Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****OFFICIAL 2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread*****

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:
    Why do flippers get badmouthed so much? It's not like they buy bunches of coins and sit on them- they get them into the hands of collectors who, for whatever reason, don't want to deal directly with the mint. And isn't getting the coins to collectors what everybody thinks is important?

I don’t mind flippers it helps me get what I need with out messing with eBay or picking up one coin at a time, Even if it cost me more money we all serve a purpose.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr said:

@MasonG said:

@smuglr said:
    I'm not a dealer of flipper fan...

@smuglr said:
    I got 4 orders through for 1 each and only did that to have a couple to trade anticipating the big demand and the USMs usual issues.

Hate to break it to you, but you're a flipper.

How so? I have a 'CC' and 'O' to trade even up for two of the others I don't get. I'm not selling anything or making any profit. Maybe I don't understand what a flipper is lol.

You bought extra to flip. And"even up" for coins selling for $200 is actually valuing your extras at the increased market price. Yes, you're a flipper.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    Oh and I forgot do away with the 10% advanced sale to the chosen few.

There are no chosen few. Anyone can qualify for the advance sales. You just need to meet the volume requirements.

EVERY business in America has the same program, usually far more generous than the Mint program.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are the CC any more desirable than the O?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

CC has always had the panache

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2021 8:47PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

@MasonG said:

@smuglr said:

@smuglr said:
    I got 4 orders through for 1 each and only did that to have a couple to trade anticipating the big demand and the USMs usual issues.

How so? I have a 'CC' and 'O' to trade even up for two of the others I don't get. I'm not selling anything or making any profit. Maybe I don't understand what a flipper is lol.

You bought extra to flip. And"even up" for coins selling for $200 is actually valuing your extras at the increased market price. Yes, you're a flipper.

• Options

Look out O holders.

Prices are softening for them

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

There are no chosen few. Anyone can qualify for the advance sales. You just need to meet the volume requirements.

EVERY business in America has the same program, usually far more generous than the Mint program.

I would think you would agree, they are taking away from you too.

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

@MasonG said:

@smuglr said:

@smuglr said:

Okkkaayyyy whatever makes sense to you lol. Still a semi-free country you're entitled to your opinion as am I.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Moving on, so in Mint history unavailable doesn't connotate sold out. Opinions appreciated. And where does the Mint go with this issue?

• Options

It is not sold out until it shows “Sold Out”

Where the mint goes is anyone’s guess

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Does the mint put up coins on the weekends?

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

I would think you would agree, they are taking away from you too.

If I spend $1 million per year, I would expect a few perks.

I do NOT agree. They are taking nothing away from me.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:

Not yet

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Thank-you

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

These things aren’t coming back up for sale until the mint figures out their game plan.

• Options

@younique said:
    Moving on, so in Mint history unavailable doesn't connotate sold out. Opinions appreciated. And where does the Mint go with this issue?

"Sold Out" is a different designation. They can be "unavailable" even for a coin with unlimited mintage.

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

nothing so far this morning

• Options
    edited May 29, 2021 4:39AM

@jessewvu said:
    These things aren’t coming back up for sale until the mint figures out their game plan.

I think it depends on whether the credit card problems are real. If they do actually have a large number of orders with missing credit card information due to their website malfunction, I think you are correct because this will need to be sorted out before they move on. If they are contemplating a change in HHL that is retroactive, they you are may be correct. If the issue is just the web traffic problem, they may continue their usual behavior as future modifications don't affect past sales.

• Options
    alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

Will/can the Mint take a pre-sale mulligan? :#

• Options

@alangloi said:
    Will/can the Mint take a pre-sale mulligan? :#

They could. I think it's unlikely that they will completely eliminate orders. It is not impossible that they would decrease orders.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint is watching Ebay.

The TBD pieces will be $185..... ;)

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

@Mindy9773 said:

Not yet

They do. We'll all remember the Sundsy after Thanksgiving last year when the V75 Gold Eagle was up long enough for anyone we was logged on to get one. They have an 8K ish premium still.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 6:50AM

I decided to miss out on the cc privy. I am on vacation and have low reception to buy things online. Also before my vacation, I recently used by coin money to buy an actual cc Morgan and 1921 peace dollar. I put money aside for the originals rather than the new commemoratives

• Options
    drjayceedrjaycee Posts: 35 ✭✭

Just a thought... the mint sells high demand coins only at 3:00am. That would have to reduce at least a percentage of traffic. Also, they could say, “...somewhere between 2:30am and 4:30am.

• Options

What would the point of that be? Those that really want one/some would get them. The majority of folks who would like one would miss out.

Time of day release isn’t a wise proposition.

• Options

@drjaycee said:
    Just a thought... the mint sells high demand coins only at 3:00am. That would have to reduce at least a percentage of traffic. Also, they could say, “...somewhere between 2:30am and 4:30am.

Everyone has an alarm clock

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

@younique said:

Current Mint definitions of "back order", "currently unavailable", and "sold out" ...

Source: [Link]

• Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Why has the release dates for the next 3 Morgans and the Peace dollar changed?

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options

@Delorean said:

Read the thread on it...

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 8:08AM

Or perhaps if there was no COVID, how about in person sales at Philadelphia gift shop, Denver gift shop and DC sales counter only.

• Options

@drjaycee said:

@drjaycee said:

LOL! This was an attempt at a joke. Thought the ridiculousness of it was clear, but you coin guys are a tough breed to crack!

Yeah, blame the audience

• Options
    drjayceedrjaycee Posts: 35 ✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@drjaycee said:

@drjaycee said:

LOL! This was an attempt at a joke. Thought the ridiculousness of it was clear, but you coin guys are a tough breed to crack!

Yeah, blame the audience

LOL! Well more like misreading the audience instead of blame...

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:

@drjaycee said:

It's not a joke... You must not know how many days I woke up at 3:15am just to play the mint lottery on the V75s. It paid off and I would do it again. Bring it on!!!

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed out completely, I recently returned to work and was unable to even try to order.
    Figured I would try when I returned home...
    We all know how that worked out...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:

@Delorean said:

Chuck! Where have you been? This whole last 1/3rd of this thread is about this topic.

Doh!!! You're right, my bad! :wink:

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

No upcoming sale dates because Mint is rethinking HHL so everyone has a chance. A lot of angry customers.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 12:22PM

If they lower the HHL to 1 you will have turned a $150 coin ($85 cost) into a $50 coin.

Either anger people early or anger people late…

One is temporary…

The other is permanent…

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    No upcoming sale dates because Mint is rethinking HHL so everyone has a chance. A lot of angry customers.

That's not what they said. The email said they were fixing the checkout. It said nothing about HHL

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

You would Not have to postpone launch dates just to lower the HHL…

• Options
    alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

You think by now they would outsource it to Amazon.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Orleans shoulda been NO, just a random thought. :p

• Options

@renman95 said:
    New Orleans shoulda been NO, just a random thought. :p

It wasn't before.

• Options

@AMRC said:
    You think by now they would outsource it to Amazon.

Everyone assumes that's even a solution. Amazon doesn't process 100,000 purchases per minute either. And Amazon charges a minimum 20% commission on sales.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@pf70collector said:

That's not what they said. The email said they were fixing the checkout. It said nothing about HHL

I thought a lack of silver precipitated this whole debacle. ;)

• Options
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 2:30PM

"I thought a lack of silver precipitated this whole debacle."

I thought I read that in an E-Mail that was posted also. If the US mint is out of silver they are the only ones I could find. World wide shortage? And my dealer will sell me 500 Silver Eagles at $38.00 a piece. That's some shortage. LOL!

This discussion has been closed.