Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woke up to QA1 this morning and already in QA2 this afternoon. Good to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

@Charlie9 said:

@Scarlem21 said:
    Has anyone had any "Received March 2021" Value Modern orders ship yet? Mine was received on March 25, 2021. Been in "Assembly" for 3 weeks now LOL.

My Value Modern logged 3/25 popped 2 days ago. Had one logged 3/21 that popped almost a month ago. Also have one logged 3/26 still in “grading” so you just never know.

When I saw this post, I hoped I might see some movement in my value modern order by April…no such luck.

3/3/21 - arrived
    4/15/21 - entered
    11/19/21 - grading

A fortnight away from 🎂 and still in grading.

• envoy982envoy982 Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

@Geoff76 my value modern entered 4/7 hit assembly on 3/30.

Well after the scare from 76collector having his order lost, I called them on the 9th and it was supposedly escalated to a supervisor. Fast forward a few days and on the 14th I check and see if there are any updates. I was told that I should here something by that Thursday, the 17th. No communication since the 14th so I didn't know what to think. Luckily, I check today and the order is in assembly. A huge sigh of relief as these cards are not replaceable.

Rec'd - 11/09/20
    Logged - 1/29/21
    Grading - Februaryish 2021
    Assembly- 3/30/22
    Grades Popped - 4/1/22
    Shipped -

Very happy with the grades and I can say the wait was worth it. I will have the big reveal when I get them in hand and scanned.

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

Well after the scare from 76collector having his order lost, I called them on the 9th and it was supposedly escalated to a supervisor. Fast forward a few days and on the 14th I check and see if there are any updates. I was told that I should here something by that Thursday, the 17th. No communication since the 14th so I didn't know what to think. Luckily, I check today and the order is in assembly. A huge sigh of relief as these cards are not replaceable.

Rec'd - 11/09/20
    Logged - 1/29/21
    Grading - Februaryish 2021
    Assembly- 3/30/22
    Grades Popped - 4/1/22
    Shipped -

Very happy with the grades and I can say the wait was worth it. I will have the big reveal when I get them in hand and scanned.

That's always a good feeling

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

The sub that is in Q2 was marked arrived 2/3/21 and today is the One year Anniversary of it being entered to the system. Been in Q2 for a few days now. I really hope I feel the same way Maddux69 feels. Bad grades would crush me.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

You have some supremo cards, Mike!!!!! Love seeing them.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have an order entered earlier than June, 2021 that hasn't reached grading yet? All my orders through April reached grading months ago but I still have one that was entered on May 21 that is still in research. Should I be concerned?

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one entered 4/19/21 for research and ID only.

• azvikeazvike Posts: 377 ✭✭✭

I have one - arrived 3/9, entered 5/12....still R&ID

edited April 4, 2022 3:57PM

Thanks. I'm sorry I'm not the only one but selfishly glad I'm not the only one as it eases my stress about the order potentially being lost.

• SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭

21 card value modern.

Entered 4/14/21

Just left grading and into assembly today.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Yes, at least 10 all before 5/1/21…some in March. All in grading stage.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

SoxPatsFan said:
    21 card value modern.

Entered 4/14/21

Just left grading and into assembly today.

I am just behind you with two subs entered 4/15

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Woke up to QA1 this morning and already in QA2 this afternoon. Good to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been in QA1 for almost two weeks. Love the wild inconsistency of PSA in all phases of the game.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    .....Love the wild inconsistency of PSA in all phases of the game.

That, and the overly harsh grading, has pretty much ended my 25+ year submitting history.

@rexvos I’ve had a sub entered 4/1 that has been in QA2 for over a week. Another sub entered on 4/12 hit Assembly a few days ago that just went into QA1. I have a 24 card Ultra Modern sub that has been in Assembly for almost 4 weeks. I can’t figure out what is going on out in Cali. Still hoping they all don’t pop at the same time. Will be hard to recoup some of that money quickly for those cards that don’t make my PC.

@shawther said:
    @rexvos I’ve had a sub entered 4/1 that has been in QA2 for over a week. Another sub entered on 4/12 hit Assembly a few days ago that just went into QA1. I have a 24 card Ultra Modern sub that has been in Assembly for almost 4 weeks. I can’t figure out what is going on out in Cali. Still hoping they all don’t pop at the same time. Will be hard to recoup some of that money quickly for those cards that don’t make my PC.

