Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Question - How Long?

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@1775 said:
    I have over 1300 cards in bulk orders that only 800 have even been logged in . With 700 more on the way. hope to have some back for Christmas! (That sure is a lot of grading fees!!!)

Welcome to my world.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@1775 said:
    I have over 1300 cards in bulk orders that only 800 have even been logged in . With 700 more on the way. hope to have some back for Christmas! (That sure is a lot of grading fees!!!)

Now we know why PSA is so backed up. So 1300 x 10 is $13,000 in fees. Wow!!

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@ldferg said:

@sayheywyo said:
    @ldferg said:
    I have a normal bulk order entered 11/22 still in assembly. Smh.

yikes

YIKES, for sure!!!! I thought I read about sub pops after Thanksgiving a few weeks ago.

Definitely the longest I've had to wait at PSA. My last BGS sub was 1 year....and they don't (or didn't) provide any updates. I had to call and verify my cards were still there. Very uneasy feeling. Regarding PSA, I'll ping their support line tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

one flippin' year -- that's just crazy, and clearly not right/good. We can only hope that eventually people will run out of cards to submit and turn times get down to 2 months....may not happen in our lifetime tho

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kep13 said:

@ldferg said:

@sayheywyo said:
    @ldferg said:
    I have a normal bulk order entered 11/22 still in assembly. Smh.

yikes

YIKES, for sure!!!! I thought I read about sub pops after Thanksgiving a few weeks ago.

Definitely the longest I've had to wait at PSA. My last BGS sub was 1 year....and they don't (or didn't) provide any updates. I had to call and verify my cards were still there. Very uneasy feeling. Regarding PSA, I'll ping their support line tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

one flippin' year -- that's just crazy, and clearly not right/good. We can only hope that eventually people will run out of cards to submit and turn times get down to 2 months....may not happen in our lifetime tho

Don't think that's feasible. The implementation of "ultra modern" grading tier says it all. And a brilliant business move too.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 7:34PM

I had a couple submissions received on 6/17 but still haven't been logged in. Hoping it will be this week.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface
    Don't think that's feasible. The implementation of "ultra modern" grading tier says it all. And a brilliant business move too.

100% agree.... and I don't think the bump in price will deter many subs. PSA has a golden opportunity to pull even farther away from the competition as the leader in the industry if they can get turn time down to 4 months or so. Pretty sure the CEO knows it and they are working in the right direction.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not just PSA that it is far behind on orders,in the past day BGS raised their turnaround times for 10days (5-7 weeks) and 30days(18 weeks).

• Options
    shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

The bump in price has slowed my submissions as I am sure it has to many others. As a collector, it doesn’t bother me as much with the slow turnaround since I don’t sell to many of my cards anyway. The jump in price makes it tougher for me to be able to afford the submissions and support a family. It may make it to where I only submit every other year (easier to convince my wife)😄. I have started to submit a few additional cards to resell to try and recoup some of the cost. That being said I still get antsy when the submission get to the assembly stage. I feel like PSA is leaving a lot of money on the table with their slow turnaround times. Not good for any business.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently have 3 orders there. Seems to be about a month between shipping and logging into the system. Was a little surprised my ultra modern order logged in today before the modern order that I shipped before it, since I have heard that ultra modern bulk is the main backlog.

• A 9 card Economy order. Shipped 6/6 and logged 7/6. It is currently in the Grading phase.
    • A 50 card Bulk Ultra Modern. Shipped 6/19 and logged 7/21. It is currently sitting in Research and ID.
    • A 64 card Bulk Value Modern. Shipped 6/15 and has not logged in yet.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

4 orders at PSA, all various quarterly specials...

Received 5/28 and logged 7/1. Research & ID
    Received 6/15 and not logged in yet.
    Received 6/26 and not logged in yet.
    Received 7/7 and not logged in yet.

I think it's best I just forget they're even there.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options

I noticed on the home page that PSA says it currently employs over 300 people in their 5 around the world locations. Just wondering how many graders they have, 100? I noticed to get a job in research and development you have to have a college degree. Why would researching sports cards require a degree?

• Options

@ElvisP said:
    I noticed on the home page that PSA says it currently employs over 300 people in their 5 around the world locations. Just wondering how many graders they have, 100? I noticed to get a job in research and development you have to have a college degree. Why would researching sports cards require a degree?

To weed out the riffraff :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I currently have two subs at PSA. One is a pack sub, and the other is a dual service sub. The pack sub was logged in early January and still in research! The dual has been was received on 6/10 and still waiting for it to be logged.

