Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 9:26AM

I have 2 more on the way, one from eBay and one from GC.
    Will post when they arrive.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 11:37PM

670 Wheaties / 10 Steelies

1943 s

Two issues. PMD or not?

Concave on Reverse

Convex on Obverse

Why Concave and Convex?

At first, looked cut with something? But when I further examined, the issue on the obverse looks as if it's convex (raised appearance) ? The two issues on the reverse, does look concave (hole appearance). So why would one side look convex and another side look concave? Wouldn't both sides appear concave if cut?
    That's the first issue. The other issue is on the date. Right of the "9"? What in the world?

RPM? Thanks guys

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:

This is my all time favorite 20th century coin

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm even going to weigh this creation attempt .
    The Aprentise ?

@edwardjulio said:

That's as close to "perfection" as I've seen . . . . . .

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    Not super new, I've had it a bit over a week now, and I'll post a thread about it later afterwards but... arrives at NGC for express grading today.

That is a super nice coin and a great date! I love CC Morgan’s - my favs are this date you have, plus 1878, 1885 and 1990!

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:

@DelawareDoons said:
    Not super new, I've had it a bit over a week now, and I'll post a thread about it later afterwards but... arrives at NGC for express grading today.

That is a super nice coin and a great date! I love CC Morgan’s - my favs are this date you have, plus 1878, 1885 and 1990!

I think you mean 1890.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

@coinsarefun said:
    Nice pickups @ZoidMeister ………I told you I’m a baaaad influence ;):D

You've got NOOOOO idea . . . . . .

I think Tim is getting tired of seeing my name pop up . . . . . . .

Z

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love each and everyone on yours @ZoidMeister .
    I don’t know why but it’s something about the design of them simple, yet elegant…..I don’t know.
    Just really like them.

@coinsarefun said:
    I love each and everyone on yours @ZoidMeister .
    I don’t know why but it’s something about the design of them simple, yet elegant…..I don’t know.
    Just really like them.

I've got a few more to photograph.

Z

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file