Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s there and gone in under 2 seconds. I don’t think a human can be that quick!!

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

was refreshing at 4:40 didn't see anything come up for the ase v75

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

Yep, at 0540 MST it flipped. The item I was trying to get did not flip but then I checked my wish list and saw some unavailable items became available like the Mayflower items

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

7:40 and gone in less than a second

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

The mayflower coins are available again. Gold flashed for a second and was gone.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kliao, same thing two days in a row it flips red and then the add to button does not work

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see anything but a hesitation on a refresh. Posting at that same minute probably didn't help either!

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020 5:47AM

20EH came available at 740, cannot believe it sold out yesterday. Still there.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mayflower gold are available again. And the UNC gold eagle from yesterday too.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

Honestly, if you dont have the coin in your cart already, you have zero chance of buying it at this point.

• Options

@sj5150 said:
    Honestly, if you dont have the coin in your cart already, you have zero chance of buying it at this point.

Well I did have it in my cart until the mint booted it yesterday for some reason.

Collector

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sj5150 said:

Sounds like someone did and couldn't check out?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

Saw nothing at 7:40. I still have in bag.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing changed for me, Silver V75 still in bag.
    Are you in checkout when refreshing?

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

so, if we're not getting them who is?

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    so, if we're not getting them who is?

👋🤖

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Nothing changed for me, Silver V75 still in bag.
    Are you in checkout when refreshing?

I put a RP Mayflower coin in the cart. Then you can see when it becomes available. The gold Mayflower issues are the ones that almost definitely become available so I use it as a bellwether for the catalog update.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

My guess is they have the coin pop on a timer and unless there is one available in inventory, it immediately kicks back off again giving no chance to place an order. Kinda like a failsafe. The different times are just annoying, however.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

I would like to put one back into the bag. I see a lot of the recent gold is still available right now.
    I just don't understand how the window is so small for so many days. Toying with us? There just aren't that many of these remaining unsold.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

I was literally refreshing once per second at 7:40 with the coin in my cart. All info is pre-filled for me. I saw the coin flip and pressed the check to buy and then placed order. Nope. Gone. In under a second. That's not an exaggeration. I have no doubt that there are at least 5+ bots all trying to place the order. The coin is gone in the moment it takes me to move my mouse, press the check, and move it again to press place order. Thats <0.6 seconds. I don't know how many coins are left; I'd estimate <15.

So for those that don't have a coin in their cart already, you need to press add, then go to your cart, then do all the address, then billing address, then credit card, then review, then check mark, then place order.

Yea good luck with that.

• Options

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

I was literally refreshing once per second at 7:40 with the coin in my cart. All info is pre-filled for me. I saw the coin flip and pressed the check to buy and then placed order. Nope. Gone. In under a second. That's not an exaggeration. I have no doubt that there are at least 5+ bots all trying to place the order. The coin is gone in the moment it takes me to move my mouse, press the check, and move it again to press place order. Thats <0.6 seconds. I don't know how many coins are left; I'd estimate <15.

So for those that don't have a coin in their cart already, you need to press add, then go to your cart, then do all the address, then billing address, then credit card, then review, then check mark, then place order.

Yea good luck with that.

Wow. Thanks for the note. Bots are just killing it for the collectors. Wonder when it will change to sold out.

• Options

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

This...

Refreshing at same rate, I saw nothing change...

• Options

Is there a way to find out how many were sold on each day for the last week?

• Options

OK, how do you guys see so many options at the same second? Different screens? If you have two items in your cart and one does not flip you can't check out so that is no good right? Now that my cart was emptied yesterday I am looking at the product page waiting for the "remind me" box to disappear. I can only focus on one item at a time. What screen are you guys looking at?

• Options

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

Wow. Thanks for the note. Bots are just killing it for the collectors. Wonder when it will change to sold out.

Hopefully not until all of us get one.

Collector

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

I can hit the place order button, move onto the please wait message then automatically get kicked back to the previous page. So even with the AGE still in my cart, it's pretty much useless. Maybe I'll get lucky today and the Mint can make it disappear from my cart so I can be done. LOL

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    OK, how do you guys see so many options at the same second? Different screens? If you have two items in your cart and one does not flip you can't check out so that is no good right? Now that my cart was emptied yesterday I am looking at the product page waiting for the "remind me" box to disappear. I can only focus on one item at a time. What screen are you guys looking at?

Yeah, Riddle me this^

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

IDK - but it seems like many people are getting to "Place Order" and even "Order Processing"; so it appears that it is just which order gets thru first....I dont think BOTS have an advantage in this scenario
    I also think the time changes are screwing up the BOTS, unless they are checking "always"

• Options

If the USM just put more than 1 available - there would be many more successes on this forum; at least this group of people
    Id really like to know how many people are actually playing this game every morning - 10? 100? 200?
    I happen to think less than 100

• Options

At the very least ME, LOL

• Options

If there is approx 25-30 left; I think the remaining members here should be able to put a dent in it :)
    If offered at once

• Options

@coiner said:
    If there is approx 25-30 left; I think the remaining members here should be able to put a dent in it :)
    If offered at once

Silver / Gold? V75

• Options

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

I don't think you can conclude that there are bots involved. There might well be 100 humans with a coin in cart who all hit buy at the same time and were all competed for 1 or 2 coins released. The fact that sj5150 didn't get one doesn't mean someone was faster, it just means that there were 100 people chasing the same coin.

• Options

@coiner said:
    If the USM just put more than 1 available - there would be many more successes on this forum; at least this group of people
    Id really like to know how many people are actually playing this game every morning - 10? 100? 200?

It's hard to know, because it isn't just people on this forum. There were over 300,000 people trying to buy them on the first minute of the first day. 95% of those have never heard of this forum. So if there are a dozen people on this forum doing this at 7:30 a.m EST, there might well be several hundred others.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

You can open multiple browser windows, one on each page of interest. I was watching 6 items today.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@coiner said:

The truth lies in what is NOT seen, and NOT heard. What humans will do when they think they smell money is, well....
    Could be 1,000's trying.

• Options

By the way, the other thing that's worth considering is whether there were NONE available today. Isn't it possible that it just blinks to red (Add to Bag) when it is doing the catalog update and that the underlying number was always zero?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    By the way, the other thing that's worth considering is whether there were NONE available today. Isn't it possible that it just blinks to red (Add to Bag) when it is doing the catalog update and that the underlying number was always zero?

This is what I was wondering as well. If someone could find out how many have been released each day over the last week that would be quite telling.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

You can open multiple browser windows, one on each page of interest. I was watching 6 items today.

But don't you have to click on each tab and hit refresh in sequence? Sounds like a few extra seconds when one second means so much. Are you seeing all 6 screens at one time? I'm playing with a single full screen view on a single monitor.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

That would explain why nothing changed, at least for me, at checkout.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

I don't think you can conclude that there are bots involved. There might well be 100 humans with a coin in cart who all hit buy at the same time and were all competed for 1 or 2 coins released. The fact that sj5150 didn't get one doesn't mean someone was faster, it just means that there were 100 people chasing the same coin.

There. Are. Bots. Involved.

I know for a fact.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

This is what I was wondering as well. If someone could find out how many have been released each day over the last week that would be quite telling.

@DelawareDoons said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

There. Are. Bots. Involved.

I know for a fact.

I'm sure there are some. What i was trying to say is you can't conclude that your failure to execute a trade means you lost to a bot.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

But don't you have to click on each tab and hit refresh in sequence? Sounds like a few extra seconds when one second means so much. Are you seeing all 6 screens at one time? I'm playing with a single full screen view on a single monitor.

Yes, you have to click them all. But I just do it in order of "importance". I also have a Mayflower gold in the cart as a bellwether. As soon as it is available, I know they did the catalog update.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

@Raufus said:

@sj5150 said:

Yea good luck with that.

Hopefully not until all of us get one.

Absolutely!!!!! Hugely rooting for u guys!!!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

The going theory that there are actually none left explains why even when flipped I could not add to cart. It just stays on that screen and the button does not work

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Might be close to sell out...

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Left coast here.

I only got up once at 4:30 AM to check.

So glad I made that decision not to get up early anymore.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

Yes, you have to click them all. But I just do it in order of "importance". I also have a Mayflower gold in the cart as a bellwether. As soon as it is available, I know they did the catalog update.

If I'm understanding this correctly, wouldn't the Mayflower need to be made available seconds (1 to 2) sooner in order for you to move on to the AGE/ASE V75 page and then refresh to show available and then proceed with checkout? It seems like this approach would prolong the time to get to checkout. I must be missing something.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file