• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Abe i love all your goodies, but that Bullet Bob is so sick

have NEVER seen that card before

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:
    Just got these back from SGC.

Those are some sweet 68's. Congrats on the grades, they are pretty tough to get especially for 68's.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

@lilmule said:

@WalkinDude said:
    Just got these back from SGC.

Those are some sweet 68's. Congrats on the grades, they are pretty tough to get especially for 68's.

Thanks for the congrats.

Patrick

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    Abe i love all your goodies, but that Bullet Bob is so sick

have NEVER seen that card before

Thanks Stephen. I started collecting Hayes track cards a couple of years ago, I haven't found any really definitive resources about them so I keep discovering cards, which is a lot of fun. This is the first PSA graded one I've picked up, I'll probably crack it, not sure I want to try to go down the road of getting all my raw ones slabbed.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trevor had to dodge a few clowns rioting, but arrived unscathed :D

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

pooh richardson is like you know what, im about to get abused big-time so screw it im grabbing him with both hands

sweet cardboard Eric

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

pooh richardson is like you know what, im about to get abused big-time so screw it im grabbing him with both hands

sweet cardboard Eric

Thanks. Pooh was probably trying to push him in KG's direction so he can deal with Mike.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Thanks. Pooh was probably trying to push him in KG's direction so he can deal with Mike.

Then he'll have to push him all the way to Mauldin High School in South Carolina because that's where KG was in 1989 at 13 years old. B)

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 3:31PM

@nam812 said:

@erikthredd said:

Then he'll have to push him all the way to Mauldin High School in South Carolina because that's where KG was in 1989 at 13 years old. B)

Lmao I was off about 10yrs on that one, I'll just go stand over here in the corner now and keep quiet lol. :p

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this up last month for a future sub:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coarsegold said:

I always liked this one better than the OPC Premier so I added this to my boys HOF RC Collection.

Not only is it a superior action shot, but a lot of the 1990 OPC Fedorov’s were ruined at the factory in the process of the machines putting them into the packs. And all those red army inserts were gum cards with gum that hardens on the cards or soaks into them. So over time there will be way less 10s than the OPC premier rookie.

Great pickup!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did find one :)

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    I didn't even know this existed before it came across eBay. I know of three different Canon Cubs cards, at least two different Old Style cards and now the Edy's. Now I have to find an unsigned copy. :p

I grabbed the Andre Dawson, had also never heard of the Edy's cards before.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

@maddux69 said:
    I didn't even know this existed before it came across eBay. I know of three different Canon Cubs cards, at least two different Old Style cards and now the Edy's. Now I have to find an unsigned copy. :p

Nice, congrats! I wonder who got the Dick Pole?

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Footballers.
    local guy

fast guy

heluva RB

Falcon favorite

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

To quote Phil Rizzuto... "HOLY COW!!!!!"

@UFFDAH said:
    Excited to get this gorgeous pack back from PSA re-holdering!! A pickup from earlier this year.

Plus Milwaukee Braves catcher Del Crandall on the back!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 1:31PM

@maddux69 said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

@maddux69 said:

Nice, congrats! I wonder who got the Dick Pole?

Vegas is laying 7/2 odds that it was a Kardashian.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2020 6:44PM

Great stuff so far this month. Loving the ‘60 cello with the Mantle/Boyer, the beautiful M116 (someday I will start collecting these) and the cool Maddux autograph. Nice start to the month.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 3:20PM

Love those ‘Bertos!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Tiny bit of mail.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    A Tiny bit of mail.

I saw what you did there. ;)

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2020 8:58AM

I did not have to break the bank.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Arrived today.....centering is TOUGH on these.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

Added this to my boys HOF RC Collection.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2020 5:04PM

@UFFDAH said:
    Excited to get this gorgeous pack back from PSA re-holdering!! A pickup from earlier this year.

First - awesome piece as is many other great new pickups shown-- love these pick up thread showoffs !! Monte's buys always remind me of how much of that stuff never lasts in my house. Wish I'd set 1 pack aside for every box I'd broken ( may have required another storage unit but hey)

Second- hopefully I'm wrong Chris but is that a piece of biological debris inside the slab itself = or just scanner debris right below the A in Rivals ?? Just wondering -- if inside I'd call and get a re-holder done free of charge

More slabs back. Still haven't seen BGS subs from 2020. Or late 2019 for that matter.

All the below are Pop 1 so far. Maybe one day two of the below players not in the HOF will get appropriate recognition for their outstanding careers. We all know about Rivera of course :)

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

FFS it's only June 3rd. You guys are beastly!

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a group of eclectic pick ups for my sets.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:

@UFFDAH said:

First - awesome piece as is many other great new pickups shown-- love these pick up thread showoffs !! Monte's buys always remind me of how much of that stuff never lasts in my house. Wish I'd set 1 pack aside for every box I'd broken ( may have required another storage unit but hey)

Second- hopefully I'm wrong Chris but is that a piece of biological debris inside the slab itself = or just scanner debris right below the A in Rivals ?? Just wondering -- if inside I'd call and get a re-holder done free of charge

More slabs back. Still haven't seen BGS subs from 2020. Or late 2019 for that matter.

All the below are Pop 1 so far. Maybe one day two of the below players not in the HOF will get appropriate recognition for their outstanding careers. We all know about Rivera of course :)

Talking about keeping packs back in the day, I knew of a guy whose Father bought him a full box of cello packs from 1963 High Series because he was sick. The kid didn't open them since he wasn't into cards and put them on a shelf in his room. Well...25 years later back in the late 1980s after hearing how much cards were worth he went to check that his Mom had not thrown out the box. It was still there! There were two packs with Rose RC on top and one on back, Clemente on Top, Stragell RC on top. HE OPENED THEM!!!!! If I were still in Tallahassee going to Florida State, I would have tried to intervene and purchased that box before he "destroyed" it!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters - hello , the spot you see is actually on the card itself.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop eating my posts!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest