Home U.S. Coin Forum

****OFFICIAL 2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread*****

Comments

• Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Does anyone not have a payment method listed? I have two orders, one with a payment method and one like this

• CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how long it will take for the "Monster Toned" ones to come out. ;)
    CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • MWKMWK Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@smuglr said:

@Raufus said:
    Does anyone recall exactly which time the O and CC went dark yesterday?

I randomly went for the O first. Sounds like the CC went dark earlier. Ugh.

It was around 11:15 cst for the CC and 11:24 for the O. I had 4 separate orders and the last one was at 11:23 for an O.

I bought one of each on one order and successfully submitted my order at 11:18 AM CDT.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:
    On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being pure hatred and 1 being "that's OK" what would your feelings towards me be if I said I had 60 coins? This is a purely hypothetical poll.

Only 60?

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:
    Does anyone not have a payment method listed? I have two orders, one with a payment method and one like this

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing on one of mine (I also have 2 orders). I'm now worried that it is going to be cancelled later on. Part of me wants to call the mint and see if they can check it out... part of me thinks that will get it cancelled. Anyone have experience with this they can share?

• robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    A friend got an email at 2:43 today...the dreaded "Cancellation Summary"

"One or more items in your order USM0959XXXX has been cancelled. I you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder. We apologize for the inconvenience."

That is a fairly early order number. One of my order numbers is USM0965XXXX and it is in backorder along with my USM0957XXXX.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:

@Weather11am said:

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing on one of mine (I also have 2 orders). I'm now worried that it is going to be cancelled later on. Part of me wants to call the mint and see if they can check it out... part of me thinks that will get it cancelled. Anyone have experience with this they can share?

I contacted the mint for the same reason. I have one account that it lists my card, one like this. The lady said there was an error and they would have a manager call me in a few days. Yeah, I’m expecting this order of 20 to get canceled.

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 2:49PM

@jwitten said:

@Guxiyou said:

@Weather11am said:

I contacted the mint for the same reason. I have one account that it lists my card, one like this. The lady said there was an error and they would have a manager call me in a few days. Yeah, I’m expecting this order of 20 to get canceled.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. That's... disappointing.

Called them earlier... was on hold for 2 hours before I had to give up.

EDIT: Order #USM09644XXX

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't have the time available to participate in the excitement. It would have been better perhaps if they kept it at a household limit of 1, and maybe after a week, or so lift the limit IMO. Give people a chance to purchase one at initial price, while not enduring any cardiac trauma, anxiety attacks, or, anger...rage. :# These feelings poison the collecting well a bit.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:

I have exactly the same problem.
    In the PAYMENT METHODS section of the ORDER SUMMARY, is blank, no credit card info. That's why my credit card does not show pending transaction.

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

In the PAYMENT METHODS section of the ORDER SUMMARY, is blank, no credit card info. That's why my credit card does not show pending transaction.

I called the mint and got through... the lady couldn’t or wouldn’t understand what I was saying so I’m trying again. 😥

• CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

It’s probably what they got to do since they are not really charging just yet. Probably when they go to issue and bill out it will do the final tally! Trying to be positive to many of you have this to be a mistake.

@Coinnmore said:
    It’s probably what they got to do since they are not really charging just yet. Probably when they go to issue and bill out it will do the final tally! Trying to be positive to many of you have this to be a mistake.

Then why are some orders like this and some orders not?

@Coinnmore said:

I will call them tomorrow. It is all automatic process, if something is wrong now then something will be wrong next.

The mint needs to outsource the ordering system, customer service, and probably the IT department.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2021 3:43PM

[[A friend got an email at 2:43 today...the dreaded "Cancellation Summary"]]

[["One or more items in your order USM0959XXXX has been cancelled. I you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder. We apologize for the inconvenience."]]

OK...wait...I'm confused...how are prior orders being cancelled on the same day that the Mint sold a few more today????

Other than it being a valid credit card issue, I'd be screaming bloody murder!

@RichR said:
    [[A friend got an email at 2:43 today...the dreaded "Cancellation Summary"]]

[["One or more items in your order USM0959XXXX has been cancelled. I you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder. We apologize for the inconvenience."]]

OK...wait...I'm confused...how are prior orders being cancelled on the same day that the Mint sold a few more today????

Other than it being a valid credit card issue, I'd be screaming bloody murder!

It's s boiler plate email. I got one once and they shipped all 99 units anyway.

@Samuel8 said:
    The mint needs to outsource the ordering system, customer service, and probably the IT department.

