Home Sports Talk

NFL latest news

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    🤔

Why not Mitch Trubisky? Chicago unloads a turd and Dallas gets another former starter.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it hilarious that Fitzmagic was doing a fist pump when Tua entered the game and then cry’s when he finds out that Tua has now replaced him lol

@perkdog said:
    I find it hilarious that Fitzmagic was doing a fist pump when Tua entered the game and then cry’s when he finds out that Tua has now replaced him lol

I think it’s the biggest mistake they could make. Here’s why. Miami is 3-3. All the sudden Buffalo looks vulnerable at 5-2.
    They play NE and could easily drop to 5-3.
    The Rams come to Miami Sunday after completely overwhelming a veteran QB on a 5-1 team holding Chicago to 3 offensive points. You’re throwing Tua out there because? Only one reason I can think of that makes sense. You are building a team and you want your franchise QB ready when the team comes together. So this is a 2-3 year project. How’s that make the veterans on this team feel when some or most won’t be there 2-3 years from now?
    Fitzmagic is your best option to win now. He’s a veteran, reads defenses and won’t get killed. I don’t get it? Rams -4??? Lol. I don’t have to tell you who I’m wagering on this weekend.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

I think it’s the biggest mistake they could make. Here’s why. Miami is 3-3. All the sudden Buffalo looks vulnerable at 5-2.
    The Rams come to Miami Sunday after completely overwhelming a veteran QB on a 5-1 team holding Chicago to 3 offensive points. You’re throwing Tua out there because? Only one reason I can think of that makes sense. You are building a team and you want your franchise QB ready when the team comes together. So this is a 2-3 year project. How’s that make the veterans on this team feel when some or most won’t be there 2-3 years from now?
    Fitzmagic is your best option to win now. He’s a veteran, reads defenses and won’t get killed. I don’t get it? Rams -4??? Lol. I don’t have to tell you who I’m wagering on this weekend.

buffalo and the dolphins will finish ahead of the patriots in the division this year

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find this to be interesting. What we're looking at here is the NFL's passing leaders through week 7.

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

It’s because Fitzmagic is a proven loser. Not a bad guy probably but as far as his ability to lead a team he is not the guy. Tua gives them a better chance and why not get him groomed, it’s not like the line is so bad he will get beat down like David Carr his rookie season

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

It’s because Fitzmagic is a proven loser. Not a bad guy probably but as far as his ability to lead a team he is not the guy. Tua gives them a better chance and why not get him groomed, it’s not like the line is so bad he will get beat down like David Carr his rookie season

I’m sure he is the future. I’m not sure starting again Aaron Donald is the game to pick. We’ll see.

W.C.Fields

The Cowboys have traded DE Everson Griffen to the Lions in exchange for draft pick compensation.

And the leaker is exposed and the fire sale begins.

W.C.Fields
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

their cap situation can't be good right? Paying Elliot, Cooper, Dak....how do they intend to upgrade the D?

Zeke and Cooper aren’t expendable. When you’re about to go 2-14 every thing must go. It’s Crazy Eddie’s!!

W.C.Fields
    edited October 28, 2020 3:01AM

Trevor Lawrence doesn't completely rule out staying at Clemson one more year. It's probably the thought of playing for the Jets that has him thinking twice. 🤗

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30203144/clemson-tigers-qb-trevor-lawrence-hints-staying-senior-season-rather-opting-nfl-draft?platform=amp

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys would be best served by trading Cooper over Gallup, but I have a feeling that they would end up using Gallup in a trade over Cooper.

The Cowboys have told DT Dontari Poe and CB Daryl Worley that they will be released if they can't be traded today. Man, they are starting to clean house in Dallas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/report-cowboys-to-trade-or-cut-dt-dontari-poe-cb-daryl-worley-on-wednesday-142255694.html

@doubledragon said:
    The Cowboys have told DT Dontari Poe and CB Daryl Worley that they will be released if they can't be traded today. Man, they are starting to clean house in Dallas.

I just saw that. Looks like everyone is the defense is fair game.

@JRR300 said:

@doubledragon said:

Also rumor is Cooper IS available

W.C.Fields

I wouldn’t mind seeing Poe to the Bills for the league minimum. $9M??? Jerry Jones at his finest

W.C.Fields
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:

@doubledragon said:

they can save money by only running 6 defenders out there no one would even notice !

