Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Downtown that cheek looks flawless!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@WAYNEAS said:

@joeykoins said:

how would you rate the Kennedy from the mint sets to the regular business strikes...

These seem so much sweeter!
    Some hits but in comparison. No comparison.

looking for 2020 d which has a MS68 grade
    anybody think that the "mints" will grade higher

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@joeykoins said:

@WAYNEAS said:

@joeykoins said:

how would you rate the Kennedy from the mint sets to the regular business strikes...

These seem so much sweeter!
    Some hits but in comparison. No comparison.

looking for 2020 d which has a MS68 grade
    anybody think that the "mints" will grade higher

Yes, your 2020p looks awesome!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    Dang @Zoins that is an incredible piece! I love it

I want to be @Zoins when I "grow up" . . . . .

Two chances of that happening, "FAT" and "SLIM" . . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks WAY better than a 64!
    I'm thinking 66 Obverse. Reverse look as good ?

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:

Looks WAY better than a 64!
    I'm thinking 66 Obverse. Reverse look as good ?

It’s a good looking Morgan but the lighting is hiding a few of the marks. It’s more noticeable in the hand. The reverse actually looks nicer than the obverse. Still looks like an easy 65.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IkesT said:
    When I first saw the obverse of this particular coin, I had a premonition of what was on the reverse... :o

To sensitive individuals who are disturbed by the sight of damage to innocent die varieties, I apologize in advance. :#

The story does have a happy ending, as this coin now has a home in my collection. ;)

@joeykoins
    @dlmtorts
    @cmerlo1
    @dcarr
    @1tommy

Wow, on a type B reverse clad QTR, how rare and what a coincidence using this specific coin.

Ken

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IkesT said:
    When I first saw the obverse of this particular coin, I had a premonition of what was on the reverse... :o

It looks like Robin Williams.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2020 11:30AM

@ZoidMeister said:

@coinsarefun said:
    Dang @Zoins that is an incredible piece! I love it

I want to be @Zoins when I "grow up" . . . . .

Two chances of that happening, "FAT" and "SLIM" . . . . . . .

Z

You can do it! I started off collecting many of the things you're collecting, things that I still avidly collect I might add :)

As for my collecting now, it's taken me a long time to get here! Probably 10,000 hours!

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

@ZoidMeister said:
    This hasn't arrived yet. It's inbound from Europe. It's a LARGE brass medal designed by Leopold Wiener, of the cathedral / architectural medal fame.

I was awe struck with the design of this one. Talk about HIGH RELIEF . . . . ! I'll get an angled view of it when it arrives. It measures 60mm in diameter. No idea how much it weighs.

I am totally excited to have won this one. It's whimsical detail is amazing. I wish I knew to whom it was given / made for and why it was crafted.

Z

Description per the seller:

1861 Belgian Art Festival Angel / Muse / Bull / Welcome Bronze Medal by Leopold Wiener

I have got to say this medal you’re showing is over the top beautiful. The design alone is in incredible in every way. Congratulations on such a GREAT addition to your collection. I want one too😊. I wonder what it’s called so I can put it on my watch list.
    Thank you for sharing my coin brother👍👌

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive.

Any day now I hope . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKbustchaser said:
    I can't normally afford to swim in the deep water of Legend Auctions but as mentioned in another thread I did stick a toe in the pool at their Las Vegas Regency auction. I snagged the least expensive coin in the sale.

Saw the coin there and liked it.

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKbustchaser said:
    I can't normally afford to swim in the deep water of Legend Auctions but as mentioned in another thread I did stick a toe in the pool at their Las Vegas Regency auction. I snagged the least expensive coin in the sale.

Congrats! Way to step up.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options

Great coins everyone!

Love that cent @Mark!

Great colors on that dollar @ACop!

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    July of 2019 seems like a lifetime ago, right? I owned one of these last year and let it go. Always regretted it so talked my wife into an early Christmas present. Just picked up one on ebay:

Great pick up! Show us the reverse. It could be the DDR? On the astronaut's left boot. Double- toe. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins - this is the ebay auction photo from my purchase. Won't have the actual coin until next Monday:

• Options

@PCGSPhoto said:
    The Royal Mint has been doing a music legends series this year, and the David Bowie coin came out today.
    I couldn't resist getting one.
    https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/music-legends/david-bowie/

Nice coin! :+1:

Can't wait to see the TrueView ;)

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    on its way

I like! ♥️👍

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice @WAYNEAS

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the P & D @joeykoins :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 7:18PM

@Downtown1974 said:
    Not finding much I like lately. Been pretty slow on the buying front. I did grab this dollar for my Morgan date set. Looks WAY better than a 64!

Luster is the only thing holding it back Gem. Looks to have 67 surfaces . Sweet New Orleans dollar

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mach1ne said:
    I love old BU rolls, especially with a touch of color from the paper wrapper. :)

I just decided I don't like old BU cent rolls that were kept in the paper. I just opened a few minutes ago, some BU rolls that were in paper wrappers. The edges no longer look BU. (Nothing big, just 1968-s, 1973, 1975, 1974 rolls) The acid in the paper took the shine off most of the edges. I cannot (will-not) sell coins in tubes that do not look BU on the edges without repercussion, (I just threw these coins in the pocket change bin.) Mind you, this is nothing substantial, but it gave me a warning to stay away from paper wrapped rolls. The obverses and reverses look great and you are ok if you sell them one at a time or slab them, but, put them in a tube to sell as a tubed roll and you may have problems selling them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file