Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****** Official 2021 One-tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set (21XK)****

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I believe that the label will note that the coins are from the limited edition 5,000 pcs sets. If that isn't a "Special Label" ,,,,,,,,,,, well it is in my mind.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    They need a label forum or do you guys collect coins ?

Sorry all. No more posts from me on the "special label" topic.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    got shipping label issued email from the mint. Now the four day wait until they take it to the post office.

Ain't that the truth!!

BST references available on request

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

This is a label forum. PCGS doesn't sell coins.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

This is a label forum. PCGS doesn't sell coins.

Agreed!

And these slabbed labels do come with a coin. The more expensive the slab , the better looking the coin.

;)

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Has anyone at all viewed this set to verify that they are the exact same coins previously released as widely suspected. Next day air, unopened boxes have been selling on the bay, so many folks have them in hand.

• Options

@younique said:
    Has anyone at all viewed this set to verify that they are the exact same coins previously released as widely suspected. Next day air, unopened boxes have been selling on the bay, so many folks have them in hand.

But anyone stabbing needs to keep them sealed

• Options

Thats a given. Guessing we'll wait on CoinWorld, Numismatic News, etc to let us know

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had me wondering if anyone here actually does collect labels. Anyone have all the issued labels for a specific coin? Or anyone very picky on collecting a certain type of label for their collection? Mine are all over the place, never gave the labels that much thought, but I am seeing that they are becoming more important to some...or there are more offerings than ever.

• Options
    mpbuck82mpbuck82 Posts: 40 ✭✭

Have one in the bag, it showed available for one second this morning. As fast as I went to confirm order it was gone. What a game one has to play with the mint to buy its products.

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

As I was refreshing the page waiting for that magic red button to appear, I got hit with captchas…..twice. Took about 5 seconds to navigate through but I knew I was 6 seconds behind everyone else and dead at the start line. Will keep on trying each morning. I did see some other products available past the 10 second window such as the ASE and 1 oz AGE. Those stayed up for about 60 secs.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Had me wondering if anyone here actually does collect labels. Anyone have all the issued labels for a specific coin? Or anyone very picky on collecting a certain type of label for their collection? Mine are all over the place, never gave the labels that much thought, but I am seeing that they are becoming more important to some...or there are more offerings than ever.

I just looked at an "Early Issue" labelled 2019 buffalo in coin facts and there are 35 different labels listed for that coin as "die varieties". Some eagle coins have even more.

This link is to some active labels, even ultraviolet ones, and there are links to some retired ones. There are even, premier, early issue, etc. and many others that are dealers only. Lots of people collect labels like for the signed basketball coins, but you would need very deep pockets to collect them all.

https://www.pcgs.com/labels

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

UV got me thinking. Yup I got one🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a race to the bottom on the BST. Someone picked $1000 others jumped on board ( even though hours earlier we could have paid $645, I was watching it play out, could of had one) now prices coming down. Don’t rush to buy one. Only saving grace even at issue price is if there turns out to be some anomaly that distinguishes this from all the $310 one tenth ounce coins.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

No restock early this am fwiw. Off to start my day!

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

There was a restock. It only lasted like a second.

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

set in hand. Might sell. No idea yet.

• Options

@Dirt94 said:

How does anyone get an order thru in just a few seconds?

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭

@GhosOfRudy said:
    set in hand. Might sell. No idea yet.

I bought for myself but in the exact same boat, might sell.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@Dirt94 said:

How does anyone get an order thru in just a few seconds?

First you have to have it in your bag. That could take a day or two. Then at exactly 7:30 treat the coin in your bag as if it was available and try to purchase. If it does become available, you're already trying to purchase and may get it. If it's not available, you get the message "not available". I find if you wait to see it become available, there isn't usually enough time to get to the next stage.

• Options

Thank-you for that information.

• Options

Coin numbers relayed to me on the phone today are Type 1 FS, 861203. Type 2 FS, 885840. Would hate to have a submission delayed until 2022 due to incorrect #'s. Just sayin

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 8:57PM

@younique said:
    Coin numbers relayed to me on the phone today are Type 1 FS, 861203. Type 2 FS, 885840. Would hate to have a submission delayed until 2022 due to incorrect #'s. Just sayin

Also just sayin, those are standard proof numbers that do not reflect the designer edition. Go to PCGS Coin Facts and type in those and you will see. If you want a designer special label number for both in first strike DCAM it would be 887733 T1and 887730 T2,

See the link and go to where it says "show related coins and varieties". There are also FDOI, non-FS etc listed.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2021-w-5-gold-eagle-type-1-designer-ed-t1-t2-first-strike-dcam/887733

I recommend that you call them back for more confirmation details for your designer submissions to be sure. You probably have to leave the mint package unopened also.

• Options

Was told those numbers are designer edition. Checking pop report & nothing showing for them. Also take a look. Doesn't look hand signed & numbered. #1401 [https://ebay.com/itm/274894481545?hash=item4000fce889:g:k-UAAOSwB01hEYJu&LH_BIN=1]

• Options

Coin Facts is the source for my PCGS numbers. They are not in the pop report because they have not graded them yet. Not all were hand signed.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 8:39PM

Guessing a limited amount hand signed & numbered & this is not one of them. Thanks Goldminer

• Options

887730 indicates type 1 & type 2 FS if I read it correctly before calling cust service. A bit of confusion

• Options

@younique said:
    Was told those numbers are designer edition. Checking pop report & nothing showing for them.