@stevek So I’ve looked long at hard at the Eagles-Cowboys match up Sunday night. Actually only had to look at the Cowboys side for 8.2 seconds. My conclusion. They suck.
    Now on to the Eagles. Is it the water? Trainer? Conditioning or just plain shotty luck? For the last 3 years dating back to the Wentz injury this team needs their own Emergency Room. I won’t list all the wounded, not enough paper.
    If you throw out the Washington game, Covid, no practice, taking the lightly this team is really a good team.
    They tied Cincinnati. Well the Browns beat the with 18 seconds left. Joe Burrows is balling. No disgrace there. The losses:
    Pittsburgh <—- hasn’t everyone?
    Baltimore <— hasn’t everyone besides KC
    Rams<—— did you see Monday night?

They can prove or start to prove Sunday, yes they really are a good football team by dispatching Dallas early and often.
    The Eagles win the division IF they get healthy and get on a roll by week 10.
    I’m not giving away any secrets here who I picking but if the line stays at -7.5 I’m laying 100 on the Eagles and lighting my cigar at halftime.

W.C.Fields

I believe it was the Ravens game where the team they ended with on offense had two starters from their projected starting team at the beginning of the season, Wentz and Kelce. When you think in that light, it's utterly amazing that the game was that close......hell a 2 point conversion away from tying the game. Sound like they are close to getting some players back. Do you play them this week with the bye coming or give them the additional rest and (hopefully) be fully healed after the bye?

@JRR300 said:
    I believe it was the Ravens game where the team they ended with on offense had two starters from their projected starting team at the beginning of the season, Wentz and Kelce. When you think in that light, it's utterly amazing that the game was that close......hell a 2 point conversion away from tying the game. Sound like they are close to getting some players back. Do you play them this week with the bye coming or give them the additional rest and (hopefully) be fully healed after the bye?

I play any team against the Cowboys under 10 points until proven wrong. Last week Washington was my #1 play with the under in that game. I was smoking my victory cigar after the score was 9-0.

W.C.Fields

The Bengals are trading DE Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks for offensive lineman B.J. Finney and a 7th round draft pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Last Sunday, Carlos Dunlap became frustrated with the Bengals defensive coaches and got into a heated argument on the sidelines with the coaching staff. After that loss last Sunday, Dunlap announced on Twitter that his home was up for sale in Cincinnati. I bet this trade has a lot to do with that drama last Sunday.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    @stevek So I’ve looked long at hard at the Eagles-Cowboys match up Sunday night. Actually only had to look at the Cowboys side for 8.2 seconds. My conclusion. They suck.
    Now on to the Eagles. Is it the water? Trainer? Conditioning or just plain shotty luck? For the last 3 years dating back to the Wentz injury this team needs their own Emergency Room. I won’t list all the wounded, not enough paper.
    If you throw out the Washington game, Covid, no practice, taking the lightly this team is really a good team.
    They tied Cincinnati. Well the Browns beat the with 18 seconds left. Joe Burrows is balling. No disgrace there. The losses:
    Pittsburgh <—- hasn’t everyone?
    Baltimore <— hasn’t everyone besides KC
    Rams<—— did you see Monday night?

They can prove or start to prove Sunday, yes they really are a good football team by dispatching Dallas early and often.
    The Eagles win the division IF they get healthy and get on a roll by week 10.
    I’m not giving away any secrets here who I picking but if the line stays at -7.5 I’m laying 100 on the Eagles and lighting my cigar at halftime.

Tough game to handicap against the spread, as they all are. I read one time where against the spread in the NFL, i think it was a twenty year study, that favorites won 49.9 percent of the time, and dogs 50.1 percent of the time...again, against the spread. So in the long run, it's a coin flip picking games against the spread.

I think the Eagles find a way to win this game. However it wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys bounce back from two straight putrid performances, and possibly make it a close game. Of course if Zeke can't hold on to the football or the rookie QB completes passes to the Eagles secondary, then it could get ugly.

Good luck!

Chiefs-Jets -19.5
    Double digit favorites are exactly 50-50 over the history of the league. It’s a large sample group. Can’t remember the exact #’s but I believe it’s over 300 games. I’m not amazed at that # as I’ve always liked dogs. This year it does seem favorites have an edge though.

W.C.Fields

Bruce Arians says Antonio Brown "looked fantastic" durung first workout with the Bucs.

