Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL latest news

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the lock of the week is Indianapolis-1 at Cleveland. I’m looking for a let down from a huge victory over the Cowboys last week. Make no mistakes Indianapolis’s defense is not Dallas. Rivers is releasing the ball in under 3 seconds. No more holding it forever like with the Chargers.
    31-17 Indy.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

The Titans had no new positives today so the Tuesday game might just happen. Looking at the players on the Covid list are both starting wide receivers and the blocking TE. 2 starting interior DL and a starting CB also will miss the game. Tennessee comes in 3-0 but the teams played are 3-9 and they won by a total of 5 points combined in those 3 victories. Derrick Henry is a historic slow starter and his huge games come late in the season when defenses are gassed. I don’t see anyway they keep up with the Bills Tuesday. Buffalo defense hasn’t been up to their 2019 performance but showed that magic in the 2nd half last week with 2 turnovers, a 4th and 1 stop and 2 sacks. I don’t see this even close. Buffalo hangs 34 points on the Titans Tuesday.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL Network inside extraordinare Ian Rapoport has been suspended until October 22nd due to something he posted on social media. He posted an advertisement for the Manscape Lawn Mower electric groin hair groomer. It is an electric har shaver for your groin. The motto for the product is, "The perfect tool for your crown jewels". This is a ridiculous story, but it's true. Follow ye olde link to read about it. 😂😂😂😂 https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/10/10/nfl-networks-ian-rapoport-suspended-for-manscaping-post/amp/

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just in.
    Tom Brady reportedly showed up late for a team meeting, telling his coaches
    he thought the meeting started at 4 pm, even holding up 4 fingers to get his point across,
    whereby the staff assured him that the meeting did indeed begin at 3 pm as he
    and his teammates were previously told.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    The NFL Network inside extraordinare Ian Rapoport has been suspended until October 22nd due to something he posted on social media. He posted an advertisement for the Manscape Lawn Mower electric groin hair groomer. It is an electric har shaver for your groin. The motto for the product is, "The perfect tool for your crown jewels". This is a ridiculous story, but it's true. Follow ye olde link to read about it. 😂😂😂😂 https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/10/10/nfl-networks-ian-rapoport-suspended-for-manscaping-post/amp/

Is it April 1st?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Is it April 1st?

😂😂😂😂 This is no April Fools joke, Ian Rapoport actually did this .

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Is it April 1st?

An idiot on local sports talk radio reads ads for this thing every half hour

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Is it April 1st?

An idiot on local sports talk radio reads ads for this thing every half hour

Just the thought of that thing makes me want to puke. It's a disgusting tool. Disgusting! I'd rather walk around looking like bigfoot than have that thing sitting in my home!

• Options

@doubledragon
    We can’t have that! I’m sending you a coupon for a free Bikini Wax with your next hair cut.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon
    We can’t have that! I’m sending you a coupon for a free Bikini Wax with your next hair cut.

Ok, but send one for my cat fluffy also. She's long over due a good bikini wax!

• Options
    edited October 11, 2020 6:18AM

My cat, Rapper Max approves. BTW, that’s my diamond and gold 22 from my playing days that Max wears when he’s cutting a new rap album.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

My cat, Rapper Max approves. BTW, that’s my diamond and gold 22 from my playing days that Max wears when he’s cutting a new rap album.

That is one cool looking cat! Now all he needs is a mansion. 😂😂😂

• Options

Something is brewing in Atlanta, more to come this week.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Something is brewing in Atlanta, more to come this week.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon

Ok, but send one for my cat fluffy also. She's long over due a good bikini wax!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

Colts head coach Frank Reich dismisses the suggestion of starting Jacoby Brissett instead of Philip River.

Frank Reich: "The quarterback situation is the least of our worries, Philip is our quarterback."

• Options

It's pretty obvious that Arthur Blank is fed up with the Falcons bumbling ways. When asked about Matt Ryan's future as the Falcons quarterback, Arthur Blank said, "the team will have to see."

• Options

The Falcons have no reason to be so awful on Offense, with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley they should be able to move the ball. They need an Offensive Coordinator that knows what he is doing.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The Falcons have no reason to be so awful on Offense, with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley they should be able to move the ball. They need an Offensive Coordinator that knows what he is doing.

Exactly, way too much talent to be so bad. It's time for a little house cleaning down there in Georgia.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2020 11:38AM

In other news, the Jets are looking to trade Le'Veon Bell. It is being reported that Bell is not happy at all with his role in Adam Gase's offense and believes that Gase is misusing him.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    In other news, the Jets are looking to trade Le'Veon Bell. It is being reported that Bell is not happy at all with his role in Adam Gase's offense and believes that Gase is misusing him.

