perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Valid point @galaxy27

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Valid point @galaxy27

Ditto

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears head coach Matt Nagy announced on Monday that Nick Foles is now the Bears starting quarterback.

• Options

Social media is in stitches over Cam Newton sliding off the bench during Sunday's game against the Raiders. Cam was asked what he and N'Keal Harry were discussing and he said he wasn't really sure. This video has gone viral. It's all over the internet. It's gone viral. It's the biggest story in the world!

• Options
    edited September 29, 2020 12:25PM

That Cam Newton sliding bench story is the hottest story on the planet. It's gone viral!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Social media is in stitches over Cam Newton sliding off the bench during Sunday's game against the Raiders. Cam was asked what he and N'Keal Harry were discussing and he said he wasn't really sure. This video has gone viral. It's all over the internet. It's gone viral. It's the biggest story in the world!

That is a secret fumble recovery exercise that Belichick has him practice on the sideline during games. B)

• Options

Anything to hype and sell jerseys. The league is a business and the business is T-shirts. Brady to Tampa. Gronk back in the league. Newton to New England. Cha-ching!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

That is a secret fumble recovery exercise that Belichick has him practice on the sideline during games. B)

Speaking of Bill Belichick, he was looking kind of rough at the recent press conference. I noticed the tattered looking hoodie. If I was a reporter, I wouldn't know whether to ask him a question, or give him some spare change.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Speaking of Bill Belichick, he was looking kind of rough at the recent press conference. I noticed the tattered looking hoodie. If I was a reporter, I wouldn't know whether to ask him a question, or give him some spare change.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

Bill Belichick at next week's press conference....

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Bill has legit had a rough couple weeks.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Bill looks like he just got done filming a Subway commercial and that free Meatball & Provolone foot long isn’t sitting too well right now.

• Options
    edited September 29, 2020 5:13PM

In Bill's new Subway commerial he is featured sitting on a bench, neatly dressed. The first thing I thought of was Forrest Gump.

• Options

The Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings have closed down their facilities after 3 Titans players and 5 Titans team personnel tested positive for covid-19. There is talk about their games being rescheduled.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30001007/tennessee-titans-close-facility-multiple-players-test-positive-covid-19

• Options
    edited September 29, 2020 5:44PM

So, Jerry Jones made some comments regarding Dak Prescott
    that some have taken to be criticism of Dak. Now, Donovan McNabb has chimed in on the story and taken a little shot of his own at Jerry Jones. This story is so stupid. Follow the link to read about it, you know you want to!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/donovan-mcnabb-calls-cowboys-jerry-152202304.html

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't want McNabb's help !

nobody is better than mahomes and wilson but prescott is better than lamar jackson

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

nobody is better than mahomes and wilson but prescott is better than lamar jackson

McNabb is bitter because he'll never make tge Hall of fame. He's a bitter old McNabb!

• Options

I'd rather have Peter McNabb

• Options

I'd take Peter Griffin!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@bronco2078 said:

McNabb is bitter because he'll never make tge Hall of fame. He's a bitter old McNabb!

He is probably also bitter about puking in the Super Bowl and looking like an idiot. He probably thinks he deserves warrior status like Schilling or something lol

• Options

Let’s give Jones credit for being honest. Take away the racism that McNabb is probably thinking about with Jones and he has nothing to gain by butting his nose into this. Dak had an opportunity to lead them to a tie and he threw a pick. Bottom line he didn’t get it done

• Options

How about this stat Mr MVP. Baltimore with Mr MVP is 0-6 when trailing at halftime. 0-6 when trailing at halftime. So who do want down 14 with 20 minutes to go? I’ll bet you Jackson is far down on the list. Mr MVP. 97 passing yards Monday night. Not bad for a running back.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    How about this stat Mr MVP. Baltimore with Mr MVP is 0-6 when trailing at halftime. 0-6 when trailing at halftime. So who do want down 14 with 20 minutes to go? I’ll bet you Jackson is far down on the list. Mr MVP. 97 passing yards Monday night. Not bad for a running back.

The bottom line is jump on the Ravens' early. If they have to rely on Lamar's passing game to get back in it
    then they are probably going to lose.
    Disclaimer- I was actually surprised at how poorly Lamar threw the ball against KC. Not giving up on him
    being a top notch passer yet, but clearly he needs to start performing better in the big games.

• Options

Interesting, I see that the Atlanta Falcons are going to start using drones to clean their stadium after games. I think that's a great idea, heck, I use a drone to walk my dog every day.

