Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to mention for those waiting on Value modern orders, I have another order that I sent in the same package to PSA.
    So, it arrived and was logged on the same day. The Value modern is still in the grading phase, however my grades just popped yesterday for the Value Ultra modern. So they are further along on Value Ultra modern than Modern.

22172046 10465370 01/13/21 03/12/21 N/A See Details 32 Value Modern (1972- 2017)
    22171978 10465453 01/13/21 03/12/21 N/A See Details 23 Value Ultra Modern (2018+)

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I have quarterly special that hit Assembly yesterday.
    Sent 12/18/20
    Entered 2/23/21
    Been in grading for around 6 months
    Hope the grades pop soon.
    My last 7 value submissions were entered throughout the month of April.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Glad to have this one back in hand just in time for the Super Bowl.

Sharp looking card.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

Just had two value ultra-modern subs move to assembly. Both entered 4/7/21. Another value ultra and a value modern were both entered the same days (shipped together) but are still in grading. Any idea on how long assembly > ship has taken on these anniversary orders?

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 1:56PM

I just had a value vintage order go to grading. It was entered on 4/29/21. It's fun going back over it and seeing what was in it. It's been so long I don't remember buying half of what's in it. A few guys have become hall of famers since I sent them in. :p

• Options

I look back at mine and just go "WTF was I thinking?" I do have a few low end Burrow's but I won't have them in time for the SB. I wish my guys had turned into HOF, all I will get back are Tyler Herro and Gardner Minshew cards :D

• Options

I had my "newer" 5 card Economy order reach grading today.

Arrived 12/31/21
    Entered 01/05/22
    Grading 02/07/22

I actually won a 2nd lottery last week, but I'm not certain I have 5 more cards I wish to pay $50 each to have graded. 😂

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

several of my orders that arrived 3/11/21 and entered 4/29/21 entered the grading stage today.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    I just had a value vintage order go to grading. It was entered on 4/29/21. It's fun going back over it and seeing what was in it. It's been so long I don't remember buying half of what's in it. A few guys have become hall of famers since I sent them in. :p

Same here, I have a value vintage that was entered on 3/25/21 and moved into grading on 10/12/21. I had to go back in see what cards because I too forgot. I know this, at today's prices not many of the cards in this sub would have been sent in.

• Options

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

Arrived 12/31/21
    Entered 01/05/22
    Grading 02/07/22

I actually won a 2nd lottery last week, but I'm not certain I have 5 more cards I wish to pay $50 each to have graded. 😂

I won an allocation a few weeks back. The last 3 I’ve gotten decent spots. Two of them (including today) I got inside of 100 and got the “you’re not eligible” message. Even though my allocation is already arrived and entered at PSA.

• Options

@envoy982 said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

Arrived 12/31/21
    Entered 01/05/22
    Grading 02/07/22

I won an allocation a few weeks back. The last 3 I’ve gotten decent spots. Two of them (including today) I got inside of 100 and got the “you’re not eligible” message. Even though my allocation is already arrived and entered at PSA.

It waits until you're all the inside of 100 before telling you you're not eligible... even though you actually should be eligible? You stood in line for the ride and got all the way in front before they said "I'm sorry sir, you've already been on the ride. You can't ride again right now."

My order that is sitting with them was in the research phase when it let me win another allocation.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 5 card economy order from the first allocation event. No ultra modern so I guess that helped it fly through r&id.

Arrived 1/24/22
    Entered 1/28/22
    Grading 2/2/22

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:

Probably those HOFers have grown long beards as well since the time you sent them in. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@MarshallFaulk28: Yep, you nailed it. Exact same thing it did last Thursday too. Frustrating to say the least.

On a side note, my buddy has been doing small subs almost weekly, 5-10 cards and he just had a regular order that turned around 5 days faster than his last express order. Seems they are getting through those with some efficiency which is great to see. Be nice if the backlog was moving a bit faster of course but if you're debating between express and regular based solely on speed and not value, regular seems to be moving very fast.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am getting cupcakes for 4 subs that will have their PSA arrival birthday tomorrow. 1. Hit QA1 today. Other 3 in grading.

Stop doing $50 a card lotteries and clear orders that have been inside your building for over a year or for crying out loud expand your footprint outside of the most expensive place in the United States to do business. Or just keep doing what you are doing, everything will be fine.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos I am getting cupcakes for 4 subs that will have their PSA arrival birthday tomorrow.

What? No King Cake?

• Options
    TerwinTerwin Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have one that arrived there on 11/20/20...still in grading! And, it's a review order which requires no research. Crazy times.

• Options

My Quarterly Special went to QA 1 today. It arrived 12/22/20 and was entered 2/23/21. Been there for almost 14 months, especially if you consider the time between it arriving at PSA and the time it took them to mark it as arrived. It’s sad. Maybe this is the week!

