Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****OFFICIAL 2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread*****

Comments

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    I hope the mint provides an update this week. Otherwise we'll go back and forth until the cows come home.

Well they are saying they are working to update/fix the system and since they've known about these issues for at least 2 years these may be 2023 Morgans by time they figure it out.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may have sold for more with a 1¢ start

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not sell on the bay till I know what is going to happen first. But I do think we will get the coins a lot sooner than planned.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

$360 and 10 hours left

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124739800387

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:
    I would not sell on the bay till I know what is going to happen first. But I do think we will get the coins a lot sooner than planned.

Why or what makes you think that ?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your eyes peeled for that TBD date. I have a feeling the mint will make their next move soon. Here's our current situation on this last day of May. Oh, and Happy Memorial Day everyone.

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Happy Memorial Day

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2021 7:53AM

To: All You Suckers

Just kidding...we're back on for tomorrow!

WHOA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder what the delay will mean for the Gold eagle rollout set for 7/8. Overlap? That would be disaster!

liefgold
  • Options
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

They almost doubled their money

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:
    Wonder what the delay will mean for the Gold eagle rollout set for 7/8. Overlap? That would be disaster!

More worried about the BIG Release on July 1.

• Options

I suspect we have a lot of 25 subs for that ASE.

this is another product they need to lower the HHL on

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

21xj and the two coin gold limited edition are going to be epic nut rolls

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

I don't feel that the gold 2 coin will be anything special. Both just have regular proof finishes. There will be nothing to them them apart from the single coin releases. 21XJ on the other hand have reverse proof finishes and will be special.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

I don't feel that the gold 2 coin will be anything special. Both just have regular proof finishes. There will be nothing to them them apart from the single coin releases. 21XJ on the other hand have reverse proof finishes and will be special.

the congratulations set says otherwise

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

What I am thinking on these from reading and rereading the mints description is that both coins will be regular proof strikes, however both coins will be minted with the new obverse. Making the old reverse with the new obverse a 5000 mintage coin.

• Options

@djm said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

What I am thinking on these from reading and rereading the mints description is that both coins will be regular proof strikes, however both coins will be minted with the new obverse. Making the old reverse with the new obverse a 5000 mintage coin.

New obverse? I have not seen anything about a new obverse.

• Options

we had over 700 auctions on ebay, now we are just above 600

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

Could be. That said, I 'read' the description differently.

From the 21XK product page:
    ~ "This stunning two-coin gold proof designer edition set contains a one-tenth ounce coin with the last of the original American Eagle Gold Coin designs and one with the first of the new designs."
    ~ "The 2021 American Eagle One Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set Designer Edition contains one original and one newly re-designed American Eagle One-Tenth Ounce Gold Proof Coin, a unique set for the serious collector."

I interpret this to mean a 21EE and a 21EEN.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@djm said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Read the description of the 2021 Type 2 Proof Gold Obverse it talks about the enhancement or changes.

• Options

when have they actually enhanced an existing design?

• Options

@Kliao said:

"The obverses (heads) of the redesigned American Eagle Gold and Silver Coins will continue to bear versions of the historic designs that have been featured on these coins for more than three decades. The gold coin obverse will display a refreshed depiction of the 1907 design by renowned sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens, while the obverse of the silver coin will display a refreshed depiction of the 1916 “Walking Liberty” design by famed sculptor Adolph A. Weinman."
    Source: https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/united-states-mint-unveils-new-american-eagle-gold-and-silver-coin-reverse-designs

• Options

@djm said:

@Kliao said:

@djm said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Read the description of the 2021 Type 2 Proof Gold Obverse it talks about the enhancement or changes.

I still don’t see any different combos of new/old.

“ The 2021 obverse original design features a version of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.”

“ The 2021 obverse design on the new coin features the same Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full- length figure of Liberty with flowing hair.”

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    when have they actually enhanced an existing design?

Jefferson's hair on the nickel. Washington's hair on the quarter. They do, every now and then.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok kids...be honest...how many of you will be hitting refresh tomorrow at noon “just in case”?

• Options

@RichR said:
    Ok kids...be honest...how many of you will be hitting refresh tomorrow at noon “just in case”?

Not me. If they accidentally came available, they would cancel all orders. Happened once before when they accidentally went live before noon. Everyone who bought one had their order canceled.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2021 5:11PM

I'm wondering what PFS Buyers Club must be thinking right now...

First, they're wondering if all of their buyers are going to get their already placed 10 qty orders, from last week, canceled by the Mint...

Second, they're wondering what to do going forward if there is an HHL placed on the other 4 releases...

Third, how are they going to put together 6 piece sets for premium sale if either of the 1st or 2nd (or both) above come true!

Have any PFS Buyers been contacted by PFS and care to share if there has been any guidance from PFS?

BST references available on request

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

What an amazingly ineffective numismatic press/media we have. We should not be having to parse the Mint's incredibly opaque pre-release descriptions.

And their shamefully bogus explanation of the problem - that these are being gobbled up by bullion stackers. At least we didn't need the numis-media to see that as ridiculous.

The vagueness of the descriptions we're pouring over might be a strategy to hype interest by keeping us guessing, but the press must have sources that can at least clarify some of this.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

First, they're wondering if all of their buyers are going to get their already placed 10 qty orders, from last week, canceled by the Mint...

