Home U.S. Coin Forum

Rare plastic for the weekend - any service, samples - what have you got????

18910111214»

Comments

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knows?

The labels were not returned so the cert#s were not canceled. That's not the same as saying they're still in that plastic.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any other Saints in the PCGS 1.1 white label rattler?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oreville said:
    Has anyone seen any other Saints in the PCGS 1.1 white label rattler?

No, but I did see the one you posted earlier in the thread at Christopher's table in Long Beach on Thursday:

He was trying very hard to sell me the Iowa commem to the left of the Saint but I already have two with gold CAC's.

Tim

• JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another PCI grading company? It does not stack with my other PCI slabs, and aside from the clipped corners octagon case, it doesn't look like a PCI slab. Its overall look is somewhat similar to a Dominion slab, but it is identified as PCI, not Dominion, and the insert graphics and layout are different. Graded in February 2012 (?), the 38-D Jefferson inside is quite nice. Fun find.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

After DGS. Possibly with a very short-term intermediate (the trial transcript gives a sale date that doesn't exactly match up to DGS' shutdown date), PCI was bought and run as a fraudulent FPG. Using green labels so as to look like older PCI holders (the giveaway is that real green label PCI the box on the reverse is actually microprint "PCI PCI PCI" while the fakes are blobs.

(there are also retro green labels from pre DGS)

After the DGS shutdown the PCI name and intellectual property were sold (back to DLRC and then on to somebody else, or directly). Those people created the "railroad track/bullet train" label that you see above.

They first used a 2011.95 number and then the current 2012.02. Cert#s run up over 70K, and most of the recent ones are juiced (AT) Morgans. At the OKC show, I spoke to somebody who knows who owns the molds and is making the shells, although I haven't spoken with anyone directly.

I'm guessing the molds have had minor rework over the years.

-----Burton
  • JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @BStrauss3

When you say "current 2012.02" does that mean these are still being produced?

Rookie mistake - my slab DOES stack with PCI slabs when flipped over, Reverse to Obverse.

Regardless, the coin inside this slab is by far the nicest coin I have found in one of these backyard/garage/wannabe holders.

Thanks again.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

I see newer highest #s on fleaBay every few weeks. It's very likely they're juicing a few coins and selling them for absurd prices each week.

-----Burton
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2024 8:00PM

Chris Bryan and I were hoping CAC would be at Long Beach and I suggested he submit it to CAC there using my account. Found out too late that CAC/CACG was not at the show.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file