Home U.S. Coin Forum

****** Official 2021 One-tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set (21XK)****

123457»

Comments

• tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Worked that time I guess lol.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tahbb143 said:
    Did some microscope comparisons between T1 solo and T1 from the set and T2 solo and T2 from the set.

Not a lot of major differences, but below are the minor minor differences I spotted.

WOW !!!

That is a very detailed analysis.

Thank you for taking the time to compile it and post it. :)

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tahbb143 said:

@MetroD said:

@tahbb143 said:
    I have the individual t1 and t2 1/10s and my designer set is arriving tomorrow.

had planned on scoping to compare for variations

Please consider sharing your results. :)

I made a super long post with results, but it didn't post.

I got a message that said it would post after review or something like that.

it will never post

"approval" never comes to anyone.

it's best to copy and paste the text.

at least you will have an original copy in the clipboard

you can PM me if it still will not post and I will post it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

it will never post

"approval" never comes to anyone.

it's best to copy and paste the text.

at least you will have an original copy in the clipboard

you can PM me if it still will not post and I will post it.

Great advice for next time around.

This time, it worked when he tried to post it a second time. It is at the top of this page.

that line on the eagle's neck appears to be lint from the "velvet" fibers on the plastic trash that holds the coins

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice photos and analysis.

Are these taken with the coins in the capsules? Is there a chance the line in the T2 reverse might be something under the plastic?

• youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Superb pics that took more than a minute. Thanks for sharing, appreciate it

@MsMorrisine said:
    that line on the eagle's neck appears to be lint from the "velvet" fibers on the plastic trash that holds the coins

Oh no. I feel like an idiot.

Too much time staring at the scope. Lol.

I'll go back tomorrow and confirm, but you are probably right.

@Goldminers said:
    Nice photos and analysis.

Are these taken with the coins in the capsules? Is there a chance the line in the T2 reverse might be something under the plastic?

They are in the capsules and I think it is very likely that is fuzz.

Going back tomorrow to confirm.

When they used real velvet with actual clamshell cases, lint was less of a problem

Do not know if this is news, but it appears that the Mint changed the "Mintage Limit" on 21EE and 21EEN to account for 21XK.

Source
    T1: Individual (21EE) + 4-Coin Set (21EF) + Designer Set (21XK) =
    8,000 (Product Limit) + 8,200 (Product Limit) + 5,000 (Product Limit) = 21,200

Source
    T2: Individual (21EEN) + 4-Coin Set (21EFN) + Designer Set (21XK) =
    10,000 (Product Limit) + 10,250 (Product Limit) + 5,000 (Product Limit) = 25,250

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    Do not know if this is news, but it appears that the Mint changed the "Mintage Limit" on 21EE and 21EEN to account for 21XK.

Source
    T1: Individual (21EE) + 4-Coin Set (21EF) + Designer Set (21XK) =
    8,000 (Product Limit) + 8,200 (Product Limit) + 5,000 (Product Limit) = 21,200

Source
    T2: Individual (21EEN) + 4-Coin Set (21EFN) + Designer Set (21XK) =
    10,000 (Product Limit) + 10,250 (Product Limit) + 5,000 (Product Limit) = 25,250

They should add 100,000 to the limit just for fun. What good does it do to change the site after people have bought them.

My daughter sent in her very first submission (21XK) & just received grades of 70 with a signed certificate which she also had encapsulated. First though is hold on to it. I personally like the badass eagle on the type 2. She asked me what its worth now??? Kids, erghhhhh

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@younique said:
    My daughter sent in her very first submission (21XK) & just received grades of 70 with a signed certificate which she also had encapsulated. First though is hold on to it. I personally like the badass eagle on the type 2. She asked me what its worth now??? Kids, erghhhhh

She could sell the 70 with the useless (IMO) COA & buy a nice looking 69.

She’d probably cut her costs in 1/2 & still have a nice coin.

Your kid might be ahead of you in their thinking!

