Options

NFL Playoff Thread.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaron Donald holy crap is he great

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    ok that prediction was a little better

boy am i glad that hail mary fell incomplete for the sake of 2dueces' health

btw #75 for Buffalo is the player of the game as far as i'm concerned

Indeed. I came out well. Colts and the points and the Bills won

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colts lost the game when they didn't kick the 3 on 4th down at the end of the 1st half.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 3:28PM

The Rams would be better off just playing D today

The Hawks need to play bully ball with Carson

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Aaron Donald holy crap is he great

m

the way you know you're a good player is if troy professes his love for you on air

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok My EKG shoes that yes I’m still alive. I tip my hat to the colts they play one hell of a game. Completely changed their offense to use 3 huge tight ends. Buffalo was just a tad better. It’s never easy in the playoffs. Took me about 20 minutes to return to normal. Now it’s home to Pittsburgh if everything plays out. Buffalo defense looked vulnerable to the run so let KC have the Titans or Ravens.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Things looked promising for the LA Rams until Wolford went down. Now it’s Goff. Other than the facts that he can’t run and can’t pass, he’s a great quarterback. Game to Seattle.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2021 3:37PM

@bronco2078 said:
    well that buffalo game was almost given away ;)

Yea, the Colts’ coach sat on his brains for most of game. There is “aggressive” and there is “stupid.” His decisions in that game were stupid. Buffalo will need to play better next time.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:

Yea, the Colts’ coach sat on his brains for most of game. There is “aggressive” and there is “stupid.” His decisions in that game were stupid. Buffalo will need to play better next time.

I was referring to the whole 39 yard sack because Allen wouldn't throw it away

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    The Rams would be better off just playing D today
    m

Dayum you are on it sir

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

you gotta have mad respect for the Rams right now

I dont think that defense cares if Jared Goff, John Wolford or Bronco Dimestartled is behind center......those guys are playing their asses off

pulling hard for hammer n hydrant's boys

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, touchdown Seattle. Now we have us a game.

• Options

Stupid challenge

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:

I was referring to the whole 39 yard sack because Allen wouldn't throw it away

I was referring to leaving three points on the table when going for the touchdown was not a good bet after they lost yardage on the third down play. There was also the first going for two play when he was down by eight. The kicker also blew a short field-goal by clanging it off the goalpost.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 4:07PM

So many great looking rookie RB's this year. Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Akers

m

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 4:38PM

@Justacommeman said:

m

I'm looking forward to watching Derrick Henry. If he stays decently healthy, I just wonder what his career numbers will look like when he retires.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 4:56PM

It looks like Aaron Donald might have just injured his ribs. He was holding his rib area. I know what rib injuries feel like, I've bruised my ribs before, and it hurt like crazy. It hurts to breathe, to move, to do anything. I hope he didn't hurt his ribs. He's on the sideline trying to breathe a deep breath, I bet it is his ribs. We'll see.

• Options

Yep, they just said it's a rib injury. I feel bad for him, I know what it's like.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It looks like Aaron Donald might have just injured his ribs. He was holding his rib area. I know what rib injuries feel like, I've bruised my ribs before, and it hurt like crazy. It hurts to breathe, to move, to do anything. I hope he didn't hurt his ribs. He's on the sideline trying to breathe a deep breath, I bet it is his ribs. We'll see.

He's got 11 others. Get back in there Aaron

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon said:

He's got 11 others. Get back in there Aaron

m

If he does, he's tough as nails, because those rib injuries are painful. I bruised my ribs and I couldn't imagine playing football. My wife was miserable because I had her doing everything for me. I even had her tying my shoes.😂😂

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 5:11PM

I'm had broken ribs and a punctured lung ( hit a tree skiing) so I hear you. Coughing and sneezing are the worst

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I'm had broken ribs and a punctured lung ( hit a tree skiing) so I hear you. Coughing and sneezing are the worst

m

I can't imagine the hell that must of been! I hated not being able to sleep on my side, I had to lay on my back and sleep. I couldn't get used to that. Aaron Donald is tough as nails, he's back in.

• Options

Nope, now Aaron Donald is headed back to the locker room.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Nope, now Aaron Donald is headed back to the locker room.

Just yank it out

m

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I'm looking forward to watching Derrick Henry. If he stays decently healthy, I just wonder what his career numbers will look like when he retires.

retires from the NFL 4 years from now all broken down ? Or the job at wendy's after that ?

• Options

Seattle just looks horrible on offense. They just coughed up the ball on the punt return.

• Options

Seattle has lost their identity on offense although in this game give the Rams the credit

m

• Options

Rams just scored. This one's over.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 5:56PM

@galaxy27 said:
    you gotta have mad respect for the Rams right now

I dont think that defense cares if Jared Goff, John Wolford or Bronco Dimestartled is behind center......those guys are playing their asses off

pulling hard for hammer n hydrant's boys

Super impressive. They could be a tough out for the Packers. The Rams are great against the pass and the Packers struggle against the run. Whitworth being back is huge.

m

• Options

Yes, you have to give credit to the Rams defense, they have played one heck of a game.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2021 6:12PM

Yeah, the Rams defense just ate Russell Wilson up. This one's history.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to 2deuces on the Bills victory. Sign of a great team is you have to win those close, tough games.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2021 6:32PM

Ok gentlemen, I'm going to watch a little bit of this Bucs game then go to bed. I've been up since 4:30 a.m. It's been a fun day watching playoff football, I can't wait until tomorrow. After such a great weekend of playoff football, I will dread going back to work on Monday. Or am I unemployed? Do I work, or could it be that all I do is hang around at home 24/7 and mess around on Ebay and the forum? Do I work, or am I unemployed? I'll never reveal the true answer to that question!

