Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL latest news

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

if Bell gives the Chiefs anything, opposing teams in the playoffs will have to score a minimum of 30 points to have any chance

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew Buffalo wouldn’t sign Bell. Maybe not the most talented team but they are a team that likes each other, plays hard and surely doesn’t need a diva to screw that up.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I knew Buffalo wouldn’t sign Bell. Maybe not the most talented team but they are a team that likes each other, plays hard and surely doesn’t need a diva to screw that up.

Totally understandable. Guys like Bell and Brown are not worth the circus they bring to a grounded & stable locker room.

• Options

The annoying thing about guys like Lev Bell is they cry until they get what they want, it’s a joke

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bell will never make back the money he lost sitting out a year. A terrible business decision by he and his agent.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bell before being signed by the Chiefs....

Bell after being signed by the Chiefs....

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

another Patriot has tested positive. Have not released the name yet.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

The Chiefs are going to pay Le'Veon Bell a salary of $690,000 and $1 million in incentives. That's a far cry from the $70 million that Pittsburgh offered him when he decided to hold out and throw a tantrum.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    The Chiefs are going to pay Le'Veon Bell a salary of $690,000 and $1 million in incentives. That's a far cry from the $70 million that Pittsburgh offered him when he decided to hold out and throw a tantrum.

Like @craig44 said it was a terrible business decision. He cost himself millions and lost a full year of retirement benefits as well. The smart play was to take what Pittsburgh offered and be a well loved Pitt Legend

• Options
    edited October 17, 2020 6:31AM

@2dueces said:
    So here’s a player that had an awesome offensive line in Pittsburgh. He was one of the top running backs in the league. He had everything going for him in Pittsburgh. He sat out a year and signed with a perennial loser with a terrible offensive line and rookie quarterback. Now he’s not happy again? Surprise, surprise!! So Adam Gase, who can’t get along with any of his star players cuts him and now he gets to sign with anyone he chooses. So in the long run he gave up millions for a missed year and now will take a huge pay cut just to play again. I’m guessing he didn’t take economics in school and his wonderlic was not close to Fitzpatricks.

@perkdog I stated this a few day ago. He lost millions and a career. AB and Bell always got their way in life and when they got to Pittsburgh they didn’t like that the organization came first. They thought that Pittsburgh was somehow different than the rest of the NFL. We’ll surprise gentlemen. You are no longer the most important person in the room. No one is taking your college exams. No one is telling you that you’re the greatest. You’re just part of a business. Both learned a multi million dollar lesson.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

100% correct @2dueces

• Options

NFL prediction.
    This is the week the Jets lay down completely for Adam Gase. Welcome an interim head coach for the Jets Monday.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    This is the week the Jets lay down completely for Adam Gase. Welcome an interim head coach for the Jets Monday.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

Ofcourse Ryan Fitzpatrick is the wild card, he might make it do the Jets win with erratic play. He is due for a 5 pick day...

• Options

@perkdog said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

Ofcourse Ryan Fitzpatrick is the wild card, he might make it do the Jets win with erratic play. He is due for a 5 pick day...

Oh don't worry, if I know Ryan Fitzpatrick, and I'm pretty sure I do, he'll return to his stinky ways soon enough.

• Options

I have to say though, Fitzpatrick is doing good for now, but rest assured, he have that 10 pick game soon enough.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

Knowing his history it’s usually after he signs a mega deal. I looked. Not this week yet. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2020 6:38AM

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

Probably won’t matter what Fitz does. Jets tank. Trevor Lawrence is on the phone. Unfortunately for Darnold he’ll be under center somewhere else next year. Another year of stunted growth.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

The fight for the first pick will be between Atlanta and the Jets. Won't be surprised to watch Atlanta start to get rid of players at the deadline, as this season is already shot.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2020 11:53AM
  • Options

Adam Gase still has his job? Every week he hangs on I’m wrong? I predicted the Dolphins 38-7 and the unemployment line.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

That was the kind of wager I like. Smoking a victory cigar by halftime.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    NFL prediction.
    Dolphins 38 Jets 7

Probably a smart bet

That was the kind of wager I like. Smoking a victory cigar by halftime.

