Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NYCMint said:

@Mgarmy said:
    Pinehurst just sent email…$50 bucks over price. Pass

Pass on selling it to Pinehurst or buying it at all?

I'm not buying... and I buy everything. Lol

Now that the sale is 15+ mins out...have you changed your mind??
    Somehow, I'm thinking you just might pull the trigger...just to see if you can be one of the 5k to get one!

Not really. I was briefly tempted when one was pre-sold on eBay. LOL.

There's still time to waste some money. I don't think they will be at all hot. The tenth ounce coins in general sold for $315 and are struggling to get $380 retail. The secondary market just doesn't appear to be there for these. The 4 coin sets are under $6000. They'll likely be down to issue price by Labor Day.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NYCMint said:

@Mgarmy said:

Somehow, I'm thinking you just might pull the trigger...just to see if you can be one of the 5k to get one!

There's still time to waste some money. I don't think they will be at all hot. The tenth ounce coins in general sold for $315 and are struggling to get $380 retail. The secondary market just doesn't appear to be there for these. The 4 coin sets are under $6000. They'll likely be down to issue price by Labor Day.

I wonder how the COA's are going to factor in? If only 100 are signed...will the rest of the community know how many are found (sorta like Willy Wonka Bar Gold Certificates)?

Where I'm going with the COA..is wondering if a sealed box would have higher value later on...based upon the fact that there "might" be a signed COA in there??

BST references available on request

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

There might be something unique about these that the mint hasn't told us about? Hope so!

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Passed

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go get em, new troops

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Wow. Sold out in 2 minutes.

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

sold out

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

90 second sellout

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 minutes or less. Amazing!

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a quick sell out. Shows remind me in 1 minute

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 9:04AM

I got in, put in cart then decided to forget it. Perhaps a mistake bit I don't know why these will have much value.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

It wanted me to proove I was human are you kidding me now its unavailable what kind of system is this?

• Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

SOLD OUT !

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

"can't find the page...."

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

That has to be a record

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

12:03
    Your shopping bag can currently not be ordered since one or more of the following products in your cart has an invalid price or is not available in the requested quantity. Please remove the product(s) with prices marked as N/A from your cart or change the quantities to the available amount. If you have any questions please contact customer service.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess these sets were compelling after all!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

reminds me of the show "gone in 60 seconds"

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NYCMint said:

@Mgarmy said:

I wonder how the COA's are going to factor in? If only 100 are signed...will the rest of the community know how many are found (sorta like Willy Wonka Bar Gold Certificates)?

Where I'm going with the COA..is wondering if a sealed box would have higher value later on...based upon the fact that there "might" be a signed COA in there??

They've done this before with the COAs. There's not a huge premium associated with them. Most people don't care if Ryder signed them. He signs anything. He's signing the auctioned coins' COAs later this year.

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Well.... that went poorly. The prove you are human "click and hold" just looped over and over. Looks like the same problem with the system not being able to handle things but a new GUI on top of it. Thank you mint.....

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Sold out

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 9:10AM

@NYCMint said:
    No one was buying...Sure... Gone in 2 minutes!

Contrary to popular opinion, the 200 people on this forum do not constitute the entire coin market. 250,000 to 500,000 people get the Mint solicitations. Nowhere in that solicitation does it say that this LIMITED EDITION OF 5,000 is made up 100% of coins found in different packaging with an additional mintage of 20,000

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

CU Under 2 minutes.

That is an All Time Record for the United States Mint…

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 9:10AM

Final review, check out, page not found 3x.
    Then click to prove I’m human 2x.
    Then gone.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same "click and hold" deal

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it in my cart but just couldn’t pull the trigger - “Is the most numismatic enjoyment I can have for $645?” For me it was “no”.

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Got one set B)

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Unbelievable. Did not expect a 60 second sell out. Got one in cart but couldn't check out.

• Options
    TRTR Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

got in cart at 10 seconds in sale but was sold out before I checked out - less than a minute.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    Dirt94 - spot on comment - lots of talk about hating the mint, never buying again, etc. but the mint keeps selling out in minutes. I think they call that a love/hate relationship…..

We just need to admit we are hooked and chill out

Looks like nobody was interested at all in it with the 2 minute sellout. 😉

• Options

But if the coins in this set are the same as the single ones, you could also just build your own set with OGP. I don't really see these holding any long term appeal.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

i got one only because i had a customer that wanted one

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Commence the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Page not found four times

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this for a crappy downgrade of a box. Ryder’s signature is not a plus. What the heck are we thinking?🧐

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Got one at 12:02 USM1029xxxx

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

That was quick. So if I got one of these is there any reason from a collector point of view that I should accept delivery of a single 1/10 oz type 2 (21EEN)? There is nothing different between it and the one in this set correct?

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

Could not check out. Had to empty my cart and then hold the prove human button, by then it was gone. Not happy.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr said:
    That was quick. So if I got one of these is there any reason from a collector point of view that I should accept delivery of a single 1/10 oz type 2 (21EEN)? There is nothing different between it and the one in this set correct?

Nope. The coins have no difference. Just the packaging.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@smuglr said:

They are identical.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 9:33AM

@grote15 said:
    But if the coins in this set are the same as the single ones, you could also just build your own set with OGP. I don't really see these holding any long term appeal.

How many do?

Honestly, at 25,000 total mintage, these are more common than 2020 (12,466 single coins sold + 11, 470 four coin sets)

• Options

@smuglr said:

integrity?

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 9:21AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

Honestly, at 25,000 total mintage, these are far more common than 2020 (12,466 total sold)

Once coins are graded, I'd also expect a bunch of OGP for these sets to be available. May be better to keep the sets ungraded.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file