If he’d sign with Buffalo for less than $5M and screws his head on right Buffalo is one bruising back closer. Zack Moss may be it but with him being injured (turf toe) I take a L. Bell if he added and didn’t distract from the team chemistry. Of course this won’t ever happen. How about Derek Henry? Lol

W.C.Fields
  • Options

No right to complain because Tennessee has had 2 practices since September 29th but Buffalo will be without John Brown, Tre White, Matt Milano and Zach Moss. Expect to see a heavy dose of Josh Norman ( what a great offseason pick up) Gabriel Davis R WR who has been balling out and Isaiah McKenzie. Devin Singletary break out game as Tennessee is allowing 170 yards per game on the ground. Josh Allen continues his MVP March.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

If he’d sign with Buffalo for less than $5M and screws his head on right Buffalo is one bruising back closer. Zack Moss may be it but with him being injured (turf toe) I take a L. Bell if he added and didn’t distract from the team chemistry. Of course this won’t ever happen. How about Derek Henry? Lol

That would be my concern, team chemistry, but you're right, he would be a great addition if he joined the Bills, if he can behave.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    No right to complain because Tennessee has had 2 practices since September 29th but Buffalo will be without John Brown, Tre White, Matt Milano and Zach Moss. Expect to see a heavy dose of Josh Norman ( what a great offseason pick up) Gabriel Davis R WR who has been balling out and Isaiah McKenzie. Devin Singletary break out game as Tennessee is allowing 170 yards per game on the ground. Josh Allen continues his MVP March.

norman got a heavy dose of being pushed over with one hand :D

• Options

BREAKING NEWS: The New York Jets just released Le'Veon Bell, and they said about the release:

Jets: "No player is bigger than the team."

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

i can envision Bell joining either my team or Arizona

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    BREAKING NEWS: The New York Jets just released Le'Veon Bell, and they said about the release:

Jets: "No player is bigger than the team."

As much as a joke as the Jets are I absolutely respect them for releasing him after his social media nonsense

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i can envision Bell joining either my team or Arizona

or Buffalo

• Options
    edited October 13, 2020 7:10PM

I remember when Bell held out on the Steelers, just abandoned his teammates. That was unacceptable.

• Options

either derrick henry is stronger than i thought or josh norman weighs 5 pounds

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    either derrick henry is stronger than i thought or josh norman weighs 5 pounds

I saw that last night, he just manhandled Norman!

• Options
    edited October 14, 2020 10:44AM

Here are the NFL power rankings after week 5:

1. Packers
    2. Steelers
    3. Seahawks
    4. Chiefs
    5. Ravens
    6. Browns
    7. Titans
    8. Bills
    9. Bears
    10. Rams
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Henry is that strong, was a beast watching him at Bama.

• Options

Old NFL saying. No team is as good or bad as their last game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Le'Veon Bell will be deciding on which of five teams to join either tonight or tomorrow. According to reports, the Bears are one of the teams with good odds.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2020/10/14/reports-leveon-bell-deciding-among-five-teams-tonight-or-tomorrow-bears-among-them/

• Options

I say Philly grabs him, they love their big name free agent running backs

• Options

I could definately see him going to Philly. Matt Nagy was asked about Bell and he said "He's a good running back, I'll leave it up to Ryan Pace to decide."

• Options

He might join Earl Thomas at McDonald’s

W.C.Fields
  • Options

It's now being reported that Bell is going to choose between the Bills, Dolphins, and Chiefs!

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 11:00AM

According to reports, Le'veon Bell is dropping hints on his Twitter account that he may be going to the Chiefs, he just followed Patrick Mahomes on Twitter!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Bell the player even worth all this media coverage? seems his y/c has really tanked this year

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 11:22AM

@craig44 said:
    Is Bell the player even worth all this media coverage? seems his y/c has really tanked this year

The media just loves it, they eat it up. They love his shenanigans. They just can't seem to get enough, even though they hate eachother!

• Options

So here’s a player that had an awesome offensive line in Pittsburgh. He was one of the top running backs in the league. He had everything going for him in Pittsburgh. He sat out a year and signed with a perennial loser with a terrible offensive line and rookie quarterback. Now he’s not happy again? Surprise, surprise!! So Adam Gase, who can’t get along with any of his star players cuts him and now he gets to sign with anyone he chooses. So in the long run he gave up millions for a missed year and now will take a huge pay cut just to play again. I’m guessing he didn’t take economics in school and his wonderlic was not close to Fitzpatricks.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    So here’s a player that had an awesome offensive line in Pittsburgh. He was one of the top running backs in the league. He had everything going for him in Pittsburgh. He sat out a year and signed with a perennial loser with a terrible offensive line and rookie quarterback. Now he’s not happy again? Surprise, surprise!! So Adam Gase, who can’t get along with any of his star players cuts him and now he gets to sign with anyone he chooses. So in the long run he gave up millions for a missed year and now will take a huge pay cut just to play again. I’m guessing he didn’t take economics in school and his wonderlic was not close to Fitzpatricks.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2913366-leveon-bells-career-earnings-after-early-release-from-jets-contract.amp.html

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 11:52AM

@countdouglas said:

@2dueces said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2913366-leveon-bells-career-earnings-after-early-release-from-jets-contract.amp.html

That’s very misleading. Everyone plays on a rookie contract. So what? He would have sign a huge deal with Pittsburgh and got paid the year he was off and not looked like the a**h*** he is. I hope he joins Earl Thomas at Burger King. They can cut lettuce and tomatoes together.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Earl Thomas =

"Number 67, family feast."

• Options

Le'Veon Bell is always whining about money, heck, I wish I made half of what he does. The landlord is always after me!

• Options

No matter which way you cut it, Bell would have been far better off keeping his mouth shut and staying put in Pittsburgh. Same with AB. Both are complete idiots

• Options
    edited October 15, 2020 4:23PM

BREAKING NEWS!!

Le'Veon Bell is going to the Chiefs, it will be a one year deal.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    BREAKING NEWS!!

Le'Veon Bell is going to the Chiefs, it will be a one year deal.

That’s a big deal for fantasy owners, huge for me since I didn’t want him going to Miami because I got Gaskins