Second, they're wondering what to do going forward if there is an HHL placed on the other 4 releases...

Third, how are they going to put together 6 piece sets for premium sale if either of the 1st or 2nd (or both) above come true!

Have any PFS Buyers been contacted by PFS and care to share if there has been any guidance from PFS?

PFS doesn't really care. They can easily adjust. Even if they cut the HHL, PFS will just raise their ask which will draw in more buyers. I'd be willing to bet it will be harder to get coins not easier if they cut the HHL.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope the buyers club takes it in the shorts..don’t care how..scum sucking bottom feeders

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

PFS doesn't really care. They can easily adjust. Even if they cut the HHL, PFS will just raise their ask which will draw in more buyers. I'd be willing to bet it will be harder to get coins not easier if they cut the HHL.

Agree to a point that they can easily adjust...
    But...they also must be salivating at the thought of how much they can make off their investments if it all works in their favor.

With eBay prices acting like these coins are approaching Gamestock stock ($GME) returns...PFS's is looking to make a LOT of money based upon the pittance that they were paying out to their buyers.

At this point, I'm waiting for Elon Musk to start tweeting about these coins...just to drive the price higher!

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

Agree to a point that they can easily adjust...
    But...they also must be salivating at the thought of how much they can make off their investments if it all works in their favor.

With eBay prices acting like these coins are approaching Gamestock stock ($GME) returns...PFS's is looking to make a LOT of money based upon the pittance that they were paying out to their buyers.

At this point, I'm waiting for Elon Musk to start tweeting about these coins...just to drive the price higher!

Prices are already dropping to my eyes.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2021 7:14PM

@MetroD said:

@Kliao said:

"The obverses (heads) of the redesigned American Eagle Gold and Silver Coins will continue to bear versions of the historic designs that have been featured on these coins for more than three decades. The gold coin obverse will display a refreshed depiction of the 1907 design by renowned sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens, while the obverse of the silver coin will display a refreshed depiction of the 1916 “Walking Liberty” design by famed sculptor Adolph A. Weinman."
    Source: https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/united-states-mint-unveils-new-american-eagle-gold-and-silver-coin-reverse-designs

Pondering what "refreshed" means in Mint lingo & what, if any value the signed, numbered COA brings.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Do you think making under $300 is almost doubling your money?

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Do you think making under $300 is almost doubling your money?

8 x $85 = $680 (their cost), $1325 - $680 = $645 (their profit) as stated "they almost doubled their money" minus whatever fees ebay charges. I don't know what that is 10%? Even if so, over $500 profit still close to doubling their money.

• Options

my mistake. I saw the 850 in the photo on the ebay listing and didnt subtract 2 for only selling 8.

• Options

@younique said:
    Pondering what "refreshed" means in Mint lingo & what, if any value the signed, numbered COA brings.

For the ASE, from the 'product page' for 21EAN:
    "Thanks to modern design technology, the updated obverse is a closer reflection of Weinman’s original vision and includes the addition of his traditional artist mark."

For the AGE, from the 'product page' for 21EBN:
    "Legacy details have been restored for the obverse design to include modifications to the Capitol Building, stars, torch, sun rays, and other design elements based on the original bronze cast."

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

21XC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CC PRIVY MARK 174,235 99.6% of availability
    21XD MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR O PRIVY MARK 174,325 99.6% of availability...

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@cagcrisp said:

So, there’s still a chance to get another!!

;-)

• Options

It is interesting how the Mint listed the Morgan Silver Dollars on the sales report.

The Mint did Not use the year in the listing like 96% of the other offerings.

The Only offerings without a year are the Silver medals and the two Morgan Silver Dollars…

• Options
    jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:

It is interesting how the Mint listed the Morgan Silver Dollars on the sales report.

The Only offerings without a year are the Silver medals and the two Morgan Silver Dollars…

I would guess this means that the privy mark Morgan’s are a one year only production.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Options

may not have had room in the database entry

• Options

@jerseyralph said:

@cagcrisp said:

I would guess this means that the privy mark Morgan’s are a one year only production.

That has ALWAYS been my assumption for the two privy coins...

That's why I was ALL in on the CC and O had no desire for the No Mint mark Philadelphia, the D or the S...

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that none of the dealers are buying these. Does not bode well for much appreciation.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:
    It seems that none of the dealers are buying these. Does not bode well for much appreciation.

That's what happens when they eff up the distribution. Momentum is lost. Everyone is waiting to see what changes they make.

You may get waves of cancelations

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's what happens when they eff up the distribution.

Everybody said they needed to do something. They did.

• Options

@Raufus said:

interesting.

so interesting I'd like to hear more on what you tried or heard

• Options

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's what happens when they eff up the distribution.

Everybody said they needed to do something. They did.

no one said they will stop shipping in october nor will retroactively decrease the limit from 10

no one knows that distribution has changed.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@Raufus said:

interesting.

so interesting I'd like to hear more on what you tried or heard

I've tried several dealers.

One said they were getting them from their employees at $10 over issue.

Another not buying.

Another will decide once they ship.

Certainly not what we've seen w truly hot issues.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
This discussion has been closed.