Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Missing members...who do you realize is missing?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hfjacinto said:

@JBK said:

@hfjacinto said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@hfjacinto said:
    Not to try and derail, but isn't creating a new account a violation of the TOS?

7) No alt, alternative or spare accounts. One account per member, no exceptions.

Well, yea, but obviously not if Heather is aware of it.

According to this:

"The Mods post in discussions to give warnings and sometimes to explain why a thread id closed. A member in good standing can click on their icon and send them a PM. Since a banned (Ex-member) cannot post, after a long period of time, I applied for membership again and was reinstated as a new member."

He just created a new account. I don't know @Insider3 but posting you got reinstated (or created a new account), would lead me to believe that there could be consequences. I just don't want any one to get in trouble if they don't have to.

He has already explained that after setting up the new account he immediately contacted the moderators and begged/bribed (? ;) ) his way back in. He made them aware of the situation and they granted him entrance. :)

I read his posts, I saw “Heather let him back in”, but I don’t see that he contacted the moderators. His last post said “I created a new account”, I don’t see “I begged/bribed to get back in”

Well we all know that this forum isn’t moderated on the weekend. Let’s see what happens on Monday.

It was in the Omega thread:

So after a long absence, I applied again as a new member. I identified myself, said I missed you guys and the numismatic education going on here and and asked Heather to let a reformed o:) me post. Thankfully, she <3 did.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:
    I miss @LanceNewmanOCC

So do I. What happened to him? Did he just lose interest in coins?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldabeintx said:
    I miss Currin and his Hansen posts.

Yes! @Currin - Did he tire of it?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@nwcoast said:
    I miss @LanceNewmanOCC

I don’t know. I had been exchanging PM’s with him intermittently and at one point, nearly a year ago now, he dropped off. I hope he’s alright!
    He seemed to have a great interest and grasp of coins so I doubt a loss of interest was the cause. But I could be mistaken.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    @Justacommeman

Saw a lot of his coins on CRO and he hasn’t been on in ages

Did he sell his collection? I thought I recognized that silver Lincoln medal in the last early bird as his.

A good member. Hope he returns

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you oldabeintex. Returning in March for a new season.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss @astrorat .
    Super quality member here.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider3 said:

@JBK said:

@Insider3 said:

@koynekwest said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    I just started posting again recently. I stopped on January 17th due to some medical things I had to heal up from.

Surprised that Insider2 didn't miss me. That's OK though.

I missed Him and everybody else. Just didn't feel up to posting anything for awhile.

I'm OK now. A little ornery cuz I quit smoking.

Pete

Yeah-I went thru that smoking thing 11 years ago. Fun, ain't it?

I was banned! Heather let me back today. :)

Is that the former Insider2 ??

Actually no. It is a meek, toothless, mild-mannered shadow of Insider2. The real >:) posts elsewhere on the less popular forums.

Welcome back man! Get on my Friday thread and post some random pictures! >:)

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us are like a "bad penny", we just keep showing up.

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:
    Will there be an insider 4?

What the heck did he do?! He was sort of keeping a low profile since his return.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@privatecoin said:

What the heck did he do?! He was sort of keeping a low profile since his return.

LOL that didn't take long. I thought I remembered @4 was actually banned before @3, perhaps we will see an @Insider5. And where's that erroroncoins dude? RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! I missed my chance to say hello again or even goodbye again It seems he’s more of an outsider.

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭

I missed what he did wrong

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@privatecoin said:

Yeah…sorta.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 8:26AM

@JBK said:

@privatecoin said:

That was QUICK!! He was only active for TWO MONTHS!! It’s a shame as I asked him a lot of questions about conservation and grading. He was very knowledgeable.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did Skip get banned again?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    Did Skip get banned again?