Wish I could relate 😂

• Options
    edited October 19, 2020 5:22PM

So after having a top 5 defense for 3 years in a row the emphasis was on getting some weapons for Josh Allen in Buffalo. I don’t want to say the defense was ignored as McDermitt brought in a bunch of new faces. But it’s apparent more than ever the loss of Shaq Lawson, free agency, Star Lotulelei, Opt out and Lorenzo Alexander, retirement that now it’s the defense that has become a liability. McDermitt had to starter, Trent Murphy DE and Harrison Phillips DT, both starters as healthy scratches in a huge Monday night game. Tonight and last week exposed some gaping holes and weaknesses. Shaq Lawson along with Jerry Hughes were their only real pass rushers. A lot of sacks last year came from corners or safety blitzes but with the problems in coverage I haven’t seen many of those blitzes. I thought the Bills were one or two players away from greatness but with the age on the DL I think it might still be a few years away. Might have to retool the defense or schemes because this isn’t last year’s defense. 4-2 with the Jets and Patriots next is no time to panic but the Bills aren’t there yet.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    So after having a top 5 defense for 3 years in a row the emphasis was on getting some weapons for Josh Allen in Buffalo. I don’t want to say the defense was ignored as McDermitt brought in a bunch of new faces. But it’s apparent more than ever the loss of Shaq Lawson, free agency, Star Lotulelei, Opt out and Lorenzo Alexander, retirement that now it’s the defense that has become a liability. McDermitt had to starter, Trent Murphy DE and Harrison Phillips DT, both starters as healthy scratches in a huge Monday night game. Tonight and last week exposed some gaping holes and weaknesses. Shaq Lawson along with Jerry Hughes were their only real pass rushers. A lot of sacks last year came from corners or safety blitzes but with the problems in coverage I haven’t seen many of those blitzes. I thought the Bills were one or two players away from greatness but with the age on the DL I think it might still be a few years away. Might have to retool the defense or schemes because this isn’t last year’s defense. 4-2 with the Jets and Patriots next is no time to panic but the Bills aren’t there yet.

There'll be growing pains, but overall your team is on a good upward trajectory. A young QB has to take done Ls on the way. Hoping my Pats get the wildcard!!

• Options
    edited October 20, 2020 11:09AM

@stevek Where’s dime man when you need him on Tuesday after a blowout loss?
    The headlines tomorrow read. “Dallas trades Andy Dalton to Kansas City for Patrick Mahomes , Tyreek Hill and Kansas City’s #1 draft choices in 2021 thru 2025.
    T-shirt and Jersey sales are down this year and the NFL MUST!! take action immediately!!
    Hershel Walker commented on the news. “They should have held out for 22 players like the trade for me. Andy Dalton will take Kansas City to a Super Bowl. I hear he has a big SUV.”

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dime man had to suffer through that loss and suffer through listening to his boy Troy Aikmann.

On another note, KCs rookie back from LSU had an impressive game against the Bills.

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    Dime man had to suffer through that loss and suffer through listening to his boy Troy Aikmann.

On another note, KCs rookie back from LSU had an impressive game against the Bills.

Yeah what an idiotic comment from a couple of morons in the booth. Love to be a fly on the wall in a couple of weeks. I’d lay out all the sharp instruments in a row in every room. Stupid is as stupid does.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

54 pass attempts for under 275 yards is kinda impressive, just not in a good way.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@Goldenage said:

Yeah what an idiotic comment from a couple of morons in the booth. Love to be a fly on the wall in a couple of weeks. I’d lay out all the sharp instruments in a row in every room. Stupid is as stupid does.

😂😂😂😂. I like the way you think 👍👍🍻

• Options

Dimeman and Dallas is getting a quick reminder as to why Dalton sucks

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    The headlines tomorrow read. “Dallas trades Andy Dalton to Kansas City for Patrick Mahomes , Tyreek Hill and Kansas City’s #1 draft choices in 2021 thru 2025.
    T-shirt and Jersey sales are down this year and the NFL MUST!! take action immediately!!
    Hershel Walker commented on the news. “They should have held out for 22 players like the trade for me. Andy Dalton will take Kansas City to a Super Bowl. I hear he has a big SUV.”

Zeke lost two fumbles. Players such as that are supposed to step it up by example when their star quarterback goes down. That certainly wasn't a very good example.

Looks like the Eagles and Cowboys will be fighting it out the rest of the season for the NFC Least title and the honor of being beat in the first playoff game. :p

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I thought Andy Dalton was done a few years back in Cinci. Thought he'd be ok as a backup if he had to start a game or two, but this is a real problem for the Cowboys. He's just not good when the rush gets near him and we saw that last night. With the Dallas D giving up yards and points by the bushel, I don't know how they will win many more games.

• Options

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

Zeke lost two fumbles. Players such as that are supposed to step it up by example when their star quarterback goes down. That certainly wasn't a very good example.