Are you sure they don't? They've long outsourced the fulfillment services. Their customer service appears to be offsite.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

The seller clearly states in the item description that he doesn't have the coin but will mail it to NGC as soon as he receives it from the Mint.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

1-800 number and order fulfillment are already outsourced

unknown about IT systems

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@PipestonePete said:

The seller clearly states in the item description that he doesn't have the coin but will mail it to NGC as soon as he receives it from the Mint.

and it hasn't pre-sold yet

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

Are you sure they don't? They've long outsourced the fulfillment services. Their customer service appears to be offsite.

the 1-800 people are outsourced. they are in texas

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

I know they outsourced the fulfillment, I also know they "overhauled" their computer system about 10 years ago after the 25th anni set.

@Samuel8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

I know they outsourced the fulfillment, I also know they "overhauled" their computer system about 10 years ago after the 25th anni set.

they've tried to improve hordering a few times. same results, different error messages.

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@djm said:
    The release at 12:03 was so the big boys could get what they needed once the Household Limit was removed.

Yawn...

The "big boys" [bulk buyers] have a different gateway and different restrictions. They may not have even been allowed to buy today.

The really "big boys" could pre-order them and pick them up in Memphis before they even went on sale yesterday.

The Mint could have just sold them to the bulk buyers directly without removing the HHL or making them available to the public at all.

I don't know why people make stuff up.

This was not a bullion issue so the big boys did not get a special allotment.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

@blu62vette said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@djm said:
    The release at 12:03 was so the big boys could get what they needed once the Household Limit was removed.

Yawn...

The "big boys" [bulk buyers] have a different gateway and different restrictions. They may not have even been allowed to buy today.

The really "big boys" could pre-order them and pick them up in Memphis before they even went on sale yesterday.

The Mint could have just sold them to the bulk buyers directly without removing the HHL or making them available to the public at all.

Are you sure of that? At least one forum member posted otherwise. [Not that I always believe forum members, they do tend to make things up.]

The proof ASE's aren't "bullion" and they got an allotment of those.

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:
    On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being pure hatred and 1 being "that's OK" what would your feelings towards me be if I said I had 60 coins? This is a purely hypothetical poll.

I would say it depends what method you used to get them. If you used bots, I would give you a 10. If you had your family or friends helping you get the 60 coins, I would give you a 3.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.

@PipestonePete said:

People can list whatever they want. Show me something that sold.

@jmlanzaf said:

@blu62vette said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@djm said:

Yawn...

Are you sure of that? At least one forum member posted otherwise. [Not that I always believe forum members, they do tend to make things up.]

One of the big guys yesterday was throughly confused by the June 23rd in stock date. His opinion is he has no idea when they are coming. Isn't this one authorized as a commem?

The guy I am talking about had a pre allotment of the proof eagles, not on these.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:

@Coinnmore said:

Then why are some orders like this and some orders not?

You do know I clean the dirty rooms at Motel 8 right? 😗

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:

@jmlanzaf said:

"In addition, the Morgan and Peace Dollars will be included in the Mint’s recently launched Authorized Bulk Purchase Program. This new program is structured to better meet marketplace product availability on the initial on sale date by expanding the distribution of Mint products. No more than 10% of products with limited quantities will be distributed under this program."
    Source

@MetroD said:

@blu62vette said:

@jmlanzaf said:

"In addition, the Morgan and Peace Dollars will be included in the Mint’s recently launched Authorized Bulk Purchase Program. This new program is structured to better meet marketplace product availability on the initial on sale date by expanding the distribution of Mint products. No more than 10% of products with limited quantities will be distributed under this program."
    Source

Thank you!

I appreciate verification of the information as well as a source.

@MetroD said:

@blu62vette said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Source

Quite interesting. they must get an allotment but not be getting the coins as early as normal.

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf 3 so far have sold.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    One of the big guys yesterday was throughly confused by the June 23rd in stock date. His opinion is he has no idea when they are coming. Isn't this one authorized as a commem?

The guy I am talking about had a pre allotment of the proof eagles, not on these.

"While the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars coins commemorate the 100th anniversaries of each coin, they are not technically considered commemorative coins according to traditional definitions of that term. Commemorative coins, as defined in this report, by the U.S. Mint, and by the Commemorative Coin Reform Act (CCRA), are authorized by Congress to “celebrate and honor American people, places, events, and institutions” and “help raise money for important causes.”80 The 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars are differentiated from other commemorative coins because proceeds from their sale are not statutorily designated for a specific recipient group. They are solely minted to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the coins, not to raise money."
    Source

Info on the two 2021 commemorative programs can be found here.

edited May 27, 2021 5:36PM

It’s going to be a zChore to find this thread in oct

zMorgan zPeace

@MsMorrisine said:

Oh, it'll probably be closed or deleted by then..