Open orders top to bottom
    1. Grading
    2. Assembly
    3. Assembly (entered assembly a full week before the sub in QA1)
    4. QA1

The top one was an autograph verification special. No grading

@nam812 when I said inconsistency in all phases of the game It was inclusive to grading standards

edited April 5, 2022 8:00AM

Still no movement on my value ultra or value modern. Both entered 4/7/21. Value Modern has been in Assembly since 3/23/22 and value ultra QA1 since 3/31. Assembly on that one was 2/4/22 so almost 2 months in that stage. I did have a 20 card econ pop overnight. Expected 15 10's and only got 10. Overall pretty happy with the sub though.

Edited to add, this sub also had 3 SGC crackouts. 9.5 > 9, 10 > 10, 10 > 10.

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2022 6:19AM

My first economy popped:
    1 1 63663653 GEM MINT 10 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter Framed Mini-Non-Baseball Autographs Rki Ray Kinsella -- bought raw off facebook and arrived in a mailer wrapped in paper towels with no card saver or top loader so got lucky
    2 1 63663654 MINT 9 2020 Panini Absolute Iconic Ink Triples Kra Ken Griffey Jr./Randy Johnson/Alex Rodriguez Purple
    3 1 63663655 MINT 9 2021 Panini Prizm UFC Signatures Sgvsh Valentina Shevchenko Red Prizm Card
    4 1 63663656 MINT 9 2018 Panini Encased Vaulted Veterans Material Signatures VV-Ad Aaron Donald Diamond 1/1
    5 1 63663657 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Panini Flawless Star Swatch Signatures SS-Kcu Cooper Kupp Platinum 1/1 -- never seem to get an 8 free submission

I hope my next one does at least this well and I have several value subs out that I have hopes for in the coming months

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

2 orders swinging 60s

Arrive 4/2/21
    Entered 5/10/21
    Still reasearch ID (3)

I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug

Value Ultra Modern moved to QA2 last night. Tomorrow is it's 1 yr birthday since being entered. Expect to see grades sometime this week as all of my subs have gone QA2 > Grades within 3 days. Hoping this one is no different. Just in time for MLB to open the season.

@envoy982 I have 2 in QA2 currently. One has been in for almost 10 days while the other for only 2 days. The cards disappeared on the first one over the weekend. I thought I would wake up to them being completed but no such luck. Not sure if something is wrong or just how things are going now. Good luck.

@shawther said:
    @envoy982 I have 2 in QA2 currently. One has been in for almost 10 days while the other for only 2 days. The cards disappeared on the first one over the weekend. I thought I would wake up to them being completed but no such luck. Not sure if something is wrong or just how things are going now. Good luck.

Well crap - I hope they don’t take that long. Even my other value ultras were just a couple days in qa2. Good luck on yours! I hope they pop soon and the grades are great.

Happy Birthday!

Lucky you. Hopefully that indicates my orders aren't too far behind. They were "received" a few weeks after yours and all are still in grading or R&ID.

@GemMint well grades popped on it’s birthday. I wish it had just stayed there. I got a 4, 6, 7 and 3 8’s on 2020 cards. I cannot wait to see them. This is by far the worst sub I’ve had.

• MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭

@envoy982 said:
    @GemMint well grades popped on it’s birthday. I wish it had just stayed there. I got a 4, 6, 7 and 3 8’s on 2020 cards. I cannot wait to see them. This is by far the worst sub I’ve had.

Yikes. I hope the rest of the order was better for you at least.

@MarshallFaulk28 i wish it was too. Lol
    46 cards. 18 10’s but none of the cards I really needed to hit 10’s on. Most of the Lou bob and Witt’s were 9’s. Including a 2020 topps flagship Lou bob 4. It has to have a wrinkle on the back.

Sorry to hear. I had 1 pop early this morning (50 cards) not too happy with those results. I finally got an up charge email on the 72 card sub that’s been in QA2 for a while. First upcharge I’ve had and it was welcomed.

Starting week 3 in QA1, another sub hit QA1 yesterday. 1 in assembly 1 other in grading. Ready to clear these and move on to something else

@rexvos said:
    Starting week 3 in QA1, another sub hit QA1 yesterday. 1 in assembly 1 other in grading. Ready to clear these and move on to something else

Qa2

• StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

@shawther said:
    Sorry to hear. I had 1 pop early this morning (50 cards) not too happy with those results. I finally got an up charge email on the 72 card sub that’s been in QA2 for a while. First upcharge I’ve had and it was welcomed.

Quite frankly I don't think there should be any surcharges on cards that were away for more than a year.

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• StatsGuyStatsGuy Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

@envoy982 said:

As one youtube reveal said that I was watching, after a few cards, "I see where this is going." Surprised to hear on cards that new.

