Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Question - How Long?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2020 9:16PM

it seems that maybe psa should put a temporary stop on bulk/quarterly special offerings and only offer the premium services until they can figure out how to make things move more quickly or get caught up. :(

Good idea!

Stop doing the $1,000.00 orders so we can do more $50.00 orders.

Anyone with any experience in a production job knows little orders slow things down a LOT more than big ones and, obviously cost more to do, making the company less profit.

@eagles33 said:
    I find the detailed tracker just adds frustration. I have no true understanding of the grading process.. so it just adds to frustration when it takes5 weeks to assemble. Better off just having 4 phases... logged, started, grades pop, shipped

Absolutely agree! Who cares what area it's in if it's not being worked on?

I would take it further, logged in........shipped.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

it seems that maybe psa should put a temporary stop on bulk/quarterly special offerings and only offer the premium services until they can figure out how to make things move more quickly or get caught up. :(

Good idea!

Anyone with any experience in a production job knows little orders slow things down a LOT more than big ones and, obviously cost more to do, making the company less profit.

Hmmmmmm ........ that doesn't make sense to me since that is what they are doing right now. logging in premium priced (more $50.00 orders)orders and letting the bulk ($1000.00 orders) ones sit in a dark abyss. if that is the case then why offer a premium level at all if they aren't making more money per man hour of production? just make everything 1 service level and charge based on the declared value?

From a business perspective, maybe they could get away with it if cards were logged but not logging cards for 2 months is going to hurt business. I know I am not sending any more cards in because I don't like the feeling not knowing if my cards are dumped or being crushed in the back of a storage room or not.

• Options

@beachbumcollecting said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Good idea!

Hmmmmmm ........ that doesn't make sense to me since that is what they are doing right now. logging in premium priced (more $50.00 orders)orders and letting the bulk ($1000.00 orders) ones sit in a dark abyss. if that is the case then why offer a premium level at all if they aren't making more money per man hour of production? just make everything 1 service level and charge based on the declared value?

From a business perspective, maybe they could get away with it if cards were logged but not logging cards for 2 months is going to hurt business. I know I am not sending any more cards in because I don't like the feeling not knowing if my cards are dumped or being crushed in the back of a storage room or not.

I am not sure how you know what they're doing right now, I am not sure they actually do.

PSA states clearly that turn around times are not guaranteed, so we really don't have a real complaint here. By submitting we agree to those terms.

I have 5 orders that were received the same day, the CC renewal was logged in almost right away and the only other order that has been logged is a "super jumbo size" order about a month later. I do have a bulk order in with those that has not been logged. So, you may be correct about the bulk orders being put "on hold".

I would be willing to wager that at some point a supervisor says "hey, let's get working on the bulk orders" and they become a priority.

PSA doesn't have to tell people not to send in bulk (or any sized) orders, they can work on the ones they have whenever they feel like it. No company is going to come out and say "Don't send us business". Orders equal money and the security of future revenue.

Your second point is well taken, and always one that confused me. In the past, I sent in orders with different turn around times (paying more for a faster turn) and my bulk submission got done first. Made no sense to me at the time.

I completely agree that cards should be logged in ASAP. In my case, they have taken 2 of the 5 orders out of my box, why not just log them all at the same time while they're at it?

I don't think your cards are being "dumped or being crushed in the back of a storage room".

I worked in production for 24 years and we would go for months on end working overtime. 12 hour days and Saturday and even some Sundays where we earned "double time". I never understood that, and still don't.

I once asked the question of why not hire a bunch of people to get caught up, I was told by one of the "office people" that 50% of the people fail the drug test. I am sure a pretty high number of those that pass are not qualified to grade cards.

ALL the grading companies are "swamped". It is beginning to look like this will continue until less people send in cards, NOT when the grading companies increase their ability to grade more cards at a faster rate.

It's a frustrating time right now for all.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Good idea!

I am not sure how you know what they're doing right now, I am not sure they actually do.

