Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options

i never saw it ..............

• Options

Does anyone have the number of gold coins left? I think someone mentioned 20 or something as of yesterday? It seems like they released 1 or 2 today

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sj5150 said:
    Does anyone have the number of gold coins left? I think someone mentioned 20 or something as of yesterday? It seems like they released 1 or 2 today

33 as of Sunday

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Popped up as available at 7:45 but wouldn’t let me add to cart then unavailable...the mint removed it from my cart sometime the night before so I don’t have a snowballs chance now . Too many clicks needed.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the mint removed it...wonder if sold out sign is coming today?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Unfortunately, they get to decide what counts. There was a thread on here back in late summer from someone who had that exact issue and got a big fat $15 check from USPS

Is it https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1039728/um-excuse-me-update-in-original-post?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Unfortunately, they get to decide what counts. There was a thread on here back in late summer from someone who had that exact issue and got a big fat $15 check from USPS

Is it https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1039728/um-excuse-me-update-in-original-post?

Yes, that was it.

I'm glad to see he won his appeal.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 10:16AM

looks like I'm no longer deciding if I'm gonna get my v75 ase graded 😄

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    If the mint removed it...wonder if sold out sign is coming today?

I hope this is not the case as I was able to get a V75 ASE 'in the bag' this morning.
    just checked, still there...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Wow. I’m especially surprised on the pre-sale prices on the silver.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

."Any quantity". LOL

At $18,995 for a gold 70 I suppose they can buy some on eBay to fulfill orders.

I really do not know who wants to waste that much money for a couple months of hysteria and then depression will set in when they eventually try to sell it.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

Wow. I’m especially surprised on the pre-sale prices on the silver.

Does First Day of Issue warrant the additional "value" over First Strike?

I'm not a big label fan... unless we are talking about old and green. The extra cost "value" of these labels is ridiculous. It is the same coin. Time to stop before I start ranting. FS does seem to sell for more...

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    ."Any quantity". LOL

I really do not know who wants to waste that much money for a couple months of hysteria and then depression will set in when they eventually try to sell it.

The enhanced silver eagles from last year have surprisingly kept most of their value. Maybe these will be the same.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping that the ERP's would've gone down by now, especially since we're on to the latest rarity from the mint. Time will tell where they go.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 12:15PM

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 12:15PM

Gold now $2550.

Had the gold V75 in cart this morning, it's now empty.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    ."Any quantity". LOL

Totally agree. But for some people, money is no object, even at any price. That’s why I think they should price them at $50K. Some idiot will buy it at that price.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 1:04PM

Am I the only schmoe who has his ASE from the first day still PROCESSING?

I dont understand how people can still be purchasing these things almost 2 weeks later, receiving them in no time, and all the while customers are still waiting for shipments from the first hour of sales.

This would all be so laughable if only it were happening to someone other than me!🤣

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Have you tried calling the Mint to see what the hang up is?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Wow. I’m especially surprised on the pre-sale prices on the silver.”

To the extent the surprise is the low price, check eBay. Justin is selling the FDI 70 coins at even lower prices now. And, no doubt someone may undercut Justin down the road. It’s a race to who can make the least amount of money while picking up market share!

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

The price of the gold has been lowered 50 bucks to $2,550! Now if I only can get one....

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Have you tried calling the Mint to see what the hang up is?

Yes, against my better judgment, I called. Of course, everything is fine, just about to ship, Yada Yada. I dont think any of their customer service people have the slightest clue what is going on.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    “Wow. I’m especially surprised on the pre-sale prices on the silver.”

To the extent the surprise is the low price, check eBay. Justin is selling the FDI 70 coins at even lower prices now. And, no doubt someone may undercut Justin down the road. It’s a race to who can make the least amount of money while picking up market share!

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Mitch,

What's your guess for raw and 70 on the silver and gold V75s in a year?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

my silver from first day is also still processing, I called a few days ago and the girl said everything was fine...

• Options

My Mayflower Reverse Proof Silver just shipped.

Seems like they would have finished shipping the V75 ASE before shipping the Mayflower stuff.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    My Mayflower Reverse Proof Silver just shipped.

My RP shipped today as well

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

An email from The Mint at 16:00:

U.S. Mint: News Release
    A Message from United States Mint Director David J. Ryder

Dear Mint Customers,

I want to take this opportunity to speak to you about the Mint’s approach to our numismatic program.

First off, the United States Mint is unique in that we are an agency of the Federal Government, and also a retail sales organization. The goal of our numismatic program is to serve the American people by producing coins and medals that tell America’s story, are desirable to our customers, and generate net earnings. Net earnings not required for Mint operations are transferred to the United States Treasury general fund and ultimately benefit you, the taxpayer. During my tenure as Mint Director, I have challenged my staff to come up with new and creative products to energize, excite, and expand the collector community. My team has met this objective on many occasions, most recently with our products honoring the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II and our collaboration with the Royal Mint commemorating the 400th anniversary of the trans-Atlantic journey of the Mayflower.