He can't wait to see that Buccaneer booty twerking in the endzone.

@bronco2078 said:

@JRR300 said:

@doubledragon said:

they can save money by only running 6 defenders out there no one would even notice !

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@doubledragon said:
    Bruce Arians says Antonio Brown "looked fantastic" durung first workout with the Bucs.

He can't wait to see that Buccaneer booty twerking in the endzone.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@doubledragon New Avatar! I almost didn't recognize you.......

looks like no new Dallas trades to report. Did they wind up cutting Poe?

@JRR300 said:
    looks like no new Dallas trades to report. Did they wind up cutting Poe?

Yes

W.C.Fields

@thisistheshow said:

Yeah, I switched to a rare picture that was snapped in Spain of an abominable snowman, just in case you guys are wondering what it is. 😂😂

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yeah, I switched to a rare picture that was snapped in Spain of an abominable snowman, just in case you guys are wondering what it is. 😂😂

I'm usually on mobile. Avatar is small. But for some reason, between your last avatar and the arrow, I put two and two together and just knew that that's what it is 🤣🤣

Daryl Worley, the cornerback who was cut by the Cowboys, is going to meet with the Buffalo Bills.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/01/daryl-worley-to-visit-with-bills/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Josh Norman has been nursing injuries and Wallace is just coming back from an ankle injury. Bills are thin at corners. Maybe a different scheme helps Worley and the Bills.

W.C.Fields

Patriots-Bills
    Gilmore and Edelman are out. Cam Newton looks like a shell of himself
    40 degrees and 20-30 MPH swirling winds.
    The Patriots roster looks like a 1A college team.
    The Bills are finally relatively healthy.
    The game is played in Buffalo. If the Bills win this game you can almost pencil them in as division winners. Almost. There will never be a better chance for Josh Allen 0-3
    Or Sean McDermitt 0-6 against the Patriots to finally rid the ghosts of New England. This is a game the Bills should win.
    If the Bills lose this game they don’t deserve to be a top 10 team. They don’t deserve all the praise I laid on them since last year. They will go no where and it’s again another season of wait until next year.
    Yeah I understand they will be 5-3. 24 other teams would love to say that. Yes I understand they still will be atop the division. That’s not good enough this year. That’s shows me they have made little progress.
    What I expect. With the weather the Patriots are going to pound the ball against a run defense that’s has been shaky at best and terrible at times. If they stop the run Cam is throwing to guys named Gunner.
    The Bills will try to run also. Quick screens and short crosses. John Brown is back, the speed at receiver but is he 100%? Can Allen throw long in this wind? No Gilmore means Diggs has no top CB on him. He will have 7-8 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TD’s.
    If there were ever a must win game in week 8 this is it. The fall of the Patriots dynasty and a new division champion or the same old disappointment for Bills Mafia.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces, You've got me pumped up about the Bills vs Patriots game!

I think the Bills will win, but I also thought that last year when the Bills played the Pats at home. This game has to be weighing heavily on the Buffalo players. Halloween was yesterday, so the ghosts of years past should be gone.

Dueces, good luck to your Bills today!!!

I have to mention this game
    Ravens-Steelers
    Ravens are 0-4 since last year trailing at half. Undefeated when ahead.
    The Steelers are 6-0 with the #1 defense and a QB who has released the ball in 2.6 seconds. Last year Jackson, with Big Ben, threw 3 interceptions.
    Now comes the beautiful part of this. The Steelers are a 4 point underdog?? Undefeated and an underdog? Oh please!
    If you, like me, love teasers you must run, not walk to the window and play the Steelers +10 in every teaser today. Me? I’m playing them with:
    Packers even
    Rams+2.5
    Eagles-4

When, not if, the Ravens are down 10 points at half, light up and smoke your victory cigar.

W.C.Fields

Not a big Jackson fan...I'll start out with that fact. But like you said above, how can the Steelers be 4.5 point underdogs???? The home field with minimal fans certainly doesn't deserve the 2 or 3 point bump home team typically get. Oddsmakers are normally not off when they put up the lines. To me something smells here. I'll just see how this plays out.

@JRR300 said:
    Not a big Jackson fan...I'll start out with that fact. But like you said above, how can the Steelers be 4.5 point underdogs???? The home field with minimal fans certainly doesn't deserve the 2 or 3 point bump home team typically get. Oddsmakers are normally not off when they put up the lines. To me something smells here. I'll just see how this plays out.