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I tried something different this time when ordering. I had 2 browsers open, one Edge, the other Brave. Each were logged into my account. One was dedicated to the O and one to the CC. I would reload and add to cart until it took. It happened about the same time on each browser. When it refreshed, each browser was showing 2 coins, An O and a CC. I then did the same process on each browser for the checkout. Each one kept locking up until one of them went through. It was Edge that went through first and showed 1 each of the coins were ordered. Order confirmation came last night.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

[[I then did the same process on each browser for the checkout. Each one kept locking up until one of them went through. It was Edge that went through first and showed 1 each of the coins were ordered. Order confirmation came last night.]]

Unintentionally, and in a blind panic, I did the same thing, my hourglass was spinning at checkout on two browsers simultaneously...and my order went through too!

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

I'm sure there will be ten started in its place.

Many happy BST transactions

.> @cheezhed said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I'm sure there will be ten started in its place.

Not *****OFFICIAL**********

:smiley:

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    My order went from "Processing" to "Backorder" at my US Mint order history. I hope that's not bad.

Shouldn't be too bad. Mine did too and my order went through less than three minutes after they went on sale.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually on a Thursday, I'm able to be signed in and ready to go, but being on a Monday, I had to use the computer at work..ugh. And then I got held up by the boss until high noon. So starting behind the eight ball, had to sign into the mint website and hit the wall of BAD GATEWAY errors. I signed in about six times, got into the menu a couple times, had to refresh about five times, got kicked out twice, and finally got through with two of each in my bag. Then just got lucky with the purchasing part right to the end about 17 minutes past noon.

I expect a rerun of this on the next two and just watch how crazy the Peace Dollar is going to go....the log jam will be epic.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

I know it's easy for me to say, I was able to get my orders through, but there are hundreds of these on ebay and people paying $2-300, that only reinforces the flippers to order for the next round and keeps the price high for those wanting them now. If people would hold off a couple of months they would likely pay less and the flippers holding on to these would be discouraged for ordering as many in the next rounds - especially if these actually start shipping in June and they have to put out the money. Hit them where it hurts make them outlay the money and be hung with them awhile, it will bring the prices down and may shy them from ordering as many of the next ones.

@smuglr said:
    I know it's easy for me to say, I was able to get my orders through, but there are hundreds of these on ebay and people paying $2-300, that only reinforces the flippers to order for the next round and keeps the price high for those wanting them now. If people would hold off a couple of months they would likely pay less and the flippers holding on to these would be discouraged for ordering as many in the next rounds - especially if these actually start shipping in June and they have to put out the money. Hit them where it hurts make them outlay the money and be hung with them awhile, it will bring the prices down and may shy them from ordering as many of the next ones.

You can post this 100x and it won't make it any more true than it was the first time.

A couple thousand in inventory only bothers the millenial-sneaker-buyer's club flippers. A couple thousand in inventory is ONE classic coin. No flipper on this particular forum is going to panic over slow sales.

Anybody who needs a quick flip can just sell to one of the big retailers...if you really want to put more control in the hands of those folks.

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

I called the mint and got through... the lady couldn’t or wouldn’t understand what I was saying so I’m trying again. 😥

Why didn't you just ask her to add your payment info in the order?

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

You can post this 100x and it won't make it any more true than it was the first time.

A couple thousand in inventory only bothers the millenial-sneaker-buyer's club flippers. A couple thousand in inventory is ONE classic coin. No flipper on this particular forum is going to panic over slow sales.

Anybody who needs a quick flip can just sell to one of the big retailers...if you really want to put more control in the hands of those folks.

Well...it's actually a posting from last night that didn't post and I rewrote that just went through lol (I don't have the greatest internet and computer)...but I really appreciate your permission to post my opinion 100x and while $5100 in inventory may not bother you it may bother other flippers and probably not appreciated by those not lucky enough to have gotten these.

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

Why didn't you just ask her to add your payment info in the order?

I did... it wasn’t clicking. 😥

I called again and this lady said that she did see no payment method and she believes it will be canceled and she can’t do anything about it.

😭😭😭

Let me know if you hear a different answer.

I saw @jwitten said that a manager was going to call him. Hmmm.

This discussion has been closed.