Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL latest news

123457»

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I thought the Packers were a legit contender this season but 2 of their last 3 games are very suspect. I think KC is going to repeat

perk- Its starting to look to me like KC and Pittsburgh in the AFC and Seattle and Tampa Bay in the NFC.
    I think of those four teams that two of them will be in the Super Bowl.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Did Jackson always have that sidearm throwing motion? It seems much more pronounced this year.

And I'll say what I've always said, the QB position must have someone who can make the D defend the entire field by being able to make all the throws. When trailing in a game, you can't expect a guy who runs first to turn on the switch and be the great passer you need in that situation.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    2deuces- I do think Lamar has gone backwards since last year. But I wouldn't give up on him yet.
    Its not like he didn't deserve the MVP last year, he was the right pick and he didn't win it just
    for his running ability.
    He seems to be properly motivated to improve his game from what I've heard him say, so I wouldn't
    count him out. So my take so far is, you may be correct but I think its too early yet to say for sure.

My favorite non Mahomes QB is Joe Burrow. Terrible offensive line, he's been sacked a ton but
    still puts up some pretty amazing numbers especially for a rookie.

I’ve not given up on him. Never had faith in him from the beginning. Yes he wants to get better. Yes he will try but this is what he’s been for 24 years. He’s a great young kid but so was Vince Young, RGIII, Slash<—-remember him? The NFL adjusts. He’ll be around for a few more years.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

Check out Slash in his younger days.

• Options

Steelers WR JuJu Smith Schuster and RB James Conner have been fined $5,000 each for wearing their socks to low.

• Options
    edited November 4, 2020 1:19PM

@2dueces said:
    Is anyone going to admit that I’ve been right about Lamar Jackson or are you still not convinced?
    Here’s my take I’ve said since the draft. You tell me.
    Baltimore will never win the Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson. Yes they’ll beat the bad team. They’ll beat some good teams. Baltimore was a playoff team when they drafted him.
    They’ll win 10,11,12 games because they are a complete team. But he can’t win from behind 0-4 since last year when trailing at half. He plays well down hill, struggling from behind on 3rd down. He’s 4 and done. He won’t get resigned by Baltimore after his rookie contract.
    Here’s the plan. Trade him, draft another runner, semi throwing QB in the 2nd, 3rd round.
    Wash , rinse, repeat.
    This is not a new statement for me. I’ve said it since the day after the draft. Kyler Murray maybe next on my radar. Thoughts? Tell me I’m nuts. Prove me wrong.

Let’s revisit the Lamar Jackson thread and I’m going to beat a dead horse one more time. When Greg Roman was in San Francisco he designed an offensive around another dynamic player. That player was on magazine covers pictured with Russell Wilson as the new faces of the NFC West. With this QB the 49ers reached the NFC championship game. For 2 years he was electric although his passing abilities came in to question. 2 years after leading his team to the championship game he lost his starting job still in Romans offense. Russell Wilson is still the face of the NFC west. Who was that electric, exciting 49ers franchise QB and where is he now?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

2deuces- I do think it will be very interesting how Lamar performs the rest of the year and
    especially against the good teams. If he falls flat on his face I will be the first to say you were right.

In your post where you mentioned Kyler Murray being next on your radar could you clarify?

• Options

@Darin said:
    2deuces- I do think it will be very interesting how Lamar performs the rest of the year and
    especially against the good teams. If he falls flat on his face I will be the first to say you were right.

In your post where you mentioned Kyler Murray being next on your radar could you clarify?

Kyler Murray is small for an NFL QB. Not just short but small frame for a running QB. He’s not a 6’5” 240lb Cam Newton or Josh Allen. You see the wear and tear on Cam after his MVP season. His body of work and film are limited but the NFL adjusts. Once the formula for stopping him is known can he adjust with it? Give him another season to see if this experiment works.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:
    I thought the Packers were a legit contender this season but 2 of their last 3 games are very suspect. I think KC is going to repeat

perk- Its starting to look to me like KC and Pittsburgh in the AFC and Seattle and Tampa Bay in the NFC.
    I think of those four teams that two of them will be in the Super Bowl.

The difference is Big Ben will probably get steamrolled and hurt before then though.

• Options

It looks like JJ Watt will not be finishing his career with Houston. He was asked about it and he said,"I'm not looking to rebuild."

https://www.nfl.com/news/j-j-watt-on-future-in-houston-i-m-not-looking-to-rebuild

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It looks like JJ Watt will not be finishing his career with Houston. He was asked about it and he said,"I'm not looking to rebuild."

https://www.nfl.com/news/j-j-watt-on-future-in-houston-i-m-not-looking-to-rebuild

Here is another guy that will get hurt after a team signs him for stupid money.

• Options

@perkdog, Yep, he stays injured, it's a shame.

• Options

Oh no! Ryan Fitzpatrick was spotted at Dolphins practice wearing a pair of booty shorts! He was wearing them because WR Isaiah Ford used to wear booty shorts in practice and Ford was traded to the Patriots, so he wanted to honor Ford by wearing booty shorts. It's not a good look Fitz, it's not a good look!

• Options

Any opinions on Miami-Arizona this week? Can’t garner much of an opinion from last week as the defense dominated the Rams. Goff was a turn over machine. I have trouble picking Miami with the little we saw of Tua. Thoughts?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

This is FoxBet odds to win the AFC East.