• Options

So I was thinking about what I said about BB’s game plan. Run, run, run and eat up the clock and keep the ball away from Mahomes. Right? That’s what everyone thinks. They got it figured out. Well the more I thought everyone thinks that but we’re talking BB. Scrap that. He’s got a plan and that ain’t it. What it is that’s what we’ll find out Sunday.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

So I was thinking about what I said about BB’s game plan. Run, run, run and eat up the clock and keep the ball away from Mahomes. Right? That’s what everyone thinks. They got it figured out. Well the more I thought everyone thinks that but we’re talking BB. Scrap that. He’s got a plan and that ain’t it. What it is that’s what we’ll find out Sunday.

lose badly then storm off the podium in a foul temper

• Options
    edited October 2, 2020 9:40AM

Broncos coach Vic Fangio saud the reason he did not shake hands with Jets head coach Adam Gase last night after the game was because he wanted to avoid a confrontation. The Broncos players were getting heated about some penalties that had occured and he wanted to ensure that a melee didn't break out. The Broncos beat the Jets 37-28 last night. Sam Darnold sprained his throwing shoulder, but he did have a great run during the game.

• Options
    edited October 5, 2020 9:19AM

Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey and Giants receiver Golden Tate got into a fight at midfield yesterday after their game ended and blows were exchanged. Ramsey had a big hit on Tate during the game and the two already have a personal history. The fight was eventually broken up. There's no word yet on when Ramsey vs Tate II is scheduled to take place.

• Options
    edited October 5, 2020 12:38PM

Mike Nolan, the defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys is under fire. The Cowboys are off to their worst defensive start in franchise history. They have given up 146 points in their first 4 games. Heck, the Browns put up 49 on them yesterday. To read about Mike Nolan and his stinky defense, follow ye olde link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/in-one-telling-stat-the-cowboys-are-off-to-their-worst-start-in-franchise-history-015148479.html

• Options

Bill O’Brien is out at the Texans. I imagine a ton of money was lost betting Adam Gase was going to be the first to go. I know if I would have had to bet I would have lost a house on it.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan Quinn should be on the short chopping block if things go as expected vs GB....that's the GA consensus from everyone I've talked to that's a fan...won't happen though.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill O'Brien sucked so, so badly. The Texans' brass granting that dude a dual role in the organization is mind-numbing. The moment he signed off on the D-Hop trade he in essence signed his own death warrant.

If he never gets another gig of any sort in the NFL it'll be far too soon.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Dan Quinn should be on the short chopping block if things go as expected vs GB....that's the GA consensus from everyone I've talked to that's a fan...won't happen though.

Dan Quinn is 5-1 against Aaron Rogers. Some coaches just game plan well against certain players.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Bill O'Brien sucked so, so badly. The Texans' brass granting that dude a dual role in the organization is mind-numbing. The moment he signed off on the D-Hop trade he in essence signed his own death warrant.

If he never gets another gig of any sort in the NFL it'll be far too soon.

Buffalo gave up a 1st and a couple more to get Stefon Diggs and it was well worth it.
    Houston got a pizza and a 6 pack for Hopkins. He should have fired himself that day.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

humiliating loss in the playoffs

trade the team's best player for pennies on the dollar in the offseason

back up the money truck and dump 110M & 50M on the front yards of Watson and Tunsil, respectively

no 1st rounder this year

no 1st or 2nd next year

0-4 to start the season

once the next HC stares into the H-town abyss he is going to be placed on suicide watch

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think with Newton in the saddle, the Patriots would have won last night.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

Or if they had Brady

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Or if they had Brady

yes sir. I concur.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Mike Nolan, the defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys is under fire. The Cowboys are off to their worst defensive start in franchise history. They have given up 146 points in their first 4 games. Heck, the Browns put up 49 on them yesterday. To read about Mike Nolan and his stinky defense, follow ye olde link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/in-one-telling-stat-the-cowboys-are-off-to-their-worst-start-in-franchise-history-015148479.html

The Cowboys have done a horrendous job with their defensive backfield personnel. They had one guy, Byron Jones, who approached being a shutdown corner. They didn't re-sign him. I don't blame them, because he never ever ever got interceptions. Seriously, look him up. He played every snap and got almost zero interceptions. They spent the last few years intentionally teaching DBs to not turn around and play the ball.

Beyond that they had a defensive front that was more interested in calling themselves the Hot Boyz and making Hot Boy chains and selling Hot Boyz t-shirts than getting sacks. As the kids on the internet might say...... hOt bOyZ. (For those out of the loop, alternating capital and lower case implies mocking sarcasm 😂😂

They took a flier on Jaylon Smith after his last game of college injury. Then they re-upped him way early with a huge deal for no reason other than to backhand slap Zeke for holding out. Then they paid Zeke anyways. Jaylon is a good player, but permanently limited in lateral movement.

They gave Demarcus Lawrence (the Hot Boys President) a giant contract, and since then those who defend his anemic sack totals say things like... "But he's amazing against the run". Oh wait... bUt hE's AmAzINg aGaInSt ThE rUn....

Anyone want more, I could do this all day.... 😂😂😂😂

But I still think they'll win the division.

