Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Question - How Long?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

My pack sub logged on Jan. 20th popped today.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options

my bulk orders were logged in this week, 1 day shy of 8 weeks to enter to help expectations

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@tonylags said:
    Here's my question; I have 1 card that I was thinking about sending in as express {10 day} $75.00 fee; because I want it back quickly, prior to basketball playoffs ending; if they end up holding it for 30 days before they even acknowledge it; than what am I paying for.

I sent two cards in express, picked up by PSA the 17th and logged on the 19th and in grading the 20th.

• Options

Man, not sure how you can properly assess a card in 10 seconds..I often scour over cards for 2-3 minutes deciding whether it has all the qualities to be a PSA 10...no way I could grade most cards in 10 seconds...I need at least a minute to look at 8 corners, 8 borders, centering, both surfaces, etc...I would be flabbergasted if graders are doing cards in 10 seconds...

Good lord! I hope it takes at least 10 seconds to get out if the card saver.

• Options
    Gator1Gator1 Posts: 18 ✭✭

I send in an submission every few days. Prior to COVID they were getting about 300 a day. Now they are over 1000 and some weeks it has been 1200. I have over 50 orders in since may first that are 45 day bulk preferred. None have moved out of research. I do not think they are grading any bulk That is not extremely old and the preferred customers are not getting any preferred service. They have a mess!

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@soxaddict said:

Man, not sure how you can properly assess a card in 10 seconds..I often scour over cards for 2-3 minutes deciding whether it has all the qualities to be a PSA 10...no way I could grade most cards in 10 seconds...I need at least a minute to look at 8 corners, 8 borders, centering, both surfaces, etc...I would be flabbergasted if graders are doing cards in 10 seconds...

Good lord! I hope it takes at least 10 seconds to get out if the card saver.

agree....I see no possible way cards can be graded in under 30 seconds...I still think a minute is the time I would require to be assured I looked carefully at all corners, edges, centering and surfaces...so if the average is a minute per card, it is going to be a llllloooonnnngggg time to deal with the current backlog of cards at PSA...

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2020 1:28PM

My voucher submission just logged - PSA received package 7/23. Woohoo!

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

February 28th.... Submitted to PSA in Valley Forge. Joked with a dealer friend that we'd see our cards on the 4th of July
    March 11th ..... Logged

and then,
    Yawn ..... Yawn ..... Some fist slamming ..... more yawning ..... some attempts at rationalizing these new time frames ..... yawn
    yawn ..... daily checking .... then ......
    Dropped into the grading bucket on August 21st.
    Thanksgiving a possibility???

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options

Good turnaround time on my express order.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

My economy order of 9 cards shipped to PSA 6/6 and logged 7/6. It is now completed and being shipped back to me 8/31. So about 3 months from beginning to end for an economy order.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)