Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Question - How Long?

I sent my first shipment to PSA, which was received on May 15. Thus far, it has progressed through research to grading. Once it reaches grading, is this where the huge wait is? I thought I read that typically, the huge wait is in the research portion. I apologize if this question has been answered over and over again, but thank you!

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you have an order sitting in grading less than a month after they received it, i'd say you're doing quite well

i have one in QA2 and the biggest snag was in R&I............and that step is in your rearview mirror

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@hamilton989 said:
    I sent my first shipment to PSA, which was received on May 15. Thus far, it has progressed through research to grading.

I hate you

• Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@hamilton989 said:
    I sent my first shipment to PSA, which was received on May 15. Thus far, it has progressed through research to grading. Once it reaches grading, is this where the huge wait is? I thought I read that typically, the huge wait is in the research portion. I apologize if this question has been answered over and over again, but thank you!

Guessing this isn't a bulk sub...what service level did you use?

• sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

My bulk order was picked up by PSA at the philly show in February. Its still in R&D.
    What EagleEyeKid said ....

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    My bulk order was picked up by PSA at the philly show in February. Its still in R&D.
    What EagleEyeKid said ....

I got my reholder order back already that I dropped off at the Philly Show. I'm guessing the OP wasn't using a bulk service, hence why it moved through so fast. I have heard that they are very backed up due to bulk orders, and that other service levels are moving at a normal speed. If true, it's not surprising to me. People are sending thousands of cards in at a time. It's bound to back up.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still waiting on loggage of a pack sub received on 5/21 so I'd say you are in great shape!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

bulk - mailed dec 23, logged jan 8. still researching. psa missed 20 or business days due to the virus. those days do not cout. i'm still at day 80 or so. psa said it would be after july 4 probably.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

count

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

Hey Orioles93 ....
    Just a tiny forum tid-bit, but I'm pretty sure you were right in-front of me in line at the PSA booth on Friday night....
    (Reholders + Postwar HOF Registry Set were my clues....)

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much time ya got?

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

218 card bulk sub logged in on January 18th, still in research & ID.

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

I am amazed you are in grading to be quite honest with you. I have one logged in Feb still in Research and ID.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I have two 55 card bulk orders there right now. Both went into R/I in about a day and have been there since. One on 2/7 and the other 3/11.

• hamilton989hamilton989 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Maybe it's because it's my first submission as it seems to be moving through very fast. This was my 15 card submission for joining with the platinum account. Since yesterday, it has progressed farther:

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

Waiting for loggage from 2 orders rcvd 5/20....1 renewal, and 1 bulk

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just mailed three orders to PSA yesterday,is it too soon to start checking if my grades have popped yet? B)

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am shocked. My 15 card renewal sub was received May 18 and logged June 5. So it took three weeks to log, but it is in QA Check 2 after five days!!

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I am shocked. My 15 card renewal sub was received May 18 and logged June 5. So it took three weeks to log, but it is in QA Check 2 after five days!!

That is great news. I was going to renew my membership and I was told on the phone that the vouchers were economy only and I may have to wait the 100 days to get my vouchers done. I said no thanks and hung up.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    edited June 10, 2020 2:34PM

@wrestlingcardking said:

@PaulMaul said:

That is great news. I was going to renew my membership and I was told on the phone that the vouchers were economy only and I may have to wait the 100 days to get my vouchers done. I said no thanks and hung up.

Also, the Fees/Services page currently has turnaround time for economy at only 45 days. A few weeks ago it said 80.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

My platinum renewal was delivered 5/14, logged on 6/5, and now in the grading stage o:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyU7BbQSm98
  • I sent PSA a whole hobby box of 2000 Playoff Momentum football packs to get graded, plus a 2000 Crown Royale hobby pack that had Tom Brady on the front (17 total packs, 16 of which were exactly the same). They received it on Dec 17, 2019, and it's still in Research/ID. At the time of my submission, packs had a 70 or 75 business day turnaround time; however, I now see that PSA changed it to 100+. I hate to say it, but I might be done with PSA pack grading - having around $2k in packs being held up for half a year is getting too tough to swallow, but unfortunately I don't have any other pack grading options. I'm surprised BGS hasn't picked it up, though maybe they rather concentrate on faster turnaround times for card grading.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW my CC voucher sub that was received late last week is already in for grading. Nice!

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of cards I would like to get graded. If I sent them express($75 level), anyone know what I might expect time wise? TIA

• I sent in a bulk submission (Quarterly Special) right at Covid shutdown. They logged it as received on 05/11, and shipped them to me on 05/27. Not bad at all.

@Kep13 said:

@hamilton989 said:

Guessing this isn't a bulk sub...what service level did you use?

@Dpeck100 said:
    WOW my CC voucher sub that was received late last week is already in for grading. Nice!

Mine took three weeks to log, and just popped today after 6 business days! Incredible! I honestly thought it would be until October when I sent these in.

6-card CC Free

Jan 24 - received
    Feb 18 - logged
    June 11 - pop goes the weasel

• TheTCGeniusTheTCGenius Posts: 6
    edited June 12, 2020 7:50AM

Has anyone noticed a glitch in the system as far as updating the grading chain? I have a number of orders at PSA, most of which are in the R&D part of the chain. However, i have had about 4 of them seemingly skip to assembly. I have not received an email saying they started the grading process for these orders and when i click on them i do not get the option to review order. Rather, the screen is blank (i will attach a picture). I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone in the past and if it is something i should call about or just wait it out.

