Home U.S. Coin Forum

****** Official 2021 One-tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set (21XK)****

Comments

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    12:03
    Your shopping bag can currently not be ordered since one or more of the following products in your cart has an invalid price or is not available in the requested quantity. Please remove the product(s) with prices marked as N/A from your cart or change the quantities to the available amount. If you have any questions please contact customer service.

I had exactly the same problem.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:
    But if the coins in this set are the same as the single ones, you could also just build your own set with OGP. I don't really see these holding any long term appeal.

How many do?

Honestly, at 25,000 total mintage, these are far more common than 2020 (12,466 total sold)

Once coins are graded, I'd also expect a bunch of OGP for these sets to be available.

Yes, but no one will recognize it as the official set without the label. You might as well keep it in the separate OGP.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@grote15 @Kliao Thanks, I thought so.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:
    But if the coins in this set are the same as the single ones, you could also just build your own set with OGP. I don't really see these holding any long term appeal.

How many do?

Honestly, at 25,000 total mintage, these are far more common than 2020 (12,466 total sold)

Once coins are graded, I'd also expect a bunch of OGP for these sets to be available.

Yes, but no one will recognize it as the official set without the label. You might as well keep it in the separate OGP.

Is PCGS offering a special flip with these? If not, probably best to keep these sets raw.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mountain_goatmountain_goat Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Got 2 orders. USM1027XXXX and USM1029XXXX. They are 13578 orders apart, imagine that.

• originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

I always wondered about the people that got the 'prove youre human' button as i have never seen it....before today! I couldnt get away from it. Had set in my cart and was checking out within 30 seconds before the cant find page then dreaded human thing. I guess i really didnt need the set that bad.

edited August 5, 2021 9:32AM

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

Is PCGS offering a special flip with these? If not, probably best to keep these sets raw.

Forum rumor was that NGC is but PCGS isn't.

But that's why I don't expect any value to these sets in the long run. A year from now, all raw coins are part of the same 25,000 mintage which is more than the 24,000 total they sold in 2020 (corrected from earlier)

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one in the bag, check out 3 times (no page found)
    After 3 attempts at check out I got the "prove you are human"
    Then got the "unavailable"

• GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

I'd be surprised after the 2019 ASE ER COA holdering that this wouldn't be - especially if the COA is hand signed.

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t even try. Too small a premium.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

But that's why I don't expect any value to these sets in the long run. A year from now, all raw coins are part of the same 25,000 mintage which is double what they sold in 2020.

Sure... but I bet that demand for the first year of the type two design will be much higher than double the demand for a 2020 proof.

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:
    I always wondered about the people that got the 'prove youre human' button as i have never seen it....before today! I couldnt get away from it. Had set in my cart and was checking out within 30 seconds before the cant find page then dreaded human thing. I guess i really didnt need the set that bad.

I haven’t gotten that with recent releases until today either. It really felt like they got the bugs worked out until today. Today was terrible. I was successful in purchasing it still but it was a turn for the worse for their ordering system.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    True confessions: I did buy one. I signed on to see how long they lasted and I just couldn't resist buying.

I really need a 12 step program.

That's why I asked earlier if you were a buyer!
    Somehow, I knew you couldn't resist the urge..."just to see if you could buy one"

It was like holding a crack pipe in front of an addict... :*

Yes, you do need a 12-Step Program! :-)

BST references available on request

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

But that's why I don't expect any value to these sets in the long run. A year from now, all raw coins are part of the same 25,000 mintage which is double what they sold in 2020.> @HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    True confessions: I did buy one. I signed on to see how long they lasted and I just couldn't resist buying.

I really need a 12 step program.

That's why I asked earlier if you were a buyer!
    Somehow, I knew you couldn't resist the urge..."just to see if you could buy one"

It was like holding a crack pipe in front of an addict... :*

Yes, you do need a 12-Step Program! :-)

Seriously. I have NO interest whatsoever in this coin set at all and yet I bought it. Jeesh...

My friend, Wade Boughton, used to call it Boughtonitis: the uncontrollable urge to buy anything and everything.