Because everyone is enamored with Jackson. Nothing more, nothing less. Vegas puts lines out there most of the time rating teams. This week the lines are a combination of bettors hearts. No other explanation with the Rams and Ravens line.

W.C.Fields

I just don't see it. This game should be a pick or at most -1 either way. The Steelers have always been a big public betting draw. It still feels to me like something is up here.

My other 2 teasers but the dust with the Steelers. I have one alive with the Eagles. The way things have gone today I now question the Eagles. Pick six, strip sack six, scoop and score. Ugh.

W.C.Fields

I almost called the Steelers game except I thought they would be ahead at halftime. Lamar did mount a comeback but it wasn’t quite enough. They didn’t trust his arm enough on 4 and 3. Not many teams would run a QB in that situation. Even if they could run they would design a pass play. Congratulations to the Steelers to remain unbeaten and a 2 game lead in their division.

W.C.Fields

I thought the Packers were a legit contender this season but 2 of their last 3 games are very suspect. I think KC is going to repeat

Is anyone going to admit that I’ve been right about Lamar Jackson or are you still not convinced?
    Here’s my take I’ve said since the draft. You tell me.
    Baltimore will never win the Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson. Yes they’ll beat the bad team. They’ll beat some good teams. Baltimore was a playoff team when they drafted him.
    They’ll win 10,11,12 games because they are a complete team. But he can’t win from behind 0-4 since last year when trailing at half. He plays well down hill, struggling from behind on 3rd down. He’s 4 and done. He won’t get resigned by Baltimore after his rookie contract.
    Here’s the plan. Trade him, draft another runner, semi throwing QB in the 2nd, 3rd round.
    Wash , rinse, repeat.
    This is not a new statement for me. I’ve said it since the day after the draft. Kyler Murray maybe next on my radar. Thoughts? Tell me I’m nuts. Prove me wrong.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces Personally, I don't trust a quarterback like Jackson, I'd rather have a quarterback with an arm.

Before this season John Harbaugh said:
    Lamar Jackson going deep. And I said:

2dueces2dueces Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭
    May 29, 2020 9:50AM
    Deep, short or middle. if you watched his tape last year a lot of his passes, even the ones caught were behind receivers. I stand by my statement made before the start of last season. Baltimore will win a lot of games against so-so, and bad teams.
    They will struggle and win a few against good teams but they will never win a Super Bowl with Jackson at QB. Fun to watch but down 13 with 20 minutes left isn't happening.

W.C.Fields

Based on my observations Jackson would need a few things to happen for him and the team to take the next step. A lot of teams have won SBs when you didn't expect it, so I don't know if I'm ready to say they can't.

It seems as though if defenses are able to double or even look like they are threatening to double his two top receivers, he doesn't get much done through the air. So he would need to have more elite receiving threats (which are hard to come by year in year out) or improve enough as a passer to beat certain defensive schemes.

@thisistheshow said:
    Based on my observations Jackson would need a few things to happen for him and the team to take the next step. A lot of teams have won SBs when you didn't expect it, so I don't know if I'm ready to say they can't.

It seems as though if defenses are able to double or even look like they are threatening to double his two top receivers, he doesn't get much done through the air. So he would need to have more elite receiving threats (which are hard to come by year in year out) or improve enough as a passer to beat certain defensive schemes.

Last year he was a surprise. This year they have tape. Bad teams don’t have the athletes to defend him. Crash the ends, rush him str8 up the middle and don’t let him outside. Cover his first read and stop him running. Not easy but the Chargers did it his first playoff game playing safeties at linebacker. Tennessee got ahead and forced him to pass. Pittsburgh did just enough to rattle him into 4 turnovers. Sorry Jackson fans, the best QB in the 2018 draft is Josh Allen. And he got a ways to go but the upside is much greater.

W.C.Fields
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

2deuces- I do think Lamar has gone backwards since last year. But I wouldn't give up on him yet.
    Its not like he didn't deserve the MVP last year, he was the right pick and he didn't win it just
    for his running ability.
    He seems to be properly motivated to improve his game from what I've heard him say, so I wouldn't
    count him out. So my take so far is, you may be correct but I think its too early yet to say for sure.

My favorite non Mahomes QB is Joe Burrow. Terrible offensive line, he's been sacked a ton but
    still puts up some pretty amazing numbers especially for a rookie.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.