****OFFICIAL 2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread*****

Comments

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:
    Does anyone not have a payment method listed? I have two orders, one with a payment method and one like this

I have exactly the same problem.
    In the PAYMENT METHODS section of the ORDER SUMMARY, is blank, no credit card info. That's why my credit card does not show pending transaction.

I called the mint and got through... the lady couldn’t or wouldn’t understand what I was saying so I’m trying again. 😥

Why didn't you just ask her to add your payment info in the order?

I did... it wasn’t clicking. 😥

I called again and this lady said that she did see no payment method and she believes it will be canceled and she can’t do anything about it.

😭😭😭

Let me know if you hear a different answer.

I saw @jwitten said that a manager was going to call him. Hmmm.

But I heard people can change credit card info in the order.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:
    Does anyone not have a payment method listed? I have two orders, one with a payment method and one like this

In the PAYMENT METHODS section of the ORDER SUMMARY, is blank, no credit card info. That's why my credit card does not show pending transaction.

I called the mint and got through... the lady couldn’t or wouldn’t understand what I was saying so I’m trying again. 😥

I called again and this lady said that she did see no payment method and she believes it will be canceled and she can’t do anything about it.

😭😭😭

Where did you hear that? It’s the us mint, nothing is ever as easy as it should be. Once an order is placed (and those coins are now sold out), I doubt anything can be changed.

@jwitten said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

😭😭😭

Where did you hear that? It’s the us mint, nothing is ever as easy as it should be. Once an order is placed (and those coins are now sold out), I doubt anything can be changed.

I think I heard several times here, that people called to change their credit card info.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 10:25PM

I have did it once before it hit my card, it canceled one order but the 2nd one went through. It’s hit or miss with the mint.

Hoard the keys.
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

My previous history purchasing from the Mint:

Currently Unavailable means the following:

Could be unavailable, might be available tomorrow at noon, could be available sometime later, might be available later in the year in a set, might be sold out.

Might be: hold your breath for the next surprise.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

What will happen when the levee breaks and there are 50k Ebay listings in October?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zilch

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@jwitten said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

I think I heard several times here, that people called to change their credit card info.

At least since the pandemic started, they have not changed/corrected charge info. It took me 5 minutes just to convince them to submit the charge on the card that they had the information for.

Briefly available at 7:50

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got 20 with CC Privy

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they both just popped for a second again the o was up longer and i did not get either....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

5 seconds?

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 4:55AM

Wow, I got an order in!

I was fumbling around so much I don’t know what I got. I think my 10 O mint I couldn’t get yesterday.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought 1 more of each. They were open briefly at 6:50am CDT.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Weird times allover again like the V75 coins.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Anyone have order numbers? Doesn’t seem to have been many available. I went back to the well but played the “number requested not available” until I saw them slip away.

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Dropped at 0748 by my clock, was able to get some O's.

My order says processing not back ordered

• @jmlanzaf said:

How did you know when they would be available? I tried from 7:30 for 5-10 minutes and gave up

Mine was dumb luck. I tried at 6:30ct then quit. Was still logged in when I picked up my computer without even looking at the clock and hit my bookmark for 💩’s and grins when low and behold I had a red button, still logged in and was able to get the whole thing done.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1tommy said:
    Well they both just popped for a second again the o was up longer and i did not get either....

You tried but they were gone?

I tried at 0730 and 0740. Figures.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

I'm just curious, other than just lucking into it how do you guys find it at these various times? Di you guys refresh endlessly on the 10 minutes all day? it's incredible that people find these things.

Mine was dumb luck. Yesterday I got out of a meeting and after dialing into another phone call i hit refresh but just missed it, logged in at 1203 est. today, I was walking inbetween some buildings and happen to hit refresh and saw the “checking security of browser” prompt, or whatever it said. So I logged in, had 10 in my cart from release morning, saw the option to check out, and finished the order.

@PeterPoker said:

@jmlanzaf said:

How did you know when they would be available? I tried from 7:30 for 5-10 minutes and gave up

I did not know. Just happened to look at the computer then.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they ever drop coins TWICE on the same day?

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@1tommy said:

You tried but they were gone?

I tried at 0730 and 0740. Figures.

I think my problem is I am trying to get both at the same time. I think if you went for one or the other the chances are better and again this morning the paypal was available so I used it. But by the time i hit the last button the cc was already gone so it wanted me to dump that one to try for the O. If I cannot get both than I will not buy them.

As far as what times they release, its anybody guess. I won a corvette from rick dees by dialing my phone BEFORE the Magic song played, now they were suppose to go thru 102 callers to find the winner. So my line was ringing thru the magic song and 2 more after that. He comes live on the radio announcing they had gone thru 101 callers and he was going to get caller 102 live. It was ME : }

They were so mad but there was nothing they could do since it was live on the radio. Point is keep trying at all hours if you really want them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

When one considers that these things are available for a few seconds in a given 24 hour period, that people just randomly happen to look at the exact right second is just astonishing. I sure wish I had that kind of luck it's truly incredible.

Based on past experience, I’m really surprised that these have only been available for a few seconds the past couple of days immediately after Day 1. Usually, due to bad credit cards, cancelled orders, and other “issues” more are available on Days 2 & 3.

And has the Mint started pinging credit cards? If not, how are these “excess” coins even being determined to be from problem orders?

@RichR said:
    Based on past experience, I’m really surprised that these have only been available for a few seconds the past couple of days immediately after Day 1. Usually, due to bad credit cards, cancelled orders, and other “issues” more are available on Days 2 & 3.

And has the Mint started pinging credit cards? If not, how are these “excess” coins even being determined to be from problem orders?