Looks like the Eagles and Cowboys will be fighting it out the rest of the season for the NFC Least title and the honor of being beat in the first playoff game. :p

His contract is $90M. Derrick Henry, $50M.
    Who carries the team on their back or at least for a couple hundred yards in clutch games

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Cowboys could have every Hall of Famer they've ever had on the offensive side of the ball and they'd still be in trouble, because their defense is a sieve

they have given up 216 points in 6 games. for those too tired to divide, that is 36 POINTS PER GAME ON AVERAGE

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    the Cowboys could have every Hall of Famer they've ever had on the offensive side of the ball and they'd still be in trouble, because their defense is a sieve

they have given up 216 points in 6 games. for those too tired to divide, that is 36 POINTS PER GAME ON AVERAGE

Yea it defines horrendous

• Options

The only other team in the Super Bowl era to give up 36 points a game in their first 6 games were the 2009 49ers coached by MIKE NOLAN. 😝

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2020 4:42PM

The New York Jets blanked by Fitz 24-0 are 13 point underdog to the Bills this week. Honestly after Buffalo embarrassed by Tennessee and run all over by Kansas City I don’t think the line is or can be high enough. If you ever need to schedule a get right game the Jets are what the doctor ordered. Buffalo lays 41 on the Jets.
    Week 8 futures have the Chiefs a 21 point favorite against the Jets and Vegas still can’t get enough action on the Jets to justify the line. I see it move to 23 or 24 by game time.
    Speaking of week 8. The Patriots come to Buffalo for what was supposed to be an epic match up for the division. If the Niners beat New England week 7, the 2-4 Patriots limp in to face the 5-2 Bills. New England now in 3rd behind the Bills and Dolphins have figured out why Newton stayed unsigned through out the summer. His accuracy again has reared its ugly head and his lack of weapons were exposed against a less than stellar Broncos defense. The Patriots lost to a team that score ZERO touchdowns. Let that sink in.
    It’s going to be a long year for Pats fans and from a Bills fan, I say finally.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I figured Newton's inaccuracy would eventually come into play. I witnessed it in Carolina over and over again, and I figured it was only a matter of time.

• Options

@2dueces said:

Speaking of week 8. The Patriots come to Buffalo for what was supposed to be an epic match up for the division. If the Niners beat New England week 7, the 2-4 Patriots limp in to face the 5-2 Bills. New England now in 3rd behind the Bills and Dolphins have figured out why Newton stayed unsigned through out the summer. His accuracy again has reared its ugly head and his lack of weapons were exposed against a less than stellar Broncos defense. The Patriots lost to a team that score ZERO touchdowns. Let that sink in.

What exactly are you trying to say? :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Go pats? 😂😂😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Go pats? 😂😂😂

I'm sorry if that was the direction you were going. Love the film noir look regardless. I might be a big Bogey fan ;)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

There'll be growing pains, but overall your team is on a good upward trajectory. A young QB has to take done Ls on the way. Hoping my Pats get the wildcard!!

Even Mahomes had to take losses from the Brady led Pats. Glad that's a thing of the past! :)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Even Mahomes had to take losses from the Brady led Pats. Glad that's a thing of the past! :)

Yes the Pats have had their time in the sun. It’s all good

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Yes the Pats have had their time in the sun. It’s all good

Yup.

28-3

It's all gravy.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

Go pats? 😂😂😂

I'm sorry if that was the direction you were going. Love the film noir look regardless. I might be a big Bogey fan ;)

Tip of the hat.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Well, apparently there is a stink coming out of Dallas. The players are starting to voice discontent towards Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff. NFL Network's Jane Slater reports that two unnamed Dallas players have voiced anger to her towards the Dallas coaching staff. One player told her, "Mike McCarthy's staff is totally unprepared. They don't teach. They don't have any sense of adjusting on the fly." Another player told her, "They just aren't good at their jobs."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/cowboys-players-express-discontent-with-coaches-after-2-4-start

• Options

Not one player had the b*lls to put his name to it.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    The New York Jets blanked by Fitz 24-0 are 13 point underdog to the Bills this week. Honestly after Buffalo embarrassed by Tennessee and run all over by Kansas City I don’t think the line is or can be high enough. If you ever need to schedule a get right game the Jets are what the doctor ordered. Buffalo lays 41 on the Jets.
    Week 8 futures have the Chiefs a 21 point favorite against the Jets and Vegas still can’t get enough action on the Jets to justify the line. I see it move to 23 or 24 by game time.

i dont see this as Cam's fault. We had to listen how last year was all Brady's fault he wasn't doing enough to help the receivers but the same group sucks with Cam.

This is all Bill's fault or Kraft , whoever is the cheapskate that lets guys walk over money and then thinks a 7th rounder will do the trick.

Edelman isn't any good now either

Bill is a douchebag

• Options

As we all know, Miami is benching Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tua will be taking over. Ryan Fitzpatrick has made a statement about his being benched for Tua.