PSA states clearly that turn around times are not guaranteed, so we really don't have a real complaint here. By submitting we agree to those terms.

I have 5 orders that were received the same day, the CC renewal was logged in almost right away and the only other order that has been logged is a "super jumbo size" order about a month later. I do have a bulk order in with those that has not been logged. So, you may be correct about the bulk orders being put "on hold".

I would be willing to wager that at some point a supervisor says "hey, let's get working on the bulk orders" and they become a priority.

PSA doesn't have to tell people not to send in bulk (or any sized) orders, they can work on the ones they have whenever they feel like it. No company is going to come out and say "Don't send us business". Orders equal money and the security of future revenue.

Your second point is well taken, and always one that confused me. In the past, I sent in orders with different turn around times (paying more for a faster turn) and my bulk submission got done first. Made no sense to me at the time.

I completely agree that cards should be logged in ASAP. In my case, they have taken 2 of the 5 orders out of my box, why not just log them all at the same time while they're at it?

I don't think your cards are being "dumped or being crushed in the back of a storage room".

I worked in production for 24 years and we would go for months on end working overtime. 12 hour days and Saturday and even some Sundays where we earned "double time". I never understood that, and still don't.

I once asked the question of why not hire a bunch of people to get caught up, I was told by one of the "office people" that 50% of the people fail the drug test. I am sure a pretty high number of those that pass are not qualified to grade cards.

ALL the grading companies are "swamped". It is beginning to look like this will continue until less people send in cards, NOT when the grading companies increase their ability to grade more cards at a faster rate.

It's a frustrating time right now for all.

The first thing it says when you click/tap ‘Start Submission.’ Is there is a 7 weekish back log to getting orders started after receiving.

Of course cards should be logged in ASAP. I’m pretty sure PSA is aware of this.

Another thing to keep in mind is submitting cards for grading has EXPLOOODED! It’s talked about it all the time. But when it comes to grading THEIR cards, “OH PSA need to do something about this!”

Mr. Sloan has sent out 2 newsletters describing IN DETAIL how they’ve expanded capacity, updated their process with the assistance of robotics, and upgraded the grading line, and more updates. If you’d like me to copy the newsletters for you I’d be happy to. (With pictures!) Now, throw in COVID 19. They now have to grade cards whilst in compliance with all social distancing guidelines.

More people need to give PSA The benefit of the doubt here, that they are busting their butts to not only keep up with The avalanche of cards coming in, but upgrading their lines, expanding grading capacity, expanding grading staff, starting 3-shift rotations, and complying with COVID 19 on top of all this. I have 3 orders waiting myself, but I’m cool with it, because they have a lot going on other than “grading” our memorabilia.

• Options

maybe psa should put a temporary stop on bulk/quarterly special offerings and only offer the premium services until they can figure out how to make things move more quickly or get caught up. :(

You may be right, I have 5 orders in 4 are logged the bulk order 171 cards is not.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

maybe psa should put a temporary stop on bulk/quarterly special offerings and only offer the premium services until they can figure out how to make things move more quickly or get caught up. :(

You may be right, I have 5 orders in 4 are logged the bulk order 171 cards is not.

hey Joe, I think we are on the same page, I am not complaining about turn around times , in fact I am not really complaining at all ;)

It just seems that with what is going on all that is going to happen is more and more people get upset on log times. That is what I find the most frustrating. I too had my renewal sub logged after 1 month , the bulk and special orders that were in the same package is still not logged after almost 2 months.

Sure stopping bulk won't solve the problem as people will send in a lot once it reopens but at least PSA will be starting at close to a zero delay and have gained some knowledge on how it can be better managed(as much as I like the specials there clearly should NOT be any right now). Also, some orders will have to be entered quickly in that scenario and hopefully it will cut back on the delay in non bulk orders and hopefully all orders

@Rofles said:

The first thing it says when you click/tap ‘Start Submission.’ Is there is a 7 weekish back log to getting orders started after receiving.

the big problem here is the current approach does not have any end in site an they will just keep increasing this time.

when I sent my cards in, it said 3-4 weeks delay on logging. now it is 7 weeks which is where I am at , I would not be surprised if that 7 weekish back log becomes 10 weeks in a week or so........