@Dirt94 said:

@originalsandman said:

I haven’t gotten that with recent releases until today either. It really felt like they got the bugs worked out until today. Today was terrible. I was successful in purchasing it still but it was a turn for the worse for their ordering system.

You were just lucky on Tuesday. I was doing a lot of pressing and holding then. None today.

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

But that's why I don't expect any value to these sets in the long run. A year from now, all raw coins are part of the same 25,000 mintage which is double what they sold in 2020.

Your "double what they sold in 2020" does Not included the 4 coin set...

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

Oops. Excellent point. 11,470 four coin sets. So, only slightly more. I shall correct it. Thanks,

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

@originalsandman said:

You were just lucky on Tuesday. I was doing a lot of pressing and holding then. None today.

It’s weird how random it is who gets that and who doesn’t on every release.

@jmlanzaf said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

Oops. Excellent point. 11,470 four coin sets. So, only slightly more. I shall correct it. Thanks,

The 2020 4 coin set is still actively being sold. Last week 189 were sold...

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

I am j ust curious, under what circ> @Dirt94 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

@originalsandman said:

The entire mint ordering system is a lottery machine, even though it is not intentional designed.

@illini420 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

Sure... but I bet that demand for the first year of the type two design will be much higher than double the demand for a 2020 proof.

Not so clear. There just aren't a lot of collectors of these.

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

And the 2020 4 coin set is still available with an unlisted product or mintage limit.

@Dirt94 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

@originalsandman said:

Yes, although I was on a commercial server Tuesday and I'm at home today. So, there could be something that triggers it that we just don't know.

@jmlanzaf said:

Seriously. I have NO interest whatsoever in this coin set at all and yet I bought it. Jeesh...

My friend, Wade Boughton, used to call it Boughtonitis: the uncontrollable urge to buy anything and everything.

Right now, I'm just buying - to pay for a 1oz Gold Coin that I purchased earlier this year!
    If I get pre-sale offers from buyers willing to pay...than I'm in...again, to offset the cost of past purchases!

Maybe I should just turn to coin-rolling...it's probably more calming in the long run! ;)

@smuglr said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

How many do?

And the 2020 4 coin set is still available with an unlisted product or mintage limit.

Yes, but the baseline demand is the baseline demand. Look at 2019 then, if you prefer. There just aren't that many collectors of this entire series.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@J2035 said:
    Got it in my cart but just couldn’t pull the trigger - “Is the most numismatic enjoyment I can have for $645?” For me it was “no”.

Exact same for me.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Right now, I'm just buying - to pay for a 1oz Gold Coin that I purchased earlier this year!
    If I get pre-sale offers from buyers willing to pay...than I'm in...again, to offset the cost of past purchases!

Maybe I should just turn to coin-rolling...it's probably more calming in the long run! ;)

It's more calming if you like it. It is twice as frustrating if you don't.

Honestly, it's easier to offset coin purchases by getting a part-time job or selling other widgets. Mint releases are fun and sometimes profitable, but there's a limit to how much flipping you can do. Some years, there is literally nothing that can be flipped. In the last two years, the Mint has created more numerous flipping opportunities, but the flipping window has been getting smaller and smaller. And recent changes designed to weed out bots and buyers' clubs is going to make the flipping potential lower.

• UncleAbeUncleAbe Posts: 35 ✭✭

the COA's are all numbered, but only some will be hand signed.

Not that any of it really makes a difference, other than labels, as has been pointed out here ad nauseam :)

• youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Confirmation e-mail just received

edited August 5, 2021 9:50AM

@mountain_goat said:
    Got 2 orders. USM1027XXXX and USM1029XXXX. They are 13578 orders apart, imagine that.

The wide difference in order numbers....might just be a security feature to keep anyone from guessing specific order numbers with e-mail addresses for tracking orders.

I have no proof of that...I'm just purely speculating as to the wide range of order #'s.

21,000 +/- for 2018, 22,000 +/- for 2019, almost 24,000 and growing for 2020. I'd say interest is increasing. Add in the hype and FOMO for the last/first AGE and ASE this year has people that haven't normally purchased these taking interest.

