Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoff Thread.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking the Browns beat the Steelers this evening and it will be Browns- Chiefs next weekend.
    And the Ravens - Bills.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I'm thinking the Browns beat the Steelers this evening and it will be Browns- Chiefs next weekend.
    And the Ravens - Bills.

Well no matter who comes to Buffalo to be the best, you have to beat the best. Last year a blown coverage cost the Bills a victory against the Ravens but the Bills defense were much stouter. They really miss Shaq Lawson and Star T. Star opted out and Shaq became a free agent. Didn’t think it would matter but it’s amazing how just one player can make that much of a difference. Bills have a no name defense that plays well together but lacks that super star.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a pizza, and I'm about to watch the Ravens vs Titans game. I'm living the good life!

• Options

I forgot how frustrating it is to just watch one game at a time. With Directv, the NFL package I have the option to watch 4 or 8 games at once. Yesterday we had 3 plays, 6 minutes of commercials, challenge, 6 minutes of commercials, injury, 6 minutes of commercials, TD, 6 minutes of commercials etc. Every Buffalo drive was so choppy they couldn’t get into their normal rhythm. It was like pulling teeth. Ugh. Very, very spoiled. Every once in awhile all 8 games are at commercial but normally there’s always action. 18 minutes of football surrounded by 3:12 minutes of commercials.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I forgot how frustrating it is to just watch one game at a time. With Directv, the NFL package I have the option to watch 4 or 8 games at once. Yesterday we had 3 plays, 6 minutes of commercials, challenge, 6 minutes of commercials, injury, 6 minutes of commercials, TD, 6 minutes of commercials etc. Every Buffalo drive was so choppy they couldn’t get into their normal rhythm. It was like pulling teeth. Ugh. Very, very spoiled. Every once in awhile all 8 games are at commercial but normally there’s always action. 18 minutes of football surrounded by 3:12 minutes of commercials.

I agree. I had the Red Zone shakes yesterday. One game at a time not how football was meant to be watched.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

It's 10-0 Titans. The Ravens need to score, they can't afford to get down big.

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 11:44AM

I check ebay during the commercials. I can't afford to miss a new Joe Louis listing. I refuse to to give my Joe Louis card competition an inch!

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 12:06PM

Damn, Jackson just torched the Titans with his legs. Touchdown Ravens. He found a hole, and bye bye.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Russell Wilson once again proved why he has never received a single vote for MVP. 11-27 and 2-14 on 3rd down. Of course it wasn’t all his fault but an MVP finds way to overcome at least a little of that.

Yes but he did win a Super Bowl in his second year. That list is a short one. He seems to be the type of guy who would rather win another Super Bowl and never get a regular season MVP vote. Hate Seattle. Love Wilson.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2021 12:45PM

Ravens touchdown. That's 17 unanswered points for the Ravens. Scoop there it is.

• Options

Titans have to settle for a field goal. The Ravens lead 17-13.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Titans have to settle for a field goal. The Ravens lead 17-13.

Big miss from Tucker. He is normally money from there.

m

• Options

Wow the Titans didn't go for it. I'm a little surprised

m

• Options

If the Ravens score a TD on this drive, the Titans are in trouble.

• Options

Tucker hits it this time, Ravens lead 20-13. This is going to be very interesting.

• Options

Titans had their chance. 8 yards on first down. Henry finally runs down hill and they throw two passes. Are you kidding? Pound Henry twice. Extremely questionable call.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

That missed Tucker field goal would have really hurt the Titans. It could be a two score game instead of a one score game.

• Options

I love NFL football. That is all

m

• Options

Now they decided to pound Henry. Why not when they were on the Ravens side of the field?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Tannehill just threw a pick. This could be it.

• Options

Great win

m

• Options

It's over. The Baltimore Ravens have defeated the Tennessee Titans.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

for my money, the most exhilarating sight in sports is when lamar when takes off like a gazelle

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 2:14PM

@galaxy27 said:
    for my money, the most exhilarating sight in sports is when lamar when takes off like a gazelle

Must see TV. There is speed and then there is speed speed

m

• Options

Best athlete on the field hands down. Not the best QB. But congratulations. He finally got off the goose egg. Steelers walk all over their little brother tonight and the Ravens, Lamar 0fer against the Chiefs

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Watching Saints vs Bears now. The Saints just scored, it's 7-0. The Bears are going to have to score some points to keep up with the Saints. This could get ugly.

• Options

javon wims just aged me 10 years

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 3:16PM

@galaxy27 said:
    javon wims just aged me 10 years

He lost it in the sun? So bad

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021 3:26PM

@2dueces said:

Agree 100%. I’m rooting for the Steelers to destroy the Browns and let the Chiefs handle the Titans. I was a nervous wreck, took half a Valium and slept through the last two games. Honestly I don’t need the wear and tear over a stupid football game.

As they say , Just enjoy the ride my friend , just enjoy the ride . I bet it felt wild to be back on that emotional rollercoaster. I'm happy for you. Love to see a Bills/Bucs SB.

Edit spelling

• Options

If the Bears beat the Saints, are the Bears going to extend Trubisky?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Tampa fan, I am all in for the Bears. It would give the Bucks a home game, and after not coming close to beating New Orleans twice, I’d love to avoid them.

Even if it all works out, the Bucks will get turned into icicles in Green Bay anyway. Brady’s blood has gotten thin from living in Florida.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    As a Tampa fan, I am all in for the Bears. It would give the Bucks a home game, and after not coming close to beating New Orleans twice, I’d love to avoid them.

Even if it all works out, the Bucks will get turned into icicles in Green Bay anyway. Brady’s blood has gotten thin from living in Florida.

I don't know, we might just see him post game saying something like playing in bad weather is like riding a bike . I never count the GOAT out until he's out. But who knows....

• Options

Oh my, tempers are flaring, Miller just got ejected for Chicago. He shoved a Saints player. That's right boys, get it out of your system, I'm watching.

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 4:50PM

Someone hide the sharp objects from galaxy

Brutal

m

• Options

I don't think the Bears are going to win this game. The Saints defense is just too much for them tonight.

• Options

Touchdown Saints. This one's over.

• Options

Bucs over Saints next weekend.

• Options

The bears tonight.

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 6:19PM

First play of the Pittsburgh. Cleveland game Oh My

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the Browns are off to a good start tonight with their defense. Fumble recovery in the zone and now an int

• Options

It's 14-0 Browns lead. This one's over. 😂😂

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 6:43PM

It't 21-0 Browns lead. I think this one really is over. I'll see everyone tomorrow, I'm hitting the hay!

• Options

BullyBall

• Options
    edited January 10, 2021 6:44PM

the bears suck, but at least they're not the pittsburgh steelers

btw is it just me or do those guys from tag team look like they are 75 years old now

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021 7:00PM

After they sustained their first loss, Pittsburgh has looked as flat as a flounder. Tonight they look like a piece of poster poster board.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF!!! :oB)

Ten minutes in, Browns up 21-0 and Steelers looking confused and shaken.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Da Browns! 28-0 first qtr, wow!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG!! OMG!! what am I watching, the Kansas City Chiefs in Browns uniforms??? :p

• Options