Here is my coin. Notice the PCGS number 861203 is the one you were given. I have no interest in the designer edition because I already have the coins. Good luck. Maybe you will get a nice certificate.

• Options

@younique said:
    887730 indicates type 1 & type 2 FS if I read it correctly before calling cust service. A bit of confusion

Correct. 887733 is a type 1 designer and 887730 is type 2 designer.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 8:57PM

Thanks for verifying that, appreciate it! Nice coin by the way! I'll call them again due to the 887730 indicating Type 1 & Type 2.

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@younique said:

Correct. 887733 is a type 1 designer and 887730 is type 2 designer.

Thank you

• Options

@younique

1) For future reference, adding the PCGS coin # to the submission form is optional.
    (Not saying that this is best practice. However, in this case, you have to submit sealed Mint packaging. As such, there is little room for doubt.)

"For coin number, refer to PCGS Population Report or PCGS Coin Numbering System (optional)."
    Link (Page #2, "Submission Guidelines" Section, "7. Coin Details" Sub-Section)

"Indicate the PCGS coin number (optional) of each coin (if applicable)."
    Link ("7 Coin Details" Section, "Coin Number" Bullet)

2) If you are calling PCGS anyway, you might want to point out the mintage number. Unless I am mistaken, the "mintage" for T1 and T2 should both be 5,000.

3) Don't forget to consider COA encapsulation. You might be one of the lucky 100 with a signed COA.

Good luck with your grades. :)

• Options

@Goldminers

Just stumbled across PCGS Number Lookup. Not sure if this is what you used as an initial reference. Notwithstanding, I found the summarized format useful, and thought that I would share it.

Here is a screenshot of the current 2021 $5 Gold Eagle, PR numbers:

Link

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Got a set for my dad this morning. Dang you sure have to be quick on these. They are up for maybe a little over a second it seems.

• Options

For those interested, this is an option for a designer pair:

https://www.pcgs.com/news/new-from-pcgs-put-two-coins-in-one-holder

They look like this one that I did a while back.

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    For those interested, this is an option for a designer pair:

https://www.pcgs.com/news/new-from-pcgs-put-two-coins-in-one-holder

They look like this one that I did a while back.

I would do this if and only if I still was guaranteed a set designation of some sort. Based on above posts it looks like that MIGHT be possible.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2021 9:45AM

@GhosOfRudy said:
    I would do this if and only if I still was guaranteed a set designation of some sort. Based on above posts it looks like that MIGHT be possible.

If you submit a sealed Mint package to PCGS, you should be eligible for a "set designation" on the label. In fact, the PCGS coin numbers specific to the "designer edition" set were posted above.

Consider the double holder in @Goldminers post. Note that the label clearly indicates that the coins are from the U.K. set, as opposed to the U.S. set. IOW, the example holder serendipitously includes a comparable "set designation".

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 10:51PM

@younique said:

I have the individual t1 and t2 1/10s and my designer set is arriving tomorrow.

had planned on scoping to compare for variations

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipping label printed Friday and still not live at the post office yet. Anybody have live tracking yet ?

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:
    Shipping label printed Friday and still not live at the post office yet. Anybody have live tracking yet ?

Check out the post directly above yours by @tahbb143

I assume he, or she, knows that the designer set is "arriving tomorrow" via tracking.

• Options

Did we ever find out where the extra 5000 coins came from? Talking about mintage numbers? Are they actually different from the previously dropped coins?

• Options

@MetroD said:

@HATTRICK said:

Check out the post directly above yours by @tahbb143

I assume he, or she, knows that the designer set is "arriving tomorrow" via tracking.

Yes, was on informed delivery and they arrived this morning.

• Options

@elberta said:
    Did we ever find out where the extra 5000 coins came from? Talking about mintage numbers? Are they actually different from the previously dropped coins?

They screwed up the count

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@elberta said:

That is what I was trying to figure out. If they did screw it up, why have they not made the corrections in the listings?

For mintage limit on Type 1 they used up the entire mintage limit of 16,200 with 8,200 4 pc sets and 8,000 singles.
    For mintage limit on Type 2 they used up the entire mintage limit of 20,250 with 10,000 4 pc sets and 10,250 singles.

So if this set contains identical coins as the previous 1/10oz coins they should update the Max Mintage to include these additional 5,000 pieces. That also makes these sets not so special, 25,000 pieces is a lot of pieces for these.

• Options

@tahbb143 said:

Please consider sharing your results. :)

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@elberta said:

That is what I was trying to figure out. If they did screw it up, why have they not made the corrections in the listings?

For mintage limit on Type 1 they used up the entire mintage limit of 16,200 with 8,200 4 pc sets and 8,000 singles.
    For mintage limit on Type 2 they used up the entire mintage limit of 20,250 with 10,000 4 pc sets and 10,250 singles.

So if this set contains identical coins as the previous 1/10oz coins they should update the Max Mintage to include these additional 5,000 pieces. That also makes these sets not so special, 25,000 pieces is a lot of pieces for these.

That is my feeling. That's why I mostly stayed away from these. I bought the 4 coin set because I had presold it. Other than that I only bought a $10 and one 2 coin set to flip ASAP.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@tahbb143 said:

Please consider sharing your results. :)

I made a super long post with results, but it didn't post.

I got a message that said it would post after review or something like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file