@HoneyMarket said:

@mountain_goat said:

The wide difference in order numbers....might just be a security feature to keep anyone from guessing specific order numbers with e-mail addresses for tracking orders.

I have no proof of that...I'm just purely speculating as to the wide range of order #'s.

Yes there has to be something more to it. What would have been the other 8500 orders in that 2 minutes? and that the site processed them in that time.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I passed

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Does anyone think the HHL gets removed tomorrow like they have for the other releases on the second day?

@Dirt94 said:
    Does anyone think the HHL gets removed tomorrow like they have for the other releases on the second day?

Yes...

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 10:45AM

I already ordered both 1/10 oz type 1 & type 2 so saw no real reason to jump on this one. I do believe they will be the same coins.

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I'm in the camp of WHAT A WASTE THIS SET IS, your paying for coins that have already been sold. This set differs in one way, it's called a set. No different than the two I just bought. But, there will be the inevitable ppl who will pay a premium. I usually like to pick up mint coins, but this one is nothing more than trying to create a demand

• coinercoiner Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

I bought a set. I am a believer sometimes in what people think they are going to get doesn’t always turn out that way. You never know until we see the set exactly what is included.
    Worst case, I sell for several hundred over cost.
    Guys—it was a no brainer.

Like look at this, PLEASE WHOMEVER PAYS 1300 FOR THESE 2 1/10TH COINS LMK, I have a super valuable cup of air.

Looking at Ebay - Told SOLD price is ~1200 top LIST price is nearly 2000

@cagcrisp said:

@Dirt94 said:

Yes...

They don't always. But they have been for the other AGES. But might not be till noon. It was at noon for the Morgans on Wednesday.

@coiner said:
    I bought a set. I am a believer sometimes in what people think they are going to get doesn’t always turn out that way. You never know until we see the set exactly what is included.
    Worst case, I sell for several hundred over cost.
    Guys—it was a no brainer.

Well, in the end it was the same price as the tenth.

Worst case is you sell it for a hundred or so under. The Type 1s are up to $315 this week. They had been down to $260.

Don't hold too long.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:

I have a super valuable cup of air.

How much for the air and does the cup come with it signed? How will I know if you spilled any air out? Hmmmm...

@Onastone said:

@Peyroguy said:

How much for the air and does the cup come with it signed? How will I know if you spilled any air out? Hmmmm...

PCGS absolutely will slab air, the special label is $15.

@GhosOfRudy said:

@Onastone said:

@Peyroguy said:

PCGS absolutely will slab air, the special label is $15.

LMAO

• KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received my $5 AEG PR type 2 earlier today. I ordered type 1 back in March and it was only for $260. In total, my individual type 1 and type 2 is $70 less than the 2 coin sets offered today and they are the same coin except for the box, numbered COA and some signed coa.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Knell said:
    Received my $5 AEG PR type 2 earlier today. I ordered type 1 back in March and it was only for $260. In total, my individual type 1 and type 2 is $70 less than the 2 coin sets offered today and they are the same coin except for the box, numbered COA and some signed coa.

Does anyone really know for sure there isn’t something different with these sets until someone actually examines one?

I think it would be a great move by the Mint if they are different,,,, something like a Cheerios Sacagawea Dollar.

GrandAm :)
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Peyroguy said:

I remember seeing a story where an individual held a mason jar above Bad Pitts head and was photographed and sold the air he breathed for thousands. I also believe the same thing was done to Britney Spears, sucker for everything I suppose.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 2:08PM

This seems like a good deal to make a quick $50.00! plus they fully insure your package! :s

Pinehurst Coins

Make money for ordering coins from the US Mint!
    One-Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set Designer Edition
    The US Mint is releasing the
    American Eagle 2021 One-Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set Designer Edition
    August 5th at 12:00PM EST!
    See how below:
    Paying $50 Over Mint Issue Price Per Two-Coin Set, Plus A Free, Fully Insured Shipping Label!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file