As we look to provide the market with innovative and interesting products, we engage in market research and solicit feedback from the numismatic community. Our forecasting team examines historical performance and gleans insights on current customer interests and also assesses any new product’s overall potential. When we develop mintage limits for our numismatic products, we use our best efforts to come up with what we think are mintages that will satisfy customer demand and ultimately sell out. Contrary to the belief of some, we’re not happy when a product sells out immediately —that means that we underestimated demand and disappointed many customers. On the other hand, we don’t want to set mintages so high that we’re left with unsold inventory, which results in additional expense when we recycle the coins and medals and dispose of the packaging. Finding the right number is part art and part science. Most of the time I think we’re successful, but in the case of the World War II 75th Anniversary products we clearly underestimated demand.

As many of you are aware, a slowdown of the Mint’s online sales website caused frustration for many of our loyal customers, who were unable to purchase their desired product. One contributing factor is that there were 390,000 users attempting to access the website during one time frame, which is more than triple the capacity we had planned for. I can also tell you that our solutions to prevent automated purchases by “bots” also put an immense strain on our website and can lead to unintended issues for other legitimate purchasers. The overwhelming demand for these products outpaced our website capacity in ways that we are still trying to better understand and remedy. That said, more than 75 percent of 75th Anniversary End of World War II products were purchased by the Mint’s registered customers. I have asked my team to do a thorough analysis of what went wrong, and, by balancing capacity versus cost, come up with long-term, lasting solutions that will provide our customers with a vastly improved buying experience.

Also, we have different sets of customers purchasing our products, including individual collectors and dealers. We do not provide preferential treatment to any of our customers, be they individual collectors or professional coin dealers, and we have measures in place, both automated and manual, to ensure that household order limits are adhered to. We have seen an increase of activity by another sector of customers—buying groups who offer to pay a premium to individuals who purchase our high-demand products. This sector is one of the reasons you are seeing high prices for our products on the secondary market. The Mint has no control over what individuals do with their numismatic products once they are purchased. Some customers choose to add these coins and medals to their collections, while others choose to sell them for a profit.

In summary, I and my team are working to change the way the Mint has done business in the past. We endeavor to produce numismatic products that our customers will value. Along the way, we’ve made mistakes, and are doing our absolute best to learn from those mistakes. I thank you for your loyalty as a Mint customer, and look forward to your continued presence with us as we continue our journey of celebrating America through our numismatic products.

Sincerely,
    Dave

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
    Learn more about the United States Mint.
    Subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, and public statements.
    Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

• Options
    foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

The future value of the AGE is looking fantastic if that email is to be believed.

• Options

@foraiur said:
    The future value of the AGE is looking fantastic if that email is to be believed.

That would seem to be the case.

I think that the folks who do retail products at the Mint are just clueless. Did they really not understand that 1945 was not an incredibly low mintage for an AGE that would leave many collectors out in the cold???? How is that possible.

• Options

This is very interesting from the letter:

"That said, more than 75 percent of 75th Anniversary End of World War II products were purchased by the Mint’s registered customers."

Registered for how long?? Just before release?

It would be very interesting to see that figure for the AGE.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foraiur said:

That e-mail actually means nothing. He is most likely gone in January...maybe the high prices will go with him.

• Options

Am I the only one here who likes these low releases? It makes it exciting. If it get one great, if not oh well. I’m not a flipper, I’ve never sold a coin. I just like to have the low mintage items to keep things interesting.

• Options

APMEX asking $15k on the gold in OGP

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foraiur said:

At 1945 pieces it certainly has a bright future. The mint playing dumb doesn't change much IMO. They are not that stupid.

• Options

I'm tracking a proof 70 age on Ebay to see what it brings. So far it's at $14700 with about 3 days left in the auction.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

1 avail

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'm tracking a proof 70 age on Ebay to see what it brings. So far it's at $14700 with about 3 days left in the auction.

This one?

• Options

that's the one! what's the projection? I'm guessing $18K

• Options

@Kliao said:

I wonder what they're buying them for. I'd guess about half that.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea how this actually works, but I like how Sony is handling the PS5 preorders. Think the mint might be able to make use of something like this?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropping the price for the final dozen or so??? Really? Seriously??
    I still have one in my bag. That's about as far as I could get...at least the mint is offering them for sale daily for a millisecond.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 5:01PM

@Tetromibi said:
    I have no idea how this actually works, but I like how Sony is handling the PS5 preorders. Think the mint might be able to make use of something like this?

I’ve been trying on there and it’s just frustrating as in my experience if not more so. You wait up to an hour and when you are finally let in it’s sold out. At least with the mints current system you can try and get lucky. With the queuing systems there’s no hope if you aren’t first in line.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    Dropping the price for the final dozen or so??? Really? Seriously??
    I still have one in my bag. That's about as far as I could get...at least the mint is offering them for sale daily for a millisecond.

Gold price has dropped so they are required to drop the prices on gold items.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file