I stupidly forgot to mark the box with the service level for the dual sub. Should I be worried?

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:

I stupidly forgot to mark the box with the service level for the dual sub. Should I be worried?

No.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Probably done subbing packs myself for a while, slowing down my collecting as well. Prices and wait times are just horrendous. Bummer

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options

The volume they just can't keep up with, same with BGS. It was a few years ago BGS actually gave me a credit because a special with a 20 day turnaround time lasted over 6 months - and they only did this because I called over and over again demanding somebody to hear me out. PSA I have had a smoother experience with, but the wait time is what it is anymore for these companies. BGS doesn't even offer specials because they couldn't keep up (and I don't believe they have for over a year). Throw the pandemic shut down in there for a little while....some people may be waiting well into 2021.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2020 2:01PM

Been over a year since submitting until a couple of weeks ago. Do they still send an email when you get logged or do they do that now? If they do is it instant or is it delayed? TIA

• Options

I have never had this happen before but I sent in 7 subs in 1 box. They only entered 1 order so far. Usually they all get entered once the box is opened. Don't really like the fact that the box has been opened and now the cards are not entered. With a delay in entering it is kind of ok since you know that they received it and all your stuff is still in the box :(

• Options

@ElvisP said:
    Been over a year since submitting until a couple of weeks ago. Do they still send an email when you get logged or do they do that now? If they do is it instant or is it delayed? TIA

Yes, an email is generated once the sub is logged in.

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:
    I have never had this happen before but I sent in 7 subs in 1 box. They only entered 1 order so far. Usually they all get entered once the box is opened. Don't really like the fact that the box has been opened and now the cards are not entered. With a delay in entering it is kind of ok since you know that they received it and all your stuff is still in the box :(

Were all the subs the same service level?

• Options

@grote15 said:

@beachbumcollecting said:

Were all the subs the same service level?

different service levels. I had always put different service levels before and they were all entered at the same time. Just hope there is some control over the opened packages :(

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the budget allows, i highly recommend express service. never in a million years did i think i'd say this, but 75 clams is oh so worth it.

i sent in one card that was received two days ago at 2:41 pm Cali time. before i left work today (roughly two biz days later), i received an email saying my card hit the grading stage and i needed to review it for accuracy

• Options

@ElvisP said:

Man, I was guessing closer to 10 graders, if that

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    if the budget allows, i highly recommend express service. never in a million years did i think i'd say this, but 75 clams is oh so worth it.

i sent in one card that was received two days ago at 2:41 pm Cali time. before i left work today (roughly two biz days later), i received an email saying my card hit the grading stage and i needed to review it for accuracy

I wish I had done this instead of renewing my membership. Right now I am thinking I may never see those 15 cards again.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 business days from loggage to poppage for my express service submission (1 card)

i've been experiencing a bizarre "i only paid 75 bucks for that?" sensation all afternoon

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

The entire situation truly is terrible. I hope that things return to normal in the country soon.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

Has anyone else here subbed any CC Platinum orders since the Covid shutdown? I sent 2 CC orders that are both at 22 business days since loggage and have been sitting in Grading for about 15 days now.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 2:59PM

@erikthredd said:
    Has anyone else here subbed any CC Platinum orders since the Covid shutdown? I sent 2 CC orders that are both at 22 business days since loggage and have been sitting in Grading for about 15 days now.

I think CC renews are treated the same as the Economy/$20 service? If so, my last two of those were 34 & 40 days total from log to ship, logging in early June.

ETA: Oops, probably one biz day less each, guessing they had a July 4th holiday observed on the Friday before.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

So 8 Weeks in Assembly now! I just saw in another thread that somebody's order was 2 months in Quality Check Is this a fluke, I thought (am Thinking, Praying, Wishing, Hoping) that Quality check was the fastest, cause they are so easy mostly to do I would think, my order is 91 cards, 83 from the same set and 8 from another set! Are there other Horror stories of Qual Ck #1 & #2 taking forever?

Thanks

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@erikthredd said:

I think CC renews are treated the same as the Economy/$20 service? If so, my last two of those were 34 & 40 days total from log to ship, logging in early June.

ETA: Oops, probably one biz day less each, guessing they had a July 4th holiday observed on the Friday before.

Thanks. I'm pretty close then.

• Options

Would anyone happen to know what the current situation is at PSA for having cards reholdered?

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

@MikeyP said:
    Would anyone happen to know what the current situation is at PSA for having cards reholdered?

Someone I know had returned a card to get it relabelled (due to PSA error) and it only took 10 days or so...we were surprised...

• Options

Thanks, Kep. I wonder if in that particular case they sent it to someone directly, since it was a PSA error.

• Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

My pack sub logged in a few days back. Happy for that :)

Let’s see how long it takes as I imagine they are bombarded with orders

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 8 calendar weeks in assembly. On 1 lousy Jan 10th sub.

8 weeks in research on a March 6th 222 card bulk.

All other bulks are current thru May. May and June was nuts 40 + subs of all types. Thank God I have no social life to begin with due to Covid19 :s

They have no complaints from me.

Jeff

• Options

So weird that a multi-million dollar industry is totally dependent on one man to determine if wax is searched or not

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thatguy822 said:
    So weird that a multi-million dollar industry is totally dependent on one man to determine if wax is searched or not

I've wondered about this as well. Perhaps they have back up trained authenticators for wax.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get too hung up on how long your sub "sits" in a particular stage of the process. It might be sitting on a shelf waiting to be looked at.

In any business like this "bottlenecks" occur. That's why submissions can be stuck in one place and then suddenly move forward quickly.

I sent in 5 submissions that were received on 7/11 and only one is logged in. It's in research and ID and the rest are?????

It's very hard to be patient.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@erikthredd said:

Mine has been there 4 weeks tomorrow, Right now I would be happy to get it logged.

• Options

I would love to see how orders are picked up at the PO, scanned in at PSA and then what happens?With thousands of boxes waiting to be logged, where are they? Too many to be on shelves. Are they just piled up in bins maybe by date? They have to be sorted some way due to the different service levels. Anyone have any idea where they keep or what they do with boxes waiting to be logged and which are the chosen ones that actually get logged?

• Options

@ElvisP said:
    I would love to see how orders are picked up at the PO, scanned in at PSA and then what happens?With thousands of boxes waiting to be logged, where are they? Too many to be on shelves. Are they just piled up in bins maybe by date? They have to be sorted some way due to the different service levels. Anyone have any idea where they keep or what they do with boxes waiting to be logged and which are the chosen ones that actually get logged?

PSA has a waiting area for all of their new orders. B)

• Options
    edited August 1, 2020 6:46PM

@erikthredd said:

@ElvisP said:

PSA has a waiting area for all of their new orders. B)

I’m afraid that it’s not near that neat, lol.

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

fwiw, finally got loggage today on a quarterly special received by psa 6/11.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020 8:15PM

64 card modern order, shipped to PSA on 6/15 and still hasn't even logged into the system yet.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

So is there any truth to the Philosophy (Read As: Obsession, Mania, Affliction, Hysteria, Wishful Thinking, Optimism, Hope, Insanity, Ad nauseum) that if you Click on the Order Status 400 times a day, it makes the Sub Speed Up!!??? :o:s:D

YeeHah!

Neil

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Don't get too hung up on how long your sub "sits" in a particular stage of the process. It might be sitting on a shelf waiting to be looked at.

In any business like this "bottlenecks" occur. That's why submissions can be stuck in one place and then suddenly move forward quickly.

I sent in 5 submissions that were received on 7/11 and only one is logged in. It's in research and ID and the rest are?????

It's very hard to be patient.

I was concerned with something similar. I had a 6 order submission received in early June. 5 of the 6 were logged in July and the 6th one sits in ??? I called yesterday and they said not to be concerned....but to let them know if it isnt logged by next Wednesday.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine moved into QA a few days ago and grades popped just after noon today. I also have two other subs, one of which moved two steps in the last hour or two.

• Options

@mrpeanut39 said:
    fwiw, finally got loggage today on a quarterly special received by psa 6/11.

I have 6 of 7 orders received 6/24 that aren't logged yet.

so 2 months to log them in and potentially 5-6 months to grade. it seems that maybe psa should put a temporary stop on bulk/quarterly special offerings and only offer the premium services until they can figure out how to make things move more quickly or get caught up. :(

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I had movement on two subs this week. The first was a one card dual sub, that was received on 6/10 and received notice on August 3rd that it was in research. No movement before then.

The second sub was a pack sub, received in early January. That sub just went into the grading phase Friday.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I find the detailed tracker just adds frustration. I have no true understanding of the grading process.. so it just adds to frustration when it takes5 weeks to assemble. Better off just having 4 phases... logged, started, grades pop, shipped

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here