Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May 2020 pickups - show em!

Comments

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    Some more rookie additions. I've been looking for a centered PSA 7 Perez for years. I've had to much time on my hands lately.

Nice Hit Man and Perez

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020 1:29PM

Love the Belfour - strange seeing him wearing #31 and donning a plain white helmet.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best to play.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

LOL, Glad they both could help out in your purchase of two AWESOME rookies!!

@rexvos said:
    This mail day is brought to you by Carson Wentz and Christian McCaffrey PSA 10 RCs I sold to pay for them

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome addition!!

@LGC said:

I have looked at this for months and another CU member's addition this month convinced me that it was time to pull the trigger.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@LGC said:

I have looked at this for months and another CU member's addition this month convinced me that it was time to pull the trigger.

Wow, that is a fantastic addition. Congrats!

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beauty card! I trust you have compared this one to the trimmed one that UFFDAH bought last year from PWCC. Not saying it looks trimmed but there are only so many of these. I trust the PWCC card was destroyed but who knows.

@LGC said:

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few more beauties for my favorite Cuban set...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LGC - iconic card. Congratz!!

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    Beauty card! I trust you have compared this one to the trimmed one that UFFDAH bought last year from PWCC. Not saying it looks trimmed but there are only so many of these. I trust the PWCC card was destroyed but who knows.

Hi 80sOPC. I understand from other collectors that the suspect card called into question was not trimmed, but rather was cleaned/re-colored of production spots. There is always risk of alteration, but I trust the dealer/seller and I actually see a production spot or two on this copy that did not hold me back from buying this.

@UFFDAH: Thanks for showing your copy. It was motivation for me to move on something that does not become available often.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LGC said:

@LGC wins the thread. Great card of my favorite player when I was 6, 7 years old :)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Dryden is off the chain!

Dawson postcard is really cool too, love team issues I haven’t seen before.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome to discover a Trout you didn’t know you had!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020 12:49AM

so I couldn't resist, picked up another ITP Wade in addition to the one I posted earlier in the month (new one on the right). And I guess I wasn't the only person picking up Strawberry this month either.

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020 10:04AM

@doubledragon here it is. I believe this is his 1948 appearance.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:
    @doubledragon here it is. I believe this is his 1948 appearance.

Oh, sweet! That is awesome! You can never go wrong with rarity, and that is a true rarity. I'm glad to see it made it to you safely. Congrats Jason!

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff, that is a great card congrats!

@LGC said:

@80sOPC said:

Hi 80sOPC. I understand from other collectors that the suspect card called into question was not trimmed, but rather was cleaned/re-colored of production spots. There is always risk of alteration, but I trust the dealer/seller and I actually see a production spot or two on this copy that did not hold me back from buying this.

@UFFDAH: Thanks for showing your copy. It was motivation for me to move on something that does not become available often.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

2010 Ringside Gold Joe Louis. This card is numbered 1/9

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decided that after defending him on the message boards, I needed a Walker rookie!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Why is it when this guys name left off? When people talk about the GOAT.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

Some of us try to make sure he gets his due.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

I put him in there, but I like Wilt a little more.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't have one of these yet so I picked one up.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Slowly closing in on finishing my collection...here is my latest pickup. 12 cards and 1 1960s wax pack to go.

The color and focus on that Mays is as good as it gets. Awesome pickup. Congrats.

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Been busy and just getting around to posting. Got one for my 48 leaf boxing set. 8 to go! And 3 for my baseball greats collection. The Seaver is a BGS 6.5. I am in love with the 1970 topps Clemente and Jackson. Great looking cards for the grade. I'd argue the Clemente looks better than the Jackson a full grade lower.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Straw
    my man LT the baddest LB ever

Nice scans! And cards!

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent pickup back from BBCE Authenticating/Wrapping

When I first saw this rack my reaction was "That's Incredible" !!

Fran is the Man but what else is neat is another collector pointed out to me that Fred Cox is the original inventor of the Nerf Football!! He is also the Viking's all time leading scorer.

Two NFL players that had major positive impacts both on and off the field making this a special rack.

If your a Viking fan....Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" and a big horn of Beer to chug would be fitting to go with this rack!

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Horst Muhlmann too!

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

A bunch from 2001 Finest I'll be sending in for the newest slab type soon. Slowly finishing up Finest sets I started years ago
    Quite a few of these are low pop cards I picked up VERY cheaply and with the exception of Clemens all Pop 4 or less.I plan on trying to cross that 2001 finest over to my BGS Clemens registry More to follow just getting some scan time in so I get away from entries for a while and clean up my floor some more

I couldn't help buy these Red Sox 2018 Topps Now Gold versions the price was too good to pass up
    The Thomas PSA 9 is a recent return the PSA 10 the slab label finally got fixed
    Think this is my 20th PSA 9 in a row of Vaughn have enough now to do a complete PSA 9 registry :)
    Happy about that Chipper / Andruw dual slabbed it for resale !!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Abe,I'd love to see that Quaker set if you ever get a chance to upload the pics someday.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Abe,I'd love to see that Quaker set if you ever get a chance to upload the pics someday.

Absolutely, I'll work on that this weekend.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

Prime Time.