Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The forum needs a little humor.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Men who tinkle on the seat, haven’t learned to urineat.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows that in this Internet era, traditional newspapers are under budgetary strain. Sparer staff and editorial surveillance makes quality control harder.

And ever when newspapers do try to correct oversights, smoetimes they only make things worse. These are actual corrections:

"Our paper carried the notice last week that Mr. Oscar Hoffnagle is a defective on the police force. This was a typographical error. Mr. Hoffnagle, of course, is a detective on the police farce."

"Yesterday we mistakenly reported that a talk was given by a battle-scared hero. We apologize for the error. We obviously meant that the talk was given by a bottle-scarred hero."

"In a recent edition we referred to the chairman of the Chrysler Corporation as Lee Iacoocoo. His real name is Lee Iacacca. The Gazette regrets the error."

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @WildIdea.... OK... I must be getting old, What am I missing?? Cheers, RickO

I think that depends on what he was shopping for. B)

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@ricko said:

Haha, @ricko, that billfold size pad is the passenger seat. It’s all the rear end comfort this chopper offers so thinking it’s a nod to riding solo. My wife saying oh yeah right......

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2020 10:25AM

Well, I thought it was also partly about a choice between the woman or the bike.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options

@Sonorandesertrat said:
    Well, I thought I was also partly about a choice between the woman or the bike.

I can see that!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that type of seat which would focus vibrations in a certain area why hardtails have certain reputation? >:)

@WildIdea said:

@ricko said:

Haha, @ricko, that billfold size pad is the passenger seat. It’s all the rear end comfort this chopper offers so thinking it’s a nod to riding solo. My wife saying oh yeah right......

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea.... Thank you, I saw that little 'whatever' but thought it was her change purse or something. Wow. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2020 11:47AM

@ricko said:
    A Chinese Doctor can't find a job in a Hospital in the US, so he opens his own clinic and puts a sign outside
    'GET TREATMENT FOR $20 - IF NOT CURED GET BACK $100.'
    An American lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn $100 and goes to the clinic.
    Lawyer: 'I have lost my sense of taste.'
    Chinese: 'Nurse, bring medicine from box No. 22 and put 3 drops in patient's mouth.'
    Lawyer: 'Ugh. this is kerosene.'
    Chinese: 'Congrats, your sense of taste is restored. Give me $20.'
    The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to recover his money.
    Lawyer: 'I have lost my memory. I cannot remember anything.'
    Chinese: 'Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22 and put 3 drops in his mouth.'
    Lawyer (annoyed): 'This is kerosene. You gave this to me last time for restoring my taste.'
    Chinese: 'Congrats. You got your memory back. Give me $20.'
    The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a week later determined to get back $100.
    Lawyer: 'My eyesight has become very weak I can't see at all.'
    Chinese: 'Well, I don't have any medicine for that, so take this $100.'
    Lawyer (staring at the note): 'But this is $20, not $100!!'
    Chinese: 'Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give me $20'

Cheers, RickO

My acupuncturist said he was a MD (surgeon) in China. He told me surgeons have to go to the funeral of all their patients that die during surgery.

IDK if it's true or not.

• Options

I met my wife going through a revolving door, and we have been going around ever since.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

When I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three politicians were in a heated discussion as to which one was the best liar.

As the discussion was getting louder and louder the bartender suggested they have a liar's contest.

After agreeing to the rules the first says, "I have never told a lie."

The second indicated that he was not capable of telling a lie.

The third won the prize as he assured the bartender that, "The other two had told the exact truth."

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2020 1:14PM

@Swampboy said:
    Man walks up to the bartender and says "give me a Corona and 2 hurricanes"
    Bartender replies "That'll be $20.20"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNkzmP4ypOk

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried unplugging 2020 for ten seconds and plugging it back in?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file