Gretzky,Ripken, and Sandberg collection. Still trying to complete 1975 Topps baseball set from when I was a kid.

• thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Just had an order pop tonight from 3/23/21 Entry. All from one junk wax set, which I've dominated in the registry for over a decade. Every historical submission of mine from this set breaks down roughly near 60% PSA 10, 35% PSA 9, 5% PSA 8. This one that popped tonight:

PSA 10: 1
    PSA 9: 14
    PSA 8: 6
    PSA 7: 6
    No Grade: 1

It's laughable. I know the nuances of this set better than anyone in the world. When I send in cards from this set, I know the grades. The process is just a formality.

PSA has either allowed an inexperienced (and/or sub-performing) grader to handle this order, or they have completely moved the goalposts on the definition of each grade without communicating those changes to submitters. Neither option is acceptable. I'm not sure what they could say to me at this point to reassure me of their competence and retain my business.

I'll miss the set registry.
    SGC - here we come!!

Got my baseball sub back today. The PSA 4 Lou Bob Topps Flagship has the entire bottom right corner bent over. Not like it was dropped but rather bent over like they pinched it between their thumb and forefinger and just bent it then bent it back. It's so obvious. It's not worth complaining about because what was a $400 card in PSA 10 is now a $40 card. I also have a PSA 6 Topps Acuna that as a ding like it was dropped. Again, whatever... I'll sell off everything in this sub to pay the grading fees and make a couple dollars to pay towards the other subs sitting there.

Sorry you had such a dud for a sub @thehallmark. It's very frustrating. I'm running 70%+ on Gem's in the new economy/regular/express and had a 75% on my first value sub but the last 3 have all been 40-60%. I guess I forgot everything I knew prior but remembered it after I sent these subs in.

@thehallmark said:
    Just had an order pop tonight from 3/23/21 Entry. All from one junk wax set, which I've dominated in the registry for over a decade. Every historical submission of mine from this set breaks down roughly near 60% PSA 10, 35% PSA 9, 5% PSA 8. This one that popped tonight:

PSA 10: 1
    PSA 9: 14
    PSA 8: 6
    PSA 7: 6
    No Grade: 1

It's laughable. I know the nuances of this set better than anyone in the world. When I send in cards from this set, I know the grades. The process is just a formality.

PSA has either allowed an inexperienced (and/or sub-performing) grader to handle this order, or they have completely moved the goalposts on the definition of each grade without communicating those changes to submitters. Neither option is acceptable. I'm not sure what they could say to me at this point to reassure me of their competence and retain my business.

I'll miss the set registry.
    SGC - here we come!!

That is pretty typical lately. That and what @envoy982 posted about cards getting damaged. I had 4 straight 4s on a submission all 79 Topps george Brett’s save 1 Jim Palmer that had the same corner mangled. 0 recourse. It is their world we just have to put up with it or move on

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no excuse for this type of damage. At some point enough is enough. Every value order I’ve been getting back for the last 6 months has stuff like this in it.

• thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

The time and money involved in finding the cards worthy of those 9s & 10s... all of that goes poof in one moment when the careless goofball working third shift stops concentrating. Slab it anyway? Shoulder shrug. Sure, who'll notice? It's just cardboard.

I can understand very occasionally that something like that may happen. Mistakes are made. Why would QA though see that and just let it pass? First, the card is no longer a 9. Second, they should inform you that there was damage to a card and compensate you in some fashion. This is just a bad look all around for PSA.

I do feel the better graders are the ones handling all the new orders. Seems like they are giving the backlog to the inexperienced people and probably also rushing them to get through the backlog.

• Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    There is no excuse for this type of damage. At some point enough is enough. Every value order I’ve been getting back for the last 6 months has stuff like this in it.

the workers need to start acting like these cards mean something to us, which they obviously do...every little ding they create is worth hundreds or thousands of dollars...and unless you spend hours and hours to do front and back pics of your cards, you have zero recourse, which others have stated...I guess when it comes to cards with any sort of value, start taking good pics of fronts and backs of cards so that you have something to fall back on every time a card gets damaged while at PSA...I know I am going to start taking good pics of all cards that have good value....if a workers are going too fast and are causing these sort of damages to cards, they really need to slow down and ensure that the way the card comes back to us is the same way that it was when we submitted it...

@Frozencaribou said:

And a card with a bent corner like that obviously wouldn't get a PSA 9, so why didn't the worker come forward and say that they damaged the card after it had been graded?