@TheTCGenius

give it some time. the same thing happened to me -- a long jump from R&ID to Assembly. then after about a week, a red 'review order' box popped up in the exact location of your screenshot and allowed me to do so.

• @galaxy27 said:
    @TheTCGenius

give it some time. the same thing happened to me -- a long jump from R&ID to Assembly. then after about a week, a red 'review order' box popped up in the exact location of your screenshot and allowed me to do so.

Thank you very much!

my 2 bulk subs and pack sub have been in Research for months...I'm not one to call customer service, as I don't think they know much more than I do...just hoping to see one of the orders change over to grading soon...especially the one entered into the system in January

• hamilton989hamilton989 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Mine are now graded and being shipped. All in all took less than a month. Only 15 cards, but I was thinking I'd be waiting six month. Now, for the bulk submission...

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2020 7:34PM

Not sure how, but I had a speedy Express order clear in less than a week. Will have to send back in the Payton as its a beaut.

*Biggest score was the Bird Magic RC as it was a $275 raw ebay purchase!

Total Items: 6
    Date Received: 6/9/2020
    Date Shipped: N/A

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 xxxxxxx VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1986 Fleer 57 Michael Jordan Card
    2 1 xxxxxxx NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Fleer Sticker 8 Michael Jordan Card
    3 1 xxxxxxx NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 Fleer 59 Michael Jordan Card
    4 1 xxxxxxx NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 Topps Scoring Leader Bird,Erving,Johnson Card
    5 1 xxxxxxx NEAR MINT 7 1972 Topps 195 Julius Erving Card
    6 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1976 Topps 148 Walter Payton Card

@PaulMaul said:

@Dpeck100 said:

Mine took three weeks to log, and just popped today after 6 business days! Incredible! I honestly thought it would be until October when I sent these in.

Dpeck100 and PaulMaul- What did you put on the outside of your shipping box? "Collectors Club Renewal"? TIA

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order was packed with a super express order so I used that. Logged in super quick.

This was my first time doing a higher service level sub so I usually put Collectors Club Platinum on the outside.

edited June 14, 2020 10:36AM

@ElvisP said:

@PaulMaul said:

@Dpeck100 said:

Dpeck100 and PaulMaul- What did you put on the outside of your shipping box? "Collectors Club Renewal"? TIA

I had two orders, one CC renewal and one straight economy. So I just put economy on the outside. Again, it did take three weeks to log, so I guess it might have gone even faster had I put CC free on the outside.

Thanks guys!

One other question guys, on your sub did you send all 15 freebies at one time?

@hamilton989 said:
    Mine are now graded and being shipped. All in all took less than a month. Only 15 cards, but I was thinking I'd be waiting six month. Now, for the bulk submission...

I have a feeling they are concentrating their efforts on smaller orders, as that way you have less customers upset, since you can knock out those small orders a lot quicker than the bulk subs....unfortunately, that could mean extremely long wait times for bulk orders...

edited June 15, 2020 6:29PM

I would imagine express or expedited service levels like dpeck's may be quicker, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I am still waiting on loggage of a pack sub received on 5/21 so I'd say you are in great shape!

I have a 2 card submission that they received on 5/21 as well that has not been logged into the system yet as well. Waiting patiently never gets any easier!

@robert67 said:

@grote15 said:

I have a 2 card submission that they received on 5/21 as well that has not been logged into the system yet as well. Waiting patiently never gets any easier!

My pack sub was just logged in today so you should see an update soon.

After a year and a half absence I finally renewed my membership. Really nervous about sending some expensive cards(to me) and not seeing them again until Christmas, but now that I have renewed I have no choice.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@robert67 said:

@grote15 said:

My pack sub was just logged in today so you should see an update soon.

Great predicition! Logged in today.

It's funny how exciting this still is after 16 years of infrequent submitting. Lol.

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2020 7:23PM

@grote15 said:

My pack sub logged on 5/20. Of course mine is also in the R&ID stage. I imagine that is where Steve Hart comes in? I sent in 38 packs.

@yankeeno7 said:

@grote15 said:

My pack sub logged on 5/20. Of course mine is also in the R&ID stage. I imagine that is where Steve Hart comes in? I sent in 38 packs.

Yes, that is the longest stage for a pack submission.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

With Mr. Hart dealing with the virus can one expect a delay for this phase?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Steve is doing better, thankfully, and the shop is reopening next week.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Steve is doing better, thankfully, and the shop is reopening next week.

Always good to hear when someone recovers from that virus.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2020 10:43PM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

He is the only one who authenticates packs and they were backed up by tons of boxes to wrap at the time he came down with it, so I believe there will be a significant delay, yes. With that being said, I am sure the PSA order is high priority for him.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    My platinum renewal was delivered 5/14, logged on 6/5, and now in the grading stage o:)

A big thank you to PSA as the above order is now in my possession after spending just over a month at Newport Beach. They are doing a great job and addressing the wait time issue as it stands. It may take some time to clear through the bulk subs but it is good to see that PSA is listening to others concerns and taking steps to improve upon the process. Case in point, it wasn't long ago that it was suggested by the masses to separate bulk into different years and look where we are at now. Kudos PSA!