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    PSA/DNA Grade Add on

Rec'd - 11/09/20
    Logged - 1/29/21
    Grading - Februaryish
    Grades Popped -
    Shipped -

Today marks 15 months at PSA and still in grading(for roughly a year apparently). I shouldn't have to call and inquire about the status as the CTDs are well past the log date for this sub. Ultra modern comprimises most of the backlog and I would be willing to guess that those subbing are fairly new to the hobbby, but don't forget the long time customers and their registries as well.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ldferg said:
    several of my orders that arrived 3/11/21 and entered 4/29/21 entered the grading stage today.

Me too - two 4/30 orders just moved into grading.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2022 10:45AM

My economy allocation went to grading last night. My value ultra modern's entered 4/7/21 are all in assembly. For the 4th time in 2 weeks, I got inside of 100 and was told I was ineligible for the economy event. Today, I started the queue at #79. Never moved and just got the GFY message. I give up now.

@maddux69 - there is no reason your sub should still be there. Have you called or emailed for a status update? I sent in 4 or 5 subs in one box and all but one was logged. It sat for a few days and I emailed them and it was logged later that day and I got an email back saying it was taken care of. They seem to be pretty quick the few times I've emailed them. Hopefully they get you sorted out.

• Options

@envoy982 said:
    My economy allocation went to grading last night. My value ultra modern's entered 4/7/21 are all in assembly. For the 4th time in 2 weeks, I got inside of 100 and was told I was ineligible for the economy event. Today, I started the queue at #79. Never moved and just got the GFY message. I give up now.

They did tweet this out today. Did you try contacting them?

ALSO: If you are a CC Member who experiences any technical issues during our Economy Submission Events, please contact info@PSAcard.com with your name, customer # and "ECONOMY EVENT" in the subject line.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2022 11:28AM

2 of my value orders that are in the grading stage just hit the 1 year anniversary from their arrival dates. I’m celebrating by eating some cake today knowing that I am getting CLOSE!!!! (Patience….Patience….)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@marshallfaulk28 - They got an email. :)

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrived 12/08/20 entered 2/16/21
    Went to grading I have no clue but I’m guessing 4 months ago. Today it went straight from grading to q2. This a 20 card Psa review bump order. so the speed obviously concerns me. How long do I have till shipping most likely?

• Options

I’ve had qa2 anywhere from 1-5 days.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't believe this thread made it to page 2....

I had a TCG/Pokemon sub move into Assembly yesterday - 2/22/21 entered date - so another one right around one year.
    Also had some 4/30/21 value vintage subs move into grading.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

My Value Vintage arrived 3/25 and just moved from grading to assembly after being in grading since October...23 vintage HOF football cards must have been hard for them to decide on a grade LOL

• Options

@shawther said:
    My Quarterly Special went to QA 1 today. It arrived 12/22/20 and was entered 2/23/21. Been there for almost 14 months, especially if you consider the time between it arriving at PSA and the time it took them to mark it as arrived. It’s sad. Maybe this is the week!

Cards have been graded. These were a little more in line with expectations. I had some that graded lower than I was expecting and a couple that were on the higher side of my expectations. Overall I’m happy with the results. Took over 14 months door to door. Next up is my value modern 72 card submission that was entered 4/1/21.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

value modern sub that arrived on 3/22/21 and entered on 4/30/21 hit grading stage today

• Options

@galaxy27 - Not sure how long that one will take, but my value modern entered 4/7 hit grading 10/30 and is still in grading.

@shawther - what did you get back? Any HOF RC's I might be interested in? :)

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

5 card Economy from the first allocation event went in to Assembly yesterday.

Arrived Dec 27, Entered Dec 30, Assembly Feb 16

• Options

@envoy982 they were another QS football submission with some HOF and possible future HOF. I think I may hold onto these for a little while as I putting a card show together in Blue Ridge for this summer. If I decide to sell some before hand I will pm you to let you know what I have.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2022 5:05AM

@nam812 said:

Value modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/23/21
    Grading 08/31/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Almost 6 months in the grading phase now. :'(

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2022 10:32AM

Did anyone notice this update from a few weeks ago on the communications page?

IMPORTANT SHIPPING GUIDANCE
    Package tampering is on the rise. PSA is doing our part to protect customers by closely inspecting incoming packages and rejecting those that raise a concern. In many cases, we’re rejecting packages to be cautious and to ensure that our customers can file a claim with their shipper if indeed there is an issue.

Here’s what you can do to ensure your package is accepted by PSA.

NEVER re-use a box. Always ship in brand new packaging
    NEVER re-tape a box. Always start with a fresh packing tape
    ALWAYS use tamper-evident shipping tape
    Other important suggestions:

PSA recommends USPS and FedEx Express. Do not use UPS or FedEx Ground
    PSA recommends customers purchase shipping insurance equal to the Declared Value of the submission
    PSA recommends shipping a box within a box for added protection and theft-reduction

I always reuse boxes, so I'll have to modify my approach when things open back up. Seeing those train robberies in Socal had me thinking about packages being returned from PSA and the threat of theft.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@nam812 said:

Value modern
    Received 12/13/20
    Entered 02/23/21
    Grading 08/31/21
    Assembly - Not yet

Almost 6 months in the grading phase now. :'(

They are grading your cards with a fine tooth comb. Currently over 100 graders have reviewed the cards and they are thinking about having another 100. They want to make sure your cards are graded properly. LOL!!