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2022 7:49PM

It appears that many cards are being damaged before grading. Usually damage in that stage is less severe but enough to knock 1-2 grades off. Then there is the damage that happens afterward, which usually is more evident. I take pictures of my cards going into $50 subs or higher, but who has time to take value order pictures.

My PSA 9 Gretzky pictured would be a 4 maybe?

As thehallmark said, we open cases and boxes and find the absolute best to submit, and then they appear to put them in bicycle spokes.

• SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭

21 card order arrived Feb., 2021, entered April 2021 just hit QA2. Grades soon I hope.

@galaxy27 said:

@Frozencaribou said:

based on this statement, you've blown past that point. and i'm not trying to pour salt in your wounds. looking at the picture of your damaged card leaves me beyond infuriated. i have an outstanding sub that is coming up on its one-year anniversary with no finish line even remotely in sight, and i assure you it will be my last with PSA. all of this blustering about advances that have been made, yet in truth things are worse now than they have ever been. is taking over a year to perform a paid service, damaging assets of customers while they are in your care, then -- arguably the worst part of all -- pretending like it never happened and providing zero compensation the type of long, decisive steps in the right direction that everyone has been hearing about? that is not being a conduit for fun, that is the epitome of disgusting.

imagine a scenario where someone on ebay buys a pricey raw dog from you. you take three weeks to stick it in the mail. but before you do, you carelessly drop it on the ground and ding a corner. you say nothing. you hope the buyer won't notice. luckily for your conscienceless self, the buyer didn't. and luckily for you, the transaction took place in a bizarro world where you experience zero ramifications. so you then proceed to count your cash, go to bed every night and sleep like a baby.

i'm not sure there is a single soul on these boards who would conduct their own personal business in that type of fashion. and if there was, those individual(s) would not be long for this world on a giant secondary market. yet PSA does, because they can. until there is a mass exodus, they will remain impervious and amateur hour will continue to be extended.

agreed -- I was just watching a reveal on Youtube, and sure enough this guy too had a few cards that got graded PSA 9 but they had big dings on the upper right corner...enough already PSA. Is anyone having meetings or sending out emails to the workers, EVERYONE who handles the cards, to do everything in their power to not cause any damage whatsoever to a card? And if you happen to cause damage on 1 out of every couple couple thousand cards, are they told to confess/admit to their wrong doing so that the customer can be compensated, instead of sending us back PSA 9s that have obvious big corner dings? It's getting old as many on these boards have stated.

I seem to recall blurryface talking about damage in assembly. As I remember it, it was top right corners. The post is in the thread somewhere I believe. This isn’t new.

If the damage is happening in assembly, they ought to clean that up. But even worse, who do they have working in QA1 and QA2 that are letting these pass through? Helen Keller and Ray Charles?

I thought the “Q” was for Quality.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭

Not many ticket subbers here, but just a heads up that my 2 ticket sub that hit grading June 2021 moved to assembly today. The finish line is near.

Jim

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Frozencaribou said:

based on this statement, you've blown past that point. and i'm not trying to pour salt in your wounds. looking at the picture of your damaged card leaves me beyond infuriated. i have an outstanding sub that is coming up on its one-year anniversary with no finish line even remotely in sight, and i assure you it will be my last with PSA. all of this blustering about advances that have been made, yet in truth things are worse now than they have ever been. is taking over a year to perform a paid service, damaging assets of customers while they are in your care, then -- arguably the worst part of all -- pretending like it never happened and providing zero compensation the type of long, decisive steps in the right direction that everyone has been hearing about? that is not being a conduit for fun, that is the epitome of disgusting.

imagine a scenario where someone on ebay buys a pricey raw dog from you. you take three weeks to stick it in the mail. but before you do, you carelessly drop it on the ground and ding a corner. you say nothing. you hope the buyer won't notice. luckily for your conscienceless self, the buyer didn't. and luckily for you, the transaction took place in a bizarro world where you experience zero ramifications. so you then proceed to count your cash, go to bed every night and sleep like a baby.

i'm not sure there is a single soul on these boards who would conduct their own personal business in that type of fashion. and if there was, those individual(s) would not be long for this world on a giant secondary market. yet PSA does, because they can. until there is a mass exodus, they will remain impervious and amateur hour will continue to be extended.

The next 12 to 18 months will be an interesting time for sports cards. I really think that everything has completely changed. Is it possible that the backlog will not be completed in 2022 ??? Is it possible ?? Let's put it this way....it isn't getting completed in the next few months and we will be in the middle of Summer 2022 by then.