I'll end with this. Do you guys remember Nate Newton? Amazing guard for the Cowboys? If you forgot, after he retired, he was arrested transporting a giant amount of marijuana. Awaiting trial, he was arrested doing the same thing. Went to prison. Got out. Started over. Got on Dallas sports radio. Had gastric bypass. Got skinny. Still on the radio. Anyway, he is a great listen...both for his stories and honest breakdowns. I have heard him a few times talk about how, when he was on those SB 90s teams, all the players knew that the only way to build personal success was to contribute to and build team success. But now, with the advent of social media, etc the players are all able to build successful personal brands regardless of team success. This is a huge issue.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

The Cowboys have done a horrendous job with their defensive backfield personnel. They had one guy, Byron Jones, who approached being a shutdown corner. They didn't re-sign him. I don't blame them, because he never ever ever got interceptions. Seriously, look him up. He played every snap and got almost zero interceptions. They spent the last few years intentionally teaching DBs to not turn around and play the ball.

Beyond that they had a defensive front that was more interested in calling themselves the Hot Boyz and making Hot Boy chains and selling Hot Boyz t-shirts than getting sacks. As the kids on the internet might say...... hOt bOyZ. (For those out of the loop, alternating capital and lower case implies mocking sarcasm 😂😂

They took a flier on Jaylon Smith after his last game of college injury. Then they re-upped him way early with a huge deal for no reason other than to backhand slap Zeke for holding out. Then they paid Zeke anyways. Jaylon is a good player, but permanently limited in lateral movement.

They gave Demarcus Lawrence (the Hot Boys President) a giant contract, and since then those who defend his anemic sack totals say things like... "But he's amazing against the run". Oh wait... bUt hE's AmAzINg aGaInSt ThE rUn....

I'll end with this. Do you guys remember Nate Newton? Amazing guard for the Cowboys? If you forgot, after he retired, he was arrested transporting a giant amount of marijuana. Awaiting trial, he was arrested doing the same thing. Went to prison. Got out. Started over. Got on Dallas sports radio. Had gastric bypass. Got skinny. Still on the radio. Anyway, he is a great listen...both for his stories and honest breakdowns. I have heard him a few times talk about how, when he was on those SB 90s teams, all the players knew that the only way to build personal success was to contribute to and build team success. But now, with the advent of social media, etc the players are all able to build successful personal brands regardless of team success. This is a huge issue.

I remember Nate Newton very well, I might have to check him out on the radio sometime. It would be very interesting hearing some stories about the 90s Cowboys.

• Options

BREAKING NEWS: The Falcons still suck.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    BREAKING NEWS: The Falcons still suck.

Again why hasn’t Dan Quin been fired?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    humiliating loss in the playoffs

trade the team's best player for pennies on the dollar in the offseason

back up the money truck and dump 110M & 50M on the front yards of Watson and Tunsil, respectively

no 1st rounder this year

no 1st or 2nd next year

0-4 to start the season

once the next HC stares into the H-town abyss he is going to be placed on suicide watch

Reading this and it’s absolutely perplexing to me on what Houston is doing

• Options

@perkdog said:

Reading this and it’s absolutely perplexing to me on what Houston is doing

this cryptic tweet from JJ Watt today says it all

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I remember Nate Newton very well, I might have to check him out on the radio sometime. It would be very interesting hearing some stories about the 90s Cowboys.

I moved to Texas in 2006. That timeline pretty much matches with his post-prison, on the radio timeline. He has bounced around , if I remember, between stations. He was even even the co-host of his own show for awhile. But for the last few years he is just on as a guest contributor on local espn radio. I am a huge nfl junky and I have definitely learned to give him my ear when he is on. Sometimes it is gold. Occasionally there are 90s Cowboys stories that are wild. Sometimes on late night radio there will be sort of old timers talking and he might be in the mix. That is always good. But, bottom line, he knows football.

• Options

A little birdie just whispered into my ear. He told me that on the week of the Steelers game, JJ Watt and Texans coach Bill O'Brien had a very heated exchange. During this exchange, JJ Watt called out Bill O' Brien for his garbage coaching. This exchange ultimately led to a Texans player revolt, which in turn led to Bill O' Brien being canned.

• Options
    edited October 7, 2020 6:43PM

JJ Watt doesn't want to talk about Bill O'Brien, he made a statement and he said "Romeo Crennel will give the Texans a fresh start." Obviously there was bad blood brewing between Watt and O' Brien and it spilled over. Now, if you'll excuse me, The Andy Griffith Show is coming on, and I have to watch it!

• Options

romeo sucks too :D

• Options

the corpse of the texans shall be hung from the bill b coaching tree :D

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    romeo sucks too :D

Romeo was Chiefs coach for a while somewhere in that forgettable timeframe either before
    or after Todd Haley. A not so good time to be a Chiefs fan.
    You think Belichek is a bad dresser, you should have seen Todd Haley.
    Equally poor dresser but with none of the coaching skills Belichek possesses.