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Question? When is the grading fee taken from your bank account?/ In other words , how long do they keep your money before you get your cards?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 1:49PM

@1959 said:
    Question? When is the grading fee taken from your bank account?/ In other words , how long do they keep your money before you get your cards?

They dont bill you till grading is completed and order is prepared to ship.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

thanks for the info. that seems very fair. I guess it's possible your bank statement can let you know that your cards are graded before PSA'. Just keep checking your bank account.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

hey Joe, I think we are on the same page, I am not complaining about turn around times , in fact I am not really complaining at all ;)

It just seems that with what is going on all that is going to happen is more and more people get upset on log times. That is what I find the most frustrating. I too had my renewal sub logged after 1 month , the bulk and special orders that were in the same package is still not logged after almost 2 months.

Sure stopping bulk won't solve the problem as people will send in a lot once it reopens but at least PSA will be starting at close to a zero delay and have gained some knowledge on how it can be better managed(as much as I like the specials there clearly should NOT be any right now). Also, some orders will have to be entered quickly in that scenario and hopefully it will cut back on the delay in non bulk orders and hopefully all orders

@Rofles said:

the big problem here is the current approach does not have any end in site an they will just keep increasing this time.

when I sent my cards in, it said 3-4 weeks delay on logging. now it is 7 weeks which is where I am at , I would not be surprised if that 7 weekish back log becomes 10 weeks in a week or so........

I knew what I was in for when I sent in my cards.

Promised myself that I would have to be patient, BUT it would be nice if the orders were logged in.

I still doubt that they will officially announce they are not doing bulk orders temporarily. They will do them when they can.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on week 8 for an order not being logged in. I understood when I subbed that it would take a while to get them back, that is fine. Taking 2 months just to log into the system is frustrating though because the "turnaround times" don't technically start until it logs in. So you are just adding a few months onto an already very long process.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I’d always assumed (obviously I don’t know) that the bulk orders include cards of lesser value. Thus the less tenured graders can review those orders. And of course there are a lot more of those types of graders. In other words, any grader can review a bulk order. Very few graders are the ones looking at the highest valued cards, and thus submitted with faster turnarounds. Therefore those individuals have a differing volume than those doing bulk. Again, so I assume.

• Options

@GreenSneakers said:

I’d always assumed (obviously I don’t know) that the bulk orders include cards of lesser value. Thus the less tenured graders can review those orders. And of course there are a lot more of those types of graders. In other words, any grader can review a bulk order. Very few graders are the ones looking at the highest valued cards, and thus submitted with faster turnarounds. Therefore those individuals have a differing volume than those doing bulk. Again, so I assume.

Certainly a possibility. Of course you are attempting to use common sense, a dangerous thing these days.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 8:58AM

Is it just me or should there be a "we got it, waiting to be processed but rest assured all 6 orders in your box are in safe hands even though we logged 1 of those subs in well over a month ago" as the first step in the pizza tracker?

hopefully the sentinels can initiate that?

• Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I just renewed my Platinum membership and mailed in some cards today. Hoping for a decent turnaround, but I certainly understand the delays. More cards for my Registry set.

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • Options
    hamilton989hamilton989 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Mine were received on 6/19 and just got word today that order was finally processed. Eight weeks. Now in research and ID. I imagine this will take several months minimum?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    Is it just me or should there be a "we got it, waiting to be processed but rest assured all 6 orders in your box are in safe hands even though we logged 1 of those subs in well over a month ago" as the first step in the pizza tracker?

Don't they have something like that? A link where you can enter your tracking number and see that your package has arrived? Obviously they can't tell that your eight 1982 Topps Shooty Babbits arrived until they compare the contents of your box to the order slip, which is what logging is.

