in the U.S. It's such a unique/odd design I had to add one to my slab collection.

RNGA, is a Russian TPG (Please note: I purchased this long before the current war, and I am not trying to make any kind of political statement. I just think it's a cool slab).

Nice colorful holder. I have a Russian holder as well (NNR).

Just picked this set up in the last hour. Probably paid too much but I'm happy. The Photo Holder is a 1888-O MS65DMPL in an INS holder:

Tim

• Options
    edited July 29, 2022 7:51PM

@pointfivezero said:

@UpGrayedd said:
    It's finally the weekend, at least for me. Similar to the GENI slab I posted earlier this isn't necessarily rare in other parts of the world, but you don't see them very often here in the U.S. It's such a unique/odd design I had to add one to my slab collection.

RNGA, is a Russian TPG (Please note: I purchased this long before the current war, and I am not trying to make any kind of political statement. I just think it's a cool slab).

Nice colorful holder. I have a Russian holder as well (NNR).

Just picked this set up in the last hour. Probably paid too much but I'm happy. The Photo Holder is a 1888-O MS65DMPL in an INS holder:

Tim

Nice, I'm still on the lookout for an INS slab. You don't see them all that often, and the ones you do are all priced fairly strong. I've got my eye on one off the bay. It's not a Morgan, which might make it even more rare, but the asking price is about three times the actual coins value, and I haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger yet. However, I'm sure I will eventually unless someone beats me to it.

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

Nice, I'm still on the lookout for an INS slab. You don't see them all that often, and the ones you do are all priced fairly strong. I've got my eye on one off the bay. It's not a Morgan, which might make it even more rare, but the asking price is about three times the actual coins value, and I haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger yet. However, I'm sure I will eventually unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks @UpGrayedd. There is a Morgan INS on ebay now. It is been listed for quite some time. Maybe the seller would be open to an offer?

This just arrived today. Purchased from a fellow forum member. Not really sure what it is but I know I didn't have one:

Tim

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

@UpGrayedd said:

Thanks @UpGrayedd. There is a Morgan INS on ebay now. It is been listed for quite some time. Maybe the seller would be open to an offer?

This just arrived today. Purchased from a fellow forum member. Not really sure what it is but I know I didn't have one:

Tim

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen a NIC slab either. Hard to tell from the pics, but it almost looks like the insert is cardboard, but I assume it can't be since the coin still appears to be white.

• Options

I think this is the 20th PCCI slab in my collection, type 4...

-----Burton
  • Options

Love the old photo holders and the gold on black. Nice Saint, Burton!

Tim

• Options

@davewesen said:
    I haven't seen an A-Mark before .... guy in eBay calling it an ANACS

Thats a great find. Just wish the holder had a more affordable coin.

Tim

• Options

Nice @Lakesammman. That would make a great addition to my collection.

:)

Tim

• Options

@Lakesammman - dangling the forbidden fruit again? :(

Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file