The mint pings all credit cards immediately.

You also have order cancelations for bad addresses, violations of household limits, etc.

Just shocked only crumbs have fallen to the floor...with a pool of 350,000 total coins...you would have e thought a few thousand might have been contained within cancelled orders.

My credit card has been charged.

Also, PayPal wasn’t available for me today.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 8:57AM

East coast bias - no way I'm waking up at 0330 for these...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

@RichR said:
    Just shocked only crumbs have fallen to the floor...with a pool of 350,000 total coins...you would have e thought a few thousand might have been contained within cancelled orders.

How do you know there weren't a few thousand? There's no HHL so a few thousand won't last long

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    East coast bias - no way I'm waking up at 0330 for these...

my last email asked for a noon drop every time.

email them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2021 10:31AM

Wow, I am a bit surprised at the dealers not offering these for sale yet. I contacted one of them and they said that they will be waiting closer to the October shipment date. They should be selling these while the interest is still hot. Why wait another 4 months to begin offering these? Seems to be what all dealers are doing (at this point).

All dealers?

Flippers

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

The interest is hot now. Why wait until September to offer these for sale to the public? I believe this is a mistake.

I mistakenly thought they would wait

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

IF I was a flipper I would wait until I had the coins in hand.
    Too many variables yet. Even with confirmation emails, cancellations have been reported going out.
    I wouldn’t risk my reputation on this. Just my thoughts.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not be surprised to see the addition of D and S privy marks to the Peace Dollar design.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

@CaptHenway said:
    I would not be surprised to see the addition of D and S privy marks to the Peace Dollar design.

supposedly they don't have the planchets to mint more than already offered

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Summary of the 5.4.21 "roundtable discussion" between Mint Director Ryder and the "numismatic media" ...

"Production of the five 2021 Morgan Silver Dollars will halt at 875,000. No more than 200,000 of the 2021 Peace Silver Dollars will be made. 2021 Morgan and Peace dollar products will stay at the current six — no set combinations or other options will be offered. The United States Mint will allow authorized bulk purchasers to claim up to 10% of the silver dollars before they go on sale to the public. The U.S. Mint also hopes the production of Morgan and Peace dollars will continue into next year and beyond."
    Source

@MetroD said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Summary of the 5.4.21 "roundtable discussion" between Mint Director Ryder and the "numismatic media" ...

"Production of the five 2021 Morgan Silver Dollars will halt at 875,000. No more than 200,000 of the 2021 Peace Silver Dollars will be made. 2021 Morgan and Peace dollar products will stay at the current six — no set combinations or other options will be offered. The United States Mint will allow authorized bulk purchasers to claim up to 10% of the silver dollars before they go on sale to the public. The U.S. Mint also hopes the production of Morgan and Peace dollars will continue into next year and beyond."
    Source

To sell the Morgan and Peace dollars THIS year makes sense. Because of the 100th anniversary of the end of the Morgans and beginning of the Peace dollars, this is a big deal, the timing is right, and the interest is hot because of this. Will the interest be there next year and beyond?

@JeffM said:
    The interest is hot now. Why wait until September to offer these for sale to the public? I believe this is a mistake.

I'm not preselling them because of the inevitable cancelation and charge back problem. It could be a real mess. And remember, if someone reverses a charge, the credit card company keeps their transaction fee.

@jmlanzaf said:

@JeffM said:

I'm not preselling them because of the inevitable cancelation and charge back problem. It could be a real mess. And remember, if someone reverses a charge, the credit card company keeps their transaction fee.

Yes, and that makes sense for someone flipping these. But many of the dealers already know their allocation, particularly those in the ABPP. For those dealers, I do not feel it makes sense to wait 4 months to offer them for sale. Heck, I often purchase coins from dealers that don't ship them until they receive them several months later. Yet, they have taken advance orders on them with the appropriate caveats.

@JeffM said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JeffM said:

Yes, and that makes sense for someone flipping these. But many of the dealers already know their allocation, particularly those in the ABPP. For those dealers, I do not feel it makes sense to wait 4 months to offer them for sale. Heck, I often purchase coins from dealers that don't ship them until they receive them several months later. Yet, they have taken advance orders on them with the appropriate caveats.

I would be retailing them. If any dealer seeks now and the price drops before they are shipped, how many cancelations are they going to get?

The fact is, any sale you make now is probably at the lower price between now and October unless you only accept cash payment with no returns.

So, if I sell it now at $200, and they are selling at $300 in October, I've sold it at $200. If I sell it now at$200 and they are selling for$150 in October, I'm going to have a chargebsck and I'm going to have to sell it for $150 and end up with 2 or 3 credit card fees. [Some credit cards charge a second fee for the cancelation. ]

There's no upside to selling them now.

I just realized and now you will know I can be a little slow on the uptake. Something you guys already know the two already offered are privy marks the next two are mint marks. I wonder why they just didn’t make the first two as mintmarks ? I wonder if it makes a difference ?

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

Has the mint commented about the June in stock date vs the October ship date?

Don't quote me on that.

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    I just realized and now you will know I can be a little slow on the uptake. Something you guys already know the two already offered are privy marks the next two are mint marks. I wonder why they just didn’t make the first two as mintmarks ? I wonder if it makes a difference ?

There is No mint in Carson City or New Orleans. The Mint said previously it would cost over $1M to move a press from Denver or San Fransisco to Carson City. At that time there was never any mention of a New Orleans coin...

@JimTyler said:

and these were minted in Philly. so the real mint mark is no mint mark a/k/a struck in Philly

This discussion has been closed.