• Options

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

Don't they have something like that? A link where you can enter your tracking number and see that your package has arrived? Obviously they can't tell that your eight 1982 Topps Shooty Babbits arrived until they compare the contents of your box to the order slip, which is what logging is.

Yep! Go to the my orders section in your profile and there’s a link to track your package. You put in your tracking number and gives you the date they received it.

• Options

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

yes, fedex, usps and ups has that. however, if you read more carefully I said when there are 6 orders in 1 box and they've only logged 1 of those after a month, things can get concerning. Obviously I know they've recvd my master shipment because 1 out of my 6 orders has been logged. It'd be nice to know that the other 5 are accounted for and not thrown out w the packaging materials. I could care less about the wait time. I know what I signed up for.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turnaround times are brutal right now, I've have two CC orders of 2 & 14 cards that have both been sitting in grading for 5 weeks now and thats with half of each order only getting slabbed as Authentic. Just imagine if the National actually takes place later in the year and the huge addition of backlog that that usually brings with it.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

yes, fedex, usps and ups has that. however, if you read more carefully I said when there are 6 orders in 1 box and they've only logged 1 of those after a month, things can get concerning. Obviously I know they've recvd my master shipment because 1 out of my 6 orders has been logged. It'd be nice to know that the other 5 are accounted for and not thrown out w the packaging materials. I could care less about the wait time. I know what I signed up for.

And again: Obviously they can't tell that your eight 1982 Topps Shooty Babbits arrived until they compare the contents of your box to the order slip, which is what logging is.

• Options

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

And again: Obviously they can't tell that your eight 1982 Topps Shooty Babbits arrived until they compare the contents of your box to the order slip, which is what logging is.

And again, when you have 6 separate boxes in 1 box and have only logged 1 box in after a month, it makes one nervous about the other 5. At what point do you bring up "yes ma'am, i know y'all are backed up and i've waited patiently for 2 months before calling. I see that you've logged only one sub from the 6 that were in that one shipment". Imagine if that answer ends up being "well sir, we've looked everywhere & that's the only one we have for you". You think those other 5 boxes are still gonna be in that same trash can from 2 months earlier? Hence the reason there needs to be some sort of initial recognition that your order has arrived safely because they don't log all the content at one time.

And when I say 6 boxes in one box, I mean padded packs clearly marked but could still be collateral damage due to human error or oversight.

a simple tracking number verification is absolutely useless when you have 6 orders associated with it and those 6 separate orders get logged in randomly over the course of 2-3months!

If you can't understand the premise of this, i don't know what to tell ya.

• Options

Or to put it in layman's terms, it's like i'm ripping a loose unwrapped '84 x-out football wax box when i wanted to rip a bbce fasc box.

I don't know what's gonna happen with each pack and there's a lot of room for serious mishaps.

• Options

The national has been canceled.

• Options

@1959 said:

Postponed until the second week of December in Atlantic city

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I think they should change the research and ID name to IAPW.(IN A PILE WAITING). Does a regular 1950-1970 topps card need to be researched? I can see it with all the new crap.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

And again, when you have 6 separate boxes in 1 box and have only logged 1 box in after a month, it makes one nervous about the other 5. At what point do you bring up "yes ma'am, i know y'all are backed up and i've waited patiently for 2 months before calling. I see that you've logged only one sub from the 6 that were in that one shipment". Imagine if that answer ends up being "well sir, we've looked everywhere & that's the only one we have for you". You think those other 5 boxes are still gonna be in that same trash can from 2 months earlier? Hence the reason there needs to be some sort of initial recognition that your order has arrived safely because they don't log all the content at one time.

And when I say 6 boxes in one box, I mean padded packs clearly marked but could still be collateral damage due to human error or oversight.

a simple tracking number verification is absolutely useless when you have 6 orders associated with it and those 6 separate orders get logged in randomly over the course of 2-3months!

I agree completely.

Seems to me it might save a little time to log them in all at the same time for customers peace of mind.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2020 11:47AM

@1959 said:

Yup,they just cancelled it. Well that is definitely a plus as far as turnaround times *not taking a huge hit at the end of the year.

