Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best BST Threads of All-Time

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I fondly remember the @RYK sell-offs with as a way of adding wonderful gold pieces to my collection. Any recollections of great BST steals, deals or outstanding pieces acquired from this great (and free) collector resources?

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than my local coin shop, the BST forum is my favorite place to purchase from.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last coin I purchased from you.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:
    I remember this one. I love the BST.....an amazing free resource!

WOW.....I love this coin and I don't even usually care for Morgan Dollar's!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the BST and have used it for great deals. It certainly has many listings (which is good) that do not interest me...but we are collectors with a wide range of interests...I will continue to use it when I see items of interest. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    The vast majority are forgettable.

Nat King Cole if alive, a member, and the button still valid would disagree :'(

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly the BST is mostly an ebay listing dumping ground these days, many years ago it was a great resource that facilitated transactions between collectors here. During those years I was able to pick up many items from a number of members both collectors and dealers. One such deal included a group of fresh to market Morgans from Coinkat. This was one of those purchased PCGS rattler graded MS62

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think BST is great. I sell a bunch of stuff on it, and usually, it follows those suggestions above. Also, just look at Weiss’ posts....creative, resourceful, and striaghtforward. His stuff sells quicker than mine! 😁

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still look at the BST. That, and the thrice per year Baltimore shows are my venues for buying coins... I just wish that "ebay" or FSHO would be incorporated in the subject line consistently.

I'm also still waiting for @jwitten to post more raw gold! I snoozed... :-/

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    I still look at the BST. That, and the thrice per year Baltimore shows are my venues for buying coins... I just wish that "ebay" or FSHO would be incorporated in the subject line consistently.

I have more I may be listing in a day or so, be watching!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@lkenefic said:

I have more I may be listing in a day or so, be watching!

John Witten is a reliable seller and I will vouch for him without hesitation.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't someone start a "reverse auction " back in the day? ... started the prices high, and then lowered the price every day with a TTT... I can't recall who did that.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer wOw! that one looks under-graded.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:
    I remember this one. I love the BST.....an amazing free resource!

Amazing!1

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got these two off the BST. 1832 LM-10.2 and 1832 LM-10.3 ...die remarriages that matter to geeks like me.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found BST to be a good resource, and I've made friends & subsequently done major swaps with one person whom I consider to be a good friend now.

There's always a good variety, and it beats ebay by a mile.

Most of my transactions have been good, but there have been occasional instances - maybe about 5% to 10%, both when buying and when selling - that there's been some degree of dissatisfaction regarding condition by one party or the other.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    I got these two off the BST. 1832 LM-10.2 and 1832 LM-10.3 ...die remarriages that matter to geeks like me.

I remember the bottom... beautiful coin.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done hundreds of BST deals, buying and selling.

My personal best was deciding to sell my partial seated half collection intact, 40 different dates, emphasis on better dates, mostly raw, F15-AU.
    I had four offers within a couple hours, and sold it to a forumite who offered MORE than my asking price. Maybe I priced it too low, but I made a profit, paid no fees, and they all went in
    one shipment.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    I still think BST is great. I sell a bunch of stuff on it, and usually, it follows those suggestions above. Also, just look at Weiss’ posts....creative, resourceful, and striaghtforward. His stuff sells quicker than mine! 😁

Better provenance!

;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file