Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

April Pickups - let's see some eye candy!!

Comments

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

@BunchOBull said:
    Nice looking 1995 alternate gamer and already framed.

Gorgeous! I finally picked up a signed ball by The Big Hurt a few months ago, but am really itching for a nice jersey too.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Picked up this graded Perez this past week for a mixed graded/ungraded 1969 set build.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird. Cheap. Cool. I usually like to know what I’m buying but since I already had a copy of what I assume is the top half and don’t know exactly what that is, this was just a little too cool of a companion to that one to pass up.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

A first ballot HOFer.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Hubbell !

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

A super rare Roy card that I added tonight. While it looks plane and boring and like the base card, the Pro Set Award Winner subset was issued to commemorate those players nominated for major awards in the previous NHL season. These don't seem to pop up for auction often, so I had to have it while it was available:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Love the Hubbell !

Thanks!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019 8:12PM

@ElvisP said:
    My favorite basketball player of all time!

Nice Logo!

Kevin

• Options

Oh my god, I think that Clay wins the month so far!!!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this relatively low pop 71T. Like most of the 71T there are no 10's graded. Only 10 9's. 624 more to go!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019 9:12AM

One of the games great and colorful managers, this Casey Stengel card represents his ‘rookie’ in the N.Y. Yankees Retired Numbers rookies set. While PSA does not recognize variations on 1940 Play Ball, this particular example is the rarer of the two backs - the ‘Superman’ back - and is a pretty sharp example. Quite obviously, the 1940 Play Ball Set is full of HOFers and is a pretty collectible set, in and of itself.

1940 Play Ball #141 Casey Stengel

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased a few boxes from BBCE and left no prisoners...

I thought these all have a chance at a 10, but the Griffey has a rough cut at the top...I guess we will have to wait and see. Anyone have any information on rough cuts on 89 UD?

Then I got a 5 pack of these from Topps...I think the artist @GraigK is pretty good.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just grabbed this up tonight .

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

This "will" be the pull of the month/year for me!

I retired from the Army in 1997 and bought this P/U truck - it turned 22 and hit 80K on the nose.

It's in better shape than I.

Mike
  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stone,

Hadn’t know about the Army - thank you for serving our great country. That truck looks like pack fresh Mint 9 to me!

Steve

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Picked over a couple different deals this month.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    '71 HOF'er rubber arm Phil Niekro the knuckler... tough black issue.

WOW! I mean, WOW!! That is beautiful. Congrats on the pick up.

Andy

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

I retired from the Army in 1997 and bought this P/U truck - it turned 22 and hit 80K on the nose.

Clean ride Mike. Low miles to age ratio as well. V6 or v8?

• Options
    edited April 23, 2019 8:50PM

@Stone193 said:

Love the analog odometer!!!! Something very satisfying about watching it turn on a major mileage milestone. I put 214,300 of my own miles on my very first car all on a analog odometer. I just don't get the same satisfaction on a digital.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Thanx Kevin

Clean ride Mike. Low miles to age ratio as well. V6 or v8?

Hiya Matt - thanx - small 8 - 4.6L

"And" it has a cassette player.

Mike
  • Options

I completed My Ken Griffey Jr rookie set.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Thank you for your service!!

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    '71 HOF'er rubber arm Phil Niekro the knuckler... tough black issue.

Wow! Very nice. Very tough to find a decent looking 9 in that set! That one looks super clean. I have a total of 2 9's in my 71T set, but they are just commons.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

@LarkinCollector Nice DJ Kyle!

Finally got around to using some of my ebay bucks for the quarter. This is a card with a funny story. Prior to the 1974 Season there was speculation that Lemaire was going to be traded to the Sabres. Both Topps and OPC thought they would get ahead of things and put him in a Sabres uniform in what may be the best airbrush job of the 70s! And as you may have guessed the trade never happened and Lemaire played his entire career as a Canadien.

Kevin

• Options

The Legit Boss Sasha Banks.

• Options
    edited April 24, 2019 1:03PM

Second post today because I thought this would be arriving tomorrow. Just back from PSA and unpacked. Happy but not thrilled with this one. It is a Pop 1 non higher. I really thought that it had a shot at 10. May rinse and repeat in the future. In the scan the bottom right edge looks white but its actually a reflection off the cards glossy edge. Only thing else I can find is the very small specks in the gold near the Y in Young. Those can't be seen by the naked eye and can only be seen under magnification. If you see anything else I may be missing let me know.

Kevin

• Options

Wow, another great Mantle oddball!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

This puts me at a complete graded set minus the big 4. I’m done!

• Options
    edited April 25, 2019 6:25PM

Thank you for your service!!

Very kind of you - 31 years - went very fast!

This one will not get much love. I'm a completist and had to have the updated version of a game.

The Frantz Mfg Co. started in 1918 and then in 1925 started a subsidiary - Hustler Mfg Co - and then produced the game under that banner. See the change in logo:

The new "Hustler Game" is on the right - also there was a change in the bottom of the game - the original had a place to put a paper tab for those who wanted to manually keep score.

The game came with a beater of a box - just want to show the flap - this goes back to my comic book days when they exaggerated the "size" of something they were selling - obviously this game is "not" that big!

Good e.g.? Anyone remember Sea Monkeys? I bought a really cool submarine that I was supposed to play in - maybe if I were 2 and half feet tall!

Mike
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Reese 7.5 (all of the cards really but that Reese is a work of art!)

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lamontcarter said:

This puts me at a complete graded set minus the big 4. I’m done!

Congrats, quite the accomplishment!

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    Second post today because I thought this would be arriving tomorrow. Just back from PSA and unpacked. Happy but not thrilled with this one. It is a Pop 1 non higher. I really thought that it had a shot at 10. May rinse and repeat in the future. In the scan the bottom right edge looks white but its actually a reflection off the cards glossy edge. Only thing else I can find is the very small specks in the gold near the Y in Young. Those can't be seen by the naked eye and can only be seen under magnification. If you see anything else I may be missing let me know.

Great Eichel card. It certainly isn't less than a 9, so I would not be shy about sending it back in for another shot at a 10.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good mail day today.
    One for the 61 auto set:

and a tougher common for the 58 set:

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Brooks/Ripken is phenomenal!

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    That Brooks/Ripken is phenomenal!

Sure is!!!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2019 2:16PM

I've been out of town working all week. These were waiting for me when I got home today. The 59 Turley completes my 59 All Star subset. The others are upgrades for sets. With the upgrade of the Stand-up Clendenon and Robinson my 64 Stand-up set is now #4 on the registry.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Like how you slipped that ‘68 Drysdale in the midst of all that Heritage.

• Options

For McGwire rookie cards.

For my Gibson set.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got on the Belli train this month. I’m pretty happy with these April pickups.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Used my 8% eBay bucks rebate and bought this, figured I’d get the jump on the HOF rookie registry: