Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

June Purchases, Show them off!

NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never post a card using seller pics, but we need a June thread and it's Rickey! Appropriate scans will be posted when it is in hand. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

Edit 6/7/21: Card is in hand, scans are below!

Added to my 75-95 HOF Rookies Showcase: https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/showcase/album/13825

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need a few more days to “Show off my June purchases”. The snail mail needs to arrive here and also I need to make sure that I am the winning bidder/buyer.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I need a few more days to “Show off my June purchases”. The snail mail needs to arrive here and also I need to make sure that I am the winning bidder/buyer.

i got few more 83 topps in the mail can not wait to show them.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

Well if it comes to you wouldn't u be the winner ?!
    They don't send to the losing bidder.. Lol

• Options
    edited June 2, 2021 7:34PM

@lwehlers said:

@NGS428 said:
    I never post a card using seller pics, but we need a June thread and it's Rickey! Appropriate scans will be posted when it is in hand. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

great centering!

Thanks! Finding a 7 that is centered without numerous serious print defects (this one has 1) is a challenge. It took a long time. After you stare at these 80 Topps for a while they start to look like 84 Fleer Update. Either they are centered (rare) or they surely are not..

You find a centered 80 Topps and then the print defects make your eyes burn. Never failed…

• Options

@rexvos said:
    That is a super nice 7. If I graded it I would not be happy with the result.

For sure. That is why I like the other end, find one that someone cried over already. :) They make me smile.

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Won this for $3 n’ change in a Greg Morris Auction. PSA 9 pop: 5! Should have a legit shot at that! Great start to June!

Nice card, but the edge chip in the lower right will prevent that from getting a 9.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

And lower left corner. Any white showing kills 9 hopes. But nice '71 none-the-less and can't beat it for $3.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Hello All - picked up this Case back in December. 1981 was the year I first started collecting as a young buck.

That's a Gold Mine!

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    Not exactly a purchase. I guess I purchased the grades. But these just came back from PSA yesterday and I will be keeping them for the PC. The Morgan is too nice to sell in an 8 for me so they stay here.

Great cards. Always been fond of the 1976 Topps design (first cards I ever collected at age 10). How close are you to a completed set?

• Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    Not exactly a purchase. I guess I purchased the grades. But these just came back from PSA yesterday and I will be keeping them for the PC. The Morgan is too nice to sell in an 8 for me so they stay here.

That Elrod Hendricks is smokin'!!!

I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@76collector said:

Man those are gorgeous!!

• Options

@PNWcollector said:

Nice card, but the edge chip in the lower right will prevent that from getting a 9.

@gemint said:
    And lower left corner. Any white showing kills 9 hopes. But nice '71 none-the-less and can't beat it for $3.

I understand what you’re saying; I’ll try to get a better pic of it. For now we’ll have to agree to disagree, but thx! 😊.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

@76collector said:

Great cards. Always been fond of the 1976 Topps design (first cards I ever collected at age 10). How close are you to a completed set?

Thanks for the nice comments guys ! I have the set completed, multiples actually. But I only have 23 graded at the moment. I sent 80 in July and just got them back yesterday. Unfortunately I got a lot of 8's and lower. I'm selling them all off to pay for the grading fee's, but keeping the 2 gem's the morgan, and 20 PSA 9's. I will likely start buying sets again soon, combining, selling off, and grading. Basically is my MO. I like to keep searching for that perfect George Brett, instead of just buying one already graded.

Thanks,

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    The Ryan express passed by.

Great centering on the Nolan !

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan congratulations, that's a huge card!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Sharp Ryan 4

I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

in my growing pile to send to PSA.

also saw the proof version on ebay so grabbed it too to match. these old huge holders are ridiculous. going to send it in for a reholder.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan Nice pickup!

@dictoresno I feel your pain on the large slab. Of the 1100 or so Greg Maddux cards that I have, there is one that has that larger slab and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    @stwainfan Nice pickup!

@dictoresno I feel your pain on the large slab. Of the 1100 or so Greg Maddux cards that I have, there is one that has that larger slab and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

some of the other proofs are slabbed in oversized normal holders (with the mylar sleeves) instead of these graded pack slabs so ill just send them for reholdering.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@brad31 said:

Pretty cool on your 58 Tigers Big Bats.

• Options
    LefthanderLefthander Posts: 97 ✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Won this for $3 n’ change in a Greg Morris Auction. PSA 9 pop: 5! Should have a legit shot at that! Great start to June!

With all that white showing at the bottom edge and the chip in the lower right side edge, I believe this card will likely grade no better than PSA 7 and may even be a 6. If we see these things, certainly the graders will see them too... and perhaps more. Unfortunately I don't see any possible shot at a PSA 9 or even a PSA 8.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@brad31 said:

That one stood out to me as well.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lefthander said:

@Rofles said:

With all that white showing at the bottom edge and the chip in the lower right side edge, I believe this card will likely grade no better than PSA 7 and may even be a 6. If we see these things, certainly the graders will see them too... and perhaps more. Unfortunately I don't see any possible shot at a PSA 9 or even a PSA 8.

This one was among my final ‘71 sub...by that point I was so beaten down I was eternally grateful for an 8! 😂

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Picked up a very nice ‘78 Reggie Record Breaker....six down, one to go!

really nice 78 topps cards there.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

Great card. I also picked up a Kaline this month. A raw card I hope to grade some day.

Looks nice! Really a fan of the multi-player cards.

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭

A few more low pop goodies for my Red Sox PC.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

@Lefthander said:

@Rofles said:

This one was among my final ‘71 sub...by that point I was so beaten down I was eternally grateful for an 8! 😂

Yours gives me hope! I guess we shall see!