Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May 2020 pickups - show em!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Excited to add this to my collection is an understatement! This will take a seat on my Mount Rushmore of cards!

Wowsers!!! Monster pickup. Congrats.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, congrats Jason!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful Cobb! Congratulations.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69

Great work, my friend. Looks like it may burst into flames...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited May 29, 2020 1:44PM

Got some cheap autos in today's mail. The players are "commons" and none of the cards are minty, but here's a half dozen players whose autos I didn't yet own. 3 vintage and 3 Sox. Most of the sigs look great in person.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

WOW! Your patience paid off, that's a NICE one!

@JBrules said:
    Upgraded my Alcindor/Jabbar registry with this addition. I have been looking for a long time to find a PSA 9 that had good enough centering and was priced right. Finally found it. Only 1 PSA 10 and 34 PSA 9's.

• Options
    edited May 29, 2020 2:54PM

That Alcindor is a HUGE score!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kareem has this look on his face........"yeah, this card is the sh*t, isn't it"

monumental get David

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

a upgrade.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Nice cards love the Emmit !

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020 9:31AM

More recent slabs back. The Boggs I now have multiples of that card # 2 in PSA 9 . The set is complete just trying to upgrade some cards in it selling off the dupes that don't grade higher.
    The Griffey Tek is a Pop 2 none higher
    The Belle Tek is a Pop 1 none higher
    The Jeter Box Score if you've ever opened any boxes you'll know NRMT 8 is fine that series was horribly cut

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2020 9:39AM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    This pickup is 100% nostalgia based. What I mean is that when I buy a baseball card, I do homework and look at the market and try to find things at prices where I can get out even in the worst case scenario. (For that reason, I almost have to buy raw or get very lucky). Simply put, I have to hustle - I’m certainly not the guy winning cards for top dollar at REA. I have nothing against those collectors (well, envy) but I usually have to hunt and dig and find. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Some people feel quite comfortable shopping at Tiffany; I prefer finding my diamonds in the rough.

All that said, I didn’t really do that for these cards. Maybe they’re worth something but I bought them because they look to be in great shape and because - as a kid - I bought so many packs of these. Where I grew up, there used to be a ton of baseball card shopS within a bike ride. Obviously, there was always hot product but there was always the stuff they couldn’t give away. At the time, the box of these was next to the box of ‘86 Fleer Basketball and I don’t think I ever bought even one pack of them! Nope, I sailed right past them to grab these every time. Put simply, for children of a certain age, you probably also loved the blues. And then, when they arrived today, it was like I was a child again. I don’t think I have any plans to grade these, either, though I may want to get them in holders at some point.

1977 Star Wars - Series 1 Complete Set with Stickers

Single asterisk set! That space pirate solo card has something ive never seen w/ an additional asterisk printed diagonally. Take extra good care of those stickers!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Rexvos.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    Canes8387899101Canes8387899101 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Picked up a tough one for my '59 set, and some of the best ever for the CaneCave!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow nice cards to end the month. Loving that Koufax and congrats on the Aaron rookie.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on the Aaron!

@Billyk97 said:

I have always loved reading on the legacy Hank Aaron had for the baseball world and how my grandfather would skip school every other week to take a bus to Milwaukee to see Hank Aaron and Warren Spahn play! I finally have my dream card!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    IF you get a topps traded of this RC it can be a challenge finding a PSA 10 without white chips in the upper black up top.....these are starting to jump in price. ALL variations of Bonds RC's really. Ironically, the Topps Traded Tiffany issue~ which sells for quite a bit more than the regular Topps Traded~ has a much smoother cut and therefore does not have the chips that the regular Topps Traded set has.....

Great card, very nice pickup!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    Upgraded my Alcindor/Jabbar registry with this addition. I have been looking for a long time to find a PSA 9 that had good enough centering and was priced right. Finally found it. Only 1 PSA 10 and 34 PSA 9's.

Amazing card. Congrats!

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2020 9:08AM