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@nam812 - I have to say I'm quite surprised the value modern subs seem to be so far behind ultra modern. I really thought the bulk of the backlog was Zion, Luis Robert and Burrow stuff but my modern hit grading on 10/30 and my 4 ultra subs have all hit assembly a couple weeks ago.

@gemint - I too reuse old boxes all the time. In fact, the economy sub I sent in arrived on 1/31, the same day as that post. I almost felt like it was aimed directly at me as I had reused a PSA box with clear tape. :D The next sub I sent was wrapped in brown paper and was a box inside a box.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:

Package tampering is on the rise. PSA is doing our part to protect customers by closely inspecting incoming packages and rejecting those that raise a concern. In many cases, we’re rejecting packages to be cautious and to ensure that our customers can file a claim with their shipper if indeed there is an issue.

PSA recommends customers purchase shipping insurance equal to the Declared Value of the submission
    PSA recommends shipping a box within a box for added protection and theft-reduction

I always reuse boxes, so I'll have to modify my approach when things open back up. Seeing those train robberies in Socal had me thinking about packages being returned from PSA and the threat of theft.

The new Podcast PSA has covered this topic with their security team. Episode 2 I believe. It was informative. I already do most of it but there was a suggestion I will likely start to add in about colored tape.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭

@76collector said:
    they are further along on Value Ultra modern than Modern.

Jeff

Same situation = 4 subs all entered same day. 2 Ultras are in QA1 and 2 moderns sit in grading.

Short month . Collecting higher value sub fees will make up for 3 days less of collectable billing.

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

It waits until you're all the inside of 100 before telling you you're not eligible... even though you actually should be eligible? You stood in line for the ride and got all the way in front before they said "I'm sorry sir, you've already been on the ride. You can't ride again right now."

If say 8000 people have $50 subs of 5 cards each - that 40,000 cards is ONE DAYS WORK. Let them all sub
    Common sense tells me that making money is what every company is supposed to be about- yet they decline people willing to pay more for the privilege ? All while spending countless hours propping up "discounted " tier subbers ?

From the way I've seen a lot of stuff handled lately- disappointed in whats gone on. I can say I don't have "all" the info I need to make a proper assessment. These below are now going the cheapest route = this new lottery systems done nothing more than piss me off. I went in today and deleted the entire crew of them

And for packages- pretty sure they see mine coming a mile away

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had a 60's special pop?? It was Jan-Mar 2021.

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

I have one that was entered March 17, 2021, still in grading.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2022 9:48AM

@mrburns443 said:

@Mickey71 said:

I have one that was entered March 17, 2021, still in grading.

Thank you and good luck with the sub. I took pictures of mine before I sent in. Glad I did because my brother basically can't remember what was sent. Totally understandable though. He was 20 when it logged in and will be a great grandfather when the grades pop. I actually think total time will be 18 months +.

• Options

@halosfan said:

@gemint said:

The new Podcast PSA has covered this topic with their security team. Episode 2 I believe. It was informative. I already do most of it but there was a suggestion I will likely start to add in about colored tape.

lot's of good info there, as for tape, if you have an ebay store, you can get a large supply of ebay branded tape with one quarters $25 allowance. This tape is great for this purpose

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@halosfan said:

PSA has a podcast?

• Options

@jeffcbay said:

@halosfan said:

PSA has a podcast?

It's fairly new. It just started last week, and this current week was episode 2. I'm liking it! They give updates on the backlog each week, so you can see how it's being reduced from one week to the next.

I listened to the part about the packaging and also read the notes on the web site. It's good info, but honestly, using a brand new box each time feels like overkill to me. As long as the structure of the box is still solid, I don't see why a box can't be re-used. I tend to save better boxes I come across and will continue to use them. I did pick up some security tape though which would help make tampering evident, so I like that suggestion.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

Only this one below

And right after I commented on issues I was having on the economy allotment scene--- I go and get an allocation
    And PSA , whom I had mailed a week prior showing the reasons why there were issues- extended a courtesy allotment
    So I shoved 10 of the 150+ cards I had in the backlog in- the first within 33 minutes of completing the paperwork
    Think that's the fastest PSA sub I've ever packed and shipped in 23+ years :#

• Options

Anyone getting any movement? My next is a value modern that was entered 4/1/21.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

22157821 10458614 01/06/21 03/04/21 N/A See Details 36 Value Vintage (1971-)

This order moved from ASSEM to Qual CK # 1 last Thurs/Friday. Then last night to this morning it moved into QC #2. So can I assume I should have Poppage by Friday?

Have another order exact same dates, still in Grading!

Please Please!!!

YeeHaw!!

Neil