BST references available on request

edited November 8, 2021 11:54PM

As the world turns, she's holding on to the only 70 set with hand signed coa graded by host. Personally not a collector of paper however, might be interesting one day if she decides to sell. One other set on the bay now with a 70 & 69 and hand signed coa asking $3500 at last glance. More NGC's recently.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2021 1:57PM

What a difference in slab appearance for this set! Not a tough decision for me:

Us:

Them:

Thank you RedSeals for the photo of the winner!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an actual selling price of a PCGS 70/70 set with hand signed COA?
    I found this one but it is a best offer accepted price and you can't see the actual sale price.

GrandAm :)

Appears only 5 PCGS slabbed certificates on pop report to date #814094. I sent in 4 of them, all 4 sets graded 70 and had slabbed coa's, but only one had a signed coa. A set graded 69/70 was on ebay with a signed, slabbed coa at $3,500 and relisted for $3,700 a while ago. If the pop is correct there is only one as of today.

edited November 22, 2021 6:59PM

@younique said:
    Appears only 5 PCGS slabbed certificates on pop report to date #814094. I sent in 4 of them, all 4 sets graded 70 and had slabbed coa's, but only one had a signed coa. A set graded 69/70 was on ebay with a signed, slabbed coa at $3,500 and relisted for $3,700 a while ago. If the pop is correct there is only one as of today.

Why do they show as graded MS70? Is that just a default?

There will be (2) more certs in the POP Report shortly as I have (2) sets that have been in Quality Check for 2 1/2 weeks. I had another submission went in to QC and was only there 3 days,,,,,, not sure why it is taking so long?

edited November 22, 2021 7:06PM

@GRANDAM said:

Why do they show as graded MS70? Is that just a default?

There will be (2) more certs in the POP Report shortly as I have (2) sets that have been in Quality Check for 2 1/2 weeks. I had another submission went in to QC and was only there 3 days,,,,,, not sure why it is taking so long?>

Not sure, unless showing only as 70 due to not being an actual coin. Or possibly only showing how many coa's they slabbed regardless of coin grades.

Good question. I'll be interested to know how your sets do.

edited November 22, 2021 7:08PM

Best of luck! Coa's showing as coin #, not cert #. Don't think since ungradable they would show 70's vs 69's, so assuming its total slabbed coa's

Maybe someone with more expertise on the subject of slabbed paper could shed some light.

I only slabbed the COA's on the small chance of getting a signed COA. :#

Slabbing paper is not in my wheelhouse and have never done it until now so, have to put a shout out to Goldminers for great advice with this submission. Hoping you asked host only to slab in dual holder if coins graded the same. PCGS is great about detail !

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent mine in with the reverse proof silver set. All sets in a single submission have to have the COA slabbed or not slabbed. So I opted for not slabbed. I am expecting mine won't be a signed copy anyway. Still waiting on the grades. Time will tell...

This set sure doesn't seem to be getting much love. A set on BST finally "relocated" after a long time of being offered for under issue price. Too bad the mint didn't pop a different mintmark on them just for the special designer set.

My grades just popped up. I ended up with a 69 and a 70. Glad I kept them as single slabs.

Ever get the feeling that you are talking to yourself?

Echo... Echo...... echo......... echo............ :D

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Indeed, good call. I was able to secure a PCGS FS 70 Uno slab and it is so cool.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats Miles ! Nice score

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

whatever happened to all the hand signed coa's from this set. I only ever saw one sale listed, I think on Ebay but can't find it now, in the beginning but don't know if it was a scam or something else. That seller claimed to have several PF 70 sets with slabbed signed coa's as well as a number of signed COA's for sale :o

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

MilesWaits

Nice score . Beautiful coins !!!!

Of note: I am not that seller claiming to have many. 4 sets of 70s and only 1 signed here.

@HATTRICK said:
    MilesWaits

Nice score . Beautiful coins !!!!

Thanks to RedSeals!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file