• Options

Article with Joe Orlando

1.5 MILLION card backlog. We just gotta be patient.

https://t.co/YFVsefFLm3

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 63 cello pack has been in research and id since early December 2019!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I agree. I don’t care if they sit in research and development for 6 months. I’d just like the piece of mind knowing they are safe. They could very well be sitting in the same place they are now, but just being able to see my order number makes me feel better.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

With more graders I suspect we will see less consistency. It only stands to reason that many more eyes will see things differently.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

When are grades available? When it moves from grading to assembly or later on?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    When are grades available? When it moves from grading to assembly or later on?

Not until Shipping.

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I got one of my two orders logged today. They received it on 6/19, so close to two months. I would assume that would be the case for bulk or specials or that has been the case with me. I just sent in an express order so I’ll keep you guys updated.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

I'm trying to imagine how long it would take to get thru 1.5 million cards...even if you had 20 graders, which I suspect is high, if a grader does a card a minute and works a 10-hour shift, he/she could grade 600 cards in a day...if there were 20 graders, that'd be 12,000 cards graded a day...that'd be 125 days to get thru the backlog of 1.5 million cards...and the new submissions probably continue to flow in at a higher rate than ever...it's going to be a long time, it seems, for some kind of normalcy to return as far as turn times go...

• Options

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

I'm trying to imagine how long it would take to get thru 1.5 million cards...even if you had 20 graders, which I suspect is high, if a grader does a card a minute and works a 10-hour shift, he/she could grade 600 cards in a day...if there were 20 graders, that'd be 12,000 cards graded a day...that'd be 125 days to get thru the backlog of 1.5 million cards...and the new submissions probably continue to flow in at a higher rate than ever...it's going to be a long time, it seems, for some kind of normalcy to return as far as turn times go...

I think joe mentioned they’ve hired what, 100 new graders? Perhaps as PSA integrates these new graders and keeps hiring more, things will get back to normal. Just takes time.

• Options

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

I heard somewhere each grader gets about 10 seconds to grade a card, each card is looked at by 2 "junior" graders. If they agree, the card gets the agreed upon grade, if they don't agree, a "senior" grader looks at it and makes the decision.

IF it's 10 seconds a card a person could look at 3600 cards a day. Divided by two of course if two graders actually look at each card.

On another subject; Apparently some graders don't know about the 1/2 grades, you rarely see them.

@Rofles said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

I think joe mentioned they’ve hired what, 100 new graders? Perhaps as PSA integrates these new graders and keeps hiring more, things will get back to normal. Just takes time.

Not sure what "normal" is going to be, but things should settle down when prices drop back to "normal" and everyone gets back to work. Everything goes in cycles.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

I heard somewhere each grader gets about 10 seconds to grade a card, each card is looked at by 2 "junior" graders. If they agree, the card gets the agreed upon grade, if they don't agree, a "senior" grader looks at it and makes the decision.

IF it's 10 seconds a card a person could look at 3600 cards a day. Divided by two of course if two graders actually look at each card.

On another subject; Apparently some graders don't know about the 1/2 grades, you rarely see them.

@Rofles said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

Not sure what "normal" is going to be, but things should settle down when prices drop back to "normal" and everyone gets back to work. Everything goes in cycles.

Man, not sure how you can properly assess a card in 10 seconds..I often scour over cards for 2-3 minutes deciding whether it has all the qualities to be a PSA 10...no way I could grade most cards in 10 seconds...I need at least a minute to look at 8 corners, 8 borders, centering, both surfaces, etc...I would be flabbergasted if graders are doing cards in 10 seconds...

• Options

@Kep13 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

@Rofles said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

Man, not sure how you can properly assess a card in 10 seconds..I often scour over cards for 2-3 minutes deciding whether it has all the qualities to be a PSA 10...no way I could grade most cards in 10 seconds...I need at least a minute to look at 8 corners, 8 borders, centering, both surfaces, etc...I would be flabbergasted if graders are doing cards in 10 seconds...