• Options

@Darin said:
    Congrats to 2deuces on the Bills victory. Sign of a great team is you have to win those close, tough games.

get a room !

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Rams might surprise some of us. being that I'm on the "old saying" roll today, the saying that running and defense wins championships applies for the Rams. Goff has taken a lot of criticism lately, but if he's healthy and manages things I think the Rams can be a Super Bowl Team.

I'm happy to see the Seahawks exit, their HC is a tool and Russell Wilson, for as good as he was out of college, isn't playing very well.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

get a room !

Hey its just nice to have a few (very few) non Patriots, non Tom Brady fans on here. And as of this year non Bucs fans.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh......Sir Goff of Wobble to the rescue! The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant says our hero, "Runs like a girl, tippy tippy toe, and throws like a girl." O.k., so she notices things. Duh.

• Options

What a great start to super playoff weekend. A huge tip of my hat to the Colts. They did beat the Packers in much the same way. What a great game plan. My Bills got exposed like they haven’t been since the Rams and Titans game. But a W is a W. My prediction for the weekend was a split. Lost on the Bills game - points and hit the teaser so no harm no foul. Congratulations to the Rams and Bucs.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2021 3:29AM

I've been up since 4:30 a.m. I can't stop waking up at 4:30 a.m., I've gotten used to it for some weird reason. Everybody else is asleep right now except me. It is now 5:28 a.m. and everyone else is asleep except me. There's nothing to do at 5:28 a.m. What am I going to do at 5:28 in the morning!

• Options

I was wasted after the Bills game. I actually snoozed off and on during the Rams game and missed most of the Bucs game. Woke up at 2:30 so here I am at 4:45 posting. I need to take it easy next week during the Bills game. Lol.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

It's about 6:28 a.m. and I got nothing to do. There's a Wal-Mart neighborhood market grocery store right across the street from me, so I'm going to walk over there and poke around a little, maybe steal an apple.

• Options

Oh man, I love Bills fans, they are hilarious. Check out this video.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to congratulate Russell Wilson for the outstanding effort in trying to not win the NFL MVP this year, early on he was well on his way but he refused to live up to the hype he gave himself of being the “Best QB in the league” Russell sure turned it around and made sure the Hawks didn’t go far into the playoffs 👍👍

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to take it easy next week during the Bills game

today, you had better be awake for the 1 o'clock game and then you can nap till the late game. if the Steelers win then the Bills will play them, if Cleveland wins it'll be the winner of the early game. after watching yesterday you should probably hope that my Brownies don't upset the Steelers, I think the Titans or Ravens will be a bit too much for the Bills defense, the Steelers not much at all.

in between those two games is when you can nap, the Bears vs. Saints should be an exercise in boredom even though home-boy Mitch Trubisky has been playing better lately.

• Options

@keets said:
    I need to take it easy next week during the Bills game

today, you had better be awake for the 1 o'clock game and then you can nap till the late game. if the Steelers win then the Bills will play them, if Cleveland wins it'll be the winner of the early game. after watching yesterday you should probably hope that my Brownies don't upset the Steelers, I think the Titans or Ravens will be a bit too much for the Bills defense, the Steelers not much at all.

in between those two games is when you can nap, the Bears vs. Saints should be an exercise in boredom even though home-boy Mitch Trubisky has been playing better lately.

Agree 100%. I’m rooting for the Steelers to destroy the Browns and let the Chiefs handle the Titans. I was a nervous wreck, took half a Valium and slept through the last two games. Honestly I don’t need the wear and tear over a stupid football game. The Bills got exposed just like they did against the Titans and the 2nd half against the Rams. Indy had an excellent game plan and without a few drops, dumb decisions and a timely offsides it could have been different. One thing that was evident Josh Allen is the real deal. He not only shone he carried 21 other players. The first half Buffalo was in a hole the whole time. Starting inside their 15 all half but he lead them on a 96 yard touchdown drive to put them up at half. Found Diggs on a perfect 50 yard TD pass to put them up 2 TDs and a rookie kickers 54 yard field goal proved to be the game winning. Maybe they got their playoff jitters behind them. A W is a W.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Russell Wilson once again proved why he has never received a single vote for MVP. 11-27 and 2-14 on 3rd down. Of course it wasn’t all his fault but an MVP finds way to overcome at least a little of that.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021 7:55AM

Taylor Heinicke ... best no-name NFL QB ever ...

Superman impression ...

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 good games yesterday (guess which one I'm saying was a snoozer).

I was really hoping the skins would have pulled it off. Got some good friends who are lifelong Washington fans so I was pulling.

And the Bills/Colts game was great. The Colts going for it at the end of the 2nd on 4th was the clincher. Was watching that game at the spot down the street and a bunch of us said that was going to be the difference instead of going for the FG.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I've been up since 4:30 a.m. I can't stop waking up at 4:30 a.m., I've gotten used to it for some weird reason. Everybody else is asleep right now except me. It is now 5:28 a.m. and everyone else is asleep except me. There's nothing to do at 5:28 a.m. What am I going to do at 5:28 in the morning!

Wash the dishes.

• Options

Apparently forgotten in the Colts lost is they match up favorably against pass first teams with their defense. They beat the Packers in much the same way. They were a preseason favorite and it turns out they deserved the accolades. Unfortunately they knocked me out of 3 survivor pools by losing to Jacksonville, their only win. Ugh. Worse yet the Rams knocked me out of my last pool by losing to the Jets, a zero win team at the time.

W.C.Fields