• Options

Arizona has some good skill players. With Murray at QB, they will be in just about every game they play, and I do think Murray makes enough plays to take out the Dolphins and Tua this week.

• Options

The Seahawks and Pete Carroll have agreed to a 4 year extension, which will make him the head coach up until 2025. He will be 74 years old when the contract expires.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2020 4:26AM

Drew Brees suffered multiple rib fractures and a collapsed lung in Sundays game against the 49ers, he will miss some time, but no word yet on how long he will be sidelined.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/drew-brees-injury-qb-reportedly-suffered-collapsed-lung-multiple-rib-fractures-latest-on-recovery-timetable/amp/

• Options

Congratulations to the Vikings and Cousins for their win over the hapless Bears. Vikings getting hot at the right time. Next 3 weeks Cowboys, Panthers and Jaguars

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The Bears are terrible. I wonder if and when they will sit Foles and try Trubitsky again?

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The Bears are terrible. I wonder if and when they will sit Foles and try Trubitsky again?

Bears 2nd half possessions
    3 and out
    3 and out
    3 and out
    3 and turnover on downs
    3 and turnover on downs
    32 yards.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The NFL passing leaders through week 10.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    The NFL passing leaders through week 10.

With the exception of the Falcons the QB’s reflect the team’s record. In some years a ton of passing yards means the team is always behind. Not so this year.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

The Bears are terrible

i said this as much, even when they were winning. their 5-1 start may have been the most misleading 5-1 start ever. the last 4 games is who they are. i said it before -- very little talent on offense outside of Allen Robinson, and that puts immense pressure on (and ultimately cracks) the decent defense they have.

when i was conducting those contests i keep thinking to myself, "i sure wish some of these guys would stop picking my team to win" :D

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

The Bears are terrible

i said this as much, even when they were winning. their 5-1 start may have been the most misleading 5-1 start ever. the last 4 games is who they are. i said it before -- very little talent on offense outside of Allen Robinson, and that puts immense pressure on (and ultimately cracks) the decent defense they have.

when i was conducting those contests i keep thinking to myself, "i sure wish some of these guys would stop picking my team to win" :D

You want them to stick with Foles or go back to Trubitsky?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 1:03PM

@perkdog said:

You want them to stick with Foles or go back to Trubitsky?

i want them to lose every game from here on out, thereby allowing them to move up the draft totem pole as high as they possibly can, then allow someone who truthfully knows how to evaluate talent to select a quarterback who will be able to take the team places. neither Ren (Foles) nor Stimpy (Trubisky) is the answer.

and btw, if you want to know how much Stimpy (Trubisky) sucks, the guy was yanked from the starting role in the middle of the Falcons game in week 3 and hasn't played since...........except for one play against the Saints in week 8 when he was brought in to run the wildcat...........and he got hurt.

(that's why he didn't come in when Foles was injured last night.)

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

The Bears are terrible

Sam Darnold is the perfect fit for Chicago. They have everything going for them. It’s a given the Jets move on from him after drafting Lawrence. If the Bears I’d gladly give a 2nd and a 3rd for him. You should be able to get a 6th for Trubisky. Admit your QB mistake and move on.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Joe Burrow tore his ACL against Washington today, he is out for the season.

• Options

That suck about Burrow. He was a breath of fresh air for Bengals fans.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully Patricia doesn't end up back on the Patriots staff.

• Options

Unless the game is postponed, the Broncos will have to play their game tomorrow without a quarterback.

All Broncos quarterbacks ruled out because of COVID-19 exposure

https://flip.it/t7fu3w

• Options
  • Options

@countdouglas, Wow, this is insane. This situation just keeps getting worse. Unbelievable.

• Options
    edited November 28, 2020 6:12PM

The NFL has the most stringent Covid testing besides maybe hospitals. 1000’s of employees tested sometimes twice a day that includes players. You would think if any segment of the population they would be exempt from California restrictions. If not them, who? People can still go stand in line at Walmart. Masks, sanitizers etc. If all these safety features don’t work what’s next?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The Broncos made a request that their assistant coaches be allowed to suit up and play quarterback today against the Saints, but the NFL has denied the request.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/29/nfl-declined-broncos-request-to-let-assistant-coaches-suit-up-and-play-qb/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Tim Tebow busy this weekend?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I was thinking John Elway might suit up

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better late than never.

• Options

I just felt he was outcoached many times. Also, there has been talent on this team but nothing good ever materialized. I thought this would happen sooner.

• Options

Oh my, here's a juicy little story coming out of Detroit, ex-Lions players are lashing out at Matt Patricia for past deeds. It would appear that Matt Patricia has rubbed a lot of players the wrong way during his Detroit tenure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/ex-lions-players-dont-hold-back-in-aftermath-of-matt-patricia-bob-quinns-firing.html?outputType=amp

• Options

Took over a team that had back to back 9-7 records. Management said that wasn’t good enough. Well should be easy to improve on his record. He was the face of a billion dollar organization and went to news briefings with his hat on backwards. That’s about all I needed to know from day 1.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@Hydrant said:

Better late than never.

Now they just need to hire Harbaugh to come full circle 👍👍