That's what I thought too.

Then I thought about doing something every day for a living. You get pretty good/fast at your job.

By no means claiming that 10 seconds is the standard, it's just what was mentioned in the past.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

@Rofles said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

Then I thought about doing something every day for a living. You get pretty good/fast at your job.

By no means claiming that 10 seconds is the standard, it's just what was mentioned in the past.

I'm glad my Doctor takes longer. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

@Rofles said:

@Kep13 said:

@Rofles said:
    Article with Joe Orlando

Something to think about: with all the new graders starting, perhaps they are spending longer on each card, which would explain the stricter grades as of late. Perhaps the “10 second grader” is what a lot of people have gotten accustom to, if there’s truth to that. Just a thought.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Here's my question; I have 1 card that I was thinking about sending in as express {10 day} $75.00 fee; because I want it back quickly, prior to basketball playoffs ending; if they end up holding it for 30 days before they even acknowledge it; than what am I paying for.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

@tonylags said:
    Here's my question; I have 1 card that I was thinking about sending in as express {10 day} $75.00 fee; because I want it back quickly, prior to basketball playoffs ending; if they end up holding it for 30 days before they even acknowledge it; than what am I paying for.

That was my question back before they took so long to log them in. Now there is an additional waiting period.

You will be getting your cards back faster (in theory anyway) than people who will be waiting for 8 months to a year.

• Options

Maybe this will provide some hope. Sent in 3 card Express order week of June 22 via registered mail. I think they received package July 1, was logged in July 6, was finished grading and shipped out July 9. Miracles do happen!

• Options

I shipped 2 orders in one box. One was an 86 fleer Jordan at super express and then I sent in my 15 cc subs. The Jordan was received on 8/18 and is already in QA Check 2. The cc subs have not been listed as received yet. Is that normal even when they are in the same box?

Also, if the MJ was counterfeit at which point would that be determined? I bought it in 1991 at a card show in Virginia Beach. Since it has made it past assembly does that mean that it is legit? That has been my biggest concern subbing this one. It’s either been a great $150 purchase in 1991 or it is going to break 13 year-old me’s heart.

• Options

@uncbuddha said:
    I shipped 2 orders in one box. One was an 86 fleer Jordan at super express and then I sent in my 15 cc subs. The Jordan was received on 8/18 and is already in QA Check 2. The cc subs have not been listed as received yet. Is that normal even when they are in the same box?

I sent in a box with 5 orders, one order (CC Renewal) got logged within a week 3 others about a month later and the last one, a bulk sub, has not yet been logged in.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Turnaround times are brutal right now, I've have two CC orders of 2 & 14 cards that have both been sitting in grading for 5 weeks now and thats with half of each order only getting slabbed as Authentic. Just imagine if the National actually takes place later in the year and the huge addition of backlog that that usually brings with it.

Since I made this comment last week I've had grades pop on two CC orders so huge thank you to the eyes in the sky ;)

Here's a first for me, grades pop on my 14card order while it still in QA1 on the tracker.

• Options

@uncbuddha said:

Also, if the MJ was counterfeit at which point would that be determined? I bought it in 1991 at a card show in Virginia Beach. Since it has made it past assembly does that mean that it is legit? That has been my biggest concern subbing this one. It’s either been a great $150 purchase in 1991 or it is going to break 13 year-old me’s heart.

I've never submitted a counterfeit card, so I can't say for sure, but I'd think it would only show up after your credit card is charged and the tracker shows hipped.

• Options

@daltex said:

@uncbuddha said:

I've never submitted a counterfeit card, so I can't say for sure, but I'd think it would only show up after your credit card is charged and the tracker shows hipped.

It just popped about 10 minutes ago. Got an 8. That is what I expected. I was a little worried since it is the most counterfeited card but was hoping that most of those popped up after I bought this one way back in 1991. If teenage me hadn’t moved it Into about 3 different cases over the years may have gotten a 9. Had some very faint border chipping on the Lower right corner so expected the 8.