YES!!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nwcoast said:

@PerryHall said:

@nwcoast said:
    I miss @LanceNewmanOCC

I don’t know. I had been exchanging PM’s with him intermittently and at one point, nearly a year ago now, he dropped off. I hope he’s alright!
    He seemed to have a great interest and grasp of coins so I doubt a loss of interest was the cause. But I could be mistaken.

His last post suggests he was getting away from the hobby.

"Man I can't believe it's been so long since Ive checked in. Thank you for the concern! Life and other interests have just got in the way of this hobby. That and I'm beginning to learn to enjoy what I have rather than the thrill of the chase and acquisition. Miss you guys and gals! Love mark"

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing members...who do you realize is missing?

OP, for starters. I thought he was just using the banned symbol as an avatar.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one I miss the most is from the old boards. His handle was MonkaPop. Great guy, from Ohio, who came to visit me in Maryland once when he was passing through. That has been at least 20 years ago. As you can tell from his handle, he had small monkeys as pets, which he ultimately took to a sanctuary in Florida.

Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Really interesting if you read through this entire thread. Lots of really sharp people among the best in their field of expertise. My all time favorite poster was Dragon, who's been mentioned. When he put something in the BST, it wasn't a question of what his price was, but who could PM him first, knowing you'd get a certified coin that was absolutely at the top of whatever grade was assigned, and likely undergraded.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know why Insider3 was banned.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent.

peacockcoins

• Options

@bennybravo said:
    Really interesting if you read through this entire thread. Lots of really sharp people among the best in their field of expertise. My all time favorite poster was Dragon, who's been mentioned. When he put something in the BST, it wasn't a question of what his price was, but who could PM him first, knowing you'd get a certified coin that was absolutely at the top of whatever grade was assigned, and likely undergraded.

Hope this wasn’t Dragon from Skinwalker Ranch TV show. He’s the pretend security/safety guy on that show who is unintentionally hilarious! 😉

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened to @longtimecollector? He was an enthusiastic seated half dollar collector who last posted on December 30th, 2010.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

If it’s been 14 years, assume the worst.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

dog97

Larry

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 4:20PM

Have not heard from @barndog or @mozin in a long time - both very knowledgeable.

I see Barndog is active, Mozin 2017.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

@ldhair said:
    dog97

and, FoundingFather.

peacockcoins

• Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see Regulated posting again.

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I don't claim to have inside intel but I would assume perhaps for the same reasons @Insider, @insider1, @insider2, @insider4 were all banned? THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

not much to comment on ;)

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@PerryHall said:

I don't claim to have inside intel but I would assume perhaps for the same reasons @Insider, @insider1, @insider2, @insider4 were all banned? THKS!

He was banned already/again? Wasn't he just allowed back a little while ago?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I haven't seen Robert Lahti in a while, I always skipped over his posts anyway.

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@blitzdude said:

@PerryHall said:

He was banned already/again? Wasn't he just allowed back a little while ago?

It was amusing to me to note that he was banned, since I had put him on ignore a few days before. Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt that this place was not improved by his participation.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barndog said:
    not much to comment on ;)

Post some coins!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:
    It was amusing to me to note that he was banned, since I had put him on ignore a few days before. Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt that this place was not improved by his participation.

Well, what are ya gonna do? Some people never learn!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was banned for 3 hours. Seemed like it was nightmare, and I was on the skipper's boat on Gillians island. It took weeks to my account back to where it was. :s

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

@bennybravo said:

Dragon is still here, goes by Luxor now. I still have 2 of his coins in my collection complements of the BST

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@PerryHall said:

While he might have been trying to keep a low profile since his return it seemed like other members had it out for him, especially since he rejoined as an alt. What a shame to keep losing good contributors.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to @Paradisefound

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options

@jafo50 said:
    What ever happened to @Paradisefound

"the users profile is private"

That can't be good.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I messaged with Paradisefound August of 2023. She was taking care of her
    mother at the time. I don't think she recovered from losing her pet bird.
    She was very attached to it.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

I messaged with her just before New Years in 2023, but not since. So worried.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file